[Report] Rohit Sharma could miss the 2019 World Cup due to injury sustained during IPL

But it isn't just practice is it, for eg pak are about to play eng, can you guarantee that no pak player will get injured playing in that series? Also this ipl i feel by the 12th match it will be decided who is qualifying and who is not. Likes of kohli will be out of the tournament by 10th.

What a contradictory post lol. On one hand you are telling us that players can injured anytime and on the other hand you are feeling relaxed that Kohli will be free by 10th. Make up your mind please. :moyo

All fake news as I said. It was being reported that he wasn’t played as a precaution. But this report said he would miss the WC. We should wait until players and teams comment on such stuff before coming to conclusions.

It would be wise for India not to have IPL tournament in world cup year. Just imagine if Kohli and top players off all sides got injured:bm

People acting like a kid could easily replace one of the best batsmen in the world and easily the most destructive.

India without Rohit have zero chance of winning the WC.

There is only one thing that can stop this: franchise owners develop some kind of responsibility towards performance of Indian team.
But in today's capitalist world, it is hard to see it happening. Players cannot be held responsible because they are bound by contract.

What a contradictory post lol. On one hand you are telling us that players can injured anytime and on the other hand you are feeling relaxed that Kohli will be free by 10th. Make up your mind please. :moyo
When you get shown up your usual response is being snarky so no surprise there and since you are deliberately being thick let me simplify it for your little brain.

When I said kohli will be free by 10th game I was referring to resting players, which was what my post was about, read the whole thread before jumping into a post next time.

When you get shown up your usual response is being snarky so no surprise there and since you are deliberately being thick let me simplify it for your little brain.

When I said kohli will be free by 10th game I was referring to resting players, which was what my post was about, read the whole thread before jumping into a post next time.

First of all play this keyboard warrior game and acting tough on internet with someone else. It is pretty clear you are confused.

You want Kohli to rest now and this is what we have been saying from the start of this thread. As I said you look confused right now. You should actually read the thread from the start and don't argue just for the sake of it which you always do here anyway. :inti

According to them Shaw can easily replace Rohit, Gill can replace Kohli and Pant has already replaced Dhoni in their minds. It looks so easy when the season of Pyjama League is going on. Let international cricket start and then you will see the same guys crying for the return of Rohit. This same thing has been happening for the last 10 years. :inti

No batter in India can replace Rohit now. Gill and Shaw are talented but I don't see them ever being able to switch gears like Rohit can lol.

No batter in India can replace Rohit now. Gill and Shaw are talented but I don't see them ever being able to switch gears like Rohit can lol.

Rohit is irreplaceable right now. But down the line everyone gets replaced. Before Rohit and Dhawan, we had Sachin and Sehwag. Kaptaan replaced Gambhir.

If we can replace SRT then I'm pretty sure we will find a way to replace the Hitman and all his wonderful skills.

Rohit is irreplaceable right now. But down the line everyone gets replaced. Before Rohit and Dhawan, we had Sachin and Sehwag. Kaptaan replaced Gambhir.

If we can replace SRT then I'm pretty sure we will find a way to replace the Hitman and all his wonderful skills.

Yes at the moment he is difficult to replace. India are more than capable of replacing him in the future. I'm just saying I don't see Gill and Shaw as similar profile of players to Rohut

Yes at the moment he is difficult to replace. India are more than capable of replacing him in the future. I'm just saying I don't see Gill and Shaw as similar profile of players to Rohut

Almost no one has similar skill set to Rohit. We will have to adjust to new openers in future but they will also bring their own special skills to the team. Some will sink, some will swim and best amongst them will make that position his.

They can in the future but not currently thats the point. Some of them think they can easily come into this team and take his place in the world cup. Halwa hai kya? :inti

They can in the future but not currently thats the point. Some of them think they can easily come into this team and take his place in the world cup. Halwa hai kya? :inti

I think Gill and Shaw will be playing for India in ODIs after the WC. Don't see India risking them for the WC.

People acting like a kid could easily replace one of the best batsmen in the world and easily the most destructive.

India without Rohit have zero chance of winning the WC.

Rohit will be a huge miss for India if he doesn't make it to WC. No one can replace him currently at the top.

Probably Rahul will be a backup opener and I think he will do well as opener but replacing Rohit is an altogether different ask. That guy once set will go and hit a 150 alone and will also hid down the fragility of middle order.

Many people here naively think that IPL is smaller than world cup and is not worth taking a risk. For them it may be true but for those people who are stakeholders in IPL,it is the biggest tournament. They won't ignore it for anything else.

Rohit gets injured and has to miss a match and we all go gaga about it and there’s lots of debate.

Dhoni just missed a match due to a back injury and nobody even cares lol.

Many people here naively think that IPL is smaller than world cup and is not worth taking a risk. For them it may be true but for those people who are stakeholders in IPL,it is the biggest tournament. They won't ignore it for anything else.

Nothing naive about thinking that the IPL is smaller than the WC. It’s the truth.

It’s clear that the likes of Kohli are not as geared up for this IPL as previous versions.

IPL is not as big the World Cup. It might be for a minority of stakeholders, but not for the Indian fans or cricketers (those participating in the WC).

I bet even most stakeholders will an Indian WC win, rather than their team winning the IPL this year.

I don’t think it will matter much. He would have failed in England. Rohit is succeptible to inswing deliveries just like Finch early in the innings. That’s the reason his test career is flop. Shaw is an upgrade.

Good news for India! He looks terribly out of form anyways and did I tell you about his overweight and no. of misfields these days? A much needed break! If Rahul continues his consistent performances along with the support of Mayank, I would happily take both Rahul and Mayank in the playing XI for the WC!

Oh dear...

Lol at people who were thinking Rohit can be replaced easily. :inti

And where is that thread asking uses to name the highest run scorer from India in this World Cup? I took Rohit Sharma's name there as well. Where is my prize? :viru

Back