[PICTURES/VIDEOS] The ILT20 - 2024 Season

MI Emirates’ Akeal Hosein spins out Sharjah Warriors for a paltry 74 to win by 106 run

Left-arm spinner Akeal Hosein, through a display of masterful spin bowling, bowled out Sharjah Warriors for a paltry 74 runs and guided MI Emirates to a 106 runs win in the ninth match of the DP World ILT20 season 2 at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. He wreaked havoc with a spell of 4 for 23 through his guile and precision and bowled out Warriors in 12.1 overs.

MI Emirates had posted a total of 180 for 7 in 20 overs through Andre Fletcher, who hit 42 off 31 balls with four boundaries and two sixes. Kusal Perera too scored 42 runs off 25 balls with three boundaries and three sixes. Together they put on 93 runs off 56 balls for the second wicket. Skipper Nicholas Pooran then cracked 37 runs off 29 balls with two sixes and a boundary. Sharjah Warriors’ Muhammad Jawadullah stood out taking three wickets for 31.

Warriors who had to score at a run rate of nine, lost early wickets. Hosein bowled out danger man Johnson Charles with the last ball of the first over for 1 while Boult had skipper Tom Kohler-Cadmore caught and bowled for a duck. Opener Martin Guptill and Niroshan Dickwella added another 33 runs before Boult struck again to force Dickwella to play into the hands of David at mid-off for 22. Joe Denly began by smashing Boult to the cover boundary, but Warriors lost Guptill to a slow delivery from Fazalhaq Farooqi for 17.

Hosein’s deadly eighth over had Denly out caught and bowled for 6 off the second ball. One ball later, he dismissed Basil Hameed for a duck caught by Boult at long-off, and then Daniel Sams leg before with the next ball. Hosein missed his hat-trick as Chris Woakes survived a review after being given out leg before.

Earlier, Emirates began by losing their consistent opener Muhammad Waseem to the second ball of the first over from Chris Woakes, caught brilliantly by a diving Joe Denly at cover point for a duck. Fletcher, who joined opener Perera, began aggressively by lifting Dilshan Madushanka to the sightscreen for a six. Perera topped it with two sixes off Madushanka to take 20 runs off the fourth over.

Strike bowler Maheesh Theekshana was also hit for 16 runs in the sixth over. When the total was seven runs short of the 100 run mark, Theekshana yorked Fletcher for 42. Perera followed, run out to the next ball for 42 in a mix up with his skipper Nicholas Pooran.

The mantle of maintaining the run flow fell on Pooran and Ambati Rayudu. That’s when Muhammad Jawadullah struck to clean bowl Rayudu, who went for a wild swing and missed, for 7. Tim David and Pooran took the score to seven runs short of the 150-mark when Daniel Sams forced David to edge to wicketkeeper Niroshan Dickwella for 20. The pair had put on 38 runs in 27 balls for the fifth wicket. Pooran fell in the last over to Jawadullah hitting straight to Denly at long-off. Jawadullah also yorked Hosein for a duck, but Trent Boult hit the last two deliveries of the innings for boundaries.

Pooran, skipper of the winning team, said: “Losing the toss, we had some responsibility to hold strong in batting. We felt 170 would do the job for us. It was a slightly difficult track for batters. We had to work hard in the batting department. This is the second game where we have bowled a team for less than 100.”

Sharjah skipper Kohler-Cadmore said his team needed to be more positive. “You don't go out there and panic. Most teams will bowl first here. If you lose a lot of wickets at the top, you will struggle in the chase. We should not be losing too many wickets in the powerplay. It is about staying positive and keeping the same intent. And would hope to come back stronger for the next game.”

Player of the match Hosein described how his spell was all about making the right assessment. “I thought I would bowl fuller. Bowling the first over, I thought it was about execution. But it’s just about making the assessment. I had to spin more balls. It’s unfortunate that I was so close to picking up a hat-trick.”

Brief scores:

MI Emirates bt Sharjah Warriors by 106 runs. MI Emirates 180 for 7 in 20 overs (Kusal Perera 42, Andre Fletcher 42, Nicholas Pooran 37, Tim David 20, Muhammad Jawadullah 3 for 31); Sharjah Warriors 74 in 12.1 overs (Martin Guptill 17, Niroshan Dickwella 22, Akeal Hosein 4 for 23, Trent Boult 2 for 11, Waqar Salamkheil 2 for 3)

Player of the Match: Akeal Hosein of MI Emirates

ILT20 Updated Points Table (26-1-2024)

SRcu5u1.png

Toss Update

The coin has flipped in the favour of ADK Riders and they have elected to field first against Desert Vipers

Imad Wasim, leading the attack for Abu Dhabi Knight Riders against Desert Vipers in ILT20 2024, secured 2 wickets while conceding just 19 runs in his full quota of 4 overs.

Last edited:
Imad Wasim, leading the attack for Abu Dhabi Knight Riders against Desert Vipers in ILT20 2024, secured 2 wickets while conceding just 19 runs in his full quota of 4 overs.
Imad, after a stellar performance, said during the mid-match interview:

"We have been struggling in the powerplay for the last couple of games. Credit goes to the management for trusting in me. I trusted the wicket and let them play a bad shot, which they did. It was my instinct that they will go for a big shot and that's why I flighted it up. I don't look at others and I do what is best for my team, having said they are world-class bowlers and they will adjust accordingly. It's a tough call, they have a good batting lineup, 170-175 is a par score, 154, if we get partnerships we can chase it down."

Imad, after a stellar performance, said during the mid-match interview:

"We have been struggling in the powerplay for the last couple of games. Credit goes to the management for trusting in me. I trusted the wicket and let them play a bad shot, which they did. It was my instinct that they will go for a big shot and that's why I flighted it up. I don't look at others and I do what is best for my team, having said they are world-class bowlers and they will adjust accordingly. It's a tough call, they have a good batting lineup, 170-175 is a par score, 154, if we get partnerships we can chase it down."
Guess who else has been struggling to bowl in the powerplay? Pakistan cricket?

Imad Wasim bowling beautifully

“He made the right decision by retiring for Pakistan”
I agree he's a poor man nawaz and that says something. The guy has been getting smashed for the past month and now has fluked a performance.

Imad isn’t good enough for Pakistan but Shadab Khan is lol

Some random bloke called Sharafu just pasted Shadab all around the park

Imad Wasim didn't really shine with the bat, just managed to score 25 (24).

