[PICTURES] Shan Masood named Karachi Kings captain for PSL 9

Shan has been below average as far as his own batting is concerned. He needs to lead from the front which he is not doing so atm.

Shan has achieved nothing in international cricket to give any hope for improvement in leagues, especially aged 34/35

Apparently, this is the worst season of PSL that Shan Masood is having. Today, he owes a big innings for Karachi Kings.

k08IC3v.jpg

It is so hard to believe that a rubbish player like him is the Test captain and also a PSL captain. It is utterly ridiculous.

This is what happens when you pursue captaincy when in reality you are not even a T20 player.

With such pathetic perfoemance as a leader, it surely makes you look and feel embarrassed.

1709487440716.jpeg1709487419948.jpeg

They had won 2 from 3, and I thought maybe they could surprise people with their old squad
And now 2 from 6
And now its looking tough for them. Just totally out-preformed

Apparently, this is the worst season of PSL that Shan Masood is having. Today, he owes a big innings for Karachi Kings.

k08IC3v.jpg

Crazy stats lol

His best season was averaging under 40 with a strike rate below 140.

Salman Iqbal and that Azhar dude should be arrested for putting the fans through this misery.

PCB needs to somehow replace Karachi Kings with Sialkot Stallions.

Karachi once again have failed to build a sustainable team and it is a real shame considering they had a core (Sharjeel, Imad and Amir) which they could have built up from

No wonder Karachi is in deep crisis. They have now traded the above “core” with the worst opener in Pakistan history who also happens to be their captain now and a washed up Malik.

The only success Karachi has ever achieved was because of Babar’s brilliance and he is the only reason for their relevance.

He carried the franchise on his back for years but Karachi thought they can do better without him and we have seen the results so far.

Second from bottom last year under the leadership of the great cricketing mind Imad and they will finish below the failed captain Babar’s Peshawar for the second consecutive edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder Karachi is in deep crisis. They have now traded the above “core” with the worst opener in Pakistan history who also happens to be their captain now and a washed up Malik.

The only success Karachi has ever achieved was because of Babar’s brilliance and he is the only reason for their relevance.

He carried the franchise on his back for years but Karachi thought they can do better without him and we have seen the results so far.

Second from bottom last year under the leadership of the great cricketing mind Imad and they will finish below the failed captain Babar’s Peshawar for the second consecutive edition.
@CerebralPatriot

My point is that Karachi was in deep trouble to begin with if their core consisted of two mediocre players (Sharjeel and Imad) and a washed up player (Amir).

They have traded a laughable core for Masood and Malik, one of whom is the worst batsman in Pakistan’s history and the other is washed up as well.

No wonder Karachi is the worst run franchise. The only player that kept them relevant all these years was Babar and they never valued him the way they should have.

It is the curse of the Karachi kings franchise that Shan is also looking a tail-ender. Karachi Kings has proven to be the worst side to be playing for if you are a good player. Shan Masood was doing fine with in Multan Sultan but his Karachi kings move has back fired for him.

The luckiest cricketer in Pakistan history.

Zero ability, 10 years of rubbish performances and yet he finds himself as one of the leaders and highest paid cricketers in Pakistan.

It is absolutely ridiculous how much leverage and supported he has enjoyed from the PCB.

The most pathetic batsman to ever play a significant number of matches for Pakistan.

This guy is a trash player - a seriously awful player who must have someone by tight of a very long rope.

Misbah ul Haq pointing flaws in Shane's poor playing technique against left arm off spinners.

Even if Shan rectifies these flaws, what will he achieve as a T20 opener?
he cant achieve anything in white ball cricket dont know who suggested KK to bring him in as a captain. He is only a liability for the team nothing more than that!

he cant achieve anything in white ball cricket dont know who suggested KK to bring him in as a captain. He is only a liability for the team nothing more than that!
This is why I find it baffling at how this panel of so called experts are so much focused on making him work for some reason. He’s not 21 years old. He hasn’t shown that he is capable of becoming a Warner type batsman anytime in his career…so why are they so obsessed with him? They don’t give 10% of the attention they give to Shan to players like Sahibzada Farhan, Saud Shaqeel, Saim Syub, Mohammad Harris. Why is Shan so special to Misbah and Hafeez? They speak of him as if they are speaking about Saeed Anwar

This is why I find it baffling at how this panel of so called experts are so much focused on making him work for some reason. He’s not 21 years old. He hasn’t shown that he is capable of becoming a Warner type batsman anytime in his career…so why are they so obsessed with him? They don’t give 10% of the attention they give to Shan to players like Sahibzada Farhan, Saud Shaqeel, Saim Syub, Mohammad Harris. Why is Shan so special to Misbah and Hafeez? They speak of him as if they are speaking about Saeed Anwar
Give all these players rich, influential board member daddies and problem solved.

Too bad you'll have to alter the very laws of our reality for that to happen.

Don't know who,

answer: his pcb board director dad.

He's a rubbish player and I agree with you completly

Today I heard Hafeez say:

“If Shan, Nawaz and Vince fire, Karachi Kings will be unstoppable”

Yeah I mean the opposition are just there with players who are inferior to these three?

Today I heard Hafeez say:

“If Shan, Nawaz and Vince fire, Karachi Kings will be unstoppable”

Yeah I mean the opposition are just there with players who are inferior to these three?
I thought vince was good? I haven't seen him or watched him in a while, but I thought James vince was decent, just not good enough to be in the main squad ahead of players like Hales, bairstow etc.

