Restoration of Article 370? Congress promises restoration Of statehood for Jammu & Kashmir

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
J&K Poll Manifesto: Congress Promises Restoration Of Statehood But Keeps Mum On Article 370

J&K Polls: Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera emphasized the urgency of the situation in Kashmir, stating that in the past ten years, the situation in Kashmir has left hearts wounded.

Jammu and Kashmir Polls: The Congress party has released its election manifesto for Jammu and Kashmir, encapsulated in the slogan 'Haath Badlega Haalat'. The party said that its manifesto aims to address the pressing issues faced by the people of the region and has been crafted with input from a committee that engaged with various cross-sections of society across all districts. While the Congress party promised to restore full statehood for the Union Territory of the Jammu and Kashmir, it kept mum on Article 370 restoration, a promise made by its ally National Conference.

Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera emphasized the urgency of the situation in Kashmir, stating, "For the past ten years, the situation in Kashmir has left hearts wounded. The long night has ended, and a new dawn is upon us. Haath badlega Jammu and Kashmir ke haalaat."

Khera alleged the lack of avenues for people to voice their grievances, lamenting that "Kashmir has become a graveyard of dreams." He reiterated that the manifesto represents a commitment to restoring the rights and dignity of the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir. "Jobs are a right for the youth, pensions are a right for women. J&K was once a state but was turned into a Union Territory. It must reclaim its rights, and we will ensure that happens," he asserted.

Source: Zee News

Statehood has nothing to do with re-establishing Article 370. Most Indian states don't have anything like the Article 370, barring some North Eastern states which have some special privileges.

Statehood has nothing to do with re-establishing Article 370. Most Indian states don't have anything like the Article 370, barring some North Eastern states which have some special privileges.
If free and fair elections take place in Kashmir then definitely BJP won't even win a seat.

If free and fair elections take place in Kashmir then definitely BJP won't even win a seat.
You really believe there might not be free and fair elections anywhere in India at this day and age? The fact that BJP lost in Ayodhya speaks everything.

You really believe there might not be free and fair elections anywhere in India at this day and age? The fact that BJP lost in Ayodhya speaks everything.
Yep there are some apprehensions

Yep there are some apprehensions
Elections in jandk are free and fair. Here's a.lonk from this forum posters fave website al jazeera who clearly state elections were free and fair in 2024 national elections.

Elections in jandk are free and fair. Here's a.lonk from this forum posters fave website al jazeera who clearly state elections were free and fair in 2024 national elections.

Yep Al Jazeera is reliable, just one question are hurriet guys participating? If so then under such fair elections no way they can EVER lose.

Yep Al Jazeera is reliable, just one question are hurriet guys participating? If so then under such fair elections no way they can EVER lose.
I dont know why they are not participating. Maybe you can ask them. Or maybe they are a non entity agency now? An ex isi stooge. Maybe engineer rashid is eating their pie - heaven knows ? Any party can participate in the elections i guess as long as they are not a terrorist designated organization by the world. Now if you want gun wielding terrorists ala hamas or taliban style- thats a different conversation.

Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Elections 2024: 41% polling till 1 pm as J&K votes after 10 years

This marks the first assembly polls in a decade and the first since the abrogation of Article 370 in August 2019. Approximately 2.3 million voters, including 5,66,000 young people, are eligible to vote for 219 candidates. Among the youth, there are ...

To ensure smooth voting, the Election Commission has set up 3,276 polling stations, featuring 100 per cent webcasting across the constituencies, including 302 urban and 2,974 rural locations. With a high-profile campaign from various political parties,...

Lok Sabha MP from Baramulla and Awami Ittehad Party chief Engineer Rashid hoped that people will vote against the “enemies of Kashmir, who only betrayed us". “I hope people will consider all the things and will vote for Awami Ittehad Party,” he said...

PDP candidate from Pulwama Assembly constituency, Waheed-ur-Rehman Parra said the message is to come out and vote, and democratically participate in this festival. “Elections are happening after 10 years. For us, voting is an act of self-preservation...

