PPCL | Tournament Rules and Discussion Thread

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]

Something needs to be done about this changing lineups rule, that too after Jeetu has given his expertise (this shouldn't be a thing at all, as it takes the fun/strategy aspect out - what's the point of seeing 2 identical lineups playing one another?). It was never allowed before, and never should be going forward. Fine, if you wanna allow it, allow the team who posted first to change it once PROVIDED that the other team hasn't named their lineup yet (i.e. if the VC/active players come online late in the team thread and provide valid suggestions which the captain feels need changing). Otherwise, teams can now tactically resort to changing their lineups at the last second and it becomes an absolute joke.

Changing contract/player type allocations after other teams posted was already a bit of a farce to begin with, but atleast you could justify it by saying that alright, it gives more importance to the warmups and that teams should be able to alter after seeing how the warmups play out (especially with some inexperienced captains/VCs this time around). Yes, I myself took advantage of that because the rules were already there now, and everyone else took advantage of it as well - didn't want to create controversy before the league even began, as it would discourage others and create a bad vibe. But it's never happened before and is not something that made sense in all honesty.

Still, it wasn't near as bad as being allowed to change lineups. Please consider this. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE and absolutely appreciate the work you guys are doing, and am extremely grateful for you guys volunteering so we can all have a good time amid the pandemic which is very stressful. But this is something I feel very strongly about.

Would like to hear what other captains/VCs say also.

Valuable input SD. I acknowledge this as a suggestion to further smoothen the proceedings. No one will take this post in a wrong way. Purpose is to eliminate chaos and your post highlights the importance of this purpose.

In Intial stages i allowed some changes because many people never knew how sim behaved in test matches. Now everyone is pretty much familiar with how sim behaves. No changes would be allowed once teams have submitted lineups.

In Intial stages i allowed some changes because many people never knew how sim behaved in test matches. Now everyone is pretty much familiar with how sim behaves. No changes would be allowed once teams have submitted lineups.

Fair enough, thank you brother.

And thanks [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] for backing me up as well.

Let the games begin :afridi

Good post SD. Completely agree with it.

And again thanks a lot to [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] and [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] for organizing this and helping us through this pandemic in this way! :)

And again thanks a lot to [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] and [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] for organizing this and helping us through this pandemic in this way! :)

:salute
[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION]

Importance of your work can't be expressed in words. With Media discussing Covid after every 10 minutes, top trends at SM being Covid related and literally every person effected by Covid indirectly, one can't escape the stress. PPCL has kept us engaged during worldwide Quarantine Era.
Just FOUR Months ago how different was life before Covid. Many people schedule their monthly routines according to schedules of PSL, IPL, Olympics, cricket summers, football leagues etc. And all of a sudden everything evaporated from the calendars.

Indeed.

Would like to thanks everyone who is part of the PPCL.

Your effort is appreciated during these difficult times :salute

Your Welcome guys. Real credit goes to batman , he is the primary reason behind all the matches running so smoothly. Most people here are also not aware of the contribution of the mods especially The Viper and MenInG. They keep the threads updated quickly to reflect the changes asked by Batman.

Your Welcome guys. Real credit goes to batman , he is the primary reason behind all the matches running so smoothly. Most people here are also not aware of the contribution of the mods especially The Viper and MenInG. They keep the threads updated quickly to reflect the changes asked by Batman.

You all are champions! Hats off! :salute

[MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=147674]The Viper[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] and any other mods involved you guys have been fantastic. As a newcomer to the forum and as someone who has not had much else to do, you guys have helped provide a bright light in the middle of the darkness. It’s amazing being able to participate in such a great community and you guys have done a great job helping create this.

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]

Something needs to be done about this changing lineups rule, that too after Jeetu has given his expertise (this shouldn't be a thing at all, as it takes the fun/strategy aspect out - what's the point of seeing 2 identical lineups playing one another?). It was never allowed before, and never should be going forward. Fine, if you wanna allow it, allow the team who posted first to change it once PROVIDED that the other team hasn't named their lineup yet (i.e. if the VC/active players come online late in the team thread and provide valid suggestions which the captain feels need changing). Otherwise, teams can now tactically resort to changing their lineups at the last second and it becomes an absolute joke.

