[VIDEO/PICTURES] Mayank Yadav, another speed gun from India a.k.a The New Delhi Express

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Mayank Yadav is an Indian cricketer. He plays for Delhi in domestic cricket, and Lucknow Super Giants in the Indian Premier League. He is a bowler who bowls right-arm fast and bats right-handed.

He made his professional, and Twenty20 debut for Delhi against Manipur, on 11 October 2022. He made his List A debut for Delhi against Haryana, on December 12, 2022.One day after his List A, he made his first-class debut for Delhi against Maharashtra.

In February 2023, he was bought by Lucknow Super Giants for the 2023 Indian Premier League season for Rs. 20 Lakhs.

He also bowled the fastest delivery in IPL history today against PBKS.

1711822059559.png

Unlike some of the others he was known only to pace bowling loving Indian fans. Many Indian fans would have heard of him for the first time only after this match.

This guy has some serious pace.
UuCsbiG.jpeg

Serious pace. How long before we see him in national colours ?

When India run out of all the Kumars and at that time Unadkat is retired, Mayank might get a chance.

He doesn't believe in any slow balls. Tonight he didn't bowl and ball under 140 kph.

Gysa6yE.png

Never heard of this guy before. I normally associate Yadavs with spinners. This Yadav is a different breed :akhtar

Indian pacers usually fall apart after 1 to 2 years. It seems he was sidelined for 1 year due to hamstring tear or something. Hopefully he stays fit. Too many bowlers got destroyed by injuries coming from India.

Never heard of this guy before. I normally associate Yadavs with spinners. This Yadav is a different breed :akhtar

Indian pacers usually fall apart after 1 to 2 years. It seems he was sidelined for 1 year due to hamstring tear or something. Hopefully he stays fit. Too many bowlers got destroyed by injuries coming from India.
Never heard of Umesh Yadav?

Champions trophy winner JP Yadav?
That guy was a good domestic player, not good enough for international cricket. And he was an allrounder. Don't understand why is he being trolled just because someone sharing same surname has done well.

That guy was a good domestic player, not good enough for international cricket. And he was an allrounder. Don't understand why is he being trolled just because someone sharing same surname has done well.
Its not trolling brother. We all love honest domestic players. He served his domestic teams with distinction. But his selection was symptom of our bare cupboards.

Akash deep was bowling at good pace in the English test hurrying the entire top order. Look what happened to him. They dropped him next Test. This management is such an useless management. Even guys like Jurel, Padikkal were thrust into the mix by Agarkar even though TM didn't want them. If India needs to handle transition better they need to let Dravid go.

Akash deep was bowling at good pace in the English test hurrying the entire top order. Look what happened to him. They dropped him next Test. This management is such an useless management. Even guys like Jurel, Padikkal were thrust into the mix by Agarkar even though TM didn't want them. If India needs to handle transition better they need to let Dravid go.
Akashdeep bowled well but we won't have dropped Siraj even if Dravid wasn't our coach.

Its not trolling brother. We all love honest domestic players. He served his domestic teams with distinction. But his selection was symptom of our bare cupboards.
I don't understand the need of bringing surnames here. Or maybe some posters have not followed this player before so they don't have anything useful to contribute on this thread so they have resorted to this surname games.

I don't understand the need of bringing surnames here. Or maybe some posters have not followed this player before so they don't have anything useful to contribute on this thread so they have resorted to this surname games.
That poster is stereotyping baes on his hateful worldview. Ignore him.

Yadavs are like Jats & Gurjars. Hardy rural folks who used to be dairy farmers and traditionally more involved in physical sports like wrestling & kabaddi

Good to see them doing well in cricket. Their robust physique will help produce some good pace bowlers

Let's see if India manages him well and even fast tracks him into the national side. Umran Malik was bowling at these speeds 2-3 years ago and he has deteriorated badly now.

Let's not get too excited. From the videos, he doesn't look that quick at all.

Maybe the IPL speed guns might be erroneous?

Let's see if India manages him well and even fast tracks him into the national side. Umran Malik was bowling at these speeds 2-3 years ago and he has deteriorated badly now.
Short and fast bowlers often fade away. You need to be atleast 6 ft unless you are someone like skillful Shami, Bumrah

My assessment of his bowling is that he is a 133-140kph at best.

So Rabada bowling at 145 k is 133 k? lol This is provable with comparison of speeds from different bowlers in the same match. Besides batsman couldn't even react before the ball went past the edge on a length. All 3 had no time to pull the ball. Jitesh is a pretty good pull shot player.

Unlike some of the others he was known only to pace bowling loving Indian fans. Many Indian fans would have heard of him for the first time only after this match.
Exactly! He was known to some of us Indian fans since last year when he hurried everyone for pace/bounce in domestic cricket.

This is from July 2023. Only concern is injuries.

His action is bit similar to Taskin Ahmed. Anyone else agrees?

From watching him in domestic cricket, he seems to have all the necessary ingredients - pace, height (>6ft), accuracy and is just 21 years old. Still a long way to go.

Short and fast bowlers often fade away. You need to be atleast 6 ft unless you are someone like skillful Shami, Bumrah
How tall is this guy?

Regardless of what team he plays for, I’m a fan of fast bowling. I hope he gets nurtured well and lives up to his potential. There’s a lot of things you can teach but this kind of pace is something you’re born with.

I watched some videos of his spell today, he was bowling well but let’s see if he can keep this kind of consistency.

Mayank's speed in comparison to PSL top pace stars.

Shaheen Afridi
(91.9 MPH)

Haris Rauf
(92.3 MPH) VS Mayank Yadav (96.8 MPH)

Haris Rauf
(92.8 MPH)

Tymal Mills
(92.8 MPH)

Naseem Shah
(95.9 MPH)

There’s no way Naseem bowled 95mph, I’ve never seen him cross 92-93mph.