Shaheen Shah Afridi had a tough day for Desert Vipers against Abu Dhabi Knight Riders, remaining wicketless with figures of 0/31 in his 4 overs.

Alishan Sharafu’s blistering 82* powers the Abu Dhabi Knight Riders to a 6-wicket win at the Zayed Cricket Stadium

mAjrNGU.jpg

Gulf Giants register a thrilling three-wicket win against Dubai Capitals

Riding on Carlos Brathwaite’s 3 for 26 to restrict the Dubai Capitals to a modest 132/7 in 20 overs, defending champions Gulf Giants registered a 3-wicket win in the 11th match of the ILT20 Season 2 here at the iconic Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Saturday. Buoyed by a boisterous weekend audience, Dominic Drakes brought on the winning runs with a stylish boundary and eight balls to spare.

Gulf Giants braved the onslaught of left-arm spinner Roelof Van Der Merwe who caused havoc to their run-chase bagging crucial wickets of James Vince (28), Carlos Brathwaite (1) and Chris Jordan (0).

His effort of 3 for 27 went in vain with the defending champions holding their nerves to earn the winning points. Sikandar Raza who scored a swashbuckling 47 off 36 balls to anchor the Dubai Capitals innings after losing early wickets proved his mettle with the ball too, picking up two wickets for mere eight runs but it was simply not enough.

“The wicket was doing all sorts of things. Especially with seamers, the ball was swinging a lot, and it was difficult to bat on. We thought if we could drag the innings and take the total to 140-150, we would be good. But the chase won’t be easy,” Raza had stated after the first innings.

The chase sure wasn’t easy, with Jason Holder getting opening batsman Jamie Smith (1) in the first over. But Chris Lynn led the charge, thereafter, scoring 37 runs off 22 balls, studded with three boundaries and three sixes. He was ably supported by captain James Vince who etched his name in history for getting past 10,000 runs in T20s. Vince scored 28 off 19 balls with two boundaries and two over it.

Brief scores:

Gulf Giants bt Dubai Capitals by 3 wickets. Dubai Capitals 132/7 in 20 overs. (Sikandar Raza 47, David Warner 21, Rahul Chopra 20; Carlos Brathwaite 3 for 26). Gulf Giants 133/7 in 18.4 overs (Chris Lynn 37, James Vince 28, J Cox 38; Van Der Merwe 3 for 27, Sikandar Raza 2 for 8)

Player of the Match: Carlos Brathwaite of Gulf Giants

Waseem and Perera led the run chase to help the MI Emirates register a convincing 8-wicket win over the Abu Dhabi Knight Riders!

6P1E3yI.jpg

Toss Update

The coin has flipped in favour of Desert Vipers and they have elected to field first against Sharjah Warriors

Waseem and Perera led the run chase to help the MI Emirates register a convincing 8-wicket win over the Abu Dhabi Knight Riders!

6P1E3yI.jpg
Resilient Muhammad Waseem's unbeaten 87 steers MI Emirates to 8-wicket win against Abu Dhabi Knight Riders

A spectacular knock by Muhammad Waseem whose excellence with the bat scoring a resilient 86 off 61 balls, consigned the Abu Dhabi Knight Riders to a crushing 8-wicket defeat despite setting up a formidable total of 188/5 in 20 overs here in the 12th match of the ongoing DP World ILT20 Season 2.

The UAE national team skipper entertained the Sunday spectators in the picturesque Zayed Cricket Stadium with an unbeaten innings studded with eight boundaries and three sixes, helping the MI Emirates chase the target in 19 overs.

The 27-year-old Waseem along with opening batter Kusal Perera set the momentum for the mega run-chase with Perera scoring the fastest 50 of DP World ILT20 Season 2, taking only 22 balls to do so. Their effort in the middle built a solid partnership of 110 in 9.5 overs which was finally broken by David Willey whose short-length bouncer ended Perera's outing with wicketkeeper Michael Pepper taking a sound catch.

Even though Perera's dismissal was a setback to their run-chase, Waseem continued to power through making his intentions clear in the next over scoring a boundary off Marchant De Lange and a six, adding 11 runs in that over. The run rate continued to surge at 10.00 per over with captain Nicholas Pooran and Waseem breaking no sweat in steering the innings.

Waseem built on his impressive outing with well-timed boundaries in the following overs. Though they lost Pooran (33 off 19 balls) to Ali Khan in the 17th over, Waseem along with Tim David (10 n.o) showcased composure to help their team sail through to their fourth win this season from five matches. Today's effort has put them on top of the points table.

Fazalhaq Farooqi impresses with 3 for 35

Put in to bat first, the Abu Dhabi Knight Riders attacking intent was evident with their opening batters Joe Clarke and wicketkeeper-batsman Michael Pepper feasting on the opening overs scoring 33 runs before Clarke was sent back to the dugout with 21 runs from 13 balls, three boundaries and a six to his name. It was Fazalhaq Farooqi who drew the first blood for MI Emirates, breaking the partnership between Clarke and Michael Pepper.

Coming in at No.3, Alishan Sharafu steadied the innings setting up a good partnership with Pepper fetching 50 runs off 32 balls. The duo's blitz shot up the team's run rate to 9.5 in the powerplay, until Trent Boult scalped Pepper. It was a fine catch in the deep square leg by Muhammad Waseem.

At 83/2, Sharafu went on to build a partnership with Sam Hain, scoring 39 runs off 28 balls to keep them in the game. However, after Sharafu was dismissed at 37 (off 25 balls) in the 13th over by Waqar Salamkheil and Trent Boult taking a splendid single-handed catch, the ADKR innings looked to be in trouble as they lost back-to-back wickets in the 17th over to Fazalhaq.

But Andre Russell came to the rescue scoring a quickfire 46 off 17 balls studded with 6 sixes. He batted alongside Imad Wasim to put together a refined partnership of 43 off 15 balls that powered them to a formidable total of 188/5 in 20 overs, which wasn't enough eventually

A disappointed ADKR captain Sunil Narine said, "It was a good total, but the powerplay took it away from us. I still give credit to my team as the match could have finished in 17-18 overs. To sum it up, it was one of those days, tough on the field. Hope there are no more of such days, and we get back to our winning ways."

