PML-N govt outshines PPP in performance: Gallup poll

quite a few views but no replies...wonder why. :)) :ik :))

N league was always more competent than PPP, but it still has A TON of stuff to do to be deemed marginally reliable.

From what I'm understanding though - their foreign policy is in the gutter, there's no coherent logic to tackling the security situation and its economic reforms/policies are inherently oligarchic - designed to benefit a select few.

There's miles to be achieved, especially in education and security. Lets hope the next 4 years brings factual growth, development and prosperity to the nation!

N league was always more competent than PPP, but it still has A TON of stuff to do to be deemed marginally reliable.

From what I'm understanding though - their foreign policy is in the gutter, there's no coherent logic to tackling the security situation and its economic reforms/policies are inherently oligarchic - designed to benefit a select few.

There's miles to be achieved, especially in education and security. Lets hope the next 4 years brings factual growth, development and prosperity to the nation!

1 - Foreign policy in the gutter...when was the last time the premiers of countries like Turkey, South Korea, UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Qatar or China visited Pakistan?

when was the last time these countries were willing to invest in Pakistan?

when was the last time India was willing to conduct talks with Pakistan?

when was the last time the USA was talking about investment and not about terrorism with Pakistan?

2 - The logic to tackle the security situation (although I may not agree with it) seems pretty clear...detach and try to engage those who are willing to talk, eliminate those who are not.

and it seems to be working, there have not been any drone attacks for quite some time, and March 2014 was in fact the most peaceful month we have had in the last 6 YEARS.

3 - Education reform is a largely provincial concern but even then:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Over 140,000 new teachers appointed purely on merit in Punjab in recent years. Education Roadmap, building the future of the province.</p>— Sir Michael Barber (@MichaelBarber9) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelBarber9/statuses/456264277465526272">April 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4 - Economic and infrastructural growth is there for all to see, many power plant projects have been launched, the Pak rupee has strengthened considerably against the dollar, exports and investment all showing positive trends.

PM Youth Loan scheme and Self Employment Scheme for working women hardly sound like the ''benefit of a select few''

Imran Khan does not head PPP.

read the article.

Actually we have to give some credit to continuous democracy as well for improvement of governance in every province look how two consecutive elections result in visible improvement of performance in all provinces including Sindh but still a long way to go on key issues including social reforms.

Last edited:
Sheikh Rasheed Response on Recent Gallup Survey...

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="350" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x1oqjfx" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1oqjfx_sheikh-rasheed-response-on-recent-gallup-survey-must-watch_news" target="_blank"></a> <i>

Analyst Arif Hameed bashing Nawaz Sharif for its bad governance

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://tune.pk/player/embed_player.php?vid=2602632&folder=2014/04/16/&width=600&height=350&autoplay=no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

Last edited:
Pakistanis tend to get too polarised in their opinions, and online it's ten times worse as too many idiots use access to the web to vent their ugly ethnic prejudices. Credit to the average public in that they have been able to look past that and vote for parties according to their policy rather than ethnic slant. Otherwise PPP would never have won an election in Pakistan. PML-N will be criticised like any other party but even in previous terms the Sharif govt had some productive policies in fields such as commerce.

AZ bhai - all that you said is fine and dandy - but what concerns me is

- the reliance purely on investment to boost GDP (knowing it is perhaps the most volatile component when calculating the GDP)
- the mystery "investment" worth billions from a "friendly nation" and its consequences.
- the rupee appreciation - which has antagonised exporters (particularly the rice manufacturers) and trade liberalising with India which would benefit mainly textile owners, but increase competition for local manufacturers. Plus, this appreciation had had no effect on the inflation.

Tons of foreign dignatories visited during the PPP regime too - we need results. N-league can deliver, though it needs to step up a bit,

So it's a big deal to beat PPP? :)). It sounds like they have achieved heavens :p. And paid surveys will be the deciding about the governments performances now? LOL!!

4 - Economic and infrastructural growth is there for all to see, many power plant projects have been launched, the Pak rupee has strengthened considerably against the dollar, exports and investment all showing positive trends.

PM Youth Loan scheme and Self Employment Scheme for working women hardly sound like the ''benefit of a select few''

Rupee strengthened due to our growth in economy or Saudi Arabia's friendly gift? :))

Youth loans were said to be interest free and there is 15 to 17% mark up rate.

Provide what you promised. Don't cheat people pls.