I thought vince was good? I haven't seen him or watched him in a while, but I thought James vince was decent, just not good enough to be in the main squad ahead of players like Hales, bairstow etc.
Yeah Vince is decent, but I’m more surprised at how Hafeez just disregards the guns in the opposition when making statements as such.

If these 3 fire…well what if Hales and Munro just clear the house like they did the last time they played Karachi? What if Jason Roy just wipes the floor with the competition but racking up a 40 ball ton? What if Russow finds that dangerous form?

As Pakistani experts, they seem to never take into account the full picture.

I think all these so-called experts are just impressed by his English speaking skills which is fascinating them more to consider him a Don Bradman of this era.

I think all these so-called experts are just impressed by his English speaking skills which is fascinating them more to consider him a Don Bradman of this era.
This doesn't even make any sense?

That's like I apply to become a chef but the hr department is more concerned about my English speaking skills then my ability to actually do cook and bring food to the table?

Same analogy here, how does solid English speaking skills equate to leadership skills + the ability to actually bat and score runs properly?

Our pakistani experts are just crazy I swear.

This doesn't even make any sense?

That's like I apply to become a chef but the hr department is more concerned about my English speaking skills then my ability to actually do cook and bring food to the table?

Same analogy here, how does solid English speaking skills equate to leadership skills + the ability to actually bat and score runs properly?

Our pakistani experts are just crazy I swear.
Speak good few words of english fluently, and days are not far that even I can become the captain of karachi kings or even Pakistan. Because shan was made test captain just because he is educated and well spoken.

Speak good few words of english fluently, and days are not far that even I can become the captain of karachi kings or even Pakistan. Because shan was made test captain just because he is educated and well spoken.
You would do a better job then shan trust me. Atleast you'd take it seriously knowing you don't have a fallback option via your dad.

Shan Masood with the bat is a disaster in this PSL 9. Today, he scored 24 (16) against Lahore Qalandars. It is his last season with Karachi Kings as captain and player because they will not retain him for next season.

This is the “most improved” player and leader that some people were championing. Hilarious.

Shan is the most pathetic batsman to ever play substantial number of matches for Pakistan and the fact that he is the Test captain and a PSL captain is pure comedy.

Truly mind boggling how this guy not only continues to play the PSL but even become a captain!

Of course, even more shameful is the fact that this guy is Pakistan team’s Test captain.

What’s happening!?!?!!

Shan's pathetic season should be over now and so is his PSL captaincy stint. The most he can do is to be picked for the supplementary category for the next PSL.

It was a good move by shan but still his own form with the bat is not up to the mark. He should sit on the bench and let somebody more deserving to play instead.

-------------------------

Mishbah-ul-Haq on Shan Masood's decision to demote himself during the match between Karachi Kings and Lahore Qalandars:

"It’s crucial to utilize the power play on slow pitches. In the first six overs, they managed to score 58 runs without losing a wicket. This set the tone for the match and allowed them to stay in the game till the end. Although scoring runs was challenging, the start they got gave the middle order a chance to spend some time on the pitch. The required run rate was under control, going up to a maximum of 11.5. Normally, when you don’t get a start in the power play, the run rate escalates to 15 by the time you reach the 14-15 over mark, which becomes unattainable. I think that’s the difference here. They play fairly on slow pitches here and utilize the bounce. Any foreign player who comes here enjoys playing on such slow pitches. The new ball comes nicely onto the bat, and they utilize it well."

"When Shan Masood came to the crease, he was positive. He had good running between the wickets, especially since the boundary here was a bit larger. I think he wanted to win the match, which is why his body language was as such."

Last edited:
“Shan Masood has improved a lot” is the biggest myth & lie that has been sold by his delusional fans over the last 3-4 years.

He was, is and always will be garbage.

KARACHI: Shan Masood, the captain of Karachi Kings, expressed satisfaction over his team’s performance in the ongoing HBL PSL 9.

During the press conference after a thrilling match against Peshawar Zalmi, Masood stated that Karachi Kings played good cricket throughout the tournament.

“I am satisfied with the performance of Karachi Kings in this season. We lost two close games, which we could have won if we avoided small mistakes. But this is part of the game,” said the left-handed batter.
“Our team was hit with an unfortunate situation with 13 of our players falling ill in the middle of the tournament. It dented our plans as we had to make changes to our combination.

“Meanwhile, we also had to rely on other results, but they did not go in our favour.”

Talking about his own performance, Shan Masood expressed disappointment over his batting performance.
“I admit that I could not perform at my best this season. I have given performances in previous seasons of HBL PSL and wanted to replicate them in this season, but unfortunately, it did not happen,” he remarked.Karachi Kings lost their last group match against Peshawar Zalmi by a narrow two-run margin after a thrilling last over.

“The wicket was tricky and we made some small mistakes, while Peshawar Zalmi bowled well, resulting in their victory,” said Karachi Kings’ captain.

Shan Masood also appreciated young spinner Arafat Minhas for his impressive performance against Peshawar Zalmi. Arafat claimed one wicket for 11 runs in his four overs.

“Arafat [Minhas] performed brilliantly, taking full advantage of the conditions. He came into the squad this year along with 6 other players who have never played in the HBL PSL before.

“We gave chances to the youngsters according to the situation and made sure that they get the right mentorship from the senior players.”

Source: Karachi Kings

Back