PCB announces a landmark three-year men’s central contracts list

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The Pakistan Cricket Board confirmed that it has successfully negotiated a three-year central contacts deal with its senior players that will run from July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2026. As many as 25 cricketers will be offered a momentous deal that will include a portion of ICC revenue.

Unlike last year, red-ball and white-ball national contracts have been merged. This decision was proposed by the central contract committee as a way to evaluate players in terms of winning matches and aimed at promoting fairness, transparent selection process.

The list of players will be divided into four categories with significant increases in monthly retainers. Revenue from ICC will be incorporated in overall monthly remuneration.

Category A (3 players): 202 %
Category B (6): 144 %
Category C (2): 135 %
Category D (14): 127 %

Below is the list of players with categories who are being offered contracts:

Category A: Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan and Shaheen Shah Afridi
Category B: Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Nawaz, Naseem Shah and Shadab Khan
Category C: Imad Wasim and Abdullah Shafique
Category D: Fahim Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Ihsanullah, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Saim Ayub, Salman Ali Agha, Sarfaraz Ahmad, Saud Shakeel, Shahnawaz Dahani, Shan Masood, Usama Mir and Zaman Khan

Players’ match fees will also see a major hike: 50% increment in Test, 25% in ODI and 12.5% in T20I.

Centrally contracted players who are playing domestic cricket will be paid 50% of international match fee. In addition, players will be allowed to play two foreign leagues in each season.

The three-year tenure of the contacts will have its financial model locked in the term. Player performance however will be reviewed after every 12 months. The previous central contract cycle expired on 30 June and the new deal will be deemed effective from 1 July 2023.

PCB Management Committee Chairperson, Zaka Ashraf: "I am pleased to announce that after lengthy negotiations, the PCB has come to a financial agreement with the players. We believe that our players are the true assets of Pakistan cricket, and it is our utmost priority to ensure their well-being and provide them with the best possible services. This deal signifies our commitment to improving the financial health of our players, acknowledging their hard work and dedication to the game. We firmly believe that a financially secure and motivated team is more likely to excel on the field. As we move forward, the entire nation stands behind these players to do well in the upcoming ICC Men's World Cup. We have faith in their abilities, and we are confident that they will make the nation proud with their outstanding performances.

Pakistan captain, Babar Azam: It is by far a historic deal. I am extremely happy and satisfied that we have reached an agreement with the PCB. It has been a lengthy and, at times, challenging negotiation process, but I believe we have reached a fair and beneficial agreement for both parties. I would like to extend my special thanks to chairman Zaka Ashraf for personally overseeing and facilitating these negotiations. He took personal interest and his commitment to Pakistan cricket are truly commendable. This agreement signifies a new chapter in players’ career and in Pakistan cricket. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of all players towards the game and now we are all geared up ahead of the ICC Men’s World Cup.

Usman Wahla, PCB Director – International Cricket Operations: We've not only signed a historic central contract pay deal, but we've also taken a monumental step towards recognising the true value of our cricketers both on and off the field.I would like to express my appreciation for the visionary leadership of PCB's senior management, and the collaborative spirit shown by Babar Azam and the senior players involved. Together, we've written a new chapter in Pakistan's cricket history with this central contract deal – a testament to teamwork both on and off the field.

PCB Lahore, 27 September 2023

More than the remunerations, the players were concerned about the FBR tax rates and the numerous deductions that were being deducted from their monthly pays i.e. medical/health insurance, provident fund, pension e.t.c. The players took the position there is no point in making Rs 4.5 million a month if our take home will be Rs 2.2 million a month in the end.

However the players are being very well paid given the fact they have not won any major ICC tournament for the last 6 years, haven't beaten a top 4 team at home or abroad. If the players are being rewarded well then they need to produce results as well.

Also why have the likes of Imad Wasim, Fahim Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Shahnawaz Dhani, Zaman Khan being offered contracts? These guys have not been in the PCB plans for a while now and have not delivered any special performances in domestic cricket either.

