[PICTURES] A stunner in Indian elections, for Narendra Modi and BJP its just like chickens came home to roost

What was the major reason behind BJP's underwhelming performance in 2024 elections?

• Total voters
I should be supporting returning temple fund control to the corrupt temple authorities like mosque and Muslim donated fund control is with corrupt and incompetent waqf boards but it's a tough pill to stomach given the massive funds involved and the public good it's doing.

BJP had a chance to create national law that transfers control of temple funds to temple authorities and they didn't. The whole temple control thing is a complete non-issue that's only used as a talking point by the rightwing to feel victimised.

BJP had a chance to create national law that transfers control of temple funds to temple authorities and they didn't. The whole temple control thing is a complete non-issue that's only used as a talking point by the rightwing to feel victimised.
I know those arguments dude. It's the principle like Stewie says. Hindus donate money to their temples for religious purposes. They should get to waste it on financing religious leader lifestyles like the Muslims do.

The Modi government is as greedy for the gullible devotee money to fund their social programs as any Congress or other secular government and won't pass laws rationalising this stuff.

Indian Muslims cannot have their cake and eat it too. They need to accept a UCC or form their own state.
That ship has sailed.

If Pakistanis become magnanimous enough to offer Indian Muslims housing and free money in their country. I am sure a few Lakhs or more will definitely jump the ship.

I know those arguments dude. It's the principle like Stewie says. Hindus donate money to their temples for religious purposes. They should get to waste it on financing religious leader lifestyles like the Muslims do.

The Modi government is as greedy for the gullible devotee money to fund their social programs as any Congress or other secular government and won't pass laws rationalising this stuff.
This.

The temple money runs into billions of rupees each year and it helps Governments(central and state) to fund many of the social welfare programs.

I think the gripe here for Hindus is that Temple money should only be spent on Hindus. Not on the entire society which includes non-Hindus too.

Waqf does not spend their money on Hindus and Church also does not. So why should Temple money be any different.

This.

The temple money runs into billions of rupees each year and it helps Governments(central and state) to fund many of the social welfare programs.

I think the gripe here for Hindus is that Temple money should only be spent on Hindus. Not on the entire society which includes non-Hindus too.

Waqf does not spend their money on Hindus and Church also does not. So why should Temple money be any different.
Agreed... though grudgingly. It's just so much money.

But you're right. The corrupt, greedy Hindu priests should get to fleece the gullible Hindu public just like the corrupt, greedy Maulvis get to fleece the Muslim public.

That ship has sailed.

If Pakistanis become magnanimous enough to offer Indian Muslims housing and free money in their country. I am sure a few Lakhs or more will definitely jump the ship.
The social contract between Indian Muslims and Indian Hindus has been broken. It has nothing to do with Pakistanis. We exited this union a long time ago. You guys decided to stick together.

This.

if thats the sticking point, I think most Muslims would be all for handing that control back to priests since no Muslims would have any skin in the game. It still does not involve them. Modi has been in control for years, question then is why hasn't he done anything about it? His lack of inaction is not a reason to begrudge Muslims for some imaginary "perks".

Once again this issue is not directly related to any laws of Islamic Jurisprudence that RW Hindus seem to be all twisted over. Let's move on and bring a real example to the table where Muslims in India are taking others for a ride

The social contract between Indian Muslims and Indian Hindus has been broken. It has nothing to do with Pakistanis. We exited this union a long time ago. You guys decided to stick together.
Actually he is not wrong. Our government always tends to be a bit more on the idealist side and we did provide shelter to hundreds of thousands of Afghans when we couldn't. If we could, we probably would accommodate Indian Muslims as well but for now we are even struggling with our own population and resources thanks to .... well once again that's a different topic. :)

That why UCC is need ,it will automatically amend al this stupid laws which is done in name of appeasement by kongress idiots and altteast create level playing field , now everything is so lopsided and highly unethical. This type of problems would not have come if Nehuru and gandhi the 2 idiots have implemented the complete population exchange , both the nations would have lived with out this minority this and that . Think 1 idiot itself created this much headache for our country, if other dangerous individual still lived india would have been hell hole like Syria or Libya.
we Hindus would running from place to place .

The UCC should definitely handle these issues but with finesse rather than blunt force to appease the majority, was my thought. I know we keep talking about polygamy but that's an example that is apt. the law allows Muslims only and does not impact Hindus. if it did, somehow and there is a strong reason for it, sure change it. But for all intents and purposes, based on the opinion here polygamy is fading away on its own.

If its meaningful legislation that improves the social welfare of all parties involved, regardless of political motivations, I don't think there is any harm in them whatsoever. Modi government has been in full majority though for years and apart from building Ram mandir in Ayodhaya and banning Muslim immigrants, both of which are largely symbolic moves with little to no consequence on the daily lives of Indians, what meaningful reforms has he brought about that would level the playing field in a reasonable fashion?

I know you're joking but you guys should want us in India to stick together. It's been 75+ years and you have little or no connection with Indian Muslims. Say about as much with Burmese Muslims or Chinese Muslims who you show very little sympathy for.