Last edited:

- the reliance purely on investment to boost GDP (knowing it is perhaps the most volatile component when calculating the GDP)
- the mystery "investment" worth billions from a "friendly nation" and its consequences.
- the rupee appreciation - which has antagonised exporters (particularly the rice manufacturers) and trade liberalising with India which would benefit mainly textile owners, but increase competition for local manufacturers. Plus, this appreciation had had no effect on the inflation.

Tons of foreign dignatories visited during the PPP regime too - we need results. N-league can deliver, though it needs to step up a bit,

We have to quit Iran Gas Pipeline Project which was so so vital and beneficial for Pakistan. We have to distance ourselves from Iran. Provide arms to Saudi Arabia that will be used in Civil War in Syria. These are the only few consequences and minor in the eyes N-League fan boys.

Economy recorded a positive 48% comparative net performance, Pak India relations 22%, foreign policy 33%, terrorism control 31%, corruption control 36% and inflation control 20% net change,

This is laughable really.

How these things could be ascertained in percentages even by expert statisticians let alone the public opinion?

Last edited:
I have got no experience whatsoever but if you give me 5 years, i can guarantee to perform much better than PPP, what does that tell you about them?? PMLN was always going to perform better than PPP even with zero effort. Problem with PMLN is that they never address the core issues of health & education. All they do is build some fancy mega projects and everything seems rosy for their supporters.

We all heard Shahbaz Sharif repeatedly claiming power shortage issue will be resolved in 6 months, 1 yr, 2 yrs etc. Yesterday he admitted "We claimed to resolve this in 2 years but when we came to power, we realised the magnitude of problem was much bigger than we imagined". REALLY?? People suffered for 5 years and almost everyone knew magnitude of problem and you claim to be most experienced party? Khawaja Saad Rafiq also claimed to provide bullet train before election and admitted after election it was a dream & we didn't realize costs involved??

how many of those were the heads of state putting their money where their mouth is and willing to invest in Pak?

LOL, now complaining about rupee appreciation...please make up your mind about what you want.

Rupee strengthened due to our growth in economy or Saudi Arabia's friendly gift? :))

Youth loans were said to be interest free and there is 15 to 17% mark up rate.

Provide what you promised. Don't cheat people pls.

We have to quit Iran Gas Pipeline Project which was so so vital and beneficial for Pakistan. We have to distance ourselves from Iran. Provide arms to Saudi Arabia that will be used in Civil War in Syria. These are the only few consequences and minor in the eyes N-League fan boys.

PM is on record on saying we cannot afford to build it at this stage and Iran has backed out of financing it as well.

the rest is merely speculation on your part, let's deal in facts.

HAha its a Jaati Umra survey dont get excited on this and PPP tenure is not the ideal barometer to judge yourself

HAha its a Jaati Umra survey dont get excited on this and PPP tenure is not the ideal barometer to judge yourself

by quoting Sheikh Rasheed you only expose yourself as a bigger idiot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gallup Survey has proven PTI right. Want 2 congratulate KP govt 4 delivering 2 the ppl despite acute security threats.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/statuses/452499126790680576">April 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

IK is a pet of Jati Umra, then?

by quoting Sheikh Rasheed you only expose yourself as a bigger idiot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gallup Survey has proven PTI right. Want 2 congratulate KP govt 4 delivering 2 the ppl despite acute security threats.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/statuses/452499126790680576">April 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

IK is a pet of Jati Umra, then?

Haha dont a Noora supporter calling others idiot what more can we expect :))) carry on

how many of those were the heads of state putting their money where their mouth is and willing to invest in Pak?

LOL, now complaining about rupee appreciation...please make up your mind about what you want.

PM is on record on saying we cannot afford to build it at this stage and Iran has backed out of financing it as well.

Not complaining, I am stating a fact.

Rupee appreciation has caused more harm than good. Even exporters would have been able to tolerate losses had there been a consequential decrease in inflation. But inflation remained where it was, and the costs of production ran up and made our exports way more expensive abroad.

And how does the govt restore confidence to exporters? By announcing trade liberalisation with India - which would supposedly "triple textile exports to the country" (benefiting the large-scale textile owners), while putting simple shopkeepers and small-scale producers out of business due to the influx of cheaper products from India.

Tribune and Dawn published very good articles on the issue.

As far as investment is concerned - again, time will tell about the efficacy of FDI - but for now, I'd rather see some hard gvt spending than pure reliance on FDI.