Question is, will the players be moved from categories annually?

My guess is that the three year central contract list doesnt mean the players will get to keep a contract for three years, but basically no pay increase on categories for three years. Players maybe can move from category c to b after years performance review.

lol if thats what they did the players are at loss and PCB won in this fight against them hahahaha

Only Babar and Shaheen should have been Category A.

Rizwan should be category B.

Nawaz should be category D.

Saud Shakeel should have been Cat C if not B.

More than the remunerations, the players were concerned about the FBR tax rates and the numerous deductions that were being deducted from their monthly pays i.e. medical/health insurance, provident fund, pension e.t.c. The players took the position there is no point in making Rs 4.5 million a month if our take home will be Rs 2.2 million a month in the end.

However the players are being very well paid given the fact they have not won any major ICC tournament for the last 6 years, haven't beaten a top 4 team at home or abroad. If the players are being rewarded well then they need to produce results as well.

Also why have the likes of Imad Wasim, Fahim Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Shahnawaz Dhani, Zaman Khan being offered contracts? These guys have not been in the PCB plans for a while now and have not delivered any special performances in domestic cricket either.
Thats not how hr works. You cant pay salaries based on winning the icc tournament. This way 9 teams wont be paying salaries than... Its PCB's job to arrange series not the players, its not the players fault if top teams are not coming.

Thats not how hr works. You cant pay salaries based on winning the icc tournament. This way 9 teams wont be paying salaries than... Its PCB's job to arrange series not the players, its not the players fault if top teams are not coming.

There should be clauses in the contract giving PCB the right to review contracts based on performance. A company can fire an employee for non performance even before the end of their contract, if a contract specifies a 3 months probation period and within 3 weeks they feel a hiree is not up for the job, they can get rid of him without worrying about honoring the 3 month probation period.

PCB needs to hold the players to a higher standard. High standards will push the players to hold the players to higher standards for themselves i.e. better fitness, more hard work in the nets on their skills, off season.

Disagree with top teams not coming, Pakistan hosted Australia, England, New Zealand in the last year and the Pakistani players squandered a golden opportunity to get wins at home. A team with such poor output does not deserve such a high sponsorship and wage.

The Pakistan Cricket Board confirmed that it has successfully negotiated a three-year central contacts deal with its senior players that will run from July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2026. As many as 25 cricketers will be offered a momentous deal that will include a portion of ICC revenue.

Unlike last year, red-ball and white-ball national contracts have been merged. This decision was proposed by the central contract committee as a way to evaluate players in terms of winning matches and aimed at promoting fairness, transparent selection process.

The list of players will be divided into four categories with significant increases in monthly retainers. Revenue from ICC will be incorporated in overall monthly remuneration.

Category B: Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Nawaz, Naseem Shah and Shadab Khan
Category D: Fahim Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Ihsanullah, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Saim Ayub, Salman Ali Agha, Sarfaraz Ahmad, Saud Shakeel, Shahnawaz Dahani, Shan Masood, Usama Mir and Zaman Khan

Players’ match fees will also see a major hike: 50% increment in Test, 25% in ODI and 12.5% in T20I.

Centrally contracted players who are playing domestic cricket will be paid 50% of international match fee. In addition, players will be allowed to play two foreign leagues in each season.

The three-year tenure of the contacts will have its financial model locked in the term. Player performance however will be reviewed after every 12 months. The previous central contract cycle expired on 30 June and the new deal will be deemed effective from 1 July 2023.

PCB Management Committee Chairperson, Zaka Ashraf: "I am pleased to announce that after lengthy negotiations, the PCB has come to a financial agreement with the players. We believe that our players are the true assets of Pakistan cricket, and it is our utmost priority to ensure their well-being and provide them with the best possible services. This deal signifies our commitment to improving the financial health of our players, acknowledging their hard work and dedication to the game. We firmly believe that a financially secure and motivated team is more likely to excel on the field. As we move forward, the entire nation stands behind these players to do well in the upcoming ICC Men's World Cup. We have faith in their abilities, and we are confident that they will make the nation proud with their outstanding performances.

