[PICTURES] Is Australia reading from the same hymn sheet as India when it comes to not playing for political reasons?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So, the India position (or what is loosely known as such) about not playing Pakistan in bilateral series due to alleged terrorism/danger etc but magically playing in ICC tournaments is well known.

The Australian double standards are also interesting.

So, after refusing to indulge Afghanistan in a T20 series, Australia happily and without any comment running in to play against Afghanistan in an ICC tournament.

How does this work? Do they think people are blind?

It's complete B.S from Australia and everybody knows it. Surely irony is dead if a country that killed and colonized its native population is waxing lyrical about human rights. On top of that, as the U.S's lapdogs, Australian soldiers have committed all sorts of war crimes in Afghanistan in the name of "freedom."

Fact is that this is just an excuse for Australia to not have to play series against a low-value opposition. Instead of hiding behind this B.S excuse they should have the guts to admit that its not commercially beneficial to them like they did when they cancelled a bilateral series against Bangladesh years ago.

It is really pathetic though. We go after India for not playing against smaller teams, but when was the last time that Australia or England hosted Bangladesh or Afghanistan for even a bilateral T20 series?

You don't even have to host them in Sydney or Melbourne. You can host these matches in Darwin or Cairns during the off-season.

Surely irony is dead if a country that killed and colonized its native population is waxing lyrical about human rights
How is what happened centuries ago relevant today. Australia is one of the most progressive countries in the world and holds their women's team in great value, so it's not surprising that they don't want to play against a country run by the Taliban that has destroyed woman's sports and education
We go after India for not playing against smaller teams
Which is weird because we play against Zim, Sl, Bang and Afg more than Eng and Aus do

How is what happened centuries ago relevant today. Australia is one of the most progressive countries in the world and holds their women's team in great value, so it's not surprising that they don't want to play against a country run by the Taliban that has destroyed woman's sports and education

Which is weird because we play against Zim, Sl, Bang and Afg more than Eng and Aus do
What do Afghanistan's players and people have to do with the Taliban? They didn't elect the Taliban. Normal Afghans just want to live in peace and cricket has been one of the few silver linings for them as a nation in recent years. Australia's decision is selfish and contradictory. If they really believe in these values so much they shouldn't play Afghanistan in ICC tournaments either. It's the same thing of India not wanting to play bilateral series against Pakistan but playing Pakistan in ICC tournaments.

Either stand by your morals and values, or have the guts to admit the truth. You can't have your cake and eat it too. When Zimbabwe went through political upheaval in 2003 following Robert Mugabe's rise to power, England forfeited their World Cup group game against Zimbabwe and later suspended bilateral relations. Other teams who claim to stand up for what's right should have the balls to do the same. Because otherwise, you're just trying to insult everyone's intelligence and it couldn't be more obvious.

What do Afghanistan's players and people have to do with the Taliban? They didn't elect the Taliban. Normal Afghans just want to live in peace and cricket has been one of the few silver linings for them as a nation in recent years.
Why was Apartheid South Africa banned, even though normal South Africans didn't have anything to do with it

Why was Apartheid South Africa banned, even though normal South Africans didn't have anything to do with it
Apartheid was a racially motivated system designed to uphold white minority rule in all aspects of life from political to economic, cultural, legal, social and military. It was something that took place over decades and sought to dehumanize and treat the majority of the population of black Africans as second class citizens, while all their resources were stolen from them by the rich whites.

The Taliban's governance is based on a strict interpretation of Islamic law, with particular emphasis on controlling social behavior and gender roles. The Taliban are terrorists and truly awful people but there is still no comparison to what happened in South Africa during apartheid and what is happening in Afghanistan right now.

The only thing comparable to Apartheid is the racial segregation that took place the US and the apartheid that the Israelis have instituted in Palestine.

It's complete B.S from Australia and everybody knows it. Surely irony is dead if a country that killed and colonized its native population is waxing lyrical about human rights. On top of that, as the U.S's lapdogs, Australian soldiers have committed all sorts of war crimes in Afghanistan in the name of "freedom."

Fact is that this is just an excuse for Australia to not have to play series against a low-value opposition. Instead of hiding behind this B.S excuse they should have the guts to admit that its not commercially beneficial to them like they did when they cancelled a bilateral series against Bangladesh years ago.

