PCB's inconsistent and poorly thought-out NOC policies leading to dwindling demands for Pakistan cricketers in T20 leagues?

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The demand for Pakistani cricketers in T20 leagues is declining due to uncertainty surrounding the No Objection Certificate (NOC) policy from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), according to a local news channel.

Each season, confusion over NOCs creates issues because the policy lacks clear guidelines. This problem was highlighted during the recent draft for Australia’s Big Bash League (BBL). Sources indicate that BBL management chose not to include Pakistani players due to the unclear NOC situation.

Initially, BBL teams showed interest in signing Pakistani cricketers and inquired about their availability. However, the uncertainty over NOCs meant teams couldn’t be sure if players would be available for the entire tournament or just certain matches.

As a result, only Usama Mir was selected in the draft, while notable players like Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah, Zaman Khan, and Fakhar Zaman, along with 69 other nominated cricketers, were not picked.

Haris Rauf was approached by two teams but was not selected due to uncertainty regarding his availability. Having already played in two leagues, he was seeking special permission to participate in a third league.

Rauf was not considered for the Test series against Bangladesh, and there is no clear indication of his inclusion in the series against England. Despite this, he remains eager to play both white-ball and red-ball cricket.

We have shot ourself in the foot by taking such a silly stance for NOCs. We should rather have worked on building relationships with boards.

We have shot ourself in the foot by taking such a silly stance for NOCs. We should rather have worked on building relationships with boards.

Sri Lankans, West Indians pulled out plenty of their players from the last PSL. Cricket Australia hardly sends anyone in the PSL.

PCB and Pakistani fans need to grow a spine. The skill level, fitness and aptitude of our players towards ODI and test cricket have declined with this free for all T-20 league NOC policies. If the cricketers don't perform the PCB has every right to pull them in line.

Sri Lankans, West Indians pulled out plenty of their players from the last PSL. Cricket Australia hardly sends anyone in the PSL.

PCB and Pakistani fans need to grow a spine. The skill level, fitness and aptitude of our players towards ODI and test cricket have declined with this free for all T-20 league NOC policies. If the cricketers don't perform the PCB has every right to pull them in line.
SL and Wi have luxury of IPL and don't have India trying to isolate them in the ICC.

Pakistan should play it's hand better. Try and do deals rather than last minute revoke NOCs that leave franchises in havoc. This type of unprofessional attitude doesn't make many friends.

In a few years when India controls the franchise market we will whine about discrimination rather than look at our own unprofessional conduct.

SL and Wi have luxury of IPL and don't have India trying to isolate them in the ICC.

Pakistan should play it's hand better. Try and do deals rather than last minute revoke NOCs that leave franchises in havoc. This type of unprofessional attitude doesn't make many friends.

In a few years when India controls the franchise market we will whine about discrimination rather than look at our own unprofessional conduct.

Not many Sri Lankans or Bangladeshi's get picked in the IPL.

We have seen the adverse effects of T-20 cricket on our players, their fitness, attitude when playing for Pakistan, the fact they have a back up option and don't worry about losing their PCB central contracts or positions in the team. Every Cricket Board has the right to revoke and deny NOC permissions and it is now time the PCB reminds the players who is boss.

The players need to be made to play domestic cricket in Pakistan and the PCB needs to uplift the standard of domestic cricket.

This uncertainty from PCB will destroy Pakistani players chances is the T20 leagues, do not forget that IPL-Pakistani players fiasco was also due Pakistan not allowing the players to go to India.

It's good as they do get the leeway and does not bother much about international cricket, this way either they would perform for future league contracts or either perish owing to non performers

Fitness isn't a problem caused by playing in overseas leagues.

It's caused by improper diet, poor conditioning, and the PCB not upholding standards.

If a player is not bothered about international cricket the solution isn't to punish them or break ties with other leagues. It will only cause resentment. Make your international cricket something that is aspirational and pays well.

PCB must become more strict and should not allow Pakistan players in any other foreign league. Protect the PSL brand and give more salary to players in PSL.

This uncertainty from PCB will destroy Pakistani players chances is the T20 leagues, do not forget that IPL-Pakistani players fiasco was also due Pakistan not allowing the players to go to India.
That was a great move by PCB from Indian perspective..