Pakistan captain, Babar Azam: It is by far a historic deal. I am extremely happy and satisfied that we have reached an agreement with the PCB. It has been a lengthy and, at times, challenging negotiation process, but I believe we have reached a fair and beneficial agreement for both parties. I would like to extend my special thanks to chairman Zaka Ashraf for personally overseeing and facilitating these negotiations. He took personal interest and his commitment to Pakistan cricket are truly commendable. This agreement signifies a new chapter in players’ career and in Pakistan cricket. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of all players towards the game and now we are all geared up ahead of the ICC Men’s World Cup.

Usman Wahla, PCB Director – International Cricket Operations: We've not only signed a historic central contract pay deal, but we've also taken a monumental step towards recognising the true value of our cricketers both on and off the field.I would like to express my appreciation for the visionary leadership of PCB's senior management, and the collaborative spirit shown by Babar Azam and the senior players involved. Together, we've written a new chapter in Pakistan's cricket history with this central contract deal – a testament to teamwork both on and off the field.

Where is Abrar?

Rizwan is cat A for what??

He lost his test spot. He will lose his ODI and T20 batting positions if someone outside of Babar’s clique becomes captain

At least Imad Wasim is included in something lol

Shaheen, Babar and Mohammad Rizwan are Category A.

Meanwhile disgraceful individuals like Amir, Sharjeel and Umar Akmal are nowhere to be seen.

By the grace of Allah the current administration is definitely doing one thing right.

In the battle between good and evil within Pakistan cricket we see the good are prevailing. Long may it last.

Can someone explain to me how Nawaz, Shadab and Fakhar deserve to be Category B. It degrades the performance of the other folks in that category.

Haris, Naseem and Imam are all integral part of the team and PCT is worse off without even one of them. However same cannot be said about Shadab, Nawaz and Fakhar.

It's like someone works hard and brings success to their company but a coworker slacks off and does the bare minimum and then at the end of the year the boss gives both of them the same bonus. That would suck.

Only Babar and Shaheen should have been Category A.

Rizwan should be category B.

Nawaz should be category D.

Saud Shakeel should have been Cat C if not B.
Not a chance.

Mohammad Rizwan is the greatest wicketkeeper in the history of Pakistan cricket.

He is the greatest t20 opener the country has ever produced.

He tops every list of rankings imaginable.

He is a world renowned role model for Pakistan cricket.

Mohammad Rizwan doesn’t need category A. Category A needs him.

The tears keep flowing and Rizwan keeps succeeding. It is delicious to see.

Its totally unjustified placing Iftikhar Ahmed in D Category.

He is playing 2 formats ODI and T20i and get placed in D, while Imad is playing hardly 1 format and he has been awarded a contract of C Category.

It's a bit of a strange call for me by PCB.
Presumably they realise he needs a contract but don’t want to encourage him to hang on for another 3 years.

Chacha doesn’t strike me as someone who will retire gracefully. I reckon he’s got at least one ‘comeback’ left in him before he goes.

Iftimania deserved Category C instead of Category D in central contract.

Imad wasim is not in WC squad but served Category C. Strange

The PCB still have the upper hand and the contract terms could have been better (linked to inflation/annual review of salary remuneration), however it is a step in the right direction.

There is a risk that the more senior players may face discrimination at the latter stages of their careers and players may choose to retire early if there is no certainty of a 3 year contract being awarded.

A lot will depend on how the PCB manages performance of players that are meeting expectations.

Rizwan & Naseem are players whose performance justify the contracts. Naseem will be in A soon. Sarfaraz has done a solid job for Pakistan but it's time to move on & he hardly is an automatic choice for any format.

Players reported to have successfully negotiated a 3% share of PCB's ICC revenues which's historic news.