Changing contract/player type allocations after other teams posted was already a bit of a farce to begin with, but atleast you could justify it by saying that alright, it gives more importance to the warmups and that teams should be able to alter after seeing how the warmups play out (especially with some inexperienced captains/VCs this time around). Yes, I myself took advantage of that because the rules were already there now, and everyone else took advantage of it as well - didn't want to create controversy before the league even began, as it would discourage others and create a bad vibe. But it's never happened before and is not something that made sense in all honesty.

Still, it wasn't near as bad as being allowed to change lineups. Please consider this. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE and absolutely appreciate the work you guys are doing, and am extremely grateful for you guys volunteering so we can all have a good time amid the pandemic which is very stressful. But this is something I feel very strongly about.

Would like to hear what other captains/VCs say also.

Although I have done it myself once, for which I am sorry, but i support you completely here, it's not correct to do so. Need to think about these things in advance. Glad that this won't happen now or won't be considered by organizers

I know you guys are putting immense effort for all this and i really appreciate that. Just wanted to say that if possible, kindly finish posting matches by 1-2 am PST, otherwise have to stay awake all night, and here in Singapore, it's morning at the time we usually end wrapping the matches. The timings were perfect during Ramadhan but it's getting a bit difficult to stay awake all night after Ramadhan.

I know you guys are putting immense effort for all this and i really appreciate that. Just wanted to say that if possible, kindly finish posting matches by 1-2 am PST, otherwise have to stay awake all night, and here in Singapore, it's morning at the time we usually end wrapping the matches. The timings were perfect during Ramadhan but it's getting a bit difficult to stay awake all night after Ramadhan.

Or if matches are being posted on alternate days, why not we do 2 matches on one day and 3rd match on 2nd day. This will mean matches complete early and also no rest day as such.

Or if matches are being posted on alternate days, why not we do 2 matches on one day and 3rd match on 2nd day. This will mean matches complete early and also no rest day as such.

We had 2-3 guys posting the matches during the PPCL PSL but it's only [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] posting every game right now, whatever way he's comfortable (all 3 games together at the same time or one at a time), I am OK with that aspect.

But i think as we all(captains, VCs and some other active members) are heavily invested in this PPCL, we all want to be there when the games are being posted(LIVE), so if possible to wrap up games by 1 am in the night, that would be great and would also mean more activity on Match Threads

We had 2-3 guys posting the matches during the PPCL PSL but it's only [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] posting every game right now, whatever way he's comfortable (all 3 games together at the same time or one at a time), I am OK with that aspect.

But i think as we all(captains, VCs and some other active members) are heavily invested in this PPCL, we all want to be there when the games are being posted(LIVE), so if possible to wrap up games by 1 am in the night, that would be great and would also mean more activity on Match Threads

It will always be difficult to post matches according to everyone’s time zones and everyone is living in different parts of the world though.

It will always be difficult to post matches according to everyone’s time zones and everyone is living in different parts of the world though.

I understand that so that's why I am saying if possible
I know it's not an easy thing and I am thankful to everyone organising it, we had games mostly during evening/night Pak time for PPCL PSL, so that's why i asked about it.

I understand that so that's why I am saying if possible
I know it's not an easy thing and I am thankful to everyone organising it, we had games mostly during evening/night Pak time for PPCL PSL, so that's why i asked about it.

Yea makes sense.

PPCL Fairplay Award goes to #PindiBoyz

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] and all others:

This post of [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION]'s in another thread gave me the idea, that maybe we should do PPCL Awards/PPCL Hall of Fame like we did in the original PPCL, back in the days? So we can have awards for best batsman, bowler, WK, captain, from all formats, a fair play award, etc. On top of that - although there isn't as much activity now as compared to before - I think the PPCL HOF inductions were a big hit in the original PPCL days and may attract a lot of activity again if done at the end of the season.