It is really pathetic though. We go after India for not playing against smaller teams, but when was the last time that Australia or England hosted Bangladesh or Afghanistan for even a bilateral T20 series?

You don't even have to host them in Sydney or Melbourne. You can host these matches in Darwin or Cairns during the off-season.
Even though I'm a die hard aussie fan, I agree with you.

Apartheid was a racially motivated system designed to uphold white minority rule in all aspects of life from political to economic, cultural, legal, social and military. It was something that took place over decades and sought to dehumanize and treat the majority of the population of black Africans as second class citizens, while all their resources were stolen from them by the rich whites.

The Taliban's governance is based on a strict interpretation of Islamic law, with particular emphasis on controlling social behavior and gender roles. The Taliban are terrorists and truly awful people but there is still no comparison to what happened in South Africa during apartheid and what is happening in Afghanistan right now.

The only thing comparable to Apartheid is the racial segregation that took place the US and the apartheid that the Israelis have instituted in Palestine.
Wth??, the Taliban are worse. They are a bunch of terrorists who have murdered thousands of people.

Ask any woman, religious minority or a Homosexual how great they are.

And haven't the Taliban established Pashtun Islamic supremacy. Ask Hazaras, Balochis, Tajiks, Sikhs and the Hindus of Pakistan

Wth??, the Taliban are worse. They are a bunch of terrorists who have murdered thousands of people.

Ask any woman, religious minority or a Homosexual how great they are.

And haven't the Taliban established Pashtun Islamic supremacy. Ask Hazaras, Balochis, Tajiks, Sikhs and the Hindus of Pakistan

What did I call them above? And if they are so terrible then why don't ICC ban Afghanistan from cricket like they banned South Africa back in the day? Until they are an internationally recognized team there is no reason not to play them or use these selective morals when it suits you

Last edited by a moderator:
What did I call them above? And if they are so terrible then why don't ICC ban Afghanistan from cricket like they banned South Africa back in the day? Until they are an internationally recognized team there is no reason not to play them or use these selective morals when it suits you

Do you actually believe that present day Taliban controlled Afghanistan is better than pre 1963 America when they banned women from entering schools and still carry out terrorism?

Do you actually believe that present day Taliban controlled Afghanistan is better than pre 1963 America when they banned women from entering schools and still carry out terrorism?

I called them terrorists so clearly
. And nothing I said was inaccurate. Systematically keeping a majority of the population at a disadvantage from a political , economic, social, cultural standpoint after you colonized them for centuries is far worse than anything these terrorists are doing. Terrorists who were created by the US and Pakistan btw and weaponized when their country was bombed by the US in 2001. There were no Taliban before 1979.

In Afghanistan women don't have access to education. In apartheid South Africa black men and women didn't have access to anything, let alone education.

One issue with Australian cricket board is that they deemed cricket with afg team is only economically viable in Perth.But a lot of Afghans have settled in Perth as its the least expensive place and better suited for sub continental climate.So all the settled Afghans are putting immense pressure on the western Australian government and blocking the proposal.

Afghanistan's current stance on women are not compatible with the values of the commonwealth. They should be banned from cricket until they can fix their society or find another sport.

Everybody knows India not playing Pakistan in bilateral series, is strictly about Indian government hatred towards Pakistan's gov and army especially after 26/11 and the rise of Modi's BJP. BCCI is under the chokehold of the BJP regime. The current gov wants to hurt Pakistan financially and so far it has worked. A bilateral series is an avenue for revenue for Pakistan so that's not happening. And India's influence on ICC and other top playing nations is apparent.

There is nothing Pakistan can do about this as they have no influence on cricket or world affairs. All they can do is cry aloud but unfortunately there are no ears.
I hope things change soon and for the better.

Everyone likes boycotts when its suits its them & hates it when it does not suit them

Like Pakistan wants to boycott Coca Cola, Pepsi, MacDonalds coz of Gaza war but don't like that India does not play cricket against them

Also Pakistanis want to boycott US companies but have no issues playing T20 WC in USA despite their full support to Israel

So lets not preach to each other. Everyone is equally hypocritical

The moral code of the west doesn't deem it appropiate that's why.
Do you seriously not see the hypocrisy in condemning the Taliban while making light of the racist, white supremacist South African regime that oppressed black South Africans for centuries?

