Pakistan's performance in the super-over against USA in the ICC T20 World Cup

He sent his best ball strikers in. At least he knows his limitations or maybe Kirsten does. This was a no-win situation for him. He wouldn’t be able to hit boundaries when needed to save his life.
Shadab is one of his best strikers??

Shadab is one of his best strikers??
It’s you who thinks Babar and Rizwan are the best batsmen in Pakistan. Where were they hiding when Pakistan needed them to step up?

It’s you who thinks Babar and Rizwan are the best batsmen in Pakistan. Where were they hiding when Pakistan needed them to step up?

We're was your man Amir when they needed him to step up ?

I can't believe people are bashing Amir for this loss. It was the best decision to bowl him, and you take what comes with your best decisions. It's only because of Amir that Pak even came close to victory, before Rauf blew it in the last over. Amir's last 3 overs were absolutely brilliant and his last 2 were crucial to bringing Pakistan back into the game. Great cutters and yorkers.

Yes, the super over was horrible. He didn't execute his plans well. But there are bigger problems to address. Azam Khan and Shadab should not even be near the side. The fielding needs to improve. The PP needs to be utilized better. All these things need to be worked on. Hats off to Amir today. Even his pace was up. That was the quickest I've seen him bowl in many years
He 100% deserves to be bashed for the loss.
The guy flopped and choked against some amateurs to the extent he forgot how to land the ball in the right areas. His pace being up is no consolation for chucking everything outside off.

The guy flopped and choked against some amateurs to the extent he forgot how to land the ball in the right areas. His pace being up is no consolation for chucking everything outside off.

I don't think you can solely blame Amir I can proberly think of 5/6 players who are equally to be blamed.

We're was your man Amir when they needed him to step up ?
My man? He was one of the reasons why you actually made it to a super over in the first place. pakistan should have lost that game before it.

My man? He was one of the reasons why you actually made it to a super over in the first place. pakistan should have lost that game before it.
I would have preferred to loose in the actual match than in the super over.

I don't think you can solely blame Amir I can proberly think of 5/6 players who are equally to be blamed.
There are other culprits too, infact all of the team except Shadab Khan and Naseem Shah were very poor.

However, we need to look at the super over in isolation as a stand alone event. At this point the events of the match don't matter. It's a fresh start and he failed to deliver. Amir really lost the plot here and led us to a historic defeat.

There are other culprits too, infact all of the team except Shadab Khan and Naseem Shah were very poor.

However, we need to look at the super over in isolation as a stand alone event. At this point the events of the match don't matter. It's a fresh start and he failed to deliver. Amir really lost the plot here and led us to a historic defeat.
Shadab still bowled crap but he batted well.
Thier was also midfield and extra runs given in the super over.Also Shaheen dropped a catch in the last over of the main game.

If you watched this year's PSL Shaheen was promoting himself to no 4 in the batting order when he was captain. The whole team is a toxic mix of delusion and stupidity, these are exactly the sort of decisions they produce on a regular basis.

That's fine but Azam khan should have come in at 3 even if he has been poor his role is that of power hitting (apprently)

You said it yourself. They're amateurs, and they were allowed to keep us to 159 and even tie the score chasing. You look at the regulation game before anything. The super over doesn't happen without the regulation game. And the fact of the matter is, Amir was brilliant, and we wouldn't even be talking about the super over bc had it not been for Amir, USA wouldn't have required all 20 overs to chase down the score.

Yes Amir led us to it. Not your openers who failed, lower order that failed, fielders who misfielded on a regular basis, Shadab who bowled trash, Ifti who bowled trash, Rauf that couldn't defend 14 against "amateurs", Shaheen who could not buy a wicket, among others

You said it yourself. They're amateurs, and they were allowed to keep us to 159 and even tie the score chasing. You look at the regulation game before anything. The super over doesn't happen without the regulation game. And the fact of the matter is, Amir was brilliant, and we wouldn't even be talking about the super over bc had it not been for Amir, USA wouldn't have required all 20 overs to chase down the score.
If your silver lining is that Amir's bowling took us to the super over, then thats fine.

but we can't just disregard the super over. The super-over is part of the match. It's arguably the most important part of the match and he well and trully bottled it.

