PPCL Academy | PPCL 2020

Thunderbolt14

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Welcome, folks. As part of our services to the young and aspiring talent of the country, senior players such as mysef, [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], Wasim Akram, Ijaz Ahmed, and Salman Butt will regularly be conducting lectures here. We will also be inviting esteemed guests from time to time, ranging from [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] to [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION], to give lectures.

Our first scholarship cohort consists of [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION], and [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]. The academy is also the official sponsor of the Lightning Hawks this season, as well as unofficial sponsor for all the other clubs. We are open to registrations now.

Our educators including myself will do our best to consistently bring you high-quality, tailored content. [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] perhaps you have a few words for the opening ceremony?

We are also in the process of trying to secure the services of [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] and [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION].

2019-07-08.jpg

Watsupdoc speaking to the media during the opening ceremony.

"First of all it's an honor to be a part of this elite panel of lecturers. Would like to thank the academy for giving me this opportunity as well as for officially sponsoring our team Lightning Hawks."

"To the budding youngsters, my message is to enjoy the journey here and learn from the best and most experienced if you want to have a successful career and a life full of glitz that you have always dreamed of."

"It will certainly be hard work, but if you are committed to success than we can guarantee you that you will have all the support from us and you will have a life that others can only dream of."

"I am sure @Thunderbolt14 can testify to what I am saying as he was the newbie last season and look at where he is now. His success is unparalleled at such a young stage of his career."

"So thank you and look forward to learning all the tricks on how to be successful in PPCL and to live a life of glitz and luxury!"

"Over to you mate @Thunderbolt14 - what do you have to say to these budding cricketer?"

Last edited:
Welcome, folks. As part of our services to the young and aspiring talent of the country, senior players such as mysef, [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], Wasim Akram, Ijaz Ahmed, and Salman Butt will regularly be conducting lectures here. We will also be inviting esteemed guests from time to time, ranging from [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] to [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION], to give lectures.

Our first scholarship cohort consists of [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION]
First of all, I would like to thank the person who deserves the biggest credit in bringing me where I am today and he is none other than the great, my idol Mazhar Majeed known best for his services in the Great War of 2010 against the English. His sidekick Salman Butt is our hero as well. I and this academy will forever be indebted to their services as a role model for all the boys like me who need a successful role model.

PPCL teams if you need Mazhar Majeed, he can't be here sadly but I will not let you feel his absence.

Also as a tribute to him I am attaching a historic image of Mard-e-Momin, Mard-e-Haq Misbah-ul-Haq paying tribute to the great Mazhar Majeed at Lord's. :salute

Last edited:
First of all, I would like to thank the person who deserves the biggest credit in bringing me where I am today and he is none other than the great, my idol Mazhar Majeed known best for his services in the Great War of 2010 against the English. His sidekick Salman Butt is our hero as well. I and this academy will forever be indebted to their services as a role model for all the boys like me who need a successful role model.

PPCL teams if you need Mazhar Majeed, he can't be here sadly but I will not let you feel his absence.

Also as a tribute to him I am attaching a historic image of Mard-e-Momin, Mard-e-Haq Misbah-ul-Haq paying tribute to the great Mazhar Majeed at Lord's. :salute

This lad has so much potential :misbah2

The Mazhar majeed model is outdated. Game has new players with new rules :yk2

Bas kar ab rulayega kya :ssmith

Here are a few tips from the first lecture of Mr. Salman Butt :butt.

1) Always accept gifts if you one-day want to be successful like Watsupdoc and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and one day be surrounded by pretty faces at your own private Island

2) Strictly follow the script and stick to the routine that will make you best in the business and you have perfect role models in [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] and [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] for that.

3) This one is very important and especially for the bowlers. If you want to be successful and lead a life of glitz and glamour, always push your limits and go beyond!

All of us at the academy are looking forward to you applying these basic tips during the upcoming season. :salute

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 18.12.55.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 18.12.55.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 172

1) Always accept gifts if you one-day want to be successful like Watsupdoc and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and one day be surrounded by pretty faces at your own private Island

2) Strictly follow the script and stick to the routine that will make you best in the business and you have perfect role models in [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] and [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] for that.