LOL! PM had to find a reason to stop it otherwise he would have disobeyed his friends. Several advancements were made and there was no issue for in terms of finance during PPP's reign. As soon as N-league came, Iran starts having financial issues. Iran knows where the loyalties of N-league lies. Not defending PPP but it was terrible and most hurting idea to shut that project.

he said this months before this 'gift' from Saudi Arabia was given, please do not post half-truths.

Iranian economy has also been under pressure for quite some time due to restrictions on them because of the nuclear issue, they were the ones who backed out.

LOL! PM had to find a reason to stop it otherwise he would have disobeyed his friends. Several advancements were made and there was no issue for in terms of finance during PPP's reign. As soon as N-league came, Iran starts having financial issues. Iran knows where the loyalties of N-league lies. Not defending PPP but it was terrible and most hurting idea to shut that project.

I am hardly a supporter of PML-N(actually can be classified as anti) but Iran gas pipeline issue is more complex than saudi-iran side taking. Iran is under sanctions from 2 of the biggest trade partners of Pakistan-US and Europe, their duty incentives on Pakistan exports make sure of secure large textile exports to these countries despite competition from Bangladesh etc, Pak cant endanger these incentive onus also lies on Iran to get some sense and decrease its world isolation by dialogue(Which Iran is trying now) and Pak is/can help as a bridge b/w west and Iran.

Pakistan backed out of the IP pipeline,not Iran.They have already built their side of the pipeline.

The day NS was elected,I said that we can say bye bye to the pipeline. It was expected.

Iran is supplying gas to other 3/4 countries including Turkey,so all the hogwash about sanctions being imposed on Pakistan is aughable.

Gallup Pakistan has nothing to do with the US-based Gallup. It is associated with the UK-based Gallup International Association, and does not have a good reputation.

This is what it says at bottom of their website
Gallup Pakistan is not related to Gallup Inc. headquartered in Washington D.C. USA. We require that our surveys be credited fully as Gallup Pakistan (not Gallup or Gallup Poll). We disclaim any responsibility for surveys pertaining to Pakistani public opinion except those carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International Association. For details on Gallup International Association see website: www.gallup-international.com

IK made a mistake by quoting Gallup Pakistan's survey because it's not very credible and its founder has been associated with Nawaz sharif in the past.

Dr. Ijaz Shafi Gilani, founder of Gallup Pakistan, served as Advisor to the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chairman of the Prime Minister's Committee for Research and Analysis from 1991 to 1993

The title of this thread is misleading. It should say "Gallup Pakistan Poll" instead of "Gallup Poll"

Last edited:
I don't know why but sometimes AZ just wants to bash PTI supports and defends the most absurd things.

All that aside, the Iran Gas pipeline wasn't a viable solution. They were selling gas at a much higher rate and we would be better off if we properly handled the thar coal project

The title of this thread is misleading. It should say "Gallup Pakistan Poll" instead of "Gallup Poll"

I have taken the thread title from the heading of the article posted in the opening post.

As a side note, I would like to use this opportunity to clarify that I by no means aim to push any agendas by having added this thread. I support no political party in the country and just thought that this will be something interesting to discuss by our valued members of the forum.

Gallup Pakistan has nothing to do with the US-based Gallup. It is associated with the UK-based Gallup International Association, and does not have a good reputation.

This is what it says at bottom of their website

IK made a mistake by quoting Gallup Pakistan's survey because it's not very credible and its founder has been associated with Nawaz sharif in the past.

Dr. Ijaz Shafi Gilani, founder of Gallup Pakistan, served as Advisor to the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chairman of the Prime Minister's Committee for Research and Analysis from 1991 to 1993

LOL @ IK made a mistake...this is the best you can come up with?

I don't know why but sometimes AZ just wants to bash PTI supports and defends the most absurd things.

All that aside, the Iran Gas pipeline wasn't a viable solution. They were selling gas at a much higher rate and we would be better off if we properly handled the thar coal project

if what I am saying is so "absurd" then why are you also agreeing that the Iran pipeline was not feasible?

and am not making up consipracy theories like some of our friends in this thread, simply stating what was said by the PM himself.

why was it not viable?
If it was not viable...why successive governments were pursuing it?

How did they manage to calculate that foreign policy had shown 33 % positive impact and India relations 22 %?
And what is meant by corruption control success of 36 % ?

if what I am saying is so "absurd" then why are you also agreeing that the Iran pipeline was not feasible?

and am not making up consipracy theories like some of our friends in this thread, simply stating what was said by the PM himself.

I agree with you on the Iran Gas pipeline thing. But that doesn't mean Nawaz doesn't have a special relationship with Saudi. How can you deny that?

why was it not viable?
If it was not viable...why successive governments were pursuing it?

