Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Abu Dhabi | 31/12/13 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manzoor Shehzad Hafeez Younis Misbah (c) Shafiq Adnan (wk) Bhatti Ajmal Rahat Junaid

Fast Bowling attack of Junaid, Rahat, and Bhatti

Ajmal and Hafeez the spinning options

Let's go get 'em!

Poor and unreliable top 3 in this format, we can be under the pump very early on. One of shahzad/hafeez should have played. Azhar ali also should have played. Interesting to see how Bhatti does in this format. Azhar hadthe ability of playing long knocks which really ground the opposition, apart from younus and shafiq, i dont see anyone else playing those, certainly not hAfeez.

Last edited:
They probably went with Bhatti instead of Talha because of the former's batting abilities

Bhatti ahead of Rehman - attacking stuff! Time for our pace trio to knock them over. :wasim

Last edited:
This is such a flat pitch... BOWLING first?

What in the world.

Pleasant surprises given my Misbah :)))

Didn't expect Shehzad to debut in place of Masood and Azhar to be dropped ... Bhatti also debuting is a bold move. Only thing, I'd have preferred Azhar being replaced by Fawad instead of Hafeez but it's a start.

Pakistan team
Khurram Manzoor, Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal†, Bilawal Bhatti, Rahat Ali, Saeed Ajmal, Junaid Khan

Sri Lanka team
FDM Karunaratne, JK Silva, KC Sangakkara, DPMD Jayawardene, LD Chandimal, AD Mathews*, HAPW Jayawardene†, SMSM Senanayake, HMRKB Herath, RMS Eranga, RAS Lakmal

Rehman really seems to be out of favour. First Zulfiqar and now Bhatti being played ahead of him. Poor man.

A pretty pathetic team to be honest. Why is Abdur not playing and how can you play Hafeez at the most crucial spot in a test batting line-up? Was hoping for an innings victory here but on paper atleast, that seems very difficult.

Hafeez over Azhar ??? Bowling first on a flat pitch ??? Bhatti over Talha who was originally picked for the test series ???.

Why do you people think Misbah opted to bowl first on a flat track?
Batting against Herath in the fourth innings is not going to be easy especially with the likes of Manzoor, Hafeez, Shehzad and Akmal.

Well apparently there is something in the pitch for the pacers early on. Moisture, grass, ground history, etc.

Bhatti is barely a T20 bowler yet and he's given tests? I would rather have Gul, that's how bad of a move it is.

Bhatti is a terrible bowler :facepalm:

Rehman would've been better in this situation by miles.

FC average of 22 is hardly terrible but Talha would hve ben the better pace option and the ever reliable Abdur would have been a handful for the Lankans.

Azhar Ali dropped is right move , he was ordinary ....... he does not look to have in him to win games.

Bhatti might be a good choice after all , he adds depth to batting , if he can pick 1 -2 wickets every innings and chips in with 25 - 30 runs , he has done his job

poor Talha ignored yet again because Bilawal outperformed him in nets :facpalm:

The late inclusion Bhatti played ahead of Talha, Gul, and Rehman, who were originally part of the squad. Doesn't make sense. Harsh on Talha, Rehman, and even Gul.

Bhatti might be a good choice after all , he adds depth to batting , if he can pick 1 -2 wickets every innings and chips in with 25 - 30 runs , he has done his job

What if these 1-2 wickets come in 30-35 overs with 70-75 runs :13:

Pakistan need wickets in first session , rahat and ;junaid need to make sure they make lanka play every ball.

Test match cricket for Pakistan again! And I'm in Sydney so I can watch it on telly!

Horrible fielding from the slips

there is competition is fast bowlers in the squad , Rahat needs a decent game here , to make sure he gets into 2 nd Test

This is such a flat pitch... BOWLING first?

What in the world.

Should have batted first. Scoreboard pressure. Michael Clarke and Darren Lehmann used to say the only time you would feel comfortable with a decision to bowl first is if you had the opposition all out at stumps on Day 1.

Why waste talha in a flat pitch like this??
Hafeez and ajmal will give us decent spin option..
Bilwal bats better than Rahman .. And it will Add pace option as well.. Not to forget he averages only 22 in fc with the bowle..

I say it is a great team.. The best we could pick from current team

Should have batted first. Scoreboard pressure. Michael Clarke and Darren Lehmann used to say the only time you would feel comfortable with a decision to bowl first is if you had the opposition all out at stumps on Day 1.

true very defensive this from misbah may be he is protecting his buddy from fresh wicket :hafeez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back