[PICTURE] The home team bully factor, Would Pakistan be too dominant in Champions Trophy 2025 or just as awful as always?

Would Pakistan be a home bully too in Champions Trophy 2025?

• Total voters
It depends on where Pakistan plays these teams to be honest.

On a turning Karachi pitch, everyone can beat Pakistan. Including BD and Afghans.

It depends on where Pakistan plays these teams to be honest.

On a turning Karachi pitch, everyone can beat Pakistan. Including BD and Afghans.
I'll be in Lahore for Ct 2025. I can confidently say Lahore/ Gadafi pitch is basically whoever has the stronger batting team wins.

And Pakistan does not have the strongest batting team. So even in Lahore their at a disadvantage. If they suck up their ego and actually play abrar and decide to play home born karachi batters like saud shakeel then they have a better chance in Karachi then in Lahore.

They'll get outgunned in Lahore

I'll be in Lahore for Ct 2025. I can confidently say Lahore/ Gadafi pitch is basically whoever has the stronger batting team wins.

And Pakistan does not have the strongest batting team. So even in Lahore their at a disadvantage. If they suck up their ego and actually play abrar and decide to play home born karachi batters like saud shakeel then they have a better chance in Karachi then in Lahore.

They'll get outgunned in Lahore

Chasing teams have a huge advantage in Lahore because of the dew. Id say whoever chases will win there.

Chasing teams have a huge advantage in Lahore because of the dew. Id say whoever chases will win there.
That is true. However their is a thing known as skill gap.

If Pakistan goes with a similar line up that they did in 2023 of

1) Abdullah
2) Imam/Fakhar
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Saud
6) Chacha
7) Shadab

Then they'll lose every time against a top side unless Fakhar fires.

They need an explosive lineup, not a test lineup

B3cause of homr conditions Pakistan will certainly qualify for super 8 this time.

Otherwise they may not have made it or at least didn't deserve to.

When has Pakistan been a home bully in recent times? They have hardly won at home against good opposition and the pitches in Pakistan mean that they will be at disadvantage actually. They have more chances of doing well if they played in UAE or in Bangladesh.

When has Pakistan been a home bully in recent times? They have hardly won at home against good opposition and the pitches in Pakistan mean that they will be at disadvantage actually. They have more chances of doing well if they played in UAE or in Bangladesh.
Yeah, you are right. Pakistan is not a team that knows how to take the home advantage. They should have dominated at home like most teams do but instead, they keep on losing games.

So there is no home advantage for Pakistan even though they are going to be playing at home because they are not intelligent enough to use the home conditions.

Have Pakistan been dominant at home in last 2-3 years? How many series have they won?

Large boundaries and cut the grass thick, really slow outfield. Will help the permanently tired legged fielders (eg. Chacha, Imad) to chase the ball.

I don’t see Pakistan winning games after the USA thrashing and this thread is talking about us bullying teams :LOL:

This defeat will pretty much end our cricketers I feel.

Large boundaries and cut the grass thick, really slow outfield. Will help the permanently tired legged fielders (eg. Chacha, Imad) to chase the ball.
OR

Hold a thorough 2 month camp before the tournament by having a shortlisted pool of players go through rigorous fielding and fitness training, run by experts (aka not army drill instructors). To be competitive the fielding, running between wickets, jumping, diving.... all needs to make massive progress. Associate sides like Scotland, USA are far better fielding units than Pakistan. This cannot be allowed to continue. This is a low hanging fruit and can be fixed in a short period of time.

This trophy isn't happening in Pakistan.

Lol @ optimism.

Question: Has pakistan ever been dominant? Even at their very peak did they dominate and played ruthlessly? I doubt it.

Mohsin Naqvi must do a Jay sheh here. Pre tournament seedlings, tailor made pitches for Pakistan and arrange domestic tournaments there with top performers making into the side. Only then PCT would have a chance to compete with others.

Such a tournament would be nothing but a failure for Mohsin administration.
I look at it from a different angle. A hybrid tournament is actually the least that would be expected under any administration. If the Mohsin administration can actually pull it off, however, and the CT ends up happening in Pak, then it should be regarded as a huge success. I despise this regime but by default, it should not be expected for the tournament to happen in Pakistan. If it does, it's an incredible feat.

Unless Pakistan gets high quality spinner , it would be tough for them to win CT.