Yes Amir led us to it. Not your openers who failed, lower order that failed, fielders who misfielded on a regular basis, Shadab who bowled trash, Ifti who bowled trash, Rauf that couldn't defend 14 against "amateurs", Shaheen who could not buy a wicket, among others
You seem to think that criticism of Amir automatically absolves others of their blame. Nobody is suggesting that

I put Amir, Haris Rauf and Babar as equally culpable. The only players who did somewhat ok are Naseem and Shadab with the bat.

If your silver lining is that Amir's bowling took us to the super over, then thats fine.

but we can't just disregard the super over. The super-over is part of the match. It's arguably the most important part of the match and he well and trully bottled it.
No that's not my only silver lining. Amir pretty much brought us over the line. It was Rauf's last over and Babar's captaincy that didn't put a fielder in long on when 5 runs were required that took us to the super over.

And then, yes, he bottled it. He bottled the super over. But my point is there are bigger problems to address, due to Amir's brilliant bowling before the super over that made the game even close to begin with. Due to poor batting and bowling, USA was set to chase this total down in 17 ish overs. Amir can beat himself up for his poor super over, but everyone else needs to be pointed fingers at overall. Why did we have a super over against USA?

You seem to think that criticism of Amir automatically absolves others of their blame. Nobody is suggesting that

I put Amir, Haris Rauf and Babar as equally culpable. The only players who did somewhat ok are Naseem and Shadab with the bat.
I simply disagree with them being equally culpable in the bigger picture. But agree to disagree, if that's your opinion

That's fine but Azam khan should have come in at 3 even if he has been poor his role is that of power hitting (apprently)

That all looks fine in theory, but who the hell would put Azam Khan in a crucial over after the disastrous performances he's produced today and in recent games? In the old days he'd have been scared to return home and face the wrath of the public, these days no one cares enough about cricket or much else in Pakistan.

This superover brutally exposed the team and its mindset.

If Babar and Rizwan are openers, why didn't they come out to bat?
Unlike this popular opinion, I don't think they NEED to come out to bat just bc they're the openers. We know and they know that there are better hitters in the team. They don't go open the batting because they think they're the greatest hitters on the team. Same with most teams like SA, India, etc., we know batters like De Kock, Reeza, Kohli, aren't going to go out to bat the super over.

It made sense to send Fakhar out to bat the super over, but it was a complete blunder not to put him on strike. And I think Usman Khan should have been the man on the other side

After conceding so many runs in the super over, Babar Azam should have faced the music and come out to bat. Even if 19 to win was a tall order, go down fighting and leading your team. A very cowardly move imho for him to sit this one out.

In such a scenario, it’s likely you’ll need a couple of sixes . The biggest , strongest hitters have to be sent out inc your form batter to face . Pakistan don’t have many , the team is not built on modern t-20 levels or understanding. It’s a boys club to enjoy the lifestyle, It’s not a professional sporting outfit but a political organisation where control is more important than competing .

One could write a book on this match today , everything was done worse than schoolboy level , almost as if they wanted to lose . No implication, it was just that poor

Basically Amir brought us back in the match and then he lost it in the Super over. No one else really to blame except maybe having Fakhar face the first ball but 19 was a very tall ask anyway, so don't think that would have made much of a difference with him hitting to the longer boundary on the leg side.

He threw the match away giving 3 wides in a super over . Bottled it to be kind

He is not, because he is not a finisher plain and simple nor a striker and both Muhammad haris and tayyab can strike better then he can if they play at no 6 or 7.

Chacha is a middle order batter pretending to be a finisher because he's a very very poor mo batter and he can hide behind the excuse that you're hiding behind which is we don't have anyone else, he's best suited.

Even imad wasim is better them chacha at 6, imad sucks at hitting a 6 but he has no issue going at 200 sr at no 6
Chacha is a middle aged man pretending to be a batsman. He has no agility, skills or mental toughness to succeed at this level. He needs booted forever.

This has to be the worst defeat for Pakistan ever. We were on the back foot throughout the game and US kept dominating the game. The body language was sooo bad. It’s like some players didn’t even want to be on field. The evidence is in the fact that no one wanted to bat in super over and it took ages to bring our players to actually come out and bat. I’ve seen bad days of Pakistan team but this surely is one of the most darkest days in our cricket history. I don’t think this team is capable of competing with India at this point. So they might as well book an early flight.

He threw the match away giving 3 wides in a super over . Bottled it to be kind

Obviously.

As I said, blaming Amir and then perhaps Imad in next match will take the heat off Babar and his supporters.