Btw, those white Afrikaner South Africans elected that racist regime to power so they had everything to do with it.

Everyone likes boycotts when its suits its them & hates it when it does not suit them

Like Pakistan wants to boycott Coca Cola, Pepsi, MacDonalds coz of Gaza war but don't like that India does not play cricket against them

Also Pakistanis want to boycott US companies but have no issues playing T20 WC in USA despite their full support to Israel

So lets not preach to each other. Everyone is equally hypocritical
How convenient of you to group all Pakistanis together. Yes, there are some people in Pakistan who staunchly follow this ban. There are others who don't. Remind me again though, what any of this has to do with cricket? Did the PCB make a specific statement where they said that they were going to isolate Israel?

Oh wait that was the other board running cricket in India. And they said that about Pakistan. How's that going btw?

Do you seriously not see the hypocrisy in condemning the Taliban while making light of the racist, white supremacist South African regime that oppressed black South Africans for centuries?

Btw, those white Afrikaner South Africans elected that racist regime to power so they had everything to do with it.
Don't u see the hypocrisy of supporting ban on women cricket using the excuse of Islamic law. Religion can never be used an excuse for any kind of discrimination - whether based on race or gender !

Don't u see the hypocrisy of supporting ban on women cricket using the excuse of Islamic law. Religion can never be used an excuse for any kind of discrimination - whether based on race or gender !
Who is supporting a ban on women's cricket under the excuse of Islamic law?

In ur earlier post , you are trying to justify the women ban - saying its Islamic law, way of controlling social behaviour & gender.

Let me make it clear. Banning women from sport / education is just as awful as banning black people !
Well I called them terrorists, so I don't know exactly what you're on saying I am defending them. I very accurately described what they are doing in Afghanistan so if you have trouble comprehending well-written English, that's your problem not mine. Nowhere did I say that what they are doing is okay or whether even applying Sharia Law to run a country is okay. Anything you or OP say regarding that is purely a figment of your imagination that you have dreamt up because of your poor comprehension skills.

I was stating a very obvious fact that there is a difference between what happened in South Africa and what is happening in Afghanistan right now. I never brought South Africa into the argument, OP did. Taliban are not democratically elected or even supported by the majority of the population. Apartheid in South Africa did have widespread popular public support among Afrikaner whites, and that National Party regime was democratically elected by those same whites. Also important to note that Taliban did not come into being out of thin air. They are a direct result of the U.S's destructive short-sighted policies in South Asia and the rest of the world. Again, not comparable to a centuries long systemic discrimination and subjugation of the majority of a country's population by its colonizers.

That does not mean that what is going in Afghanistan isn't deeply condemnable and horrific on multiple levels. Not to mention, a violation of the basic human rights of Afghans. But if you seriously can;'t see the difference between one thing and the other, then you need to brush up on your history, not me.

Taliban is worse off for gays, women and ethnic and religious minorities than apartheid South Africa was
As opposed to 80% of a country's population that includes, men, women and children?

You're making yourself look like a fool. Just read a book or a Wikipedia page on apartheid bro.

India at least has a legit reason due to Kashmir insurgency.

Australia should play Afghanistan. They have no bilateral issues or border issues. It’s time to accept Taliban as a legit government. It’s Afghanistan’s internal issue. They can’t be in power without public support for this long.

I am a fan of Aussie cricket but they are being complete fruitcakes with this issue.

Australia need to respect Afghan culture.

Guys if you want to discuss in detail about the Taliban regime then following is the appropriate thread, Thanks

Taliban to Afghanistan cricket team. How are they related?

Afghanistan men's team has nothing to do with external factors.

Guys if you want to discuss in detail about the Taliban regime then following is the appropriate thread, Thanks

No offence but when you start a thread with this kind of a subject, you should be prepared for it to go in these sorts of directions. The topic of the thread is inherently political.

This coming from a guy who questioned what South Africans had to do with Apartheid?
This was in response to you saying what does Afghanistan have to do with the Taliban.