3) This one is very important and especially for the bowlers. If you want to be successful and lead a life of glitz and glamour, always push your limits and go beyond!

All of us at the academy are looking forward to you applying these basic tips during the upcoming season. :salute

Excellent lecture but my question is if anti corruption caught us how to escape from them?:murali

The academy is also the official sponsor of the Lightning Hawks this season, as well as unofficial sponsor for all the other clubs. We are open to registrations now.

Our educators including myself will do our best to consistently bring you high-quality, tailored content. [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] perhaps you have a few words for the opening ceremony?

Misbah United :mu under the leadership of Sir Misbah-ul-Haq have strongly refused the media reports going around that PPCL Academy, created by some guys who are under investigation for their role in spot and match fixing in PPCL PSL, is the unofficial sponsor of the team. No player from :mu is allowed to join or be part of this dubious Academy in any capacity. Misbah further said that Misbah Niazi Cricket Academy is the Academy partner of the club while Sir Misbah-ul-Haq Lodge is the main sponsor.

In other news, ACU chief Sir Misbah-ul-Haq has confirmed to media that they are aware of the happenings wrt PPCL Academy, he also said players should refrain from this thing and report to him incase any offer is made re fixing, he also told reporters that he has given his personal number, so that players can report offers immediately. The ACU chief also confirmed that [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and constantly being monitored and any mischievous move by them would cost them heavily, Misbah also expressed frustration at teams having convicted fixers in their team, he said that he will have a talk with the owners in this regard.
NYT

To report any approach kindly feel free to call or WhatsApp Sir Misbah-ul-Haq on his personal number:

Last edited:
The Mazhar majeed model is outdated. Game has new players with new rules :yk2

Really sorry sir! Actually Salman Butt and Asif are very close to me and he is their hero.

Who are the new players? I have heard Umar Akmal and Sharjeel are 2 new brand ambassadors and icons of our academy, is it true?

Excellent lesson sir! This lesson has already made me push myself harder and thus crossing the limit.

When is the batting lesson coming out?

Misbah United :mu under the leadership of Sir Misbah-ul-Haq have strongly refused the media reports going around that PPCL Academy, created by some guys who are under investigation for their role in spot and match fixing in PPCL PSL, is the unofficial sponsor of the team. No player from :mu is allowed to join or be part of this dubious Academy in any capacity. Misbah further said that Misbah Niazi Cricket Academy is the Academy partner of the club while Sir Misbah-ul-Haq Lodge is the main sponsor.

In other news, ACU chief Sir Misbah-ul-Haq has confirmed to media that they are aware of the happenings wrt PPCL Academy, he also said players should refrain from this thing and report to him incase any offer is made re fixing, he also told reporters that he has given his personal number, so that players can report offers immediately. The ACU chief also confirmed that [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and constantly being monitored and any mischievous move by them would cost them heavily, Misbah also expressed frustration at teams having convicted fixers in their team, he said that he will have a talk with the owners in this regard.
NYT

To report any approach kindly feel free to call or WhatsApp Sir Misbah-ul-Haq on his personal number:

The academy is cooperating fully with the ACU Unit and denies any wrong doing. They are just doing there business and investing in the next generation.

Really sorry sir! Actually Salman Butt and Asif are very close to me and he is their hero.

Who are the new players? I have heard Umar Akmal and Sharjeel are 2 new brand ambassadors and icons of our academy, is it true?

These are some rumours with some element of truth to it :ua

This is just a front for their recruitment process :butt

The ACU is monitoring this :misbah3

In other news, ACU chief Sir Misbah-ul-Haq has confirmed to media that they are aware of the happenings wrt PPCL Academy, he also said players should refrain from this thing and report to him incase any offer is made re fixing.

PPCL Academy has hired Tafazzul Rizvi as its lawyer. We will be suing Misbah United, AFM, and TrentDevil for defamation and making false statements to reduce the brand value and reputation of our academy. We would like to reaffirm our support to honest and hardworking cricketers and our firm stance against corruption.

I will also like to announce that seasoned batting veteran [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] will be coming in to conduct lectures today. He will be speaking about core batting skills.

