Pakistan's tour of Ireland and England (2024) Broadcast thread

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
TNT Sports will broadcast the three-match T20I series between Ireland Men and Pakistan Men, it was announced today.

The broadcaster will ensure coverage of the series in the Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom.

Production of the broadcast will be provided by HBV Studios, with a commentary team line-up headed by renowned commentator, Alan Wilkins.

FIXTURE SCHEDULE

Pakistan T20I Series

10 May 2024: Ireland v Pakistan (1st T20I; Clontarf; start 3pm)

12 May 2024: Ireland v Pakistan (2nd T20I; Clontarf; start 3pm)

14 May 2024: Ireland v Pakistan (3rd T20I; Clontarf; start 3pm)

Andrew May, Chief Financial Officer for Cricket Ireland, said:

“We are delighted that TNT Sports are deepening their relationship with Irish cricket through this coverage. With all three matches sold out, and both teams building up to the T20 World Cup next month, there is intense interest in the series and through this broadcast platform we can provide access across Ireland and in the UK for fans to watch along.

“We’re delighted, too, that HBV Studios will be our production partner, bringing an eight-camera production for fans to enjoy.”

OTHER GLOBAL BROADCAST RIGHTSHOLDERS

Tapmad - Pakistan

Ten Sports - Pakistan

Fancode – Indian Sub-continent

Etisalat – MENA

Nagorik TV – Bangladesh

Toffee - Bangladesh

COMMENTARY TEAM

Alan Wilkins

Alan is a Welsh cricket commentator and former English county cricketer, who played for Glamorgan and Gloucestershire County Cricket Clubs. He moved into radio and television broadcasting in 1984 covering cricket and rugby.

Isobel Joyce

Isobel is a former Ireland Women's captain and renowned all-rounder. She is Ireland Women's highest wicket-taker of all time and fifth-highest run-scorer. Since retiring in 2018, Isobel has coached and developed a commentary career.

Faisal Shah

A former First-class cricketer and a Level II qualified coach, Shah represented Rawalpindi in First-class and List A cricket. He Spent 10 years playing and coaching cricket in Essex for Loughton Cricket Club, and took up broadcasting in 2014.

Andrew Leonard

Andrew is an international cricket commentator from Dublin who has commentated on more than 800 internationals across more than 30 countries, with a particular focus on Associate Cricket. He commentated on his first Test Match in 2023 and was also part of the the Broadcast team for the ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup in 2024.

Alan Lewis

Alan is a former Irish international captain and former elite rugby referee. He played 121 times for Ireland - 35 as captain - and was inducted into the Irish cricket Hall of Fame in 2020. Alan has become an accomplished broadcaster and is the father of two Irish internationals - Gaby and Robyn.

Yeah because Pakistan is in a good position.
The match is boring because of broadcast. This broadcast is terrible.

And Pakistan being in a good position has no effect in the enjoyment of the game. Ireland is a minnow, Pakistan should be dominating, yet naseem shah deapite his wicket is still being a run machine and bowling carcass.

I just stopped watching this game as it started to give me a headache. For the last couple of hours, it is playing in slow motion and the picture quality is unacceptable.

Its like watching a local cricket match with 2/3 camera. Terrible for international cricket.

Only discuss LEGAL and paid streams.

The broadcast was the worst of the worst. Even YouTubers can do better camera work than these guys. It looked like some rookie was given the job to handle everything and he botched it big time.

Ireland and the series broadcasters might be raking in millions of dollars hosting the 2nd largest and powerful cricket crazy economy in the world.

They should be doing better than this. :inti

Cant believe two test playing nations are being provided such poor broadcast. How is this acceptable? Pakistan brings a lot of viewership but still such low standards.

Ramiz Raja while speaking on his You Tube Channel, criticized the coverage of Ireland and Pakistan T20I series:

"One thing I want to point out is the coverage, which has been quite poor. These matches are appearing as some club matches. There are only a couple of cameras, no DRS, no replays, lack of clarity in boundaries, there is no real enjoyment in watching shot or a good ball. This is hurting our brand."

“This is extremely unfair to the Pakistan cricket product. A lot of people love Pakistan cricket. It has an aura around the world. And to present it like this is unfair to Pakistan cricket.”

“Someone should have figured it out earlier. If the coverage was going to be like this, whichever broadcasting company it was, should have taken the rights from Cricket Ireland. I know they have the rights, but it should have been taken away and the coverage should have been made much better for this series because this marks the beginning of our road to the World Cup."