I gave you an example of how innocent people are sometimes unfairly punished for their country having an oppressive government

I am a fan of Aussie cricket but they are being complete fruitcakes with this issue.

Australia need to respect Afghan culture.
Not all cultures are worth respecting, especially if they deny half the population the right to an education.

Cope

It is hilarious a typical Indian poster is trying to tie Taliban to Afghanistan cricket team. How are they related?

Afghanistan men's team has nothing to do with external factors.
How about you have the courage to quote me directly, there's no point in doing all this.

And why are Pakistani and Bangladeshi posters so quick to rush to the Talibans defense 🤨

At the end of the day, it all boils down to this. Either ban Afghanistan from international cricket or stop using this B.S excuse as way to dodge playing a series with them because you won't make enough money from that series.

What have their fans or players (that never actually voted the Taliban into power) done to deserve this? Its bad enough to have your country destroyed by war for over 40 years. Now you have to hear some freakin' Australian lecture you about human rights, when you are living that reality everyday. Especially when that Australian's countrymen had a hand in committing all sorts of nasty war crimes in your country.

Incase you are confused what I'm talking about, the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) led by NATO that committed all sorts of war crimes in Afghanistan included troops from the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France and Australia. There are literally body cam videos of Australian soldiers perusing innocent Afghan civilians to brutally murder them.

I guess irony is dead.

Not all cultures are worth respecting, especially if they deny half the population the right to an education.

Cope
What about cultures that systematically disenfranchise a segment of their population based on religion? Or is that not what the CAA and NRC are?

Is Afghanistan men's team = Taliban?

Is that your argument?
No, my argument is that when your country is ruled by oppressive nutjobs, other fields like sports suffer because people don't like associating with that country in any way

What about cultures that systematically disenfranchise a segment of their population based on religion? Or is that not what the CAA and NRC are?

Open a thread on TP and i will tell you how categorically misinformed you arw about CAA and NRC

Just curious .... does someone calling me a sanghi, hindutva, chaddi, bigot, bhagwa etc count as personal attacks? 🤔
Calling someone Chaddi, bigot is quite offensive and plz do report such posts so they could be removed if missed

No, my argument is that when your country is ruled by oppressive nutjobs, other fields like sports suffer because people don't like associating with that country in any way
If that were true then India would be an international pariah lol.

How does a law passed by a Parliament equal to culture though.

How does the CAA discriminate against Indian Muslims, it grants amnesty to religious minorities in Islamic states.

When it comes to the NRC, I have problems with it along with many others but the NRC has negatively affected many Hindus too

Afghanistan is breaking an ICC rule by not having a women's cricket team.

The ICC is bending rules for them.

Taliban is worse off for gays, women and ethnic and religious minorities than apartheid South Africa was
Have you written to BCCI or Indian institutions to lobby them against playing with Afghanistan?

You seem quite happy for the Aussies to fight this battle alone.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to this. Either ban Afghanistan from international cricket or stop using this B.S excuse as way to dodge playing a series with them because you won't make enough money from that series.

What have their fans or players (that never actually voted the Taliban into power) done to deserve this? Its bad enough to have your country destroyed by war for over 40 years. Now you have to hear some freakin' Australian lecture you about human rights, when you are living that reality everyday. Especially when that Australian's countrymen had a hand in committing all sorts of nasty war crimes in your country.

Incase you are confused what I'm talking about, the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) led by NATO that committed all sorts of war crimes in Afghanistan included troops from the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France and Australia. There are literally body cam videos of Australian soldiers perusing innocent Afghan civilians to brutally murder them.

I guess irony is dead.
Aussies have granted refuge to Afghans women cricket team.

They cannot therefore host the Taliban sponsored men's team in their country.

We have to respect their stance here.

So, the India position (or what is loosely known as such) about not playing Pakistan in bilateral series due to alleged terrorism/danger etc but magically playing in ICC tournaments is well known.

The Australian double standards are also interesting.

So, after refusing to indulge Afghanistan in a T20 series, Australia happily and without any comment running in to play against Afghanistan in an ICC tournament.

How does this work? Do they think people are blind?
How many European countries are boycotting the Olympics because Russia is playing in it?? 1980 Moscow boycott wasn't worth it. India boycotts bilateral cricket with Pakistan but plays other sports and will very likely play in SAFF games in Lahore next year.