Samar Mubarakmand said in an interview that once the figures were calculated it was not that useful. Not only would it not cover the shortage but the amount we did but was going to be sold at a very high price.

I'm going on just what he said and he's a top scientist. I don't know the facts..

N-league is only good at developing Lahore and motorways.

PTI on the other hand is good at mainstreaming Talibans and terrorists and being their apologist.

I agree with you on the Iran Gas pipeline thing. But that doesn't mean Nawaz doesn't have a special relationship with Saudi. How can you deny that?

Samar Mubarakmand said in an interview that once the figures were calculated it was not that useful. Not only would it not cover the shortage but the amount we did but was going to be sold at a very high price.

I'm going on just what he said and he's a top scientist. I don't know the facts..

He would say that because he wants Thar exploited by one of his companies via underground coal gasification. His opinion is very biased. Unfortunately, Thar coal has high sulphur and low calorific content... I am invested in Thar via Oracle Coalfields, you will see us discussing it sometimes on the shares thread.

The issue is of pricing, that can be negotiated down especially as they need to sell to you. They do not have many other customers! It provides Pakistan alternative source without destroying the environment in Thar. Iran provides to Turkey, why is not an issue for them.

If Iran is providing it a higher rate than what is does to Turkey then unfortunately its incompetence or deliberate corruption on Pakistani side. You do not just cut away alternative sources of energy into the country when you do not generate enough to meet the needs.

Last edited:
LOL! Since the day Iran Gas Pipeline Project was initiated, it was said that it will reduce the price for consumers by 30% to 40%. Here people are talking about it being a expensive project :)).

he said this months before this 'gift' from Saudi Arabia was given, please do not post half-truths.

Iranian economy has also been under pressure for quite some time due to restrictions on them because of the nuclear issue, they were the ones who backed out.

As if he didn't knew that the gift is coming and he didn't have to distance from Iran :)).

Institutions matter

By Faisal Bari

IF there is one lesson that is emerging from the recent literature on development and long-term growth, it is about the importance of institutions and the quality of these institutions. Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson (Why Nations Fail) highlight the role of institutions in ensuring growth, development and progress, while economist Thomas Piketty speaks of the role of various institutions in curbing or limiting the excesses of capitalism effectively.

But this lesson is wasted on Pakistani governments, whose short-term interests almost always trump the need for strengthening institutions and abiding by the constraints laid down by institutional rules and regulations. Some people thought the current government, after the experience of previous dispensations since 1999, would have learnt a lesson. But, one year after this government came to power, we know better.

The latest confirmation, in this regard, has been the appointment of the governor of the State Bank of Pakistan. Other countries find the very best monetary economics and banking area experts, with plenty of experience at the senior level, for such appointments.

Janet Yellen, a famous economist, is chair of the US Federal Reserve. Mark Carney, governor, Bank of England, has a doctorate in economics from Oxford. Raghuram Rajan, governor, Reserve Bank of India, is a very well-published finance professor. Alexandre Tombini, governor, Central Bank of Brazil, has a doctorate in economics. Atiur Rahman, governor, Bangladesh Bank, was a professor and has a doctorate in economics from the University of London. Yuba Khatiwada, governor, Nepal Rastra Bank has a doctorate in monetary economics. Erdem Basci, governor, Central Bank of Turkey, has a doctorate in economics. All of them have extensive experience of monetary economics, policy, banking and/or administration.

How does our latest appointment at the SBP compare? This appointment has come in the wake of many years of poor handling of the autonomy issue at the bank and the resignations of several governors. Instead of addressing concerns relating to autonomy and right leadership at the SBP, the latest appointment has confirmed that the finance minister and his ministry need subservience as a necessary condition for the appointment of any SBP governor.

The PML-N has had many opportunities to learn from history. It had taken on the Supreme Court in its last stint at the centre and, whatever the merits of the issue, had ended up weakening the court and the judicial system of the country. Invasions of the Supreme Court and removal of chief justices under duress are not ways of strengthening the institution. When the PML-N government needed the court to rebuff the military takeover, it was no surprise that it did not find the court able or willing to stand up to the illegal moves by the military.