“I can tell you this with certainty if India knew this situation, they would never have allowed such coverage. Because your honour is in your hands. So Pakistan’s honour should also be in their hands. Through coverage like this, our cricket looks flat. And it is unfair.”

“We are not an African country that the coverage for our games can be this poor. This series is not telecast in England. It’s not available on Sky. Primarily because it is being covered like this. This is unfair to Pakistan.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramiz Raja while speaking on his You Tube Channel, criticized the coverage of Ireland and Pakistan T20I series:

"One thing I want to point out is the coverage, which has been quite poor. These matches are appearing as some club matches. There are only a couple of cameras, no DRS, no replays, lack of clarity in boundaries, there is no real enjoyment in watching shot or a good ball. This is hurting our brand."
Ramiz has presided over shocking test tours where phattas were dished out to opposition teams and bowlers made to bowl in the heat with no reward. This took place in ramshackle stadiums that were often semi empty and people sat on plastic sheets.

Those events were far more damaging to Pakistan's so-called brand than an away series against a small cricketing economy.

Perhaps we should focus on our own infrastructure before kicking the little guy, especially when that little guy smashed us in the first game ( another event that is probably more damaging to our brand).

Ramiz has presided over shocking test tours where phattas were dished out to opposition teams and bowlers made to bowl in the heat with no reward. This took place in ramshackle stadiums that were often semi empty and people sat on plastic sheets.

Those events were far more damaging to Pakistan's so-called brand than an away series against a small cricketing economy.

Perhaps we should focus on our own infrastructure before kicking the little guy, especially when that little guy smashed us in the first game ( another event that is probably more damaging to our brand).
That's no excuse for this atrocious broadcasting. Even Ramadan tournaments in Sargodha have better coverage in today's era.

That's no excuse for this atrocious broadcasting. Even Ramadan tournaments in Sargodha have better coverage in today's era.
Critics the broadcast if you want.

But don't claim it hurts our brand. That's not fair on the Irish.

Critics the broadcast if you want.

But don't claim it hurts our brand. That's not fair on the Irish.

On the broadcast, it is club level, but I don’t mind it as long as they can improve the sound for me, I can’t really make out a batter middling something or hearing the sweet sound of timber being rattled, but it’s Ireland, not the end of the world, they make very little compared to the PCB who have not done enough over the years to improve infrastructure, which declined especially under Ramiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ironic that people are criticizing the broadcast quality. Surely, it has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of minuscule money that Cricket Ireland gets from the ICC. And surely them postponing an international white-ball home series against Australia has nothing to do with that either.

I focused on the brand part of his rant and I never even spotted his comment " we are not an African country"

Just what the hell did he mean by this?

Also it shows how out of touch he is when he says this series was not broadcast in England. I wonder what Rambo things we have been watching the past few days?

Ramiz will end up being unemployable overseas if he doesn't learn to trade off ranting for youtube likes with still maintaining an air of decency.

It's ironic that people are criticizing the broadcast quality. Surely, it has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of minuscule money that Cricket Ireland gets from the ICC. And surely them postponing an international white-ball home series against Australia has nothing to do with that either.
What i find even more ironic is how TNT Sport is expecting people to pay £30 to watch this broadcast in the UK.

Thank you, but no thank you.

The Broadcast quality was rubbish something a matter of concern specially for ICC who want so much to develop the game why not give some aid to Ireland cricket from dubious money earned through IPL, if only ICC gets a visionary head like Sepp Blatter

As per reports, The Sky Sports commentary panel for the four-match T20I series between Pakistan and England was revealed on Monday, May 20.

The commentary will be primarily based on former English cricketers including Nasser Hussain, Michael Atherton, Isa Guha, Ebony Rainford-Brent, Mark Butcher, Eoin Morgan and Lydia Greenway.

Meanwhile, Sky Sports has also included Stuart Broad in the commentary panel.

Since last year, Broad has been a frequent member of the Sky Sports panel of commentators and he was also an analyst for the broadcasters during the SA20 in 2023.

Apart from the Pakistan-England series, Broad will be present in the commentary box when his former teammate and bowling partner, James Anderson. will bowl the last time in international cricket.

It should be noted that the four-match T20I series between Pakistan and England will start on May 22nd and will end on May 30th.

Back