Apart from that, I also though of bringing back the Murphyslaw run challenge. For those who are new, the way that worked was that every round, we basically chose 1 batsman from any team (who is more or less guaranteed to bat, so say Misbah United's #4 batsman in a particular round for example, in an ODI/T20 game) and each predicted how many runs said batsman would score in that game. For anyone who gets the score right, they get 10 points. If you were off by 1 run, you get 9 points. If you were off by 2 runs, you get 8 points, etc. So say we pick [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] and I predict he'll score 48. Poster X predicts he'll score 55. Poster Y predicts he'll score 79. Abdullah then proceeds to score 51. In this case, I get 7 points, poster X gets 6 points, and poster Y gets 0 points for that round.

The winner of this challenge last time around got a permanent skills boost for the upcoming season of I think +3 or +5, so if there is enough interest for a 2nd season we can keep it the same. Otherwise, we can reward the team of the winner in some way, or can give the individual winner a boost for the knockouts, or something of that sort.

I wish this idea occurred to me earlier but maybe we can start after midseason? So for the 5 ODs and 5 T20s, meaning 10 rounds in total of predictions?

Let me know what everyone thinks - just my 2 cents to spice things up further! :afridi

Yup agree with PPCL hall of fame, but there should be a criteria in terms of activity how long have been with the league, etc?

Regarding the murphyslaw challenge. I think it’s already complicated enough with boosts and if we got extra boosts based on predictions that’s going to make the games just based even more on luck and strategy goes a bit out the window lol.

Though we could still predict runs of a batsman / figures of a bowler just for fun :afridi

Last edited:
Yup agree with PPCL hall of fame, but there should be a criteria in terms of activity how long have been with the league, etc?

Regarding the murphyslaw challenge. I think it’s already complicated enough with boosts and if we got extra boosts based on predictions that’s going to make the games just based even more on luck and strategy goes a bit out the window lol.

Though we could still predict runs of a batsman / figures of a bowler just for fun :afridi

Hmm not sure how HoF would work actually as only a few of us have been around since the original days. Maybe those eho have been around since the previously held PSL? That would bring almost everyone in the picture. Not too sure.

As for the run challenge, it can be a permanent skills upgrade for either the playoffs/next season which Jeetu can just alter in the database. That way when naming lineups the team with the winner of the challenge doesn't actually have to mention their player's boost every time.

Although I'm down to do it for fun as well but it's more fun when there are incentives involved, as the Academy will attest to :butt

A permanent skill boost for winning some tukka challenge? Sorry that sounds like a very bad idea to me.

A permanent skill boost for winning some tukka challenge? Sorry that sounds like a very bad idea to me.

Permanent as in it lasts for either all your knockout games (this season) or the entirety of next season. That's exactly the way we had it in the original days.

If you have any ideas/modifications you suggest, list them here.

I don’t mind the idea of a prize but i think the challenge needs to be more well thought out. My brother [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] is right that it is a tukka challenge right now

Yup I also agree it’s a tukka challenge and shouldn’t get boost/permanent upskill based on that.

And don’t think actually we should have anything to boost permanent skill etc.

Okay cool, so do you guys think the challenge should be altered, or the prize?

We could do no prize tbh though that would be a little boring :))

Okay cool, so do you guys think the challenge should be altered, or the prize?

We could do no prize tbh though that would be a little boring :))

I think the prizes could be changed to tags under usernames.
E.g. PPCL Hall of Famer, PPCL Pro Analyst etc

I think the prizes could be changed to tags under usernames.
E.g. PPCL Hall of Famer, PPCL Pro Analyst etc

Well Hall of Famer could be reserved for if we do induct a couple of people into the HoF.

We could do another title though, I like that.

Yea pro analyst title seems good. And just have leaderboard of points as well.

Maybe we can even do a fantasy game where you select your fantasy team made out of PPers and get points based on how those players perform in that round and of course you can make a limited number of changes as well. Basically it’s like any of those WC fantasy team games you would have on cricinfo etc

What do ya guys think? But that will require some Organization :))

Maybe we can even do a fantasy game where you select your fantasy team made out of PPers and get points based on how those players perform in that round and of course you can make a limited number of changes as well. Basically it’s like any of those WC fantasy team games you would have on cricinfo etc

That idea would be too sick but yeah, I don't realistically see it being organized lol. Would be super hard to manually calculate points for everyone.