MI Emirates captain Nicholas Pooran said: "It was a good batting pitch. We had enough info on the pitch, and knew a total around 180 would be good to chase. It is tough to contain batters like Russell who added 9 more to what we had in mind. But I am happy that our bowlers put them under some pressure."

Muhammad Waseem, dedicating the player of the match award to his son said, "This is my second half century this season and I also hold the green belt; it feels quite special to be the leading run-getter of season 2. I am playing my natural game, and also getting to learn a lot from our coaches and senior players. The team is in good form, everyone is contributing and hope we will go on with the same momentum for the rest of the tournament."

Brief scores:

MI Emirates bt Abu Dhabi Knight Riders by 8 wickets. Abu Dhabi Knight Riders 188/5 in 20 overs (Andre Russell 46 n.o, Sam Hain 40, Michael Pepper 38, Alishan Sharafu 37; Fazalhaq 3 for 35); MI Emirates 189/2 in 19 overs (Waseem Muhammad 86 n.o, Kusal Perera 56, Nicholas Pooran 33; David Willey 1 for 37, Ali Khan 1 for 25).

Player of the Match: Muhammad Waseem of MI Emirates

Skipper Tom-Kohler Cadmore, through an aggressive 68 off 34 balls studded with eight sixes and two boundaries, guided his team to a hard fought seven-run win over Desert Vipers in the 13th match of the DP World ILT20 season 2 at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. His 101 runs partnership in 53 balls for the third wicket with Martin Guptill, who scored 39 off 32 balls with four fours and one six, gave his team a challenging total of 174 for 7 in 20 overs.

The Sunday crowd of nearly 13,000 were in for a great treat when Vipers tried to chase the target through Alex Hales’s 61 off 40 balls with five sixes and three boundaries and Azam Khan’s fighting 35 off 22 balls. Together, the pair put 52 runs in 33 balls for the fifth wicket but failed to carry their team to victory. Earlier, Wanindu Hasaranga had put the brakes on Sharjah Warriors’ run flow with three wickets in the 16th over for figures of 3 for 30. Luke Wood too chipped in with three wickets for 33 runs, but all their efforts went in vain.

So close was the fight that when Vipers needed 22 runs to win off the last 12 balls, Daniel Sams gave away only six runs in the penultimate over. Needing 16 runs off the last over, Muhammad Jawadullah held his nerves and bowled accurately giving away just eight runs to ensure Warriors’ victory.

Chasing the challenging target, Vipers lost their skipper Colin Munro to the second ball of the first over caught by Johnson Charles at backward square leg off Chris Woakes for a duck. Jawadullah struck in the fourth over to clean bowl Hose for 11. Hasaranga, who joined opener Alex Hales, lifted Daniel Sams to Kohler-Cadmore at mid-on for 6. Next man Rohan Mustafa went for his shots smashing Jawadullah for two boundaries, but he then chopped Lewis Gregory on to his wicket for 14.

Hard-hitter Azam Khan was cheered all the way to the crease by the Sunday crowd and he began with a boundary to fine leg. Hales raced to his half century in 37 balls with four sixes and two boundaries but Woakes got him out for 61 forcing him to slice to Gregory at deep backward point. Sams trapped Sherfane Rutherford leg before for 4. When 28 runs were needed off 15 balls, Kohler-Cadmore ran out Khan on 35 from mid-off through a direct hit.

Earlier, Vipers had won the toss and elected to bowl. Their pacer Luke Wood struck twice in the second over. With the first delivery he got opener Niroshan Dickwella to glove the ball that angled down the leg side to wicketkeeper Azam Khan for 5. Wood also forced opener Johnson Charles on 6 to top edge his fourth delivery to Shaheen Afridi at third man. Kohler-Cadmore started off by hitting Wood for a boundary and a six off successive deliveries in the fourth over. Martin Guptill too hit back-to-back boundaries off Matheesha Pathirana in the fifth over, and the score went past the 50-run mark in 5.4 overs.

Shadab Khan, who bowled the seventh over, was hit for 17 runs with a six from Kohler-Cadmore sailing out of the ground. Kohler-Cadmore also hit Rohan Mustafa for two more sixes. He reached his half century in 26 balls with five sixes and two boundaries. The Warriors went past the 100-run mark in 9.2 over through Kohler-Cadmore’s two consecutive sixes off Hasaranga. The 10th over bowled by Hasaranga yielded 19 runs. Wood picked his third wicket by having Kohler-Cadmore caught by Hose at extra cover for 68. The pair put on 101 runs in 53 balls for the third wicket.

The innings took a dramatic turn after Guptill got caught by Wood off Shaheen Afridi for 39. His knock off 32 balls had four boundaries and one six. In the 16thover Hasaranga had Daniel Sams stumped by Azam Khan for one with the first ball; off the third ball he clean bowled Lewis Gregory for a duck, and with the fourth ball he trapped Basil Hameed leg before. The Warriors slipped from 120 for 2 to 147 for 7 in 15.4 overs. Chris Woakes, who was dropped by Afridi off his bowling and by Wood off Pathirana, scored an unbeaten 14 while Joe Denly scored an unbeaten 22.

Kohler-Cadmore, Player of the match and skipper of the winning team said: “It’s great to come out with a win. Although it hasn’t been an ideal start, we played some good cricket. Our plan was to try to bowl the best, bowl to the fields, and keep taking wickets. This win gives us a lot of confidence; our bowlers stood up today.”

A disappointed Vipers skipper Munro said: “I think we batted well in the chase but slipped up at important moments. While we are not too worried about the dropped catches, we were sloppy, so we will assess this. We're mentally prepared, if we execute our skills better we will be good.”

Brief scores:

Sharjah Warriors bt Desert Vipers by 7 runs. Sharjah Warriors 174 for 7 in 20 overs (Martin Guptill 39, Tom Kohler-Cadmore 68, Joe Denly 22, Luke Wood 3 for 33, Wanindu Hasaranga 3 for 30) Desert Vipers 167 for 7 in 20 overs (Alex Hales 61, Azam Khan 35, Chris Woakes 2 for 26, Daniel Sams 2 for 29)

Player of the Match: Tom Kohler-Cadmore

Toss update:

Dubai Capitals vs Sharjah Warriors

Dubai Capitals have won the toss and elected to bat first

Sharjah, 29 January 2024: Sharjah Warriors’ Sri Lankan off spinner Maheesh Theekshana weaved magic with the ball producing unplayable deliveries to bag four wickets for 20 runs. His guile and artistry with the ball resulted in Dubai Capitals being bowled out for 104 runs in 18.2 overs. Theekshana was well-backed by Daniel Sams, who bagged 3 for 28 with his accurate left-arm medium pace. Together they helped Warriors register an emphatic nine-wicket win in the 14th match of the DP World ILT20 season 2 at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.