How many Islamic countries are boycotting the Paris Olympics because Israel is playing in it??
Its just political, Israel got booted from Asian block(Asian games, AFC etc) for sports but Arab block doesn't have the clout to kick Israel from Olympics. Some countries don't even recognize Israel but are ready to be present at a sporting event where Israel plays and sends nearly 100 athletes to compete. (I will say among Iran atleast boycotts with passion and remains steadfast compared to other Muslim nations)

All these "moral outrages and boycotts" are a matter of convenience nothing else. Everyone has been doing it and will continue to do it.

Well Pakistan is already one, so looks it is true
Seems like you are okay with applying your selective morals to a wartorn country like Afghanistan that is suffering from far bigger problems than women's rights like water scarcity, food shortage and crippling poverty. But when it comes to talking about your own country you conveniently ignore the fact that it also happens to be run by an oppressive nutjob, that was democratically elected into power.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Everybody knows India not playing Pakistan in bilateral series, is strictly about Indian government hatred towards Pakistan's gov and army especially after 26/11 and the rise of Modi's BJP. BCCI is under the chokehold of the BJP regime. The current gov wants to hurt Pakistan financially and so far it has worked. A bilateral series is an avenue for revenue for Pakistan so that's not happening. And India's influence on ICC and other top playing nations is apparent.

There is nothing Pakistan can do about this as they have no influence on cricket or world affairs. All they can do is cry aloud but unfortunately there are no ears.
I hope things change soon and for the better.
This particular point has been made several times over the years on this forum. I disagree. No one is stopping the PCB from being financially successful. They are free to go and make their own money and thrive.

Why do you want the PCB to rely on India? That seems to be exactly similar to the ICC strategy. They have a large audience to cater to, they can generate their own $$$ towards success. Not sit and cry about why BCCI will not give them money. Which is what the PCB bosses do (with their constant statements) and quite a few posters on this forum.

Pull up your socks and get to work PCB.

This particular point has been made several times over the years on this forum. I disagree. No one is stopping the PCB from being financially successful. They are free to go and make their own money and thrive.

Why do you want the PCB to rely on India? That seems to be exactly similar to the ICC strategy. They have a large audience to cater to, they can generate their own $$$ towards success. Not sit and cry about why BCCI will not give them money. Which is what the PCB bosses do (with their constant statements) and quite a few posters on this forum.

Pull up your socks and get to work PCB.

ECB is the only board that has actually tried to innovate on its own do something about expanding the appeal of cricket in other markets. India will remain the epicenter of Cricket money like NBA is for basketball. One cannot overturn the maths overnight.

Cricket is an an expensive game. Apart from the big 3, cricket cannot survive in other boards on their own. Generating new revenue is not easy in sports, look at how much Saudi and china have spent on football with absolutely no returns.

The thing is that ICC should step up in these kinds of matters but we know hey won't for obvious reasons. If a team is not wiling to play another team due to whatever reason, then this should stay same for every event as well. By 2 faced policies??

Justice has been served for Australia. They got beaten by a team they refused to play against in a bilateral. Sweet revenge.
Revenge for what?

Didn't a one legged Maxwell bury these Afghans in one of the most historical performances in cricket after they refused to play a bilateral?

In ur earlier post , you are trying to justify the women ban - saying its Islamic law, way of controlling social behaviour & gender.

Let me make it clear. Banning women from sport / education is just as awful as banning black people !

Women playing sports is a waste of resources and time. Only countries with a lot of wealth can afford it. For the rest it's a ridiculous waste of resources just so women can feel they are American.

After Afghanistan's famous victory over Australia in their Super 8 encounter at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024, Afghanistan captain Rashid Khan said during the post-match press conference:

[Reporter:]

Is there any extra level of feeling beating Australia given they've declined to play against Afghanistan in bilateral cricket recently?

Just in terms of the satisfaction of beating Australia or the emotion of beating Australia? Is there any more to that because Australia has declined to play against Afghanistan recently?

