[PICTURES/VIDEOS] 'Only players taking part in domestic cricket will be considered for selection in the national squads': Mohsin Naqvi

Gary Kirsten in his report complained about Babar and his stubborn selections, he wanted Abrar to play against USA, Canada and Ireland but Babar over ruled him every time.
Just make this out loud and tell that Babar was behind every stubborn and stupid backing of his selections at the cost of losing match and early exit... The big boys should teach this arrogant and stupid captain a lesson...

Question needs to be asked is why are we not producing players with long careers with consistent performance? Looks like after 2-4 years they are cooked and fall off a cliff.
why are we constantly pushing for tullaybaaz, bits and pieces , gully mohalla cricketers to be selected in the names like ifthikar ahmed , asif ali, danish aziz, khusdil shah, shadab khan , faheem ashraf , imad wasim and now usman khan been added to that list , and back players like Azam khan failures after failures with such shabby fitness..

Why not select proper young batsmen like Abdullah Shafiq, Saud Shakeel , Tayyab Tahir , Usman Salahuddin, Kamran Ghulam, Omair bin Yousuf etc and back them and train them to play aggressively for a T20 format ..
Hashim Amla an example , Jack Kallis , Hussey , Murali Vijay these are all good TEST cricketers transformed themselves into a fantastic T2O batsman playing conventional proper cricket shots to score runs at faster pace..

this is only good thing he did but then again he failed to produce a team in his tenure just like during his captaincy tenure which forced him to eat his fitness logic and push himself on bringing back Sharjeel...

When Mickey left the white ball team was in good shape and (Haider Ali + Abdullah Shafiq ) forming well , MIsbah took them in the squad but didnt give proper chance and Haider Ali was spoiled to core as a slogger... Abdullah Shafiq has to wait till 2023 CWC to get his mainstay chances as an opener...

Babar and his stubborn selections , this is the first big reason he shouldnt be captain in any format... He got this stubborness from Misbah especially who resisted changes forever, never give chances to the youngsters... He killed the careers of many youngsters like Umar Amin, Hammad Azam , Umar Akmal, Haris Sohail , Fawad Alam, Yasir Shah etc.. One of worst captains to play under and expect playre development and consistent chances...He gave chances to those who buy his own tuk tuk style of play..and that is why he made Azhar ali the captain twice...

Even Mickey Arthur in his report after the 2023 ODI WC blamed Babar's stubborness on selections for the debacle.

Even Mickey Arthur in his report after the 2023 ODI WC blamed Babar's stubborness on selections for the debacle.

The problem was Mickey in his 2nd stint was a zoom coach so he couldn't cultivate a dressing room. By that he was so fed up being screwed around he didn't care and just acted like an observer and collected his money. Fair enough.

Last 2 years we have had no continuity, at board level and in coaching. It's been all over the place and players were left to their own devices and look at the outcome.

I really hope this PCB admin remains for 4 years so there can be stability again.

Are these reports available in some form or is it just leaks?

I just find it convenient that two coaches are saying the same thing about Babar. It seems contrived.

I just find it convenient that two coaches are saying the same thing about Babar. It seems contrived.

Reporters didn't get the report but sources in the PCB leaked relevant portions from the report.

Zaka had already made up his mind to get rid of Mickey, the coaching staff and to relieve Babar of the captaincy. It also didn't help that the team had to depart to Australia for a test series within two weeks hence the uproar on the poor WC showing was short lived.

Players have already hinted to Naqvi Saab if they are downgraded and are forced to play domestic cricket, they will refuse central contracts and become free lancers.

Can Naqvi Saab resist their pressure tactics from the players and psl franchises?
Honestly they can naf off cos they have disgraced there country enough!

The issue with Pakistan cricket and this issue is since forever that we blame everything on the Captain. No other player, selectors, coach, team physio are held responsible for a debacle. We believe by replacing one man all the problems would go away. No one is even talking about Fakhar, who was one of the main batsman of the team and failed miserably. No one is questioning physio and selectors regarding the fitness of the players. By all means, Babar should be sacked but don’t sweep everything else under the rug.

Naqvi sahab is saying many big things, but I see no real change in PCB. Charity begins at home. First of all, select the PCB management on merit, then other departments can be solved. How can PCB work when you have a guy like Wahab riaz as a sector who knows nothing about selection and is more of a travel guide rather than a selector?

Clean the top first and then move towards the very bottom. All the league bullies should be sent packing right away. What is h waiting for??

Naqvi sahab is saying many big things, but I see no real change in PCB. Charity begins at home. First of all, select the PCB management on merit, then other departments can be solved. How can PCB work when you have a guy like Wahab riaz as a sector who knows nothing about selection and is more of a travel guide rather than a selector?

Clean the top first and then move towards the very bottom. All the league bullies should be sent packing right away. What is h waiting for??
Is his appointment based on merit? If he wasnt appointed on merit, how can we expect him to appoint others on merit? There has to be a system. One person alone cannot watch all the domestic matches to evaluate players' techniques, which is why he relies on statistics, which is a flawed system. We need a system where feedback is gathered from domestic selectors from all regions, and then the final team is selected based on their feedback. Additionally, nowadays a lot of footage is available. That footage should also be used.