PPCL Academy has hired Tafazzul Rizvi as its lawyer. We will be suing Misbah United, AFM, and TrentDevil for defamation and making false statements to reduce the brand value and reputation of our academy. We would like to reaffirm our support to honest and hardworking cricketers and our firm stance against corruption.
[MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] I think MisbahUnited should make an "offer" to Shoaib Akhtar, he'll deal with this lawyer :ksi

We will have to waive the logo for him though, because he may not want to don the MisbahUnited emblem.

[MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] I think MisbahUnited should make an "offer" to Shoaib Akhtar, he'll deal with this lawyer :ksi

We will have to waive the logo for him though, because he may not want to don the MisbahUnited emblem.

I've received a notice from Tafazzul Rizvi which is based on lies & fabrications. I've engaged Mr Misbah-ul-Haq Niazi as my lawyer to send befitting legal reply on my behalf to said notice. I stand by my words and these guys [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] are in for a Tagra Phainta.

— Misbah Ul Haq (@captainmisbahpk)

I've received a notice from Tafazzul Rizvi which is based on lies & fabrications. I've engaged Mr Misbah-ul-Haq Niazi as my lawyer to send befitting legal reply on my behalf to said notice. I stand by my words and these guys [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] are in for a Tagra Phainta.

— Misbah Ul Haq (@captainmisbahpk)

ym3ACvZ.jpg

I will also like to announce that seasoned batting veteran [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] will be coming in to conduct lectures today. He will be speaking about core batting skills.

Some excerpts from Square Drive's lecture:

When it comes to batting, it's quite simple - make sure to hit the first couple balls of every oher straight to point, scoring no runs off of them. Try to make them full-blooded cut shots so you have people defending you for it :sharjeel

Apart from that, ensure that you call for a bat change or a change of gloves against the run of play on at least a couple of occasions. The innings should revolve around these bat changes :uakmal

When you feel it's "time" to get out, make sure to call for some water and your designated waterboy (typically in the form of @Manager101, @Manager102, or one of his Manager accounts) will come running out and will go over the required mode of dismissal with you :butt

Oh yeah, don't forget to score some runs in between all of this :asif

Fantastic lecture!

Live photo from earlier today of a manual demonstration from [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] regarding nicks and edges. “A true batsman is always aware of his fourth stump line”.

Attachments

• DF25C7E9-AD21-48DC-A6F8-A8C87647989E.jpg
    DF25C7E9-AD21-48DC-A6F8-A8C87647989E.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Marketing and PR
Chapter 3: Lollywood and Bollywood

How does one develop a brand? This is a perpetual question that players have pondered for decades now, from the original brand of Don Bradman to the modern day Kohli.

As cricket has evolved in the modern era, player brands have evolved too. It is no longer a gentleman’s game. We’re talking about the Afridis, Akhtars, and Akrams who have scaled the Bollywood social scene to develop relationships with the likes of Shahrukh, and the Azharuddins and Kohlis whose love lives catapulted them from cricket superstars to pop culture celebrities.

That is what we are here to teach you at PPCL Academy. Our focus is on creating a brand, a player lobby, social connections with contacts in the Cricket Board, media lobbies to support you when you are dropped from your team, relationships with tabloids whose reporters you can tip off to defame your competitors, and of course, the ability for you to find your very own Anushka Sharma.

Be sure to accept any and all invitations to post-match “get togethers”. Do not be worried of the consequences of coming home late, whether it is from your coach or if you need to go in to bat the fourth innings of a Test Match the following morning. Lack of performance can always be compensated, however, a player’s reputation is irreplaceable.

Look for pairings where you can be matched with a rising star actress. It is very important to tease the tabloids without explicit confirmation or denial. Some ways of doing this are visiting public occurrences together, donating to the same charity, and appearing in the same Head and Shoulders commercials.

Leak pictures to the press regularly, in addition to spicy information that may make the headlines. Soon, you will develop from star player to star icon. We have covered in our other lectures the great need to purchase your very own private island. You will find this helpful here.

Finally, do not lose hope. You will know it is working when you receive a call from the PCB chairman. If you get sued at any point, PPCL Academy would like to clarify that the contents of this lecture are purely advisory and will not take responsibility for any decisions made.

