Puma Calibre 3000 Review

ammo

Tape Ball Star
Runs
A while ago i got a Puma Calibre 3000 (Australian Version) from Greg Chapple Cricket Centre (GCCC) about 6 moths ago.
The bat Specs are:
Weight:2'7
Size: Small Mens or also known as Academy
Size of edges: Peaking at 34mm
Grains:9 evenly spaced

The Bat Itself has no heartwood but a few blemishes, pings very nicely from the toe till about 2/3 inches above the sweet spot the the rest of the bat is kind of dull bit still enough to reach the outfield if not the boundary if timed well.

Overall: I'm very happy with the bat considering it was only $150 and was surprised with the quality of the low range Pumas, the brand is very underrated especially with their lower range bats, I definitely recommend having a look at them next time you buy a bat and if your looking for a budget or net bat this wouldn't be a bad place to start.

Sorry about the picture quality (and size if too big please change admin) and feel free to comment or ask questions

P6150021.jpg

P6150022.jpg

P6150023.jpg

P6150024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Puma bats have always been rather pleasing aesthetically and this is no exception!

Did you decide on a small mens size as it's what you normally use, or was it simply a bargain? Does it feel strange using a slightly shorter bat?

Wow! For $150 it looks very nice.

I rate lower end Puma very high too! They are brilliant mate!

I for some reason like the stickers too!

How is the rebound compared to your other bats?

I like pumas as well. I take it this would be Indian made. Would be nice to see the full face if bat to see why it is a low end model. The grains look good from what we can see.

If its not a problem for you ammo a full profile shot as well mate, want to compare Australian Calibre with UK's

Thanks

Last edited:
@CD The rebound of the bat compared to some mid range GN ignite and evo was much better around the toe and middle but the rebound dies when you get about 3 inches above the middle, the other reason i got this over the other bats was that the sweet spot was wider.

Will post some pictures of the profile later 2day or tomorrow.

Some more pics

Attachments

• PB260148.JPG
    PB260148.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 631
  • PB260149.JPG
    PB260149.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 564
  • PB260152.JPG
    PB260152.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 552
  • PB260153.JPG
    PB260153.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 573
Looks nice mate, the grains are quite nice as well. Looks quite big for its weight too!

I presume sweetspot is too low for Australian pitches no ?

The sweet spot is just a little bit too low but its fine for driving if you get the right ball
Is the profile similar to the UK calibre?

I got a plain EW bat that i am working on (reducing weight and passing time) that bat is quite light but only has 25mm edges but pings very nicely also has nice grains will post pics after i finish working on it.

Back