Pakistan's bowlers in ODI since 2020. Spinners barely did anything.
PlayerSpanMatWktsAvgEconSR4W
Naseem Shah2022-2023
14​
32​
16.96​
4.68​
21.7​
0​
Wahab Riaz2020-2020
2​
5​
21.2​
5.38​
23.6​
1​
Mohammad Wasim2022-2023
20​
34​
25.17​
5.33​
28.2​
1​
Shaheen Shah Afridi2020-2023
34​
64​
25.67​
5.56​
27.6​
2​
Haris Rauf2020-2023
37​
69​
26.4​
5.95​
26.5​
4​
Mohammad Hasnain2020-2023
4​
7​
27.71​
5.36​
31​
0​
Mohammad Nawaz2021-2023
22​
25​
36​
5.02​
42.9​
2​
Saud Shakeel2021-2023
15​
1​
37​
4.72​
47​
0​
Hasan Ali2021-2023
13​
18​
39.05​
6.59​
35.5​
1​
Usama Mir2023-2023
12​
15​
42.26​
5.98​
42.4​
1​
Iftikhar Ahmed2020-2023
24​
15​
42.73​
5.84​
43.8​
0​
Imad Wasim2020-2020
2​
2​
46​
6.13​
45​
0​
Shadab Khan2021-2023
27​
26​
46.53​
5.58​
50​
2​
Usman Qadir2021-2021
1​
1​
48​
5.33​
54​
0​
Muhammad Musa2020-2020
2​
2​
50.5​
6.24​
48.5​
0​
Zahid Mahmood2022-2022
4​
4​
55​
6.11​
54​
0​
Khushdil Shah2020-2022
10​
2​
61​
6.77​
54​
0​
Shahnawaz Dahani2022-2022
2​
1​
73​
4.56​
96​
0​
Faheem Ashraf2020-2023
11​
6​
76.66​
5.6​
82​
0​
Agha Salman2022-2023
21​
4​
99.75​
5.78​
103.5​
0​
Danish Aziz2021-2021
2​
0​
-
5.4​
-
0​
Ihsanullah2023-2023
1​
0​
-
7.5​
-
0​
Zaman Khan2023-2023
1​
0​
-
6.5​
-
0​

No advantage type of thing when it comes to Pakistan. They don't really know how to take advantage of conditions.

Pakistan need some genuine spinner and a solid middle order to win some games.

Unless Pakistan gets high quality spinner , it would be tough for them to win CT.

Pakistan's bowlers in ODI since 2020. Spinners barely did anything.
It would be easier to create seaming tracks that favours pacers and offer little turn. Not enough time for creating a bunch of competitive spinners, so need to focus on ensuring the pitches are favourable, ie. benefits pacers and more sedated defensive batting.

Pakistan only has one advantage. Assuming Babar azam is still our corrupt captain, he'll make sure to curate the pitches to have zero grass and be flat tracks, meaning he'll perform like he did in nz last year and against Nepal.

I don't mind it as India in 2023 also curated the pitches, However the only issue is that everyone else will start butchering Pakistan's bowling left and right and fans will be delusional once again because they'll see babar performing and everyone will be on cloud 9.

Pakistan only has one advantage. Assuming Babar azam is still our corrupt captain, he'll make sure to curate the pitches to have zero grass and be flat tracks, meaning he'll perform like he did in nz last year and against Nepal.

I don't mind it as India in 2023 also curated the pitches, However the only issue is that everyone else will start butchering Pakistan's bowling left and right and fans will be delusional once again because they'll see babar performing and everyone will be on cloud 9.
Keeping the pitches slow and low will make the pacers toothless. I though the NY pitch was perfect, had they gone with a better batting line up rather than simply 3 batsmen, would've won against US and India.

I don't think there will be any real home advantage
other sides have better batsmen who can better utilise the extensions of the national highway system

Pakistan won't have these sluggish wickets so hopefully our stat padders can do wonders here in the Champions Trophy.

Pakistan cricket team, better do well, I have a feeling that the crowd wont be merciful this time if they bungle this up.

Prepare spicy pitches that suit their bowlers and not flat tracks where they will lose 9 times out of 10.

I think that bouncy pitches should be made that support pacers. Flat tracks are not going to do Pakistan any favor. Home advantage should be used and play to your strength but as everybody knows, Pakistan is pretty bad at taking home advantage so not expecting much from them.

Pakistan would be the real winners for me if they host the tournament well and teams sing praises of the famous Pakistani hospitality, something most international players are yet to experience.

On field performances will just be a cherry on top, an unlikely cherry but it doesn't matter. We want the cake. <3

Back