Do not hesitate to reach out to [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] sir for expert advice.

Marketing and PR

How does one develop a brand? This is a perpetual question that players have pondered for decades now, from the original brand of Don Bradman to the modern day Kohli.

As cricket has evolved in the modern era, player brands have evolved too. It is no longer a gentleman’s game. We’re talking about the Afridis, Akhtars, and Akrams who have scaled the Bollywood social scene to develop relationships with the likes of Shahrukh, and the Azharuddins and Kohlis whose love lives catapulted them from cricket superstars to pop culture celebrities.

That is what we are here to teach you at PPCL Academy. Our focus is on creating a brand, a player lobby, social connections with contacts in the Cricket Board, media lobbies to support you when you are dropped from your team, relationships with tabloids whose reporters you can tip off to defame your competitors, and of course, the ability for you to find your very own Anushka Sharma.

Be sure to accept any and all invitations to post-match “get togethers”. Do not be worried of the consequences of coming home late, whether it is from your coach or if you need to go in to bat the fourth innings of a Test Match the following morning. Lack of performance can always be compensated, however, a player’s reputation is irreplaceable.

Look for pairings where you can be matched with a rising star actress. It is very important to tease the tabloids without explicit confirmation or denial. Some ways of doing this are visiting public occurrences together, donating to the same charity, and appearing in the same Head and Shoulders commercials.

Leak pictures to the press regularly, in addition to spicy information that may make the headlines. Soon, you will develop from star player to star icon. We have covered in our other lectures the great need to purchase your very own private island. You will find this helpful here.

Finally, do not lose hope. You will know it is working when you receive a call from the PCB chairman. If you get sued at any point, PPCL Academy would like to clarify that the contents of this lecture are purely advisory and will not take responsibility for any decisions made.

Do not hesitate to reach out to [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] sir for expert advice.

Great lecture! This is tried and tested formula :salute

Great lecture.

Below are some tips for the youngsters:

- Remember always respect others and especially women :asif

- You want to become a brand - make an Instagram account and post pictures of yourself like Shadab Khan and Faheem Ashraf.

- Give interviews to paparazzi magazines and come in the “limelight”.

- Perform in your first couple of series and them relax.

If you follow all these steps I guarantee you will be as famous as IK in his playing days :afridi

13DFD8B3-6250-4258-B56F-555CAC814209.jpg

Thanks [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] for the informational words :salute I hope [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] and [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION] are learning well.

Thanks [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] for the informational words :salute I hope [MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] and [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION] are learning well.

No problem.

It is my duty to instruct the newcomers. :)

Oh yes we're learning.

Especially the part about media lobbies :ghalib

marketing and pr
chapter 3: Lollywood and bollywood

how does one develop a brand? This is a perpetual question that players have pondered for decades now, from the original brand of don bradman to the modern day kohli.

As cricket has evolved in the modern era, player brands have evolved too. It is no longer a gentleman’s game. We’re talking about the afridis, akhtars, and akrams who have scaled the bollywood social scene to develop relationships with the likes of shahrukh, and the azharuddins and kohlis whose love lives catapulted them from cricket superstars to pop culture celebrities.

That is what we are here to teach you at ppcl academy. Our focus is on creating a brand, a player lobby, social connections with contacts in the cricket board, media lobbies to support you when you are dropped from your team, relationships with tabloids whose reporters you can tip off to defame your competitors, and of course, the ability for you to find your very own anushka sharma.

Be sure to accept any and all invitations to post-match “get togethers”. Do not be worried of the consequences of coming home late, whether it is from your coach or if you need to go in to bat the fourth innings of a test match the following morning. Lack of performance can always be compensated, however, a player’s reputation is irreplaceable.

Look for pairings where you can be matched with a rising star actress. It is very important to tease the tabloids without explicit confirmation or denial. Some ways of doing this are visiting public occurrences together, donating to the same charity, and appearing in the same head and shoulders commercials.

Finally, do not lose hope. You will know it is working when you receive a call from the pcb chairman. If you get sued at any point, ppcl academy would like to clarify that the contents of this lecture are purely advisory and will not take responsibility for any decisions made.