Is his appointment based on merit? If he wasnt appointed on merit, how can we expect him to appoint others on merit? There has to be a system. One person alone cannot watch all the domestic matches to evaluate players' techniques, which is why he relies on statistics, which is a flawed system. We need a system where feedback is gathered from domestic selectors from all regions, and then the final team is selected based on their feedback. Additionally, nowadays a lot of footage is available. That footage should also be used.
Exactly. Wahab's selections is not on merit. He needs to go first, then we can talk about lower levels.

I'm just curious about how many players in the current squad don't play domestic cricket? Also, what about other nations like Australia, England, and India? Do their best players still participate in domestic cricket even though they are mainstays in the national squad? Hard to picture Kohli grilling and playing Ranji Trophy. Sorry I don't follow domestic structures so I have no clue about it.

The issue with Pakistan cricket and this issue is since forever that we blame everything on the Captain. No other player, selectors, coach, team physio are held responsible for a debacle. We believe by replacing one man all the problems would go away. No one is even talking about Fakhar, who was one of the main batsman of the team and failed miserably. No one is questioning physio and selectors regarding the fitness of the players. By all means, Babar should be sacked but don’t sweep everything else under the rug.
There's also a huge amount of favouritism. If their favourite players underperform, then it's automatically the captain who is to blame. It's never the fault of those individual players or God forbid their favourite players are actually not that good. No the captain must be keeping them down, making them bat in the wrong position or bowling them at the wrong time. It's why Pakistan cricket is stuck in this vicious cycle where individuals change but the broken system is never looked at.

wait n watch .. 25ball 100 .. on cards for azam khan soon...
He might be able to smash it in 20 by 20 feet ground but in internationals, this is not his cup of team. Even 50 is far from him.

Can you trust this guy!!! He as usual buying some times to save his face and his players. Almost same team will be selected for CT25 whether they are fit or in form.

Can you trust this guy!!! He as usual buying some times to save his face and his players. Almost same team will be selected for CT25 whether they are fit or in form.
The most this guy is going to do is that babar might be removed from captaincy, iffi and azam + shadab will go.

Wahab will become chief selector LOL.

This is nothing more than playing to the gallery.

Domestic is only part of the issue.

The selection criteria should be who scores the tough runs under pressure to win his team the game consistently, style of play, In game awareness etc.

Not only who the leading run scorers are.

How and when they score is the most important aspect.

Same applies to the bowlers.

Pitches need to be different throughout the country with spin, pace and bounce wickets, Green tracks etc to test players on all conditions.

Proper home and away matches with 2 divisions.

Division one and Two.

Getting rid of 7 selectors, 700 - 800 plus "admin staff", chairman s holiday expenses, players families holiday expenses etc.

The PCB needs to be run like a profitable business and can pay these domestic players properly instead of wasting money.

Nobody should have 2 positions at once. I.E Wahab and Naqvi.

That is how you get the cream of players coming through.

The most this guy is going to do is that babar might be removed from captaincy, iffi and azam + shadab will go.

Wahab will become chief selector LOL.
Things are dying down. Naqvi seems to retain Wahab and Babar.

Breaking news::: Babar refused to resign meaning He will be our captain in 2025 Champion trophy and 2026 T20, 2027 50 over World Cup.
This Naqvi guy is all talk.so another first round exit with next 3 tournaments because Shadab, Rauf, Azam Khan will not bring any trophy. Joke of a board and greedy and shameless players.

Things are dying down. Naqvi seems to retain Wahab and Babar.
Yes, I think same. Babar really should give up here and free himself from this extra pressure. Wahab???

I want him to go as well. But this is PCB.

Yes, I think same. Babar really should give up here and free himself from this extra pressure. Wahab???

I want him to go as well. But this is PCB.
I think its better for Kristen to resign as he will be more humiliated. Aussie bowlers will eat Azam, Ifti alive.
Shadab, Rauf will be murdered. Babar getting away with USA loose means loosing Australia by 6-0 in LOI plus champion trophy 25 first round exit will not be taken as disaster. Naqvi will give similar which players will play overseas leagues and back home when things dying down.

It's obvious that we aren't winning with seniors like Babar, Rizwan, Ifti, Shadab, Imad, Rauf, and Fakhar anymore. To make matters worse, we wasted time by rotating tried and tested failures like Ashraf and Nawaz for so many years, rather than experimenting with fresh blood. Instead of grooming young players, we threw in Saim and Azam so close to the World Cup. This was a panic selection. You could say Babar was a culprit in this mess

It's time to inject fresh, hungry talent like Harris, Saud Shakeel, Abrar, Haider (still young and very experienced), Ihsanullah, and the next generation players. I don't mind losing with young players as long as we see progress. We can retain seniors like Fakhar and Babar, but the message should be clear: we are cleaning house and will keep seeking talented, impactful players. Tired of seeing same old Bakwas.

Back