There's two surprising inclusions - Shahnawaz Dhani and Imad Wasim. Dhani hasn't played for Pakistan in 12 months while Imad hasn't featured in 6 months. Neither were part of the Asia Cup or World Cup squads.

The other names, while I don't agree with them all, I can understand as they've been recently involved in the setup.

Players reported to have successfully negotiated a 3% share of PCB's ICC revenues which's historic news.

There's two surprising inclusions - Shahnawaz Dhani and Imad Wasim. Dhani hasn't played for Pakistan in 12 months while Imad hasn't featured in 6 months. Neither were part of the Asia Cup or World Cup squads.

The other names, while I don't agree with them all, I can understand as they've been recently involved in the setup.

Dhani is our court jester. We have so much money we carry him around to entertain the other teams during breaks.

These contracts prove that rizwan is likely to be captain if babar gets the boot, not shadab.

The power of rizwan lol.

Honestly Naseem, Rauf deserve contract A, don't know why they aren't in.

Pakistan would be toast on multiple occasions if it weren't for these 2.

Shaheen is good but I've said it before, Rauf and Naseem are superior.

It's sad to see our 2 best players not being in contract A.

Where is Abrar Ahmed. Didn’t see Nauman Ali either. These 2 recently won us the test series vs SL.

Imad Wasim in Cat C is surprising given the absence of Abrar who is a regular in test cricket these days.

Never seen a player with such a strange-hold over the PCB like him
This actually proves that if babar gets the boot, Rizwan will be made Captain, not shadab 😂😂.

Honestly I'm actually sad and upset that Rauf and naseem didn't get contract A. Their literally pur 2 best players. Naseem is easily top 5 best bowlers in the world atm and his contributions with the bat for a tailender are solid as well.

Rauf isn't top 5 best but he's a genuine wicket taker.

Don't get why shaheen is contract A. Shaheen is good but he is overrated, he relies on that early inswing to get the job done and reverse swing at the death. If these 2 don't work he panics and gets smacked.

Naseem actually has some of the best line and length I have ever seen and Rauf is so godamn intelligent. Tragedy that these 2 don't get contract A.

Not a chance.

Mohammad Rizwan is the greatest wicketkeeper in the history of Pakistan cricket.

He is the greatest t20 opener the country has ever produced.

He tops every list of rankings imaginable.

He is a world renowned role model for Pakistan cricket.

Mohammad Rizwan doesn’t need category A. Category A needs him.

The tears keep flowing and Rizwan keeps succeeding. It is delicious to see.
Meh.

I don't give two hoots about the Rizwan debate. Both sides bore me to tears. One side seems to think Rizwan is responsible for the ultimate downfall Pakistan cricket, global warming etc. The other side seems to think criticizing Rizwan is not permissible under law and requires a constitutional amendment.

I see him just like any other player. Appreciate his good bits, criticize his bad bits.

Rizwan is a mainstay in the t20 team but has lost his test spot recently and is a barely average odi player for now. It isn't enough to warrant a Category A contract imo.

Abrar should have been included

Meh.

I don't give two hoots about the Rizwan debate. Both sides bore me to tears. One side seems to think Rizwan is responsible for the ultimate downfall Pakistan cricket, global warming etc. The other side seems to think criticizing Rizwan is not permissible under law and requires a constitutional amendment.

I see him just like any other player. Appreciate his good bits, criticize his bad bits.

Rizwan is a mainstay in the t20 team but has lost his test spot recently and is a barely average odi player for now. It isn't enough to warrant a Category A contract imo.
Check Rizwan odi stats for this year

This actually proves that if babar gets the boot, Rizwan will be made Captain, not shadab 😂😂.

Honestly I'm actually sad and upset that Rauf and naseem didn't get contract A. Their literally pur 2 best players. Naseem is easily top 5 best bowlers in the world atm and his contributions with the bat for a tailender are solid as well.

Rauf isn't top 5 best but he's a genuine wicket taker.

Don't get why shaheen is contract A. Shaheen is good but he is overrated, he relies on that early inswing to get the job done and reverse swing at the death. If these 2 don't work he panics and gets smacked.