A social upheaval in India on the scale some Pakistanis dream about would mean unimaginable devastation. We're both nuclear states after all.

Similarly, we in India have passed the CAA but you'll notice we're careful not to encourage any fresh Hindu migration from Pakistan. It's mostly symbolic to pacify Indian Hindutva rabids and does not apply to anyone trying migrate in the last 10 years.

There was never a social contract. It was always Hindus bending backwards to appease Muslims since independence. India followed Gandhi and Nehru’s appeasement and pacifist policies.

It takes 2 hands to clap. Both Hindus and Muslims have to sacrifice some of their beliefs to make the unity work.

The nation was already split and land was given to Muslims of India who did want to live with Hindus. Now no more land will be given. Anyone who thinks their life is in danger can emigrate to a different country. Preferably Pakistan who are culturally, genetically and linguistically similar to Indian Muslims.

There was never a social contract. It was always Hindus bending backwards to appease Muslims since independence. India followed Gandhi and Nehru’s appeasement and pacifist policies.

It takes 2 hands to clap. Both Hindus and Muslims have to sacrifice some of their beliefs to make the unity work.

The nation was already split and land was given to Muslims of India who did want to live with Hindus. Now no more land will be given. Anyone who thinks their life is in danger can emigrate to a different country. Preferably Pakistan who are culturally, genetically and linguistically similar to Indian Muslims.
What's with the usage of the word "pacifist"?
it implies there is an aggressor and an aggrieved party. Can you explain where this is coming from? Have the minority Muslims somehow been aggressors in violating the rights of their fellow countrymen?

Why are you side stepping the question?

I will tell you why ... you have properly cornered him and this is his only means to save face. The next step would be to try and shift the goal post and somehow deflect.

Last edited by a moderator:
While on the surface, the BJP's national voteshare remained at more or less the same level, it's composition changed significantly.
As an illustration, it's voteshare in UP fell from ~50% to ~44% while it's share in Tamil Nadu went up from ~3% to ~11%.
The first loss cost it 30 seats. The second gained it no seats.
A good visual in the New York Times, which bears this out, showing a particularly sharp decrease in vote share for the NDA in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Maharashtra but an increase in Andhra Pradesh and Odisha

GPn19lyWUAAT5fb.jpeg

That is from a muslim POV, that let us live by our rules, and you try to get your own rules. But that is not the basic principle of our constitution, or even Nehruvian secularism.

Our founding fathers have said, including Ambedkar, that UCC should be our goal. What a muslim (whom you find reasonable) is saying that religious laws should supersede the wish of our founding fathers and the principles of our constitution.

And this election was about protecting the constitution, and here you are finding it reasonable. Have you ditched the constitution?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is UCC?

Does that include hindus? :inti

Pardon my ignorance, but what is UCC?
Uniform civil code.

Right now, the criminal code is uniform, but civil code is different based on the community. When constitution was written, the founding fathers said that this achieving UCC must be the goal of the government, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Those against the UCC give arguments that let every community follow their own internal laws, and if some communities had had reforms imposed on them, it is their duty to get them reversed.

Since the most opposition to UCC comes from muslim ulema, call for UCC is also called islamophobic.

Some key events:

The Shah Bano case. A muslim lady was divorced, and she demanded maintenance from her ex husband based on a law which applies to all citizens. The court granted her maintenance. Muslim ulema opposed it that it interfered with their religion. Rajiv Gandhi rolled back the court judgement. Liberals forgot gender equality and call this the right approach.

Another case where a hindu man converted to Islam for second marriage, and his first wife went to court. Court ruled in her favour, that conversion cannot be misused like this for those who want polygamous relations. Again liberals forgot gender equality and said the man did the right thing.

Recent case. A muslim father had two daughters and wanted to leave his property to his daughters, but the islamic inheritance doesn't allow that. So the parents married again under special marriage act so that the islamic rule doesn't apply to them and the daughters get the full share of inheritance.

Then there have been cases of triple talaq, where muslim women would not get justice because there is no uniform law.

The so called liberals have ignored all problems with gender equality, or oppose UCC because it is islamophobic, and against diversity, ignoring all genuine issues it causes, and instead say that every community should have their own inheritance, divorce and marriage laws, and there should be no equality except what religious scriptures say.

Uniform civil code.

Right now, the criminal code is uniform, but civil code is different based on the community. When constitution was written, the founding fathers said that this achieving UCC must be the goal of the government, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Those against the UCC give arguments that let every community follow their own internal laws, and if some communities had had reforms imposed on them, it is their duty to get them reversed.

Since the most opposition to UCC comes from muslim ulema, call for UCC is also called islamophobic.

Some key events:

The Shah Bano case. A muslim lady was divorced, and she demanded maintenance from her ex husband based on a law which applies to all citizens. The court granted her maintenance. Muslim ulema opposed it that it interfered with their religion. Rajiv Gandhi rolled back the court judgement. Liberals forgot gender equality and call this the right approach.

