PM Modi faces social media roasting for allegedly ‘mocking’ Sonia Gandhi’s widow status

Madplayer

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Narendra Modi has often earned the wrath of his political opponents and neutral journalists in India for bringing the office of India’s prime minister to disrepute. Time and again, he’s been accused of making lowly remarks targeting his political opponents and lying for electoral gains. Now the prime minister has found himself in a spot of bother for allegedly making fun of former Congress President Sonia Gandhi’s status as a widow. This was after a video of Modi’s speech from an election rally in Rajasthan went viral on social media platforms.

Addressing an election rally in Rajasthan on 4 December, a day before the last day of campaigning for the assembly elections, Modi was attacking the Congress for allegedly being the harbinger of corruption in India since it governed the country for the longest period of time. It was during his speech when he said, “Can you imagine? The Congress ran a government in our country, where an unborn daughter was not just shown born but also dead and her widow’s pension was also shown to be paid. Which widow used to receive this money? Who was this widow in the Congress whose account this money used to be transferred?”

Ever since the clip has gone viral, journalists and social media users have begun slamming the prime minister for allegedly mocking the widow status of Sonia Gandhi, who was the ruling UPA chairperson during the Manmohan Singh government between 2004 and 2014. Gandhi’s husband and former prime minister, Rajiv Gandhi, was killed by LTTE terrorists in 1991.

Former Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah wrote, “New low by [MENTION=140582]Naren[/MENTION]dramodi. His insensitive comments on opposition leaders are a blot on the chair of PM. There are many things that he has to learn from Mr. Manmohan Singh. He has insulted the whole women fraternity in his urge to target opposition.”

Journalist Swati Chaturvedi tagged the prime minister while writing, “New low. @PMOIndia has dragged down the discourse to utter debasement. Desperation?”

Activist Sadhavi Khosla tweeted, “How does a woman survives the pain when she receives the mutilated body of her husband – the man for whom she left everything? I feel, we as a country have been extremely cold and compassionless towards [MENTION=5110]sonia[/MENTION]GOfficial Mr. Modi’s remark on her being a widow is regrettable.”

User Savvy Priya wrote on Twitter, “How crass? The worst PM of India to use such a derogatory language ‘Which Congress widow benefitted from govt scheme?’ says PM Modi; Cong claims Sonia Gandhi ‘insulted.”

Source : https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.ja...ocking-sonia-gandhis-widow-status/222576/amp/

Nothing uttered out of Modi's garbage mouth surprises me. He has to be most foul mouthed politician ever.

There are enough legit faults in Sonia Gandhi to target, but to leave all that and harp on about her widowhood or foreign origins is the lowest of all lows. Is this a PM or an uncouth roadside loafer?

Why is that Sonia Gandhi can easily pass off an ethnic Indian? Is she not white Italian?

There are enough legit faults in Sonia Gandhi to target, but to leave all that and harp on about her widowhood or foreign origins is the lowest of all lows. Is this a PM or an uncouth roadside loafer?

Well said , no grace in him ,even my mother other day watching his speech during MP elections said the same.

Well said , no grace in him ,even my mother other day watching his speech during MP elections said the same.

it is only going to get worse. even a corrupt congress would be better than modi with his 56 inch and PR pics with his mother, building taller statues, renaming cities and playing victim of the system. it has to go worse before it gets better.

A tampered video. I really have to pity all the modi haters. At least, be honest in your criticism instead they keep losing their own credibility.

A lesson, just dont see a title and react accordingly.

A tampered video. I really have to pity all the modi haters. At least, be honest in your criticism instead they keep losing their own credibility.

A lesson, just dont see a title and react accordingly.

A source of the news is provided. Sue the source if you believe they have tampered with the video.

A source of the news is provided. Sue the source if you believe they have tampered with the video.

Seriously? Its proven tampered and you ought to watch the video yourself. I wish India had strict accountability when it came to fake news. Its the classic, lie BIG & apology SMALL, and Modi is the big victim of it.

it is only going to get worse. even a corrupt congress would be better than modi ji with his 56 inch and PR pics with his mother, building taller statues, renaming cities and playing victim of the system. it has to go worse before it gets better.
You forgot to add Ji.

Show some respect to the man who is not only our Prime Minister but also responsible for demonetisation. Thanks. :inti

What do you expect from an illiterate hindu fascist former chaiwala?

Modi is a cancer to India. This guy has single handedly broken the country. The damage that Modi has done to India, i fear it might take a long long time to undo it.

In a country where womens suffer this is not what a PM should be saying.

Where is his own wife?

alleged mocking of Sonia Gandhi's widow status by PM Modi is regrettable if true. Political discourse should maintain decorum and respect for personal sensitivities. Criticism should focus on policies and actions rather than personal attributes. Constructive dialogue fosters a healthier democratic environment conducive to progress and understanding.

alleged mocking of Sonia Gandhi's widow status by PM Modi is regrettable if true. Political discourse should maintain decorum and respect for personal sensitivities. Criticism should focus on policies and actions rather than personal attributes. Constructive dialogue fosters a healthier democratic environment conducive to progress and understanding.
You have knocked your debut ball for 6. Now be prepared for a bouncer barrage.

Back