Naseem actually has some of the best line and length I have ever seen and Rauf is so godamn intelligent. Tragedy that these 2 don't get contract A.
Every single bowler has weaknesses and Shaheen certainly does have scope for improvement in some areas. But his skill level is ridiculously high and if you can't appreciate how special his skill is, I'm sceptical of your judgement.

I love Naseem and Rauf but Shaheen is a cut above both of them talent wise. Naseem would eventually get contract A but Shaheen has already so many incredible performances in both white ball formats with such consistency that fans have started to take his magic for granted.

The biggest surprise is to see Iftikhar Ahmed in Category D. He deserves better than this.

Interesting that the percentage of the ICC revenue has not been disclosed.

Interesting that the percentage of the ICC revenue has not been disclosed.

Its between 3-5% apparently. That amounts to $1.8 million per annum that will be shared among the centrally contracted Pakistani players in addition to their monthly salaries, match fees, daily allowances, sponsorships, their private passive investments on the side, T-20 leagues. Our players should have no excuses for not being paid well and looked after now.

Its between 3-5% apparently. That amounts to $1.8 million per annum that will be shared among the centrally contracted Pakistani players in addition to their monthly salaries, match fees, daily allowances, sponsorships, their private passive investments on the side, T-20 leagues. Our players should have no excuses for not being paid well and looked after now.
What is the industry norm on the % and what are Indians/Aussies paid?

Every single bowler has weaknesses and Shaheen certainly does have scope for improvement in some areas. But his skill level is ridiculously high and if you can't appreciate how special his skill is, I'm sceptical of your judgement.

I love Naseem and Rauf but Shaheen is a cut above both of them talent wise. Naseem would eventually get contract A but Shaheen has already so many incredible performances in both white ball formats with such consistency that fans have started to take his magic for granted.
Brother Shaheen is not superior to Rauf and naseem. He's a bang Average middle overs bowler. He's a solid new ball bowler but he struggles with line and length.

Naseem has taken a wicket in every game He's been in besides that India game where he was robbed of gill's wicket 2x cause chacha is brainless at the slip.

Naseem is also 10x more economical then shaheen is and Rauf is 10x the wicket taker that shaheen is.

Shaheen is good but he's media hyped like babar is. He's ironically the weakest of our 3 trio broskie.

Naseem has taken wickets in every game He's been in barring one game lol.

I don't hate shaheen, he's a class bowler but he's not superior. I will say this though, shaheen has much much superior swing to naseem and Rauf and as a new ball bowler if he pitches it in correctly he's damn near unplayable.

But he's next to useless in the middle overs and he often loses his magic eventually, he's not your wicket taker if a partnership builds that's the issue.

Rauf is , amd naseem is so economical at this point that his death bowling is vital.

All 3 compliment each other, Shaheen with the new ball, Naseem at the death and Rauf at the middle.

What is the industry norm on the % and what are Indians/Aussies paid?

Australian International and Domestic players receive 26%. BCCI i believe pays b/w 8-10%.

People in Pakistan were critical of the PCB caving into the players demands because of the argument that the Pakistani players are paid well according to the GDP of Pakistan. I think 3-5% is a good starting point

Good for the players. They deserve the money. Well negotiated with a united front by the player leadership in the absence of a players union.

Naseem should have been placed in the A category with other deserving players, considering he regularly participates in all three formats, just like those in the same category.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news! Uplift on contracts will surely galvanise the team!

The WC edges closer!

🤍💚🇵🇰🤍💚

Imad Wasim getting a central contract is a joke. Not a regular in any format and likely to only feature in a few T20Is. Ifti should have got the C category contract.

Babar Rizwan and Shaheen are the three premiere players deservedly getting the best deals.

Couple of things I'm a bit confused about:

Why does Imad Wasim get a category C contract while someone like Saud Shakeel, whos' been preforming well in tests and is in the world cup squad, get a category D ?