[Rashid Khan:]

Well, we the sportsmen and we love sports. People back home, they love sports. And I mentioned earlier, cricket is the only source of happiness back home. That's the only source left in Afghanistan where people could celebrate. And if we keep that source away from us as well, I don't know where Afghanistan will remain. Nowadays, all around the world, if you go somewhere, you ask someone, I'm from Afghanistan. The next thing he says, any of the cricketer name that he's playing there, he's playing there. But once you take this source and happiness as well from us, I think it's going to be hard for us.

So, we the sportsmen, we only think about the cricket. As we all the time, everyone is saying, sports bring the nation together and bring everyone together. So, for me, we're always happy to play against any side, and that's the only way where our cricket can get improving day by day. Some things, which is not under the control of anyone in cricket, and that's something we can't do anything about it. Wish we could do something, and wish that was a kind of solution for it, we would have been happy, but I don't know what's the solution for that. But we as a nation, that's the only source where we could play, enjoy, bring happiness to the country, and we get better day by day.

So, we're happy to play any side, but some - as I mentioned earlier, some things, government, and political things, I don't know much about these things and I don't like it as well. So, I have no answer for this, but my only thing always in the mind is I love to play against the big teams. I love to travel all around the world to play and I have received so much so much love from everyone. Whenever I go to Australia in Big Bash, I think I have got so much love and support from the fans there. They have given me so much love. Even though in 2022 World Cup, when we were playing in Adelaide against Australia, I got more support than them. And that was so satisfying. Playing here in Australia, I'm from Afghanistan and I'm getting that massive support and every city I go the huge amount of support is there and people loves giving me so much loves in that hospitality, especially the tough days in 2019 my dad passed away so that was the hardest time for me when I was in Australia. And the amount of love and support I got from everyone in the team, and also the fans, I think I call them a family.

So, I have so much fans there, so much people there. But as I said, I love to play everywhere all around the world. And those things which are not under the control, and cricket is not the solution, I don't think we can bring sports into that. If there is other solution, you can take that. But don't think cricket is the solution of politics and things like that. So, yeah, if we play in World Cup, why don't we play in bilateral series? I think we're happy to play against the best side. We learn from them. We get better day by day. But that's the only thing I can say.

Women playing sports is a waste of resources and time. Only countries with a lot of wealth can afford it. For the rest it's a ridiculous waste of resources just so women can feel they are American.
Wow .so if a women chess legend comes from pak,she will be thoroughly denounced by u and pak .

Go and tell to the below people even though they are more talented than any of us here , they are not lucky enough to born as men

The Aussie standard is very clear.

They are against the Afghan Cricket Boards stance on women's cricket and do not want to host them in their country because they support the woman's game. However, it is not their responsibility if the ICC allow the Afghans to play ICC tournaments despite their board breaking the law.

They are not advocating a cultural boycott of Afghanistan. Their stance is clear and consistent.

When it came to South Africa there was a cultural boycott of their country and a boycott of cricket. In the case of South Africa all countries felt the same and they were removed from the game.

Indians stance is neither clear nor consistent. They make it up as they go along.

Hmm, so what are the aussie soldiers doing in Afghanistan? What about their own natives?
Aussies look at the mirror please. This is not a way to force human rights agendas, only good diplomacy can solve issues in Afghanistan. India does the same with Pakistan, it does not help tbh.

Usman Khawaja wants Australia to end its ban on Afghanistan, he said at an event in Melbourne:

“I personally think yes we should be playing Afghanistan.”

“I am sympathetic to both sides of the puzzle. I totally respect and agree with a lot of aspects of the stance Cricket Australia has in terms of women’s cricket in Afghanistan, but there’s also another side to it, of promoting and growing the game."

“This is the second time Australia have backed out of a bilateral series, and I talked to Rashid Khan. He was really disappointed, more so because the Afghanistan people love cricket, and for them cricket is one of the few things they enjoy and brings happiness, and the fact they were going to play Australia was going to be huge, and they don’t get to see that now. So it actually hurts the people, and the people are separate from the government."

“When you look at it in that respect, you hurt people. And also the players have stood up for the exact same cause as CA has. Rashid has shown me his tweets, and that’s tough to do playing for Afghanistan. So then he said all you’re doing is depriving us players, too. We want to play the best team in the world and we can’t.”

“It’s a little bit hypocritical too if we say no we’re not going to play Afghanistan, but then allowing Afghanistan cricketers to play in the BBL.”

