[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Nahid Rana: Express speedster from Bangladesh

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
ER31Ksy.png

M67GYnd.png

Nahid Rana (born 2 October 2002) is a Bangladeshi cricketer, who is a right-arm fast bowler. He plays for the Rajshahi Division cricket team in domestic cricket. Nahid made his first-class debut on 31 October 2021, for Rajshahi Division in the 2021–22 National Cricket League.

On 31 October 2022, he claimed his maiden five-wicket haul in first-class cricket, against Barishal Division in the 2022–23 National Cricket League. He was the second highest-wicket taker in the tournament, picking up 32 wickets.

In January 2023, he was selected to play for Khulna Tigers in the 2022–23 Bangladesh Premier League. He made his Twenty20 debut on 24 January 2023, for Khulna Tigers in that tournament. In his debut match, he took 1 wicket conceding 20 runs from 4 overs, and grabbed everyone's attention by constantly bowling around 140-148 km/h.

He made his List A debut on 21 March 2023, for Shinepukur Cricket Club in the 2022–23 Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League.

In September 2023, he was named in Bangladesh's squad for the 2023 Asian Games. In March 2024, he earned his maiden call-up to the Bangladesh's Test squad for their series against Sri Lanka. He made his Test debut for Bangladesh on 22 March 2024, against Sri Lanka.

His real test will be against India in the upcoming series.

He’s raw but height and pace make him a good prospect. Will be one to keep an eye out for

Great to see. Shows all our lazy bowlers that you can actually bend your back in tests without the fear of falling apart.

His real test will be against India in the upcoming series.
Not the coming series. He is still raw, will be wacked all over the park by indian batters. If he hones his skills and turns out to be a better bowler than we can talk about tests

Sheer pace and struggling Babar Azam, Nahid Rana is consistently bowling at 140+ kph, no wonder he got the prized wicket of Babar Azam, who seemed helpless in front of his line and length.

Last edited:
Pace like fire.

Never thought we would see an express pacer emerging from Bangladesh at a time Ian Harvey is being remembered as a pace legend in Pakistan.

Only pace will not be enough. He needs to learn the skills. Anyone know what happened to the indian bowler who cracked 157? Don't see him in indian team now a days

Could have had Rizwan for the second time but Shadman had to drop him. Hope we hire back Alan Donald, he will do wonders for Rana.

Nahid Rana (4/44) delivered a notable performance in 2nd Innings against Pakistan in 2nd Test

Good to see some pacers from BD doing well. He needs to develop some skills. If you can move ball both ways at high speed then it's hard for any batsman.

Almost all of his wickets were catches or caught behinds.

Some of the wickets happened because batters were impatient and they fished outside of off stumps.

Better opponents are unlikely to gift away wickets like this.

I feel like Nahid should attack the stumps more.

Some of the wickets happened because batters were impatient and they fished outside of off stumps.

Agreed, I wouldn't pick him against India.

Don't think the Pakistani team think tank thought that Bangladeshi pacers would be more potent than the Pakistani pace attack this series.

Overall the Pakistani think tank showed complete dis respect to Bangladesh this series which was evident by the hasty declaration in the first test.

The Pakistani team psychologically never recovered from the first test loss.

Bangladesh has bossed Pakistan on all fronts this series ie pace bowling, batting, lower order resistance, spin bowling, captaincy.

Reactions: IAJ

This is called attacking the fourth/fifth stump , putting the ball in such a line that the batsman will be indecisive about playing the shot or defending.

All credit goes to Nahid for the wickets. Some of those wickets also fell because the Pakistan batsman couldn't time the ball properly due to the pace and bounce.

Nothing wrong in testing batsmen on 4th stump.

I dislike it when India has fast bowlers.

But Bangladeshi fast bowlers fills me with pride. I hope the lad has a good career.

Entirely optional but I recommend he grows his hair out, styles it with brylcreem or mustard oil and unbuttons his top three buttons. Perhaps chains too

Fastest ball was 152 kph to Shan Masood in the first innings.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 3.19.10 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 3.19.10 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
This is called attacking the fourth/fifth stump , putting the ball in such a line that the batsman will be indecisive about playing the shot or defending.

All credit goes to Nahid for the wickets. Some of those wickets also fell because the Pakistan batsman couldn't time the ball properly due to the pace and bounce.

It was a bit one-dimensional. He needs more control over line and length.

But, he is new. Hopefully he will improve further.

Nahid Rana is a genuine talent and can help Bangladesh finish competition in the tier 3 and become the leader in that group. I think they’re going to dominate Pakistan, Sri Lanka type teams for a while now.

Back