The coward should at least have had the courage to man up and face the Super Over once it was established Pakistan were chasing 18 to get close to a tie.

What is the WORLD CLASS BATSMEN that REGULARLY OPENS FOR PAKISTAN DOING HIDING BEHIND MIDDLE ORDER BATSMEN?

But hey, let's bash Amir and walk away with a smirk.

That all looks fine in theory, but who the hell would put Azam Khan in a crucial over after the disastrous performances he's produced today and in recent games? In the old days he'd have been scared to return home and face the wrath of the public, these days no one cares enough about cricket or much else in Pakistan.
By that logic Iftikhar shouldn't have come in the super over as he hasn't been that great.To be honest I don't care if he's scared to return home he's in the xi as a hitter.

Obviously.

As I said, blaming Amir and then perhaps Imad in next match will take the heat off Babar and his supporters.

The coward should at least have had the courage to man up and face the Super Over once it was established Pakistan were chasing 18 to get close to a tie.

What is the WORLD CLASS BATSMEN that REGULARLY OPENS FOR PAKISTAN DOING HIDING BEHIND MIDDLE ORDER BATSMEN?

But hey, let's bash Amir and walk away with a smirk.
You are not thinking rationally. Most T20I openers in the world will not be the two batsmen to walk out for their team in the Super Over.

Just because you open in T20Is doesn’t mean that you are also necessarily the most aggressive of destructive batsman in the team.

For example, India opened with Rohit and Kohli in this World Cup but if they have a Super Over, they will send Pant or Pandya or SKY ahead of Kohli.

So if that happens, will you shout at Kohli in Caps Lock, claiming that why the world class batsman is hiding behind middle-order batsmen?

In fact, England is probably the only team in this tournament whose two openers will also be the two players to bat in a Super Over.

I reflected a little on this in the thread I made about Pakistan needing visionaries in their cricketing system.

The fact of the matter remains that the bowling plan from Mohammad Amir was not sufficient for the conditions.

His original plan with the first delivery was to bowl into the pitch cutters. One delivery later that plan had changed to middle-leg stump yorkers.

What I do not understand is the lack of knowledge. The USA left-arm bowler, who also bowled the super over, demonstrated clearly what critical thinking is about.

The margin of error for a wide yorker with a strong off-side field is less than the margin of error of a middle-leg stump yorker.

In a Super Over, you are not going for wickets. You are defending. That is the nature. The increased likelihood of getting LBW/bowled is not worth the risk of bowling a full toss or wide down the leg side.

In Amir's case, the ball was angling into the pads of the left-handers. He bowled a brilliant super over for KK in the PSL at one stage, against a left-handed batter, and they were searing wide yorkers.

The wide yorker is the best defensive delivery given that the field is set appropriately for it. A yorker on the stumps, if it goes wrong, is an easy swing for the batsmen to hit all the way from down the ground to even slogging it to mid-wicket as well.

Shaheen, Amir, and Haris all failed to understand either when to bowl the wide yorkers, and secondly, what field to set for them.

You are not thinking rationally. Most T20I openers in the world will not be the two batsmen to walk out for their team in the Super Over.

Just because you open in T20Is doesn’t mean that you are also necessarily the most aggressive of destructive batsman in the team.

For example, India opened with Rohit and Kohli in this World Cup but if they have a Super Over, they will send Pant or Pandya or SKY ahead of Kohli.

So if that happens, will you shout at Kohli in Caps Lock, claiming that why the world class batsman is hiding behind middle-order batsmen?

In fact, England is probably the only team in this tournament whose two openers will also be the two players to bat in a Super Over.

Kohli and Rohit are not openers pretending to be anchors.

Infact, if Kohli and Rohit came out to chase 18 against USA, they would deliver 10 times out of 10.

The funny thing is that a better would have finished this game with at least 3 overs to spare. Good teams would just paddle sweep all the fuller deliveries like Wade did in 2021 semis.

In such a scenario, it’s likely you’ll need a couple of sixes . The biggest , strongest hitters have to be sent out inc your form batter to face . Pakistan don’t have many , the team is not built on modern t-20 levels or understanding. It’s a boys club to enjoy the lifestyle, It’s not a professional sporting outfit but a political organisation where control is more important than competing .

One could write a book on this match today , everything was done worse than schoolboy level , almost as if they wanted to lose . No implication, it was just that poor

Very well said!