Chasing the moderate target, Warriors raced to victory in 13.1 overs through an opening partnership of 70 runs in 8.2 overs between Niroshan Dickwella and Johnson Charles. Niroshan Dickwella scored a 30-ball 37 runs before getting caught by Sam Billings at long on bowled by Haider Ali. Charles went on to hit an unbeaten 43 off 33 balls with four boundaries and a six while Joe Denly remained unconquered on 23 off 16 balls with three boundaries and a six. Warriors won the match with 41 balls to spare.

Capitals had come into this match after a defeat to defending champions Gulf Giants. They surprised everyone by opting to bat first after winning the toss, unlike all other teams that had elected to bowl. On the other hand, Warriors, fresh from a win over Desert Vipers the day before this match, carried the momentum and have now shot up the points table to the second slot from the fifth position while Capitals slipped to the fourth slot.

The tale of Capitals’s collapse began soon after their opener Rahmanullah Gurbaz hit the second ball of the first over from Chris Woakes over long-on for a six. Scotland’s left-arm spinner Mark Watt got Gurbaz out with a ball that skidded through and went through the gates to hit the stumps for 9. Ben Dunk joined his skipper David Warner but fell in the fifth over to Sams, flicking into the hands of Johnson Charles at deep backward square leg for 8.

UAE left-arm medium pacer Muhammad Jawadullah, who had won the match for Warriors against Desert Vipers by bowling a tight last over, took the valuable wicket of Warner for 16. Warner, going for a pull, gloved the ball to wicket keeper Dickwella who took a diving catch down the leg side.

Theekshana, who was introduced for the ninth over, removed Sam Billings quickly for 9 by forcing him to slap to Lewis Gregory at cover. When half the Capitals side was back in the dug-out for 44, Theekshana trapped Max Holden leg before for a duck in the same over. Theekshana also got Ricardo Powell leg before for 10 in the 11th over with a doosra and Jason Holder too got out leg before in the 13th over for 1.

Roelof van der Merwe held on to score 21 runs before pulling Sams to Jawadullah at short fine leg. Raza took the score past the 100 run mark with a fighting 22 runs that had two sixes before becoming Sams’ third victim when he lifted to Kohlder-Cadmore at deep extra cover.

A happy Warriors skipper Kohler-Cadmore said: “The guys were brilliant in the first innings, and made our job easier. This isn't the easiest place to play spin, and to have someone (Theekshana) who can bowl three overs in the powerplay is brilliant. Everyone's chipping in, just about finding consistency.”

Capitals captain Warner admitted that his team did err: “We weren't good enough with the bat. We are all accountable for that. The wicket played a bit different than we expected, and we need to give credit to them for the way they bowled. Our shot selection wasn't good enough. We need to go back to the drawing board and be brave. We are being a bit too conservative, need to show more intent. We'll be back in Dubai where we are a bit more confident about the conditions.”

Talking about his spell, Player of the Match, Theekshana said: “The surface was a bit slower than yesterday and it got better for me. We have got experienced players, and we are performing well as a team. In Abu Dhabi (next match), I have bowled in the T10 and the 2021 World Cup as well. I know the wickets there, so hopefully I can get better out there too.”

Brief scores:
Sharjah Warriors bt Dubai Capitals by 9 wkts. Dubai Capitals 104 in 18.2 overs (Sikandar Raza 22, Roelof van der Merwe 21, Daniel Sams 3 for 28, Maheesh Theekshana 4 for 20) Sharjah Warriors 105 for 1 in 13.1 overs (Niroshan Dickwella 37, Johnson Charles 43n.o, Joe Denly 23n.o)

Player of the Match: Maheesh Theekshana

MI Emirates (Playing XI): Muhammad Waseem, Kusal Perera, Andre Fletcher, Nicholas Pooran(w/c), Ambati Rayudu, Tim David, Dwayne Bravo, Akeal Hosein, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Muhammad Rohid Khan, Trent Boult

Desert Vipers (Playing XI): Rohan Mustafa, Colin Munro(c), Adam Hose, Azam Khan(w), Sherfane Rutherford, Ali Naseer, Wanindu Hasaranga, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Matheesha Pathirana, Luke Wood

Desert Vipers have won the toss and have opted to field

So Vipers drop Shadab and end up defeating the strongest team in the league as soon as they do it?

So Vipers opt for Amir to bowl the first over instead of Shaheen and end up restricting the strongest team in the competition to a below 150 score?

Dubai, 30 January 2024: Desert Vipers produced a nail-biting two-wicket win off the last ball after a fierce battle against MI Emirates in the 14th match of the DP World ILT20 season 2 at the Dubai International Stadium. MI Emirates was restricted to 149 for 9 in 20 overs, but they fought back to reduce Vipers to 62 for 5. The fate of the match swung like a pendulum till the last over.

Vipers’ Sherfane Rutherford lit up hopes of a victory through a quick 35 runs after taking 17 runs off Boult’s 17th over with a six and two boundaries. Then Bravo had Rutherford caught by Kusal Perera at mid-on off a slower delivery. Shaheen Afridi (17n.o) and Luke Wood (6n.o) took up the challenge of scoring 17 runs from the last 12 balls and ten off the last over from Trent Boult to win off the last ball. They ran for the three runs needed to win off the last ball.

Earlier MI Emirates’ batting cracked against the tight bowling of Mohammad Amir (3 for 26), Luke Wood (2 for 32) and Matheesha Pathirana (2 for 32). Their total was shaped by Ambati Rayudu and Akeal Hosein’s 49 runs partnership in 45 deliveries for the fifth wicket through knocks of 23 and 24 runs respectively. Tim David’s cameo of 28 off 14 balls gave some respectability to the total.

Chasing the target, Vipers’s opener Rohan Mustafa went for his shots and scored 18 runs with two boundaries and a six before being bowled by Fazalhaq Farooqi. UAE’s left-arm pacer Muhammad Rohid struck twice in the fifth over to clean bowl opener Alex Hales for 3 and had Adam Hose brilliantly caught by a leaping Dwayne Bravo at first slip for a duck. Farooqi picked the price wicket of skipper Colin Munro caught behind by wicketkeeper Nicholas Pooran for 4.

