PSL 9: 17 matches won by the team chasing

stani_pak

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
It was interesting to see that in this years PSL edition, 17 times totals where chased out of 34 matches. Basically 50 percent of the matches. Here is some interesting stats I have found

Team who had the most number of successful chases: Islamabad United 6
Team with the least number of successful chases: Peshawar and Lahore 0
Highest total chased: 228 which was set by Multan, Islamabad ended up with 232/7
Lowest total chased: 118 set by Quetta, Karachi ended up with 121/3
Team who has the most loses while trying to defend total: Lahore 6
Team who has the least amount of loses trying to defend total: Quetta 1
Ground which had the most successful chases: National Stadium Karachi 6
Ground with least amount of successful chases: Multan Cricket Stadium

For me what stands out is some obvious points, Islamabad being the most successful team when it came to chasing and ultimately helped them win the championship, A good chasing team will always do well.

Lahore with its horrible season not being able to have 1 successful chase

Lahore not being able to defend their totals on 6 occasion, is not good in the sense that 3 of the pacers can end up in the t20 world cup squad, Shaheen being the spearhead of the attack

Peshawar not being able to chase is also an issue, since it is possible Saim and Babar open together

Now I know PSL is not international cricket, and the T20 world cup is in West Indies/USA so different grounds and conditions, but still something to think about

On the plus with United Winnings its a good sign, some of the players might end up going to the world cup Shadab, Imad, Salman Agha, Naseem Shah, Hunain Shah (possible) Imad Wasim (depending on what happens) and possibly but I hope not Azam Khan

Come on bro there is nothig interesting when it was 50% and there were only two results possible

How many times did the chasing team elect to chase?

I think in modern T20 cricket it is safer to chase. Its sometimes difficult to gauge what a good score is batting first and many times the batting side can either go to slow, or sometimes they aim too high and lose to many wickets and run out of steam.

How many times did the chasing team elect to chase?

I think in modern T20 cricket it is safer to chase. Its sometimes difficult to gauge what a good score is batting first and many times the batting side can either go to slow, or sometimes they aim too high and lose to many wickets and run out of steam.
A good point you make, I believe it was about 10 times the successful chasing team decided to chase the total

It's just not about PSL or any other league .in a T20 match batting 2nd team has always advantage.

It's just not about PSL or any other league .in a T20 match batting 2nd team has always advantage.
Yes teams do feel its an advantage and we can understand why but not always the case is it an advantage either.
In IPL last year 53 times teams who won the toss opted to chase and out of those 53 times 23 times they won the match by chasing and lost 29 matches with one match not being played
In PSL last year only 11 times team won chasing.
This year the number increased which was interesting to see

Come on bro there is nothig interesting when it was 50% and there were only two results possible
Was interesting in the sense that the previous edition only 11 times the team chasing won.

Back