Umran's speeds are still good,it's the confidence which is low due to lack of games he's getting he isn't hitting peak speeds
I'm sure Umran will again hit those speeds,Umran lacks bounce unlike this guy
Then you have Tyagi,who is equally quick like these two
kKR has one guy Sakib,who is quite quick if not like Mayank or Umran or Tyagi
There is another pacer developing with Delhi Ranji side Himanshu Chauhan, he's like Harshit and Mayank tall quick and bouncy

Umran still bowls 150 plus. Last year only he clocked 156 in an odi.

But Umran had no domestic experience so he is now playing domestic to get polished.

Mayank has already played 2 seasons of domestic white ball cricket.

How tall is this guy?

Regardless of what team he plays for, I’m a fan of fast bowling. I hope he gets nurtured well and lives up to his potential. There’s a lot of things you can teach but this kind of pace is something you’re born with.

I watched some videos of his spell today, he was bowling well but let’s see if he can keep this kind of consistency.
He is 6'2"

Umran still bowls 150 plus. Last year only he clocked 156 in an odi.

But Umran had no domestic experience so he is now playing domestic to get polished.

Mayank has already played 2 seasons of domestic white ball cricket.

Umran's problem is he is playing for plate division. Having said he should demolish plate division teams and show some numbers. Otherwise he will remain as potential. His pace is definitely red hot. He hurtthe hand of Shakib which made him unavailable for the series. He runs very fast to the crease so he has to be used in short burts.

If he continues this form this IPL, then he may replace Siraj soon in Indian national side.

One of the biggest problem with short fast bowlers is extracting natural bounce of a good length. They have to hit really short to extract bounce. That is an invaluable asset. Even at lower speed you can bounce out batsman if you are tall. Ofcourse your release also matters.

He is deceptively quick. Like Jofra Archer. His action does not look like that of a 150 kph bowler but the ball does travel fast & causes so many play & misses

Sorry for the off topic question, but I've always wondered how Indian bowlers manage to clock speeds of 150+ if they don't eat meat. Now, this guy Mayank Yadav, from his name, it's clear he's not Punjabi. So, I'm curious about his diet and training.

Sorry for the off topic question, but I've always wondered how Indian bowlers manage to clock speeds of 150+ if they don't eat meat. Now, this guy Mayank Yadav, from his name, it's clear he's not Punjabi. So, I'm curious about his diet and training.
I don’t think it’s that hard in the modern day to get adequate protein from plant sources. If you’re vegetarian rather than vegan it’s even easier as dairy sources contain plenty of high quality protein.

lol and once again they have started to compare him with our pacers.

From Atul Sharma to Umesh Yadav to Umran Malik to Ashok Dinda.

Yaye bhi karlaytay hai

Indians win medals in Wrestling Boxing and weightlifting and many of them are vegetarian.

he was expected to bowl fast. whoever has seen him in the nets or in domestics know that he can bowl pretty fast and get very steep bounce. Great to see he has lived up to his expectations. Now has to work on his long-term fitness and variations.

I don’t think it’s that hard in the modern day to get adequate protein from plant sources. If you’re vegetarian rather than vegan it’s even easier as dairy sources contain plenty of high quality protein.
Whey protein has no meat which is what most players including Pakistan players also consume.

Yaye bhi karlaytay hai

"They" who? I don't think anyone is comparing here ! He is compared with Umran. That's it.

That's proper pace. 🔥

India needs to handle him properly and not let such a fast bowler go to waste.

I’m an Indian, Many Jatts (esp wrestlers) are vegetarian as well, all Amridhari Sikhs are vegetarian, Jains are vegetarian..Radha Saomi followers, Baniyas are vegetarians.
They eat eggs. Jatts

Spencer Strider baseball pitcher is a vegan. His pitch speed clocks 100 mph. Bowling fast requires technique as well. Looking at Stoinis you would think he can bowl at 160 kph. HE doesn't do.

Yaye bhi karlaytay hai
Gone are the days when Pakistan pacers were used to way better than india .now Indian pacers are better than Pakistani counterpart and this is very hard to digest for some of Pakistani fans .

Last edited by a moderator:
Legit speedgun?
Why do you doubt. He was already known for that. So no surprise. Rabada was also quick. But not as quick as this dude. Ball was just flying through. Every single batsman was beaten for pace. Runs that they scored were 90% behind the wickets using the pace.

Yaye bhi karlaytay hai
Yeah everyone saw pakistani thunderbolts with 135 kms in aus and nz

He will be seen in International Cricket soon someday then we will know the accuracy of the speed guns and compare it with other International bowlers..

The same sour grapes by a few posters. When Umran clocked similar speeds they said the same rubbish about speed guns.

My assessment of his bowling is that he is a 133-140kph at best.

Even if we ignore variable speeds, the time difference between a 155 kph ball and 135 kph ball would be 0.07 s. If you can look at the ball and guess that it's 0.07 s slower than stated, you could be a super human.

The same sour grapes by a few posters. When Umran clocked similar speeds they said the same rubbish about speed guns.
yea it is comical IN the same match when they showed Rabada's speed, Moshin's speed, Harshal's speed no questions raised Arshdeep bowled at 125 kph. As per the notion Just for Mayank they jacked up the speed. Yes. SOur grapes.

Even if we ignore variable speeds, the time difference between a 155 kph ball and 135 kph ball would be 0.07 s. If you can look at the ball and guess that it's 0.07 s slower than stated, you could be a super human.

Our padosi posters are equipped with a special eye speed gun.

155kph? First, it was Umran and now this guy. QUestion is: if he is that quick in reality, what is the guarantee that he will not go down the umran route?

Back