Not to mention sending Ifti out. Fakhar should have gone on strike with Usman Khan at the other end
Ifthikhar is pathetic! Goes towards off to play wide ball and looks at the umpire for wide call! He has no knowledge in cricket

Kohli and Rohit are not openers pretending to be anchors.

Infact, if Kohli and Rohit came out to chase 18 against USA, they would deliver 10 times out of 10.
You are not answering my question.

Should Kohli open or not open in this World Cup, knowing that if there is a Super Over, he will not be coming out to bat?

If you are criticizing Babar and Rizwan for not batting in the Super Over, are you implying that you shouldn’t be opening in this format if you are not gonna bat in the Super Over?

Does that mean that apart from perhaps England, every single team has got the wrong opening pair? Are you comfortable making this statement?

If you disagree with this premise, please list the openers in this World Cup who will also be batting in the Super Over.

looooool such a horrible team
choking over with so many wides
then iftikhar opening
then shadab coming in

i dont think we have played enough super overs maybe thats why dumb decisions were made
NO, BAD idea to give Amir the Super over!

Because officially Amir is 32 years old and he was given the 19th over so in his mind he knew that it was his last over so physically he gave it all and he had no reason to keep anything in the Tank.

Should Kohli open or not open in this World Cup, knowing that if there is a Super Over, he will not be coming out to bat?

If you are criticizing Babar and Rizwan for not batting in the Super Over, are you implying that you shouldn’t be opening in this format if you are not gonna bat in the Super Over?

Does that mean that apart from perhaps England, every single team has got the wrong opening pair? Are you comfortable making this statement?

If you disagree with this premise, please list the openers in this World Cup who will also be batting in the Super Over.

If your point is that Rizwan and Babar shouldn't be asked to bat in Super Over, because Kohli and Rohit aren't asked to bat in Super Over despite opening than you are either deliberately ignoring the problem or you are genuinely are clueless about cricket.

Funny comment amir Is the one who got pakistan back in the game otherwise pakistan lost it way back

Had harris not given a boundary or shaheen dropped a sitter in the last over we wouldn't have been playing the super over

Ye but but but rizwan and babar are the best players in the team never know we could have won the super over with the best players in the pakistan team

PAKISTAN THICK TANK:
  1. Mohammad Amir is "officially" and when he bowled the 19th over, he had no reason to keep anything in the tank and physically he gave it all. He was physically exhausted and mentally shattered in the Super Over
  2. Saurabh Naresh Netravalkar is a left-arm bowler who is getting some swing so Pakistan send in left handed Fakhar who spent the entire time on the other end
  3. Azam Khan cant bowl, can't keep so he is in the team "supposedly" for his hitting ability and he doesn't come out in the Super over and that tells volumes about Management confidence in Azam Khan
This is not down to Babar Azam, its down to the entire "Thick" Tank!

Funny comment amir Is the one who got pakistan back in the game otherwise pakistan lost it way back

Had harris not given a boundary or shaheen dropped a sitter in the last over we wouldn't have been playing the super over

Don't worry brother.

Babar being 7 off 27 isn't a problem.

Amir missing his lines in Super Over is.

If your point is that Rizwan and Babar shouldn't be asked to bat in Super Over, because Kohli and Rohit aren't asked to bat in Super Over despite opening than you are either deliberately ignoring the problem or you are genuinely are clueless about cricket.
I am exposing your agenda here.

You were criticizing Babar and Rizwan for opening when they are not going to bat in the Super Over but you are not comfortable extending this logic to the other openers in this World Cup who will also not bat in the Super Over, for example, Kohli.

You are clearly afraid of criticizing Kohli for opening in this World Cup when India has more dynamic and aggressive players batting below him. What are yiu afraid of him?

Clearly, you don’t have a problem with openers not batting in the Super Over. You were just using this example as a facade to drive your agenda against Babar and Rizwan and you are now subjecting to terms & conditions after getting called out for it.

PAKISTAN THICK TANK:
  1. Mohammad Amir is "officially" and when he bowled the 19th over, he had no reason to keep anything in the tank and physically he gave it all. He was physically exhausted and mentally shattered in the Super Over
  2. Saurabh Naresh Netravalkar is a left-arm bowler who is getting some swing so Pakistan send in left handed Fakhar who spent the entire time on the other end
  3. Azam Khan cant bowl, can't keep so he is in the team "supposedly" for his hitting ability and he doesn't come out in the Super over and that tells volumes about Management confidence in Azam Khan
This is not down to Babar Azam, its down to the entire "Thick" Tank!
This is down to Babar he was the captain of the team on the ground and it was his shout

This is down to Babar he was the captain of the team on the ground and it was his shout
Lets say that Babar has no strategic planning or brains OR his mind was occupied, what was the Coach & others doing? Not defending Babar he is clearly out of his depth as a Captain but where is the input of the rest???