The NOC policy is beyond understanding. Fakhar was given NOC for full CPL (OR NOT???) but he is returning back after 3-4 games only to play the domestic cup. This is only gonna break the trust of other boards and they will be hesitant to sign Pak players next time.

The NOC policy is beyond understanding. Fakhar was given NOC for full CPL (OR NOT???) but he is returning back after 3-4 games only to play the domestic cup. This is only gonna break the trust of other boards and they will be hesitant to sign Pak players next time.

Good. Keep the Pakistani players exclusive to Pakistan Cricket

Zindabad

One step closer to Rizwan retiring from PCB

Love it.

PCB is dying. They are taking down Pakistan Cricket and PSL with them. But they will not go down without taking the players with them as well.

I am waiting for their retirement as well now after such NOC blunders and dramas.
I'm waiting for the end of the nexus.

It's a good thing I'm young so I don't have to wait till 30 to get rid of this lot.

Just need to wait 5 years and the nexus will die.

Then we can usher in a new era. Today I was listening to what sarfi said as a mentor, he's looking at the under 19 circuit and already identified talent that was missing.

Inshallah In 5 years he'll be a permanent mentor or chief selector or whatever and then Pakistan can finally become a mid card team again. They won't ever be a top tier team though due to lack of economy.

Bas 5 years is all it's gonna take.

So imad and Amir retired for the same reason when they took retirement..... YES????
But they were called back out of desperation. Babar and Rizwan being called back to open in T20s?

Ahhahaahahahaahahahahaahaahahahahhahahhaah

But they were called back out of desperation. Babar and Rizwan being called back to open in T20s?

Ahhahaahahahaahahahahaahaahahahahhahahhaah
called back is a different thing. That was a blunder. But Imad and Amir will never stay here if the NOC drama continues. They cannot leave their beloved money from leagues.

called back is a different thing. That was a blunder. But Imad and Amir will never stay here if the NOC drama continues. They cannot leave their beloved money from leagues.
This isn’t the Pakistan cricket I loved and cared for either. I don’t blame them. It was destroyed in 2019…and it’s not coming back until this core lot of selfish players are completely sidelined.

I'm waiting for the end of the nexus.

It's a good thing I'm young so I don't have to wait till 30 to get rid of this lot.

Just need to wait 5 years and the nexus will die.

Then we can usher in a new era. Today I was listening to what sarfi said as a mentor, he's looking at the under 19 circuit and already identified talent that was missing.

Inshallah In 5 years he'll be a permanent mentor or chief selector or whatever and then Pakistan can finally become a mid card team again. They won't ever be a top tier team though due to lack of economy.

Bas 5 years is all it's gonna take.
You can tell with Saifi that he is a guy on a mission. Clear in his thoughts and the players he has identified.

Sarfaraz is Pakistan cricket.

You can tell with Saifi that he is a guy on a mission. Clear in his thoughts and the players he has identified.

Sarfaraz is Pakistan cricket.
It took sarfi one week of mentoring to identify 5 players from the circuit.

another thing people ignore is that players perform much better under him. I guarantee you the likes of saim and saud will improve if he is around due to the factor of motivation he provides.

I still remember the NZ test game. Probably one of the greatest draws of all time. If anyone watched that game and observed his century and observed him batting with the tail vs What rizwan did this series, they'd notice a night and day difference.

But naw, rizwan is inzi level for some

According to Mubashir Luqman's latest video all but one Pakistan player were ignored. The one who was selected was the one dropped by Pakistan.

As per reports:

Zim Afro T10 League has not yet been approved by the International Cricket Council (ICC), so no national cricketer will get an NOC until the approval is given.

It should be noted that Shahnawaz Dhani, Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Yasir Shah, Mohammad Irfan, Sharjeel Khan, and Salman Arshad have been selected for the league, but Shahnawaz Dhani, Asif Ali, and Haider Ali are included in the teams for the Champions One-Day Cup.

On the other hand, a Zim Afro T10 League spokesperson says that the Zim Afro T10 does not need ICC approval.

Back