That idea would be too sick but yeah, I don't realistically see it being organized lol. Would be super hard to manually calculate points for everyone.

Would require an insane level of organisation. But it'll be possible during holiday seasons like December/January and June/July as that's when most people are free.

Unless someone can create an editable excel that automatically calculates points etc - but yes still would require sometime to be spent on it.

I really really really really want to do this. I would be willing to help out if others are interested.

It would be quite hectic changing your fantasy XIs as well, according to boosts etc :))

We can remove boosts from the process. Here’s a simplified structure:

All players start with the same stats. 75 for batsmen, 75 for bowlers, 65/65 for all rounders.

After each game, a batsman receives:
-3 points for 1-20 runs
0 points if scores 21-50 runs
+3 points if scores 51+ runs

Similar for bowlers:
-3 points for 0-1 wickets
0 points for 2-3 wickets
+3 points for 4+ wickets

All rounders will be judged by both metrics. It will require updating this after each match which is not bad if 3 people take the lead on this (one for each of the 3 matches) and update a table for [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] to input.

It will require no additional effort from mods (mods please correct me if I’m wrong) if we handle all the calculations and do the work for them.

I am willing to be one of these volunteers. We just need 2 more who will be willing to look at the scorecards after each match and draw up the table.

I really really really really want to do this. I would be willing to help out if others are interested.

Bro you do understand that it would be a massive undertaking though I think if we can get 5-6 people to help out we could manage. But will need to be super organized about it and keep it as simple as possible without being too simple.

Isn't there any fantasy point simulator online? That would be the easiest I think :p

Bro you do understand that it would be a massive undertaking though I think if we can get 5-6 people to help out we could manage. But will need to be super organized about it and keep it as simple as possible without being too simple.

Isn't there any fantasy point simulator online? That would be the easiest I think :p

That would help a lot :))

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] no mid-season trade khirki? My sources tell me that [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] is fed up with [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] and wants to join Hawks as a well-respected diamond bat :malik

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] no mid-season trade khirki? My sources tell me that [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] is fed up with [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] and wants to join Hawks as a well-respected diamond bat :malik

I will neither confirm nor deny that :butt :ghalib

If trade khirki happens then we would like to have [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] :))

Note [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]

If Hawks pick Rizvi then he will become the next Dhoni, won't have anything else left to achieve in his lifetime :)))

If trade khirki happens then we would like to have [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] :))

Note [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]

Lol won't happen though even if trades are allowed. Apna zameer aur usk saath saath aur bhi bohat kuch bech k Hadi ko captaincy milne ja rahi hai, bachpan ka khwaab poora horaha hai. Aese thori chor dega :uakmal

To avoid missing deadlines - captains can nominate 3rd member of the team (name - stand in charge) if their team captain and vice captain gets inactive for some period of time so that he can post the pitch variation and team within the deadline.

MISBAH UNITED CC
[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] - Stand in Captain, incase both me & [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] are offline. :salute

Approved by HRH SIR Misbah-ul-Haq

For Hawks, it's [MENTION=137118]Mir jibran[/MENTION] :usman

Come on make it official [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION]

if their team captain and vice captain gets inactive for some period of time .

I am just curious though how would this inactivity by Captain and vice captain for some period of time work?

does that mean that the third member will only be allowed to be the stand in captain at the last hour of the deadline which would surely mean that the skips are inactive? or

any one of three member can post the pitch/team line up at any time they like there is no time frame rules for the stand in

I am just curious though how would this inactivity by Captain and vice captain for some period of time work?

does that mean that the third member will only be allowed to be the stand in captain at the last hour of the deadline which would surely mean that the skips are inactive? or

any one of three member can post the pitch/team line up at any time they like there is no time frame rules for the stand in

It's just in case C & VC aren't active around the deadline, with Pitch Variation or Lineup yet to be named, at that time stand-in captain has the authority to do the stuff

It's just in case C & VC aren't active around the deadline, with Pitch Variation or Lineup yet to be named, at that time stand-in captain has the authority to do the stuff

I get that, in my view just allow anyone from the team to post the line up in case of inactivity rather than appointing a third member, what if the third member also misses the deadline.