Agreed but the other guy's point is still valid - the decision to bowl Amir in the super over was sound and he was probably the best option. Was his execution poor and is he to be blamed for that? Absolutely.

Amir must share the blame. He is the most experienced and accomplished Pakistani bowler in ICC tournaments and he gets flummoxed by a left hander in the Super over resulting in 3 wides and of course 3 extra balls?

18 runs and only 11 coming off the bat.

6th June 2024 will be a day of infamy in Pakistan cricket.

I am exposing your agenda here.

You were criticizing Babar and Rizwan for opening when they are not going to bat in the Super Over but you are not comfortable extending this logic to the other openers in this World Cup who will also not bat in the Super Over, for example, Kohli.

You are clearly afraid of criticizing Kohli for opening in this World Cup when India has more dynamic and aggressive players batting below him. What are yiu afraid of him?

Clearly, you don’t have a problem with openers not batting in the Super Over. You were just using this example as a facade to drive your agenda against Babar and Rizwan and you are now subjecting to terms & conditions after getting called out for it.

The only agenda I have is to expose Babar and Rizwan as opening frauds.

Clearly, you are trying your best to hide Babar and Rizwan still as openers despite knowing that they are terrible openers and have no right to open.

I am not comfortable with extending that same courtesy to Kohli and Rohit, as Indian team dynamics are quite different, their aggressive batsmen are quite different and clearly their anchors are probably superior to Pakistani batsmen.

Amir must share the blame. He is the most experienced and accomplished Pakistani bowler in ICC tournaments and he gets flummoxed by a left hander in the Super over resulting in 3 wides and of course 3 extra balls?

18 runs and only 11 coming off the bat.

6th June 2024 will be a day of infamy in Pakistan cricket.

All because of Amir.

And we are to assume that had Amir not played the game, his replacement would have taken 5-15 in 4 overs and ran through the USA team.

Lets say that Babar has no strategic planning or brains OR his mind was occupied, what was the Coach & others doing? Not defending Babar he is clearly out of his depth as a Captain but where is the input of the rest???
this is what we been saying babar isn't capable of captaincy lets change him for someone who knows what he's doing and doesn't have to keep running to the coach and others

Yes because of Amir.

You can assume all you want, other prefer to deal with reality.

Lol.

I actually want Amir and Imad to sit out next game and see what dross you fans come up with next.

Maybe the color of lipstick wasn't correct so Pakistan lost?

Its so easier to point fingers at someone you don't like rather than face the reality that the leader of the team is a coward who has no right to lead the team and play as an opener.

Lol.

I actually want Amir and Imad to sit out next game and see what dross you fans come up with next.

Maybe the color of lipstick wasn't correct so Pakistan lost?

Its so easier to point fingers at someone you don't like rather than face the reality that the leader of the team is a coward who has no right to lead the team and play as an opener.
Babar has every right. He is the captain, and there are no alternatives.

Deal with it.

Everyone needs to relax. It's a game and we lost.
99% sure if Shaheen had bowled and give. 15+ everyone would have said why not Amir.
If Nasim and gave 15 then again why not Amir.
Same if Haris

It was right choice to choose Amir. Most experienced and had just bowled a good death over.

Bowlers are not robots. Things happen. He has some blame for too many extras, but can't blame him fully for loss because without his 4 overs for 25 there would be no super over.

For batting, they probably predetermined that it will be Fakhar Ifti and Shadab as the 3 guys who scored some runs in this game and are strikers. However, once target was 18+ they should have realized at this point its a sixes only game. You need 3 sixes. I would have sent Azam and Fakhar, with Ifti one down.

Yes because of Amir.