With the score reading 28 for 4 in 5.3 overs, Azam Khan walked in and hit two successive boundaries off the first two deliveries he faced off Farooqi. Wanindu Hasaranga too sped up the run flow and put on 34 runs for the fifth wicket before Rohid dismissed the aggressive Khan, caught by Boult at deep mid-wicket for 20. At the halfway mark, Vipers needed 76 more runs. When Hasaranga too slapped Dwayne Bravo straight to Boult at deep extra cover for 26, Emirates took a firm grip on the match. Sherfane Rutherford, however, changed the course of the match through his 35 runs before the last over drama.

Earlier, Vipers, who had lost three out of their four matches, won the toss, and elected to bowl against table toppers MI Emirates. Opener Kusal Perera fell to the second ball of the first over from Mohammad Amir edging to wicketkeeper Azam Khan for a duck. Muhammad Waseem scored two boundaries off Shaheen Afridi and went on to hit Amir for six and two boundaries to take 13 runs off the third over. He also hit a huge six off Luke Wood’s first ball of the fourth over but fell to the fourth ball hitting straight to Afridi at mid-wicket for 19.

Skipper Nicholas Pooran, who joined Andre Fletcher, began with a boundary off the first ball he faced and then effortlessly lifted Afridi for a straight six. Wood went on to clean bowl Fletcher, who went for a slog shot and got an inside edge to disturb his wicket for 18. Pooran too departed caught brilliantly by a diving Ali Naseer at gully off Matheesha Pathirana for 17.

Ambati Rayudu and Akeal Hosein took the score to 107 in 15 overs. Pathirana provided the breakthrough removing Hosein caught and bowled for a run-a-ball 24. Wanindu Hasaranga struck to remove Rayudu too, caught by Afridi at long-on for 23. Tim David and Dwayne Bravo added another 37 runs before Amir, who bowled the last over, removed David for 28 and Trent Boult off successive deliveries to stop Emirates from reaching the 150 run mark.

Winning captain Colin Munro said: “It feels great to get a win and those two points. There were a couple of rash shots, but I can't fault the intent; but we gotta be a little bit smarter. It’s always nice to win those tight games.”

Player of the Match Mohammad Amir said, “It was an interesting game, and I am happy I did something for the team as I thought Rutherford would be the player of the match. We bowled in partnership, and it is important to communicate with each other. Also, Shaheen and me are sharing the experience, and that helps.”

Losing skipper Nicholas Pooran remarked: “We felt we were 10-15 runs short, but in all honesty we felt we could make it an interesting game if we could get a couple of early wickets. It is a tough one to swallow though. We'll definitely rebuild. It just wasn't enough today.”

Brief scores:

Desert Vipers bt MI Emirates by two-wickets.
MI Emirates 149 for 9 in 20 overs (Ambati Rayudu 23, Akeal Hosein 24, Tim David 28, Mohammad Amir 3 for 26, Luke Wood 2 for 32, Matheesha Pathirana 2 for 32) Desert Vipers 150 for 8 in 20 overs (Wanindu Hasaranga 26, Azam Khan 20, Sherfane Rutherford 35, Fazalhaq Farooqi 2 for 23, Muhammad Rohid 3 for 21, Dwayne Bravo 2 for 30)

Player of the Match: Mohammad Amir

Toss Update Abu Dhabi Knight Riders vs Gulf Giants

The coin is flipped into the air and lands in favor of Abu Dhabi Knight Riders. They have elected to BOWL first.

Abu Dhabi Knight Riders (Playing XI) - Sagar Kalyan, Alishan Sharafu, Sam Hain, Michael Pepper (WK), Andre Russell, Laurie Evans, Imad Wasim, Sunil Narine (C), David Willey, Ali Khan, Marchant de Lange.
Gulf Giants Bench - Aayan Khan, Sanchit Sharma, Saurabh Netravalkar, Gerhard Erasmus, Karim Janat, Richard Gleeson, Blessing Muzarabani.

Lynn's 67(48) has helped the Gulf Giants to a competitive total at the Zayed Cricket Stadium.

p2xrFcz.jpg

Desert Vipers spinner Wanindu Hasaranga has been fined 10 percent match fee for a Level 1 (2.2) offence – abuse of cricket equipment, fixtures or fittings – during his team’s DP World ILT20 match against MI Emirates at the Dubai International Stadium on Tuesday night – 15th match of the tournament.

In an earlier match, Sharjah Warriors batter Johnson Charles was fined five percent of his match fee for a similar offence in his side’s match against Desert Vipers. Gulf Giants’ all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite was also fined for a similar offence in his side’s match against Dubai Capitals which was played at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.

The three fines have been imposed by DP World ILT20 match referee Simon Taufel.

England’s Michael Pepper’s 59 off 40 balls peppered with seven boundaries and three sixes steered Abu Dhabi Knight Riders, who were tottering at the bottom of the points table to rise and outplay defending champions and third placed Gulf Giants by six wickets in the 16th match of the DP World ILT20 season 2 at the Zayed Cricket Stadium. The victory has lifted Knight Riders to the third slot while Giants slipped to fourth.

Gulf Giants was restricted to 161 for 6 despite Chris Lynn’s 67 off 48 balls with six boundaries and three sixes. He had put on 72 runs in 58 balls for the third wicket with Jordan Cox who hit 21 off 27 balls with one boundary and a six. Lynn also added 39 runs for the fourth wicket with Usman Khan (23).

Chasing the target, Knight Riders needed a good start. Openers Joe Clarke and Pepper provided just that recording their 50 runs partnership in just 4.1 overs. Mujeeb Ur Rahman stuck in his second over to remove Joe Clarke caught down the leg side by wicketkeeper Jamie Smith for 14 to end the 62 runs partnership in 6.1 overs.

Pepper raced to his half century in 33 balls with five boundaries and three sixes. By the 10th over Knight Riders were at a commanding 100 for 1 needing another 62 runs to win. Six runs later, Mujeeb picked his second wicket to remove Alishan Sharafu caught by Brathawaite at mid-wicket for 11. Richard Gleeson forced Pepper, who went for a pull, to edge the delivery on to his wicket for 59.