Surely Imam Ul haq deserves a Cat A ? Naseem too.

Seems like Cat A are only for guys who're playing 3 formats. But someone like Imam Ul Haq probbaly deserves a Cat A considering his good performances in both tests and ODI's.

Chacha probably deserves a Cat C

So their leading spinner in red ball cricket ( & in near future potentially in white balls too if /when Shadab Nawaz eventually flop again) Abrar doesn't get the national contract but an overrated nonperforming juvenile idiot like Dahani bags one!!! What's his quality? Being the joker, comedy relief of the side? Does Babar really appreciate the court jester so much that he forgot his only genuine spinner(as of now) was kept out of the contract?
I have seen so many ridiculous things in my capacity as a fan & spectator in Pak cricket over the years, but they still never cease to amaze me with stuff like this. I am not particularly fan of the guy & feel skeptical regarding his potency as a white ball performer or in SENA tests. But that doesn't change the fact that he is the only closest thing of being decent spinner they have at the moment. How can they neglect him in such fashion? I am thinking the boy must be feeling like plie of dirt at the moment. Zaka & Babar both should be ashamed of themselves.

So their leading spinner in red ball cricket ( & in near future potentially in white balls too if /when Shadab Nawaz eventually flop again) Abrar doesn't get the national contract but an overrated nonperforming juvenile idiot like Dahani bags one!!! What's his quality? Being the joker, comedy relief of the side? Does Babar really appreciate the court jester so much that he forgot his only genuine spinner(as of now) was kept out of the contract?
I have seen so many ridiculous things in my capacity as a fan & spectator in Pak cricket over the years, but they still never cease to amaze me with stuff like this. I am not particularly fan of the guy & feel skeptical regarding his potency as a white ball performer or in SENA tests. But that doesn't change the fact that he is the only closest thing of being decent spinner they have at the moment. How can they neglect him in such fashion? I am thinking the boy must be feeling like plie of dirt at the moment. Zaka & Babar both should be ashamed of themselves.
Might as well move to the US

These guys will continue to mess around people. It’s not worth being messed around anymore

Strange to see Imad Wasim in here. Maybe he's still in the plans for the WC

Brother Shaheen is not superior to Rauf and naseem. He's a bang Average middle overs bowler. He's a solid new ball bowler but he struggles with line and length.

Naseem has taken a wicket in every game He's been in besides that India game where he was robbed of gill's wicket 2x cause chacha is brainless at the slip.

Naseem is also 10x more economical then shaheen is and Rauf is 10x the wicket taker that shaheen is.

Shaheen is good but he's media hyped like babar is. He's ironically the weakest of our 3 trio broskie.

Naseem has taken wickets in every game He's been in barring one game lol.

I don't hate shaheen, he's a class bowler but he's not superior. I will say this though, shaheen has much much superior swing to naseem and Rauf and as a new ball bowler if he pitches it in correctly he's damn near unplayable.

But he's next to useless in the middle overs and he often loses his magic eventually, he's not your wicket taker if a partnership builds that's the issue.

Rauf is , amd naseem is so economical at this point that his death bowling is vital.

All 3 compliment each other, Shaheen with the new ball, Naseem at the death and Rauf at the middle.
He isn't just solid with the new ball, he's one of a kind special. That's what some people don't seem to realize. It's just recency bias to suggest he isn't accurate with the new ball. Usually that's his biggest strength. He swings the new ball more than almost anyone and is bull's eye accurate and at a pace which is much more than is normal for a bowler who swings it as much ( before injury anyway). New ball bowling is a huge huge part of white ball cricket. More important than old ball bowling. It is a matchwinning skill. Disagree with babar comparison as well. Shaheen has delivered far more than Babar vs the best players and is someone openers are genuinely afraid of.

Anyway, I can't make you see things from my lenses so it's probably futile arguing further.

Apparently Cricket Australia and BCCI shares 26-27% with the players.