Do not hesitate to reach out to [mention=145503]mueez[/mention] sir for expert advice.

:))):))):)))

potw

Marketing and PR

What a lecture :salute.

[MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] would you like to come in today for a lecture? We have prepared a beautiful iftar for you once you finish your class :afridi

[MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] would you like to come in today for a lecture? We have prepared a beautiful iftar for you once you finish your class :afridi

Busy with finals this week but once they are finished, I plan on delivering a masterclass. :ua

This is more intriguing than a Dan Brown Novel.

Press conference from President and General Manager PPCL Academy [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION].

After this game, the academy has announced bonuses for all it's guest lecturers and it's regular members.

It is reported that [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] have become very much more interested in becoming guest lecturers. Their classes are expected sometime this week. Please stay tuned.

I would also like to invite [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] bhai to lecture the kids on how draws can be the most beautiful thing in test cricket :butt the younger generation will cry “but nobody won” and the veterans will smile and shake their heads “if only you knew”

Press conference from President and General Manager PPCL Academy [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION].

It is reported that [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] and [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] have become very much more interested in becoming guest lecturers. Their classes are expected sometime this week. Please stay tuned.

Thank you for inviting me for the lecture, TBH I am looking forward more to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] lectures after an epic tied game, let us give them some time to digest that the match has tied , then it would be wonderful to listen to what they have to say about the tied game, this is definitely a big highlight of PPCL history

The academy is the best thing that happened to me. My advice to all the youngsters is to join this institution and take advantage of its resources.

Tied games would normally lead to heart breaks but the academy shows you the bright side to this by giving you bonuses and luxurious getaway.

You need the academy it doesn’t need you. Think hard about that.

:butt :salute

@Batman to @Thunderbolt14, OUT, 62.54kph, @Batman tosses this one up to @Thunderbolt14. That spun a long way away from the batsman after pitching. Quick work by @Manager101 who appeals for a stumping. He's given him! Stumped

You’d think a stumping on the last wicket with scores tied and just a single needed would be suspicious :butt

This is how it’s done, kids. Pay attention.

After the killing that the academy made today their is a party [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] is throwing at his private Island and which is sponsored by the academy. You are all welcome to join.

Here is [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] dancing to kick things off

Last edited:
Aaj ki party Academy ki taraf se!

Come on boys join us at my private island :afridi

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] and #Basanti showing off their moves :afridi

After the successful first half, academy has decided to expand the operating field and will now encompass White Ball Cricket also.

Sources have told Reutrres the move is stimulated by possibility of youngsters playing regularly in ODIs and t20s. For some reasons youngsters couldn't get much game time during Red Ball Cricket and as such are considered potential assets for academy.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] showing off their raaks at the beach party :ua

Alhamdullilah :afridi I feel blessed that I have friends like you all :)

What I’m today is because of all of you :))

MA :)))

[MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] look at our dance moves, yaar!

Great party scenes :butt Academy has done very well in recent matches :salute

Bas Ramzan khatam hua aur shaytan ne apne ishaaron pe nachwana shuru kar diya. Naacho musalmaano :ghalib

:)))

Sahi farmaya apne sir! Shaitaan kis ko chahiye jab banda khud shararti ho :ghalib

You guys are too funny :)))

Academy ko bus ramzan khatam honey ki dair thi :ghalib

A couple of points I would like The Academy to note:

1) I would like to start a petition for the Tigers to be renamed as the Tie-gers :yk [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]

2) I would like to have my name changed to Jibran Drive in the sim for enhanced performance :asif

3) Salman Butt deserves extra perks for his vital knock against Misbah United :butt

Hope you get my requests processed [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] :usman

A couple of points I would like The Academy to note:

1) I would like to start a petition for the Tigers to be renamed as the Tie-gers :yk [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]

2) I would like to have my name changed to Jibran Drive in the sim for enhanced performance :asif

3) Salman Butt deserves extra perks for his vital knock against Misbah United :butt

Hope you get my requests processed [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] :usman

Bro I went for a coup like the academy wanted.

Where are my perks :butt

Back