Laurie Evans got out to Zuhaib Zubair when Drakes took a diving catch at long-off for 6. Only 39 runs were needed off the last five overs . When they needed just 31 runs to win in 24 balls, rain stopped play for a while. Russell had hit a quick unbeaten 30 off just 13 balls with three sixes, and along with Sam Hain (17n.o), they ensured their team’s victory with ten balls to spare. Giants’ bowlers wavered in length giving away 27 extras.

Earlier, Knight Riders had won the toss and elected to bowl. Opener Jamie Smith fell to the fifth ball of the first over from David Willey to a delivery that nipped back, brushed his pads and hit the stumps for 1. Imad Wasim also removed skipper and opener James Vince in the fourth over by forcing him to hit straight into the hands of Laurie Evans at mid-off for 11.

Jordan Cox, who walked in, refused to be affected by the quick fall of the openers and reverse hit Wasim for a six. Consistent Lynn too hit Wasim for three boundaries in the sixth over to take 14 runs. Willey bowled all his four overs on the trot giving away just 18 runs.

Lynn unleashed his hard-hitting skills, cracking two consecutive sixes and a boundary off Marchant de Lange. By the halfway mark Giants were 79 for 2 with Lynn scoring 44 of those runs. Lynn reached his half century in 30 balls with six boundaries and two sixes.

In the 13th over Wasim struck again to remove Cox by forcing him slog sweep to De Lange at wide mid-wicket for 21. Usman Khan swelled the total to 132 through some big shots when Ali Khan had Lynn clean bowled for 67. The fall of Khan on 23 was a strange one as the swing of his bat hit the off stump while driving Andre Russell.

Shimron Hetmyer ensured the score go past the 150-run mark through an unbeaten 19 off eight balls with two sixes before falling to Russell.

Winning captain Sunil Narine said: “We ticked a lot of boxes. Started with picking up wickets in the powerplay, it sets the tone. We’re getting a bit of momentum, still a bit too close for comfort, we need to win by bigger margins. But a win is a win and we’ll take it.”

Player of the Match Pepper said that not losing wickets in the powerplay helped his team. “It’s important to always have to take the aggressive option while batting in the powerplay. It’s the best time to bat, pace on the ball and you have to just go for it. Not losing wickets in the powerplay is crucial.”

A disappointed Gulf Giants captain Vince said: "I thought we actually had a par score. But obviously the start wasn't ideal, with them being 60 for none inside the powerplay. It put us behind the game, and even though we pulled it back a bit at the end it was always going to be difficult. They bowled pretty well at the end.”

Brief scores:

Abu Dhabi Knight Riders bt Gulf Giants by 6 wkts. Gulf Giants 161 for 6 in 20 overs (Chris Lynn 67, Jordan Cox 21, Usman Khan 23, Andre Russell 2 for 39, Imad Wasim 2 for 31) Abu Dhabi Knight Riders 164 for 4 in 20 overs (Michael Pepper 59, Andre Russell 30n.o, Mujeeb Ur Rahman 2 for 31)

Player of the Match: Michael Pepper
1706734672917.png

Toss Update

Dubai Capitals have won the toss and invited Desert Vipers to bat first.

Desert Vipers (Playing XI) - Rohan Mustafa, Alex Hales, Colin Munro (C), Adam Hose, Azam Khan (WK), Ali Naseer, Sherfane Rutherford, Wanindu Hasaranga, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Luke Wood.

Dubai Capitals (Playing XI) - Akif Raja, Rahul Chopra, Roelof van der Merwe, David Warner (C), Scott Kuggeleijn, Dushmantha Chameera, Jason Holder, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (WK), Rovman Powell, Sam Billings, Sikandar Raza.

Shaheen Shah Afridi vs David Warner

Last edited:
Azam Khan, Mohammad Amir and Shaheen Shah Afridi will be in action for Desert Vipers today. Can this trio help them win another encounter today with their thrilling performances. Stay Tuned for further updates.

Why is this clown Rohan Mustafa asked to face first ball? He doesn’t have a clue how to touch the ball.

Toss Update

Dubai Capitals have won the toss and invited Desert Vipers to bat first.

Desert Vipers (Playing XI) - Rohan Mustafa, Alex Hales, Colin Munro (C), Adam Hose, Azam Khan (WK), Ali Naseer, Sherfane Rutherford, Wanindu Hasaranga, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Luke Wood.

Dubai Capitals (Playing XI) - Akif Raja, Rahul Chopra, Roelof van der Merwe, David Warner (C), Scott Kuggeleijn, Dushmantha Chameera, Jason Holder, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (WK), Rovman Powell, Sam Billings, Sikandar Raza.

Shaheen Shah Afridi vs David Warner
Innings Break

Desert Vipers 169/6 (20 overs)

The relationship between Shaheen Shah Afridi and taking a wicket in the first over is never-ending. Shaheen strikes in his very first over, and Gurbaz is gone for 4(3). David Warner is at the non-striker's end.

Shaheen Shah Afridi 1/10 (1 over)

The relationship between Shaheen Shah Afridi and taking a wicket in the first over is never-ending. Shaheen strikes in his very first over, and Gurbaz is gone for 4(3). David Warner is at the non-striker's end.

Shaheen is hitting 140kph again regularly. He's showing more passion in franchise cricket than national team it seems

So, Shaheen also got his bunny David Warner 4(10), two wickets for him in 2 overs. Probably, Shaheen is back in form. But economy is not impressive so far

So, Shaheen also got his bunny David Warner 4(10), two wickets for him in 2 overs. Probably, Shaheen is back in form. But economy is not impressive so far
Bowling wise he's been abysmal to be honest with the lengths. And he is downright poor in the field today, looks tired.

Ben Dunk’s fighting 59 and Rovman Powell’s unbeaten 40 along with Jason Holder’s cameo of 23 helped Dubai Capitals register a thrilling four-wicket win off the last ball of the match against Desert Vipers in the 17th match of the DP World ILT20 season 2 at the Dubai International Stadium. Powell and Holder put an unbeaten 38 runs in 26 balls for the seventh wicket to snatch the match away from the grip of the Vipers. Powell’s 40 off 32 balls had three boundaries and a six.

Chasing a target of 170 was an edge of the seat affair. Opener Rahmanullah Gurbaz fell for just four runs lifting Shaheen Afridi to Maheesh Pathirana, who took a brilliant run-and-dive catch at mid-off. Opener and skipper David Warner failed again, getting out to Afridi caught by his counterpart Colin Munro at extra cover for 4. The star batsman’s scores in this tournament prior to this match have been 1, 20, 0, 21 and 16.