You can assume all you want, others prefer to deal with reality.
all because of amir

nice 100 run partnership by babar and rizwan at the opening slot
nice 50 run partnership by shadab and iftikhar
wow what a 5 wicket haul for shaheen and a nice hat trick by naseem shah

oh damn amir spoilt the party and we lost :(

all because of amir

nice 100 run partnership by babar and rizwan at the opening slot
nice 50 run partnership by shadab and iftikhar
wow what a 5 wicket haul for shaheen and a nice hat trick by naseem shah

oh damn amir spoilt the party and we lost :(

Not sure what you are bleating on about but yes, because of Amir, he bottled it in the super over.

Reminder : 18 runs, 11 off the bat.

Please get out of here with this nonsense. We're not an amateur side anymore. Every single one of those cricketers is paid to be a full-time cricketer, if they want to have a second job on the side that's up to them but their salaries are more than sufficient to support being a full-time player.

Steven Taylor has been in the US side for 12 years and regularly plays franchise cricket. I was watching him 8 years open in the CPL with Shoaib malik and Ahmed Shehzad as his batting partners. Netravalkar has been playing for the United States since 2018 and as you can see has been making great strides as a cricket. Ali Khan? Never sniffed the national setup in Pakistan and yet he was bowling for the USA today. Nitish Kumar literally switched countries from Canada because he wasn't getting to play enough there. Aaron Jones? Been in the US national setup since 20198.

If anything I suspect a lot of them are going to start getting more franchise cricket contracts. Pakistan's choke job today awakened a monster and the rest of the world will need to watch out for the next several years.

Why do you need a Super Over against an associate side?

Oh yes.

Because your opening world class batsmen scored 7 off 27 balls with 40 runs in 8 overs while opening in T20 cricket.

If there was/is anything more shameful, let me know.

41@130 is a pretty good example, one which your picks don't even come close to.

No alternatives. No argument. No point.

He can take that average to his grave for all I care.

Numbers that have not helped Pakistan win anything for the last 7 years.

Do you have the guts to say the same about Misbah on 2007 final?

To be fair. Babar and Rizwan most probably would have done a better job than Chacha/Shadab.

I've seen a fair bit of talk about Kolhi/Rohit in this thread. No doubt they would have achieved 18 runs against USA...and not just because they are excellent players but because (speaking as someone who knows NOTHING about Indian Cricket) I would imagine India place a fair bit of emphasis within their camp on mental conditioning I.e. how to deal with pressure situations. Unfortunately I think this isn't something that sits easily within our culture. we seem to place more emphasis on faith guiding us through rather than actually working hard at getting better.

Don't get me wrong at all here... there is NOTHING wrong with faith/religion etc. But if God has given you a bit of talent and fate has led you to represent our NATION then the least you can do is work hard on yourself and your game to actually achieve and give a good account of yourself.

I am angry at todays game. And I don't think I've ever felt this way. Not solely because of losing but because of the stupidity in the way we lost. Brainless captaincy, brainless team/squad selection, Brainless game. The whole thing.

One good thing from today's have is that I've raised how much I enjoy watching the USA play cricket! They seem like a really nice bunch of guys who want to do well and you can see just what this means to them - kudos to that.

Well today his average helped otherwise Pakistan were all out below 130

Now look who is talking about reality and fiction.

There is no evidence that if he had got out on 7, the team would have been 130 all out.

Now look who is talking about reality and fiction.

There is no evidence that if he had got out on 7, the team would have been 130 all out.
And there is no evidence to the contrary.

See this is what happens when you assume.

You claim to have been following Pakistan cricket for decades but you never learned the first lesson of being a Pakistan fan - Don't believe the hype.

You were convinced Babar was the next Sachin Tendulkar but he let you down and now you just spend most of the time fuming and venting a hate based agenda. The other 10 players are here for a joy ride.

Your alternatives to Babar and his batting position have all flopped. Come back when you have found more.

Not sure what you are bleating on about but yes, because of Amir, he bottled it in the super over.

Reminder : 18 runs, 11 off the bat.
we got in the super over because of harris last ball 4 and a dropped catch by shaheen

had that not happened there was no need to go in the super over

amir actually got pakistan back in the game with his tight bowling and wicket when pakistan lost it way earlier in the innings

India would base their decisions on strike rate and averages but chacha has an even lower sr in t20 then babar despite batting at no 7 where batting strike rates are usually very high

Babar and fakhar should have walked out plain and simple or at the very least babar at no 3.

The game should have have never went into super over in the first place that over he bowler prior to haris bowling the last was exceptional and he had set up Pakistan to win.

Haris messed up with full toss, shaheen missed a catch and having a fielder up was dumb on Babars part.

