Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | Galle | Day 3 | 24/06/2012 | Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet Drive

T20I Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
Where is the match thread! Come on! Pakistan started off a bit better today. The light for the last few overs was horrible yesterday and we really should have been off. Poor umpiring all test!

Herath bowling very well to Ayub. Ayub has swept him well on one occasion. Its Herath to Ayub.

Younis and Ayub looking settled, these will have to bat at least half the day today if we are going to save this match

Younis is as solid as a rock. Now Ayub will play the first of pace bowling in his test career. Interesting battle on now.

its funny how most of the PakPassion posters say test cricket is the real cricket and yet no one posts, infact match thread was opened after 15 mins of start

its funny how most of the PakPassion posters say test cricket is the real cricket and yet no one posts, infact match thread was opened after 15 mins of start

A lot of UK PP'ers are asleep + I was looking for the match thread for some time.

It will get easier to bat as the longer you stay there. Hopefully YK will stay there for another 30 mins. He will then convert inshallah.

Mate I am here watching every ball. Test cricket zinda baad.

Ayub needs to play with a straight bat. Hasn't middled any deliveries of pace today.

Ayub definitely not so good against pace. Kula doesn't even have pace. He just needs to stick around. In YK he has a great partner. Just bide time!

indeed it is, great battle going on right now

but don;t you think the turn out for test matches has been pretty low compared to odis and t20s on PP?

There are few factors.

Early start for UK and Europe ppers.
Vast majority of posters are young 16/22 and they prefer LOIs.

there was an inside edge wthhh

seriously umpires should definitely be banned for poor show in this test match, this is crime

What kind of umpiring is this.

Lankans are winning just coz of these pathetic umpires

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of UK PP'ers are asleep + I was looking for the match thread for some time.

There are few factors.

Early start for UK and Europe ppers.
Vast majority of posters are young 16/22 and they prefer LOIs.

I think you're missing the biggest factor. Most are disheartened after the first 2 days.

This thread had many posters active in the first 2 days at the start of play.

It'll be a disgrace if these two umpires are allowed to continue for the next match.

You know we're just going to get bundled over. I want Adnan to go out be positive and play some shots. Counter attack them.

I am not the one who normally criticise umpires but this is fecking disgraceful.

If I were a lankan commentator, or the lankan captain, I would not show any arrogance on this performance.

Shameful stuff.

And these umpires should have the courage to own up to this performance, and apologize

The time Ayub taking is irrelavant due to the match situation. He just needs to stay out there and absorb all the pressure.

Comical stuff. Unless you are Ashocka, you really have to try hard to be this incompetent.

Normally i would say stop whinging about the umpires. But in this test my expression at each decision has been:
clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Marcus: "Just out of curiosity Abishek, was the non use of DRS in this series for financial reasons?" Cannot think of any other reason Marcus. India aren't playing

:yk

Pakistan should stop playing this test as a protest against umpires.Seriously Pathetic umpiring.I have lost the count of bad decisions given against us..

Adnan's already overtaken Ayub. Positive play from him.

Ayub looks solid.

Basit: "Why DRS used only when special cameras like hotspot and ball tracker are available, why cant we simply involove 3rd umpire in simple decisions which infield umpires are getting wrong?" Beats me Basit. That cannot be hard at all, and finance cannot be an excuse

Not a bad point you know.

Ian Gould used to be a good umpire. What happened to the guy?

Its ridiculous to have no DRS. ICC need to make DRS compulsory for every test or in no tests at all.

Sensible stuff from Ayub. He looks settled at the wicket. I say a 29* will be his score.

Hardly any swing. Just need to time it to send it to the boundary.

Commies making the point that sub continent umpiring is tough.... I agree but its not an excuse.

We need someone to attack. No point nudging around. Adnan Akmal must look to attack and get the bowlers and fielders under pressure. Make the captain move long on back. Do something different as this is taking us no where!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back