Questions Regarding Spikes, Clothing etc.

cricket_fan1

Debutant
Runs
Here you can share about your cricket foot wears or shoes and about your team or club uniforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the worst possible spikes for last season that resulted in some excruciating pains!

Bought the AM Xcellent spikes ( do not ever buy them)

Can anyone recommend any decent rubber spikes that also offer Stability control?

a nice club uniform

Attachments

• sHIRT.jpg
    sHIRT.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Trouser.jpg
    Trouser.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 108
MB Malik rubber sole shoes

Attachments

• mb_malik_shoes1.jpg
    mb_malik_shoes1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 117
  • mb_malik_shoes2.jpg
    mb_malik_shoes2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 120
  • mb_malik_shoes3.jpg
    mb_malik_shoes3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 118
I picked up the worst possible spikes for last season that resulted in some excruciating pains!

Bought the AM Xcellent spikes ( do not ever buy them)

Can anyone recommend any decent rubber spikes that also offer Stability control?

+1 Im also interested in this

Asics Gel Strike Rates are fantastic, they're pretty much a running shoe with spikes jutting out of the sole.
9982.jpg

They come with a set of blanks which means they can be used in nets or on harder grounds.

I know you're meant to bat with half spikes in (turf wickets), but I can't be bothered putting them back in while bowling, and it actually feels better bowling with half spikes...to me anyways :afridi

Do you bowl seam up, Poison? Spinners don't really need spikes in the heel.

Right arm leggie :afridi

Yeah I suppose there's not much need if I'm not running in.

Who else wears baselayers? I took to wearing one when I batted this season.

I always wear a baselayer when playing be it nets, games etc. I wear them all the time lol.

Which one do you use?

Mine are adidas' Techfit Seamless. Have some Powerweb short tights but they're the wrong size, so I plan to get a pair in small to get the benefits of those TPU bands.

Mine are adidas' Techfit Seamless. Have some Powerweb short tights but they're the wrong size, so I plan to get a pair in small to get the benefits of those TPU bands.

I haven't tried any baselayer shorts or pants but a while ago I bought a pants but it was wrong size.

Are Adidas ones any good?

How about CCC ones? If I am correct Asad has them for something around £15.

I do enjoy wearing them, also helps that I've managed to pick them up at reduced prices on both occasions (12 GBP on a longsleeve in an adidas outlet shop and 16 GBP for a mock turtleneck on prodirectsoccer). Canterbury baselayers are pretty good, seen them being used by a lot of people (Aamer, several England players used them in the 2005 Ashes, and a lot of rugby players). Can't really go wrong at that price.

Cheers for the info.

I might pick one from Asad and see how it turns out.

The first one I bought was Nike but I am not sure if it is a baselayer as it is quite loose. After that I got Puma ones from Ireland and they are pretty good. When I was in Pakistan I bought Slazenger one which is good but not as good as Puma.

I wish to buy Skins one one day if they are going for a bargain price :p

Back