The issue of the SBP is not an isolated one, and it reflects the PML-N’s general style of governance. The inability to create and strengthen institutions shows up in all spheres of the PML-N’s governance. In Punjab, the decision to create Daanish schools — a poor decision and one that is often only praised by sycophants — was taken without any due process or consultation. Even today, after years of some of these schools being in operation, do we have a single study that justifies or explains the immense expenditure that has been incurred in setting them up and running them? Where the cost incurred on a child in a normal public school in Punjab is Rs2,000 or so per month, each child in a Daanish school costs more than Rs12,000 per month. The capital expenditure for setting up these schools is separate.

The same holds true for the decision to give away 200,000 laptops at the cost of Rs10 billion. The other day, we heard that the Punjab government is going to distribute another 100,000 laptops. What were the gains from the first distribution?

The Punjab chief minister is often praised for his immense energy, zeal and commitment to work. He is shown standing knee-deep in rain/floodwater supervising operations; he is the one who gets the dengue campaigns going; and it was his personal supervision and enthusiasm that got the Lahore Metro service going. These are all worthy pursuits.

But should the chief minister of a province with a population of 90 million be spending time on these issues? Is it not a failure of administration if the chief minister has to stand on top of his health officials to monitor the dengue campaign or if the entire provincial administration has to get involved in the metro service? What happens when the chief minister is not involved? Evidence suggests things stop working as soon as his attention is diverted.

When the Sikandar Hayat fiasco took place on Jinnah Avenue in Islamabad, one of the statements that had come from the interior minister was that people had no idea how limited the capacities of our law enforcement agencies were and how even he had been surprised when after taking over he took a look at the issue in more detail. When institutions are not built and merit is not followed, when institutional cultures are not allowed to develop and governance is not brought under the law, and when governance is supposed to mean that the will of the sovereign reigns supreme, is it any wonder that capacities remain low?

http://www.dawn.com/news/1105217/institutions-matter

Misguided optimism

By Faisal Bari

THE GDP growth rate for the last quarter was only about 3.2pc. It was reported to be 5pc for the first quarter of the fiscal year. The government, in its enthusiasm to share only good news, probably overstated the growth rate for the first quarter and had to adjust it in figures for the second quarter. Whatever the reason, the growth numbers are not really portraying any recovery trends.

The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is struggling to ensure it is able to achieve its revised targets for revenue collection. It is likely that its efforts will fall short. More importantly, there’s been little effort to work on issues of either broadening the tax base and tax net or removing glaring exemptions/subsidies especially from the income tax system. Agriculturists and traders continue to be under-taxed.

But there have been celebrations for the appreciation of the rupee. Bringing the rupee rate to Rs96-97 to the dollar has been celebrated as an important milestone. What is the increasing value of the rupee supposed to show? Usually appreciation is underpinned by the strength of basic and important variables in the economy. This is why appreciation of a currency is taken to be a signal of the strength of the economy. In this case, the appreciation had nothing to do with the strength of the economy. ‘Gifts’ from ‘friends’ and borrowings from international markets seem to have given us the opportunity to allow the rupee to appreciate. How is this important, and why should this be taken as a sign of the economy’s strength?

Why is the government taking Rs96-97 as a target for the exchange rate? The specific level of the exchange rate is not a policy variable or even a variable of interest. We do want the exchange rate to be relatively stable but a peg, given we are in a flexible rate regime, is not important and definitely not desirable. Does the government really think that Rs96-97 is the equilibrium value of the exchange rate right now? If so, the exchange rate should have stabilised at that value without the need for borrowed and/or gifted inflows. Clearly this is not the case and it does not make sense for the government to try and defend such an exchange rate or to expend energy on maintaining it.

The macroeconomic debate in Pakistan seems to be in a strange place. The government raised $2 billion from international markets through issuing bonds. This is being celebrated. The narrative is that the subscription shows a successful return for Pakistan to international money markets. While this might be a successful ‘return’, why would success at borrowing be seen as either a sign of economic ‘recovery’ or as a success of the policies of the government in power? We are borrowing money from any and every source we can tap: multilaterals, international markets, ‘friends’ and more. This is boosting our foreign reserves and helping us keep the exchange rate stable. But how can borrowing be a sign of good economic policy or of economic recovery?

We just sold the 3G/4G spectrum rights for $ 1.1bn. These inflows will help keep the narrative of stability going for some time. The government has ambitious plans for selling off state entities too. If privatisation of these entities does go ahead as expected, they will also bring in cash. This will allow the government some space to keep the foreign account and exchange rate relatively stable for some time, and also give the government fiscal space. But even privatisation and selling off assets that belong to the people of Pakistan is not a remedy for economic recovery and will not address some of the basic problems the economy faces.