Also I am sure all or most teams practice match scenerios including super overs
I am 10000 percent sure Pakistan doesnt do this and it was evident Amir Messed up with the bowling followed by Iftimania with the batting.

Read this great line in an article a few minutes ago. Sums it all up beautifully:

"From getting themselves into a scarcely deserved winning position, Pakistan had leaked 29 off 9 balls. The damage done over three hours of improvidence could not be undone by nine minutes of timorous repentance. Pakistan had invited the wolves to the door, and the debt was about to be settled."

India would base their decisions on strike rate and averages but chacha has an even lower sr in t20 then babar despite batting at no 7 where batting strike rates are usually very high

Babar and fakhar should have walked out plain and simple or at the very least babar at no 3.
I don't think Babar should bat as an opener to start with. I know this thread is about super over, but Babar was too slow against USA. Almost half innings was done and he was still in single digits despite coming as an opener. I think he should care less about average and hit some shots. 25(16) will be far more helpful for team than 40(40) kind of knocks. First 6 overs are also the easiest time to bat and if you can't hit then no point in coming as an opener.

Even today,

Babar 44(43)
Rest 115(77)

15 extra runs by Babar would have taken the score to 175.

In t20, 40(40) kind of knocks are horrible and only good for boosting averages. Others have to do miracle to take score near 200 if opener consumes so many balls and scores so little.

Given his limitations, I think Babar intentioanlly did not come to bat in super overs.

I can't believe people are bashing Amir for this loss. It was the best decision to bowl him, and you take what comes with your best decisions. It's only because of Amir that Pak even came close to victory, before Rauf blew it in the last over. Amir's last 3 overs were absolutely brilliant and his last 2 were crucial to bringing Pakistan back into the game. Great cutters and yorkers.

Yes, the super over was horrible. He didn't execute his plans well. But there are bigger problems to address. Azam Khan and Shadab should not even be near the side. The fielding needs to improve. The PP needs to be utilized better. All these things need to be worked on. Hats off to Amir today. Even his pace was up. That was the quickest I've seen him bowl in many years
Amir failed at the crunch moment. Those wides were inexcusable.

You guys have started on the normal trajectory. Right on track for “if Namibia beats Nepal by 53 runs and South Africa loses to Netherlands by 31 runs, and Uganda chases PNG score in 13.4 overs, and Pakistan beats Australia then Pakistan will reach semi finals

Babar not coming out to bat himself in the super over shows the complete abcense of leadership. Completely pathetic. Even if he lost the super over with him at the crease, at least it shows he's the leader of the batting lineup and he tried. By sitting on the bench and sending Iftikhar, Fakhar, and Shadab out there, just shows how pathetic of a leader he is. This act alone should be the end of his T20 captaincy.

I can't prove it but it seems there are some vested interests in the team which basically want certain players to fail so that Babar gets even more supreme power.

Naseem could easily have bowled the last over, but the danger was that if he got hit for runs, then he would be castigated. So Amir was made the easy scapegoat and he duly obliged by bowling a terrible dross over.

Babar and Rizwan could have come and tried to hit a couple of 6s as they are the best batsmen in the team as per multiple fans support and recommendations, but had they failed, it would have been quite a glaring failure. So they decided to send Fakhar and Iftikhar, two batsmen who if they failed could be thrown out and probably take the blame.

Shadab came too late to do anything and I didn't expect him to hit 15 off 3 balls.

If Amir, Imad, Fakhar and Iftikhar get kicked out it becomes Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen and Shadab team and I think Babar wants to move forward with such a team.

Why on earth are Babar and Rizwan going to bat the Super Over? You need Power Hitters ie Fakhar snd Ifti were the right choice.

Idealy Azam Khan. The fact Azam Khan didn't go in just shows how pointless it is having him in the Team.

The game was over agter Rauf bowled them tosses and Amir's wides jn the Super Over.

How many points do we get for 'back in the game'?

Is this really the standard?

Yes because of Amir.

You can assume all you want, others prefer to deal with reality.
100% true. Some of the excuses coming up here are laughable. Clear agenda based posting.

Most of the team is to blame for the match. However without a doubt Amirs bowling in the super over was one of the biggest bottle jobs in cricket.

You can't blame captaincy, team composition, etc on that over. You can't blame Babar for that over.

The lengths people will go to to try and justify an over full of pies, half trackers and wides is laughable.

Back