Wanindu Hasaranga, who was introduced for the seventh over, had Sam Billings caught and bowled for 6. Dunk reached his half century in 23 balls with six boundares and two sixes to light up his team’s hopes. At the half way mark with the Capitals on 80, Rohan Mustafa picked the dangerous looking Dunk, out caught by Hasaranga at long-off for 59 off 30 balls with seven boundaries and two sixes.

Rovman Powell and Sikandar Raza refused to bow to the pressure and put on a 41 run partnership in 27 balls for the fifth wicket when Raza top edged Amir to Pathirana for 22 when 49 more runs were needed. Vipers went for the kill with

Hasaranga removing Rahul Chopra for 4. Powell along with Jason Holder made it 19 to win off the last 12 balls and they took 15 off Afridi’s penultimate over. Pathirana bowled a brillliant last over with only four runs to defend but Capitals won off the last ball.

Earlier, Rohan Mustafa scored 50 off 33 balls with four boundaries and three sixes. Alex Hales cracked 49 off 32 balls with two boundaries and four sixes. Together they put on an opening partnership of 81 in 8.2 overs. When Vipers lost quick wickets, Adam Hose lifted the team by scoring an unbeaten 35 runs off 17 balls with three sixes and two boundaries.

Earlier, the action began with Capitals opting to bowl first against Vipers after winning the toss. Capitals had won the toss and elected to bat first in their last match against Sharjah Warriors only to lose. Vipers’ opener Rohan Mustafa hit Scotland medium pacer Scott Kuggeleijn for two consecutive sixes in the third over, the first shot clearing the long-on and second pulled over square leg. Opener Alex Hales too hit Kuggeleijn’s last delivery for a six over long-off to make it 19 runs off that over. The pair did not spare Jason Holder either and hit him for 17 runs in the fourth over. The 50 runs partnership came in 4.3 overs.

Mustafa reached his half century in 32 balls with four boundaries and three sixes, but fell to the next ball caught by Rahul Chopra at deep square leg off Akif Raja. Colin Munro and Hales took the score past the 100 run mark in the 12th over, and Hales hit Sikandar Raza for two consecutive straight sixes.

Unfortunately, Hales fell one short of his half century when he hit Holder to Roelof Van der Merwe at cover to a slower delivery. This brought in the aggressive Azam Khan but Dushmantha Chameera had him caught by Warner at mid-off for a duck. When Munro too pulled Raza to Kuggeleijn at deep mid-wicket for 16, hopes of a big score began to fade. Then the aggressive Sherfane Rutherford too got out caught by Chopra at deep square leg off Kuggeleijn for a duck. Adam Hose and Wanindu Hasaranga (12) took the score to twenty runs more than the 150 mark.

Losing skipper Munro said: “This was a tough one to swallow. Through the middle it got tough to bat. They bowled really well. Some slower balls gripped a little, and some died. Ben Dunk turned back the clock and played beautifully”.

Player of the Match Dunk said: “It was just great for the team to get back to the winners’ list. I've had my intent every time. Some of the high risk options didn't come off, but today they did. Jason and Rovman at the end are world class finishers and they got it done. It was a hell of a last over; in fairness, he (Pathirana) bowled beautifully.”

Brief scores:

Dubai Capitals bt Desert Vipers by 4 wkts. Desert Vipers 169 for 6 in 20 overs (Rohan Mustafa 50, Alex Hales 49, Adam Hose 35n.o); Dubai Capitals 170 for 6 in 20 overs (Ben Dunk 59, Sikandar Raza 22, Rovman Powell 40n.o, Jason Holder 23n.o, Shaheen Afridi 2 for 47, Wanindu Hasaranaga 2 for 25)

Player of the Match: Ben Dunk

Amir overall economy is 7.5 in the tournament

That’s brilliant

Score Updates

Sharjah Warriors 129 all out (20 overs)

MI Emirates 90/1 after 8 overs

Table leaders MI Emirates outplay Sharjah Warriors by eight wickets

Sharjah Warriors crashed before the might of table toppers MI Emirates and succumbed to an eight-wicket defeat in the 18th match of the DP World ILT20 season 2 at the Zayed Cricket Stadium on Friday. Emirates displayed their bowling skills to restrict Warriors to 129 through left-arm spinners Waqar Salamkheil (3 for 18) and Akeal Hoesin (2 for 20). They spun a web around Warriors’ batters to strangle their run flow, while experienced pacer Trent Boult chipped in with two wickets for 29.

Except for Johnson Charles who hit 29 off 31 balls with three boundaries and a six, and Williams’ 35 off 25 balls with three boundaries and a six, none of the Warriors’ batters could rise to the challenge.

MI Emirates then exhibited their batting might too and breezed to the target in 11.1 overs. UAE skipper and MI Emirates opener Muhammad Waseem played an exquisite knock filled with audacious strokes. He hit Chris Woakes for two consecutive boundaries in the first over and then went on to thrash Mark Watt for three sixes and two boundaries and take 27 runs off his over. When Kusal Perera too hit two boundaries off Woakes, MI Emirates reached the 50-run mark in just three overs. The way the pair smashed the attack it looked like they were racing as to who would be the first to reach their half century.

Left-arm pacer Muhammad Jawadullah got Waseem out caught at mid-wicket by Williams for 37. His knock off 13 balls had four boundaries and three sixes. He put on 80 runs in 5.3 overs. Perera too followed clean-bowled by James Fuller for 47 off 27 balls with five boundaries and two sixes. Skipper Nicholas Pooran (24n.o) and Andre Fletcher (22n.o) steered their team smoothly to the target with 53 balls to spare.

Earlier, MI Emirates, who had bowled out Warriors for 74 and won by 106 runs in their previous match, won the toss and elected to bowl. Warriors opener Charles hit the first aggressive shot by smashing Boult for a six over deep mid-wicket and a boundary to mid-on in the second over. Opener Niroshan Dickwella then hit two successive boundaries off Hosein in the third over. Boult stopped Dickwella, whose flick took a top edge and got caught by Hosein at mid-on for 17. Charles, on 18, would have followed, but Hosein dropped an easy catch at mid-on off Fazalhaq Faooqi.