It is in the area of reforms needed at the micro level in the economy where the government is seen to be failing. What has been achieved on the tax reform front? Have the number of taxpayers increased substantially? Have distortions in the income tax and sales tax structures been removed? Has the government been able to remove all the SROs of the FBR or even get rid of the SRO culture within the FBR? Have agriculturists, traders, wholesalers, retailers etc been brought into the tax net? Are people more willing to pay taxes? Has the government been able to convince Pakistanis they need to pay their taxes?

On the trade front, has the government been able to remove some or any of the more glaring distortions we have been living with for decades? Is the auto sector any less protected? More generally, has the government had any success in dealing with problems associated with the property rights regime or contract enforcement? Has the cost of doing business come down? Has the investment climate for domestic investors improved in any way? The answer to these questions appears to be a resounding no. How then can we expect the stability story to continue and how can we take stability on the foreign exchange front to be a sign of economic recovery?

Stability through ‘gifts’ and borrowing is not a macroeconomic policy and nothing to celebrate. If problems — within the economy and at the micro level — that have been dogging us for decades are not addressed, any stability gained through borrowing or even privatisation proceeds will be short-lived.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1102199/misguided-optimism

Pakistanis deserve all this what they are getting for their selfish and ignorant behavior.

A road is being constructed near by my house and the contractor is using substandard material like they usually do.
But when you share this with any person he would say, "kon sa hamara paesa kha raha ha, hukumat k hi hein na" or some other would say"jaesa mrzi hamein to bas kaam chahye"

They even don't know that a middle class citizen pays government thousands of rupees in taxes every month. Who would tell them that this is their money which he is plundering in collusion with MPA.

PMLN is a product of worst rigging in Pakistan's history, and a huge hurdle in holding corruption-free, fair elections in future.

They're no doubt better than PPP, but still a bunch of corrupt monarchistic thugs, nepotism at its peak.
Entire Nawaz family is given important positions and jobs, from Maryam Nawaz to Noora's nephew, to son of Shahbaz. No better than PPP's family politics.

No matter what they do, supporting them and voting for them is sort of ghaddaari to your country, because everyone, even Noora supporters know they are a product of corruption and rigging.

This rigging/corruption will NEVER allow any honest government to take-over, we will never see true democracy. The circus will continue between PPP/PMLN/MQM/ANP.

Last edited:
and PPP is good for liberals like you I guess

Much as you'd like to believe that and feel better, fact of the matter is that liberals don't really have any political representation whatsoever in this country. They're about as well represented as Ahmadis and much less so than other religious minorities. Only thing liberal about PPP is their rhetoric and that too only occasionally (remember Rahman Malik's public proclamation that he'd personally strangle any blasphemer), mostly when they're not in power. In practice, PPP is about as liberal as Nooras or your clean shaven Jamatis. If you actually believe that any liberal in their right would want to associate with PPP in any capacity, much less support them, you're more delusional than that those who think the Saudi donation was a good thing but hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Last edited:
Much as you'd like to believe that and feel better, fact of the matter is that liberals don't really have any political representation whatsoever in this country. They're about as well represented as Ahmadis and much less so than other religious minorities. Only thing liberal about PPP is their rhetoric and that too only occasionally (remember Rahman Malik's public proclamation that he'd personally strangle any blasphemer), mostly when they're not in power. In practice, PPP is about as liberal as Nooras or your clean shaven Jamatis. If you actually believe that any liberal in their right would want to associate with PPP in any capacity, much less support them, you're more delusional than that those who think the Saudi donation was a good thing but hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

An excellent post!

So, you are a Pakistani ? and a liberal one?

I am an Indian who supports the Shiv Sena.

On a serious note, pretty much so as you understand. I don't support any party however. Although I did want the PTI/Imran Khan to win the elections in 2013 and thus be given a chance.

I just wanted to ask that how did you find that post excellent.

1) The tone of the poster?

or

1) His view that liberals don't have a representation ?

I just wanted to ask that how did you find that post excellent.

1) The tone of the poster?

or

1) His view that liberals don't have a representation ?

I am not a fan of aggressive posting style (no offence to brother DW44), but the sad reality is, not many get their point across with lovie-dovie words - myself included of course:).

I hope that answers your question.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the first time in the history of Pakistan, electricity generation exceeds 20,000 MW! <a href="https://t.co/n8gGmsX3uW">pic.twitter.com/n8gGmsX3uW</a></p>— Umar Saif (@umarsaif) <a href="https://twitter.com/umarsaif/status/1001369923023785984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 29, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back