I get that, in my view just allow anyone from the team to post the line up in case of inactivity rather than appointing a third member, what if the third member also misses the deadline.
I think in all teams and certainly in our team, there are 3-4 guys active at best, i doubt others even check what's going on, so basically it's the same thing

Lightning Hawks CC announce [MENTION=147674]The Viper[/MENTION] as the stand-in captain of the side, authorized to post the pitch/playing XI in mine or [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]'s absence.

[MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] is busy and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] preparing for journey.

ore kitnay din rahay g Adday par itni khamoshi. We miss you.

[MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] is busy and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] preparing for journey.

ore kitnay din rahay g Adday par itni khamoshi. We miss you.

Am here bro. Slightly busier due to the summer but a technician (from [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]'s PPCL Technicians :yk) came and resolved my internet issues, so you'll see me here more iA! :afridi

As far as the quiet Adda is concerned, it's better to save the noise for when we go back to our winning ways - warna acha nahi lagta :iqasim

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] can we have longer than usual deadline to name pitch / line-up for round 10 of OD? Since that will depend on what happens this round.

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] can we have longer than usual deadline to name pitch / line-up for round 10 of OD? Since that will depend on what happens this round.

I second this. It's 3 AM here and games are yet to be posted. If I wake up at noon I'll miss the deadline :))

It would be great if it could be extended a couple of hours, as the time between the completion of round 9 and the pitch deadline for round 10 will likely be under 3 hours otherwise - this being the last round makes it even more crucial to be able to decide comfortably after we get results in.

Would appreciate if you took this into account :usman

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION], a question. From what I understand, highest skilled bowler always bowls the first over of the innings. Is there a way a lower skilled bowler could possibly bowl ahead of him?

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION], a question. From what I understand, highest skilled bowler always bowls the first over of the innings. Is there a way a lower skilled bowler could possibly bowl ahead of him?

I think there is none. But if you have 3 bowlers of equal skills, you can work around which two will share new ball.
Or if One bowls at a pace slower than Medium Fast.

Last edited:

Yes there is a way but it doesn't always work. Sim does allow bowling order. However it sometimes ignores it too. The bigger problem that it cannot be done ingame. It has to be set in database itself.

Yes there is a way but it doesn't always work. Sim does allow bowling order. However it sometimes ignores it too. The bigger problem that it cannot be done ingame. It has to be set in database itself.
[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] is a diamond bowler who started ahead of Broad who we boosted to 95 so found it strange

In T20 round 8, our game against Tigers, we had requested a double boost for Broad. But [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] ended up bowling ahead of him.

Is there a way to possibly check now whether Broad was given a single boost instead of a double boost for that game?

bowl pos.jpg
Bowl pos -1 (default ) means sim will choose bowling order. Position 1 means opening bowler.

In T20 round 8, our game against Tigers, we had requested a double boost for Broad. But [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] ended up bowling ahead of him.

Is there a way to possibly check now whether Broad was given a single boost instead of a double boost for that game?

It can be checked as long as Simmer hasn't reset the database. After every round Simmer overwrites the player file (player.bdb) with default file. Its safer than to undo all the changes done by boosts manually.

It can be checked as long as Simmer hasn't reset the database. After every round Simmer overwrites the player file (player.bdb) with default file. Its safer than to undo all the changes done by boosts manually.

Fair enough. No problem.

Phew it's gonna take a while for this W to sink in but I just wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] - you guys are absolute heroes for organizing this for all of us :salute :salute :salute

Firstly a big thanks to our OD runners up, the Assassins - it was the best possible game of cricket to end the season regardless of the result. We enjoyed our rivalry and crossed the line a few times but in the end it was all love. Looking forward to seeing you guys next season and wish you all the best! [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] [MENTION=137148]Rayyman[/MENTION]

Then the Cannons - one game away from being two-time champions but still the most dominant side of the PPCL. [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] bhai with his tactics proved to be a genius enough times - not to mention a proper hero at the hospital :salute [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] as well, you guys were all amazing. Loved Geil's analysis and both of your banter and activity on threads!