Source: Deccan Herald

I dont know why they are not participating. Maybe you can ask them. Or maybe they are a non entity agency now? An ex isi stooge. Maybe engineer rashid is eating their pie - heaven knows ? Any party can participate in the elections i guess as long as they are not a terrorist designated organization by the world. Now if you want gun wielding terrorists ala hamas or taliban style- thats a different conversation.
Wrong interpretation, you are mixing freedom fighters with terrorists although the regime they are fighting are one of this kind.

Wrong interpretation, you are mixing freedom fighters with terrorists although the regime they are fighting are one of this kind.
Terrorists are terrorists. And their organizations are designated as such as well. Its like people saying Hamas are freedom fighters. These people are destroying future generation kids and setting them up for failure. And FYI - Kashmir had its own flag, constitution, assembly and unlimited central funds till 370 was removed. They misused it. They drove Kashmiri pandits away and killed them and they are freedom fighters ??

Why do those north eastern states have special priveleges?

Terrorists are terrorists. And their organizations are designated as such as well. Its like people saying Hamas are freedom fighters. These people are destroying future generation kids and setting them up for failure. And FYI - Kashmir had its own flag, constitution, assembly and unlimited central funds till 370 was removed. They misused it. They drove Kashmiri pandits away and killed them and they are freedom fighters ??

The term terrorist is just thrown around dependent on which side you support. For a hindutva, any Muslim who refuses to cede Kashmir to hindus will be termed a terrorist. Any Muslim who refuses to cede Palestine to the settlers will be termed a terrorist. For the oppressed, it will be the oppressor who is the terrorist.

The term terrorist is just thrown around dependent on which side you support. For a hindutva, any Muslim who refuses to cede Kashmir to hindus will be termed a terrorist. Any Muslim who refuses to cede Palestine to the settlers will be termed a terrorist. For the oppressed, it will be the oppressor who is the terrorist.
I would say if you bomb people in crowded areas, office buildings, attack business capitals that only result in casualties of civilians etc then by any definition one would be called a terrorist. . Most of those groups are flagged in USA, UK, India and even in some Islamic countries. Not sure you have a different definition

I would say if you bomb people in crowded areas, office buildings, attack business capitals that only result in casualties of civilians etc then by any definition one would be called a terrorist. . Most of those groups are flagged in USA, UK, India and even in some Islamic countries. Not sure you have a different definition

Are the israelis terrorists in your eyes?

Are the israelis terrorists in your eyes?
Isreal is a sovereign country that has a fucntioning democracy,strong scientific and educational system, army, trade and commerce etc. if they have a foreign policy that is bothering you I don’t know, I have no stake in the conflict.

I am not sure where you are finding an equivalence.

Let me put it this way; political or diplomacy aside, lot of tangible things to genuinely admire about Isreal and the progress they made, don’t think same can be said for Al-Qaeda, ISIS etc. maybe you see it differently.

Isreal is a sovereign country that has a fucntioning democracy,strong scientific and educational system, army, trade and commerce etc. if they have a foreign policy that is bothering you I don’t know, I have no stake in the conflict.

I am not sure where you are finding an equivalence.

Let me put it this way; political or diplomacy aside, lot of tangible things to genuinely admire about Isreal and the progress they made, don’t think same can be said for Al-Qaeda, ISIS etc. maybe you see it differently.
Nazi Germany was a sovereign country, functioning democracy etc. This is not a measure of right or wrong so putting labels like terrorist to suit your own preference doesn't mean that much.

Pakistan going 'balle-balle' over Congress-National Conference manifesto: PM Modi​

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday called out the Congress-National Conference alliance in Jammu and Kashmir, saying that Pakistan is very happy seeing their manifesto for the Assembly election.

Addressing a poll rally in Katra, PM Modi said, "The Congress-National Conference alliance is being applauded in Pakistan. Pakistan is very happy with their manifesto and has openly extended its support."

PM Modi was reacting to Pakistani Defence Minister Khawaja Asif's remark where he said that the Shehbaz Sharif government and the Congress-National Conference alliance were on the same page on the issue of restoration of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir.

