Pakistani bowlers vs Kane Williamson

Haroon786

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan will be playing vs New Zealand in a Test series soon and one of the biggest challenges the Pakistan team will face to win will be Kane Williamson, the excellent young kiwi batsman.

Will the much vaunted Pakistani bowling attack be able to work over KW and prize him out over the 2 Test series or will he remain as obdurate as ever and grind the bowling into the ground ?

I'm more afraid of Ross Taylor coming back to form against us yet again for the millionth time.

Whenever this guy is going through a lean patch doesn't matter if it's ODI, t20 or test, he comes back into form when he sees he is facing Pakistan. Will give trundler king Sohail Khan a real phainty.

I'm more afraid of Ross Taylor coming back to form against us yet again for the millionth time.

Whenever this guy is going through a lean patch doesn't matter if it's ODI, t20 or test, he comes back into form when he sees he is facing Pakistan. Will give trundler king Sohail Khan a real phainty.

I don't rate Sohail Khan either, not sure how he managed to do well in the 2 Tests in England but his real level is what he displayed against a far inferior team at home.

NZ have other batsmen who can score as well . Taylor and Watling are both capable batters.

If its green Pitch it will be difficult.

Recently, Williamson struggled vs Ashwin but you don't get Indian style tracks anywhere barring SL and Bangladesh.

The short ball could cause Williamson issue. Bowlers underutalise it when bowling to him. Need to avoid giving him runs down to 3rd man. Hopefully Misbah and Arthur have a good field placing plan.

Fantastic batsman and fantastic man.

Huge fan of his.

Key batsman for New Zealand. Let's hope Pakistan pick him up early.

LOL..However,Taylor is currently at his weakest I believe.

He had a dismal series in India with nothing going in favour of him.

Wahab could cause him problems with some short stuff.

In NZ, the more threatening length is the fuller one to make use of the initial movement off the wicket you get in the first day of the Tests there.

NZ have other batsmen who can score as well . Taylor and Watling are both capable batters.

Not sure how Taylor has an average in the high 40s, must have scored a lot of soft runs otherwise he's never mentioned or even bracketed as one of the best batsmen in the world. Heck, 1-2 years back, NZ's best Test batsmen were Williamson and BMAC, not Taylor.

LOL..However,Taylor is currently at his weakest I believe.

He had a dismal series in India with nothing going in favour of him.

Pakistan have a habit of making substandard players look par excellence.

Not sure how Taylor has an average in the high 40s, must have scored a lot of soft runs otherwise he's never mentioned or even bracketed as one of the best batsmen in the world. Heck, 1-2 years back, NZ's best Test batsmen were Williamson and BMAC, not Taylor.

Averages a mighty 319 vs Zimbabwe..

I know that but will misbah want to drop Wahab?

For me the weak link is Sohail Khan, it's him who hasn't performed in the WI series and the one most likely to break down despite being a trundler.

For me the weak link is Sohail Khan, it's him who hasn't performed in the WI series and the one most likely to break down despite being a trundler.

Don't want 3 left arm bowlers. Need a right hand one for variety. But sohails fitness is a big worry

It happens..India are no good either.Our batsmen have thrown wickets to Elgar and Moen too.

At home, India almost always wins though.

Pakistan have collapsed to a heap of average players in the UAE - Mark Craig, Adil Rashid, Imran Tahir in the first session of a Test match and now Devendra Bishoo.

He is one of the most elegant and easy to watch batsmen in world cricket

Technically looks very good to me.....very hard to trouble unless u create some square turners

More worried about our batsmen facing the likes of Boult, Southee and Henry on NZ pitches. Azhar is a big lbw candidate but is in form, Shafiq I am worried for, despite prior to those 2 ducks he had pretty solid scores.

Assuming it's a green top ofc.

A lot depends on Misbah and Younis again, former is at the age where you lose form all of a sudden despite England heroics and if it isn't a flat road the latter can't salsa, bhangra and dab dance his way to another hundred.

I feel he will score a lot. Him along with Latham is who we need to worry about, others are passengers.

I feel we'll keep him fairly quite. If I was the worrying type, I'd be worried about Ronchi or Anderson (Is he still around?) assaulting us when our foot is off the gas.

It depends on if our bowlers will turn up. The next two series will be a big test for our pace bowlers. I won't be surprised if Yasir Shah isn't the top Pakistan wicket takers in these series. Mohammad Amir will have a big test as he hasn't played in NZ since 2009 and will have a big test also will be our spearhead. But in this situation he will need support from our other pace bowlers in particular Rahat Ali and Wahab Riaz as NZ have a lot of RHB and with inswing from our pacers with Reverse Swing from Wahab should trouble the kiwis. But with this being said it depends on how the team bowls. If Guptill starts going then it will be trouble as not only Williamson & Guptill, Taylor and Watling have the potential to hurt our bowlers.

He is never consistent , but a dangerous player once he gets going.

A poor mans Pieterson :)

It depends on if our bowlers will turn up. The next two series will be a big test for our pace bowlers. I won't be surprised if Yasir Shah isn't the top Pakistan wicket takers in these series. Mohammad Amir will have a big test as he hasn't played in NZ since 2009 and will have a big test also will be our spearhead. But in this situation he will need support from our other pace bowlers in particular Rahat Ali and Wahab Riaz as NZ have a lot of RHB and with inswing from our pacers with Reverse Swing from Wahab should trouble the kiwis. But with this being said it depends on how the team bowls. If Guptill starts going then it will be trouble as not only Williamson & Guptill, Taylor and Watling have the potential to hurt our bowlers.

I have a feeling it will be a big series for Rahat. He has the potential to trouble batsmen on those pitches.

This also scares me - he has a knack for coming back into form against us and scoring loads of runs (N):irfan

Back