Then we have MU, the biggest force in LOIs - [MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] proper geniuses - it was super fun interacting with you all and wish you the best! :misbah2

Last but not least, a collective thanks to my jiggers Tigers and Pindi Boyz [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] - I'm sure we can all agree that our brotherhood was a level above :afridi No secret that you all were favourites, and I'm super glad 2/3 of us got trophies. You guys were the soul of the league loved every bit of our interactions.

All in all, this was a superb league thanks to ALL of you. Made the past few months a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next season, whenever that is. Until next time :salute :salute

Phew it's gonna take a while for this W to sink in but I just wanna say a BIG THANK YOU to [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] - you guys are absolute heroes for organizing this for all of us :salute :salute :salute

Firstly a big thanks to our OD runners up, the Assassins - it was the best possible game of cricket to end the season regardless of the result. We enjoyed our rivalry and crossed the line a few times but in the end it was all love. Looking forward to seeing you guys next season and wish you all the best! [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] [MENTION=137148]Rayyman[/MENTION]

Then the Cannons - one game away from being two-time champions but still the most dominant side of the PPCL. [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] bhai with his tactics proved to be a genius enough times - not to mention a proper hero at the hospital :salute [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] as well, you guys were all amazing. Loved Geil's analysis and both of your banter and activity on threads!

Then we have MU, the biggest force in LOIs - [MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] [MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] proper geniuses - it was super fun interacting with you all and wish you the best! :misbah2

Last but not least, a collective thanks to my jiggers Tigers and Pindi Boyz [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] - I'm sure we can all agree that our brotherhood was a level above :afridi No secret that you all were favourites, and I'm super glad 2/3 of us got trophies. You guys were the soul of the league loved every bit of our interactions.

All in all, this was a superb league thanks to ALL of you. Made the past few months a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next season, whenever that is. Until next time :salute :salute

Completely agree with each and every word! Thanks to all from the whole of Hawkistan :salute

Also [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] [MENTION=139354]TeymurBlake[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] [MENTION=151352]Babu Bhaiya[/MENTION] - big thanks to you and anyone I may have missed. Love you all :afridi :salute

Agree with you brother!

Great season! Have made wonderful memories which I will cherish for a long time.

I’m glad to know you all!

You all feel like family :heart:

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] A big thanks from all of us

d5Ja42kJz8z7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. PPCL went quite well this time around.
I was waiting for PPCL to end to disclose something interesting regarding test/fc matches.
As it turned out i never got to test this version of sim for test matches. While sim does generate great result for ODI/T20 , its pretty much broken where pitch is concerned regarding tests.
As it turned out the difference between Devilish and road pitches were very little. So i had to tweak database for every pitch which was not normal.

For normal pitch - no change.
For Dry Pitch - All bowling skill -10
For Flat Pitch - All bowling skill -15
For Road Pitch - All bowling skill -20
For Spicy pitches - All batting skill -10
For Devilish pitches - All batting skill -15

Min bowling skill was kept at 40 because sim wouldn't allow 39 or under bowling skill to bowl.

Thanks for organising this [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION]

Thanks for organising this [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION]

Thank you guys, the real MVPs of the tournament! Appreciate all the hard, selfless, work you guys did throughout - thank you once again

Thanks guys. PPCL went quite well this time around.
I was waiting for PPCL to end to disclose something interesting regarding test/fc matches.
As it turned out i never got to test this version of sim for test matches. While sim does generate great result for ODI/T20 , its pretty much broken where pitch is concerned regarding tests.
As it turned out the difference between Devilish and road pitches were very little. So i had to tweak database for every pitch which was not normal.

For normal pitch - no change.
For Dry Pitch - All bowling skill -10
For Flat Pitch - All bowling skill -15
For Road Pitch - All bowling skill -20
For Spicy pitches - All batting skill -10
For Devilish pitches - All batting skill -15

Min bowling skill was kept at 40 because sim wouldn't allow 39 or under bowling skill to bowl.

Very interesting.

I think we need a PPCL XI for all 3 formats, as well as end of season awards and potentially HOF inductions to cap the season off! :afridi

Maybe the jury can consist of [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] themselves.

Thoughts?

Back