One-drop Mark Deyal lasted only seven balls to score nine runs before falling to Salamkheil. In the eighth over, Hosein struck twice to trap Charles (29), and Basil Hameed leg before with successive deliveries. This put a break on the run flow and at the half way mark, Warriors were struggling at 62 for 4. For 31 balls, Warriors could not score any boundaries until Sean Williams scored one off Muhammad Rohid in the 12th over. In the 14th over, Salamkheil struck off successive deliveries trapping Lewis Greogory leg before for 11 and clean bowled Daniel Sams.

Williams and James Fuller pushed the score to 106 by the 15th over, but Farooqi clean bowled Fuller for 4. Boult took his second wicket clean bowling Williams, who scored a fighting 35 runs, and Warriors were thus bowled out for a slender total of 74.

MI Emirates skipper Nicholas Pooran hailed his team stating: “It was just about picking ourselves up after our last game. The guys have been fantastic. Every bowler has been excellent. We played here last year and gained a lot of knowledge. Tonight, we thought spin would play a part. We thought Akeal's natural variation would help. Same for Salamkheil as well. I mean whether we experiment or not, the goal is to win.”

Lewis Gregory, who captained Warriors, said: “It was a tough night for us. Although we got off to a decent start, we lost wickets in clumps. We did not quite get going in the middle overs. But Sean played brilliantly for us. No one else got going.”

Brief scores:

MI Emirates bt Sharjah Warriors by 8 wkts. Sharjah Warriors 129 in 20 overs (Johnson Charles 29, Sean Williams 35, Akeal Hosein 2 for 20, Trent Boult 2 for 29, Waqar Salamkheil 3 for 18) MI Emirates 133 for 2 in 11.1 overs (Muhammad Waseem 37, Kusal Perera 47, Andre Fletcher 22n.o, Nicholas Pooran 24n.o)

Player of the Match: Waqar Salamkheil

Gulf Gaints vs Desert Vipers

Vipers chose to field

GG 29/1 (4 overs)

Mohammad Amir 1/13 (2 overs)

Azam 46* off 17

But Pakistan will prefer Shan Masood to bat in the middle for them

According to @hitthestump

Modern Batting means nothing if you can’t bat. He would pick Shan Masood or Saud Shakeel to play for Pakistan instead of Azam Khan

18 ball 50 by big AZ. Fastest in ILT20

I challenge EVERY batter in Pakistan to break this record batting outside the powerplay!

Azam Khan and Mohammad Amir shine for Desert Vipers. Azam Khan scoring a breathtaking 50*(20), meanwhile, Mohammad Amir took 3/34 in 4 overs against Gulf Gaints.

Desert Vipers won by 6 wickets, with 19 balls remaining.

Toss Update

The coin has flipped in favour of Dubai Capitals and they have elected to field first against Abu Dhabi Knight Riders.

Abu Dhabi Knight Riders beat Dubai Capitals by 29 runs.​

Abu Dhabi Knight Riders 183 all out (20)
Dubai Capitals 154/8 (20)

18 ball 50 by big AZ. Fastest in ILT20

I challenge EVERY batter in Pakistan to break this record batting outside the powerplay!
I challenge him to lose some weight and improve his international batting average of 4.

I challenge him to lose some weight and improve his international batting average of 4.
That’s easy, let him bat against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka on Pindi roads and he will climb up the ICC rankings too.

That’s easy, let him bat against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka on Pindi roads and he will climb up the ICC rankings too.
How about losing weight? For him to score against those teams, he will need to be selected first. If that's a dig at Babar, he's failed against Sri Lanka in fact that's his worst team in t20s while his record against Zimbabwe is also average. Try again.

Azam Khan and Mohammad Amir shine for Desert Vipers. Azam Khan scoring a breathtaking 50*(20), meanwhile, Mohammad Amir took 3/34 in 4 overs against Gulf Gaints.

Desert Vipers won by 6 wickets, with 19 balls remaining.

787szv5.jpg

Azam Khan’s fastest half century in ILT20 Dubai

Azam Khan hit the fastest half century in the history of ILT20 off just 18 balls to lift Desert Vipers to a six-wicket win over Gulf Giants in the 19th match of the ILT20 season 2 at the Dubai International Stadium.

Khan remained unconquered on 50 off 20 balls with five boundaries and four sixes, and along with his skipper Colin Munro, who scored 51 off 36 balls with six boundaries and two sixes, they won the match with 19 balls to spare.

This victory helped Vipers to move to the third slot in the points table while defending champions Giants slipped to the bottom of the table.

The ease with which Khan hit sixes and scored boundaries off unorthodox shots enthralled the large Saturday crowd as Vipers chased the target of 161 to win in 16.5 overs.

Gulf Giants had posted 160 for 7 in 20 overs through Chris Lynn’s 31, Jordan Cox’s 26, and Shimron Hetmyer breezy unbeaten 40 off 23 balls with five boundaries and one six.

Mohammad Amir bowled brilliantly to check the run flow with a spell of 3 for 34, backed by Wanindu Hasaranga (2 for 15) and Matheesha Pathirana (2 for 38).

Brief scores:

Desert Vipers bt Gulf Giants by 6 wkts.

Gulf Giants 160 for 7 in 20 overs (Chris Lynn 31, Jordan Cox 26, Shimron Hetmyer 40n.o, Mohammad Amir 3 for 34, Wanindu Hasaranga 2 for 15, Matheesha Pathirana 2 for 38)

Desert Vipers 161 for 4 in 16.5 overs (Alex Hales 44, Colin Munro 51, Azam Khan 50n.o, Zuhaib Zubair 2 for 49)

Player of the Match: Azam Khan

MI Emirates vs Desert Vipers

Vipers won the toss and chose to field

MI Emirates 28/1 (3.3 overs)

Mohammad Amir 1/10 in 2 overs, Mohammad Amir is very consistent in taking wickets in power play in franchise cricket.

MI Emirates vs Desert Vipers

Vipers won the toss and chose to field

MI Emirates 28/1 (3.3 overs)

Mohammad Amir 1/10 in 2 overs, Mohammad Amir is very consistent in taking wickets in power play in franchise cricket.
Innings break

MI Emirates 188/5 (20 overs)

So, Amir ended up taking 2 wickets for 29 runs in 4 overs for Desert Vipers against MI Emirates in ILT20 2024. Overall, if we see it, it was a good contribution, including his ability to take wickets in the Powerplay.

Back