“We’re benefiting in the BBL from having Afghanistani players, but we’re giving no benefits back by playing them. So how can we benefit from Afghanistani cricketers in the BBL but then say we’re not going to play against you in a bilateral series?”

The Aussie standard is very clear.

They are against the Afghan Cricket Boards stance on women's cricket and do not want to host them in their country because they support the woman's game. However, it is not their responsibility if the ICC allow the Afghans to play ICC tournaments despite their board breaking the law.

They are not advocating a cultural boycott of Afghanistan. Their stance is clear and consistent.

When it came to South Africa there was a cultural boycott of their country and a boycott of cricket. In the case of South Africa all countries felt the same and they were removed from the game.

Indians stance is neither clear nor consistent. They make it up as they go along.
Actually, it is the opposite. The BCCI stance has been the exact same for past decade or more. Has not changed at all.

Ind will not play Pak in bilateral cricket. Will play ICC/ACC organized tournaments. It's very clear and consistent.

India will not play Pakistan due to major unfulfilled historical differences. Indian government wants to hurt Pakistan financially, the policy that everybody knows after 26/11 which most Indians will never forgive and forget. That being said, its about time India and Pakistan come to some kind of diplomatic agreement and start playing bilateral series and opening trade. For this to work though Pakistan needs a stable government(non military run) and this has been the problem all throughout.

India will not play Pakistan due to major unfulfilled historical differences. Indian government wants to hurt Pakistan financially, the policy that everybody knows after 26/11 which most Indians will never forgive and forget. That being said, its about time India and Pakistan come to some kind of diplomatic agreement and start playing bilateral series and opening trade. For this to work though Pakistan needs a stable government(non military run) and this has been the problem all throughout.

All that is great but how does the blood of the slain Indians not matter (magically) when they are playing in ICC tournaments?

Same applies to Australia and their cause of protecting women's rights in Afghanistan. Do the girls deprived of education (magically) go into complete their schooling during the Super 8 game against Afghanistan?

All that is great but how does the blood of the slain Indians not matter (magically) when they are playing in ICC tournaments?

Same applies to Australia and their cause of protecting women's rights in Afghanistan. Do the girls deprived of education (magically) go into complete their schooling during the Super 8 game against Afghanistan?
Its all about revenue distribution. Pakistan stands to make much more out of bilateral series at home especially with India due to TV rights and local businesses than ICC tournaments where that money indirectly comes to Indias pocket. ICC is Indias puppet and just not be accused directly they have nicely cozied with Australia and England in this.

India will do it usual tactics of wrangling ICC's arm to having their matches played abroad when Pakistan hosts these tournaments. These hateful tactics will come back to bite them eventually.

India will do it usual tactics of wrangling ICC's arm to having their matches played abroad when Pakistan hosts these tournaments. These hateful tactics will come back to bite them eventually.
Tamils saying when you guys got lankan players banned from playing in the Chepauk during an IPL season is so funny.

Let's host the Lankan team at the Chepauk and let's allow 1000s of their fans to come to Chennai and wave their flags.

Let's hope it doesn't trigger some PTSD

I applaud Australian position on not playing bilateral series as that would give message of legitimacy to Taliban’s rule. I also think it is no hypocrisy if Afg players are allowed to participate in BBL. They are participating as individuals on their own. Of course it is up to Afg players to choose to participate in BBL or not.

I am biggest supporter of Afg players and want them to succeed. But Taliban has to know that not everyone is okay with how they treat women there. It is just unbelievable in 21st century. More countries should take stand on it.

I agree. India should not play Pakistan in ICC tournaments either.

Australia wouldn't be resorting to double standards if ICC actually did its job and banned Afganistan.

And is it even double standards? Australia is boycotting Afganistan, not tournaments. Players can't give up on the biggest professional accomplishments just because ICC as an organization has failed Afgan women.

For me atleast, their stance stays consistent despite them playing Afganistan in the ICC tournaments.

Both Australia and India made a stance against Afghanistan and Pakistan that they will not play against them in any series respectively.

How come this stance vanishes when ICC tournaments come? Make up your mind if you have stood for a cause (if it is true in your minds according to you) and not play against them anywhere,

Back