"Pakistan's Defence Minister has openly come out in support of the Congress-National Conference alliance. He says their agenda is the same as that of Pakistan... Congress and National Conference want to implement Pakistan's agenda here in Jammu and Kashmir," PM Modi said.

"Nobody is giving them (Congress and National Conference) any importance here. But in Pakistan, inki balle balle ho rahi hai (they are being celebrated)," the Prime Minister added.

On August 5, 2019, the Narendra Modi-led government revoked Article 370, which granted special autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir, through a presidential order. Later, the government passed a resolution in Parliament, bifurcating the state into two Union Territories — Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh.

While the National Conference has vowed to restore Article 370, the Congress has been completely silent about it and has not even mentioned it in its manifesto. The Congress has, however, promised its commitment towards restoring full statehood status to Jammu and Kashmir.

J&K Poll Manifesto: Congress Promises Restoration Of Statehood But Keeps Mum On Article 370

J&K Polls: Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera emphasized the urgency of the situation in Kashmir, stating that in the past ten years, the situation in Kashmir has left hearts wounded.

Jammu and Kashmir Polls: The Congress party has released its election manifesto for Jammu and Kashmir, encapsulated in the slogan 'Haath Badlega Haalat'. The party said that its manifesto aims to address the pressing issues faced by the people of the region and has been crafted with input from a committee that engaged with various cross-sections of society across all districts. While the Congress party promised to restore full statehood for the Union Territory of the Jammu and Kashmir, it kept mum on Article 370 restoration, a promise made by its ally National Conference.

Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera emphasized the urgency of the situation in Kashmir, stating, "For the past ten years, the situation in Kashmir has left hearts wounded. The long night has ended, and a new dawn is upon us. Haath badlega Jammu and Kashmir ke haalaat."

Khera alleged the lack of avenues for people to voice their grievances, lamenting that "Kashmir has become a graveyard of dreams." He reiterated that the manifesto represents a commitment to restoring the rights and dignity of the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir. "Jobs are a right for the youth, pensions are a right for women. J&K was once a state but was turned into a Union Territory. It must reclaim its rights, and we will ensure that happens," he asserted.

Source: Zee News
Whatever silly promises are made in election manifestoes, the revocation of Article 370 is a practical impossibility now. Too many outsiders have moved into the state purchasing land and other properties etc., opposition parties do not have the numbers in the national parliament to even propose such a venture and conceptually, it is stupid for a certain state not to have to follow the national constitution. The move should be towards the few remaining states losing whatever special status they have...not away.

Whatever silly promises are made in election manifestoes, the revocation of Article 370 is a practical impossibility now. Too many outsiders have moved into the state purchasing land and other properties etc., opposition parties do not have the numbers in the national parliament to even propose such a venture and conceptually, it is stupid for a certain state not to have to follow the national constitution. The move should be towards the few remaining states losing whatever special status they have...not away.
Why do those north eastern states have special status? I asked @gani999 but he pretended not to have seen the question.

Why do those north eastern states have special status? I asked @gani999 but he pretended not to have seen the question.
All of the special status to states - basically Article 370 & 371 were granted to satisfy and tamp down local agitations and insurgencies. I don't agree with any of them but it's tough to judge the circumstances sitting as we do today.

Most of the Articles under 371 - Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat, even Assam and Manipur were basically lip service but states that were most essentially tribal at the time - Nagaland and Mizoram didn't want outsiders and didn't want to change their tribal governance systems were allowed special exemptions.

All of the special status to states - basically Article 370 & 371 were granted to satisfy and tamp down local agitations and insurgencies. I don't agree with any of them but it's tough to judge the circumstances sitting as we do today.

Most of the Articles under 371 - Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat, even Assam and Manipur were basically lip service but states that were most essentially tribal at the time - Nagaland and Mizoram didn't want outsiders and didn't want to change their tribal governance systems were allowed special exemptions.

Fair enough. Thanks.

The northeastern states have many tribes with very unique and anthropologically distinct cultures. The special status is given so that these tribal customs can be preserved while still allowing these states to integrate with the Indian Union.

And I did not pretend not to have seen the question. Some of us work for a living, you see. Posting stuff on a forum isn't actually on our priority list.

Back