Good start by the PCB. Apparently it will be 3% in year one, 4% in year two and 5% in year three.

He isn't just solid with the new ball, he's one of a kind special. That's what some people don't seem to realize. It's just recency bias to suggest he isn't accurate with the new ball. Usually that's his biggest strength. He swings the new ball more than almost anyone and is bull's eye accurate and at a pace which is much more than is normal for a bowler who swings it as much ( before injury anyway). New ball bowling is a huge huge part of white ball cricket. More important than old ball bowling. It is a matchwinning skill. Disagree with babar comparison as well. Shaheen has delivered far more than Babar vs the best players and is someone openers are genuinely afraid of.

Anyway, I can't make you see things from my lenses so it's probably futile arguing further.

It's fine, I disagree but I respect posters like you who have healthy discussions. Most others just violently attack and start throwing insults lol 😂😂. Good discussion

There are only 2 things the PCB did wrong.
If a player is in B but you think he should be in C and vice versa, itna chalta hai. Its only 1 category

However, Salman Agha deserves B and not D. He is a regular in 2 formats.

Plus exclusion of Abrar makes no sense whatsoever. I think they will include Abrar, maybe forgot his name idk

There are only 2 things the PCB did wrong.
If a player is in B but you think he should be in C and vice versa, itna chalta hai. Its only 1 category

However, Salman Agha deserves B and not D. He is a regular in 2 formats.

Plus exclusion of Abrar makes no sense whatsoever. I think they will include Abrar, maybe forgot his name idk
No 3 blunders

Dahani had no right to a central contract

So what’s a hypothetical total take home annual income for Babar?
The guy easily earns more than 2-3 million dollars every year

There is this central contract, then match fees, daily allowance on away tours, PSL, another league: played LPL this year, will play BPL next year BUT majority money comes from brand endorsements, Instagram posts, showing up at events.

The guy easily earns more than 2-3 million dollars every year

There is this central contract, then match fees, daily allowance on away tours, PSL, another league: played LPL this year, will play BPL next year BUT majority money comes from brand endorsements, Instagram posts, showing up at events.
In comparison, Virat Kohli earned 26 million dollars in 2020. According to Forbes

24 million came from brand endorsements

There should be an inquiry on why some players, specifically Saud, Saim and Abrar continue to be ignored and sidetracked.
Abrar is quite clearly the best spinner in the country right now.

Australian International and Domestic players receive 26%. BCCI i believe pays b/w 8-10%.

People in Pakistan were critical of the PCB caving into the players demands because of the argument that the Pakistani players are paid well according to the GDP of Pakistan. I think 3-5% is a good starting point
Well, 3% is a joke then. They are still not being compensated fairly.

Have you seen the level of cricket on display? Kis moo se aur paise maango ge?
where does it say that the percentage sharing is based on performance? The board generates the sponsorship revenue by liquidating the popularity of players. For these reasons, players deserve a fair share of the revenue as per the industry norms.

Whether players perform well or not is debatable, subjective and most importantly, irrelevant.
If we take this line of argument, then isn’t PCB easily the worse performing board. On what basis do they get to keep 97% when Australian boards gets just 73%?

So regardless any performances these players got huge increase. I wonder if any organisation will increase salary of the workers who are lazy and not doing their job properly. As a matter of fact they should less for their poor performance.

Have a feeling there will be revisions in this Abrar will surely get added while Saud and Salman will go a category up.

where does it say that the percentage sharing is based on performance? The board generates the sponsorship revenue by liquidating the popularity of players. For these reasons, players deserve a fair share of the revenue as per the industry norms.

Whether players perform well or not is debatable, subjective and most importantly, irrelevant.
If we take this line of argument, then isn’t PCB easily the worse performing board. On what basis do they get to keep 97% when Australian boards gets just 73%?
2 things:::
1. Australia is a rich country
2. Australia won 3-4 times more ICC trophy along with bi-lateral trophies plus they won test championship. SO their players deserve to get more because of high life standard.

Back