Another case where a hindu man converted to Islam for second marriage, and his first wife went to court. Court ruled in her favour, that conversion cannot be misused like this for those who want polygamous relations. Again liberals forgot gender equality and said the man did the right thing.

Recent case. A muslim father had two daughters and wanted to leave his property to his daughters, but the islamic inheritance doesn't allow that. So the parents married again under special marriage act so that the islamic rule doesn't apply to them and the daughters get the full share of inheritance.

Then there have been cases of triple talaq, where muslim women would not get justice because there is no uniform law.

The so called liberals have ignored all problems with gender equality, or oppose UCC because it is islamophobic, and against diversity, ignoring all genuine issues it causes, and instead say that every community should have their own inheritance, divorce and marriage laws, and there should be no equality except what religious scriptures say.

So what principle is the uniform civil code based on? Is it only Muslims who are affected because they have Sharia requirements, and hindus have no religion specific laws?

So what principle is the uniform civil code based on? Is it only Muslims who are affected because they have Sharia requirements, and hindus have no religion specific laws?
There is no draft of this law yet. Hindus civil laws were "reformed" and there was lot of opposition from hindus too regarding marriage divorce and inheritance dicussions in the constituent assembly when it was being debated.

At the very least the uniformity should bring gender equality. Even though other things can be diverse, but there should be no compromise on gender equality.

Don't muslims have Sharia requirements regardless were they live? Are they asking for "personal" laws in olaces like UK, US and Europe?

Is sharia is a requirement, shoiuldn't that include the penal code?

There is no draft of this law yet. Hindus civil laws were "reformed" and there was lot of opposition from hindus too regarding marriage divorce and inheritance dicussions in the constituent assembly when it was being debated.

At the very least the uniformity should bring gender equality. Even though other things can be diverse, but there should be no compromise on gender equality.
Genders aren't equal.

Don't muslims have Sharia requirements regardless were they live? Are they asking for "personal" laws in olaces like UK, US and Europe?

Is sharia is a requirement, shoiuldn't that include the penal code?

How does that answer what I asked?

Genders aren't equal.
Gender equality doesn't mean genders are equal, but that both should be given equality.

From Islamic POV I agree they should not be given equality, in fact even in hinduism there is not equality for genders. But that cannot be an argument that humans should not be given equality because they are unequal.

Likewise, If the questions I raised put you in corner and exposed the hypocrisy of the community opposing UCC, thats fine.

I don't know anything about the community opposing UCC, I was just trying to get a grounding on what it was based on. If you don't know then don't respond.

Gender equality doesn't mean genders are equal, but that both should be given equality.

From Islamic POV I agree they should not be given equality, in fact even in hinduism there is not equality for genders. But that cannot be an argument that humans should not be given equality because they are unequal.

That's fine, I am guessing that since both hindus and Muslims have objected at times to UCC, then it is perhaps based on western liberal principles which traditional communities are slower to adapt to?

That's fine, I am guessing that since both hindus and Muslims have objected at times to UCC, then it is perhaps based on western liberal principles which traditional communities are slower to adapt to?
Indian constitution is based on western principles ( mostly based on you britishers 1935 contitution for india, and then added canadian, US and UK principles). Plus some garbage from Gandhi's ideas. And later some from communists who supported Indira Gandhi.

I don't know anything about the community opposing UCC, I was just trying to get a grounding on what it was based on. If you don't know then don't respond.
If Sharia is a requirement for muslims and there are no special laws in the west, does that make mean they "muslims" in the west are not "muslims"? If you don't know how to respond....

A good visual in the New York Times, which bears this out, showing a particularly sharp decrease in vote share for the NDA in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Maharashtra but an increase in Andhra Pradesh and Odisha

Misleading. Andhra would have swung Chandrababu Naidu's (TDP) way regardless of Modi.

Misleading. Andhra would have swung Chandrababu Naidu's (TDP) way regardless of Modi.
To be honest, i think Chandrababu knew that but needed to cover all his bases. This election was a do or die for him.

It's come up all roses for him though. He's the most vital piece for Modi and will get his every wish fulfilled. Nitish is here today gone tomorrow as everyone in Indian politics knows.

What a remarkable journey he's had. From a village with literally no school to 4 time chief minister and kingmaker at the central level. People in my family are virtually obsessed with him.

sometimes i wonder where things must have gone awry for kids such as this. i went to school in india till the 12th grade, studied the same CBSE as them. took the same exams, read the same books, and i was neither particularly erudite nor a prolific reader. and yet, there is gulf between fellas in how we perceive the world!

suddenly they parrot the same undemocratic, xenophobic, classist, communal trite that the likes of tyrants of the past have echoed. where i see a country that has potential but must evolve, they see a desire for contraction and isolation. where i feel democracy should lead to greater representation, they think that the poorly represented should leave the country.

sometimes i wonder where things must have gone awry for kids such as this. i went to school in india till the 12th grade, studied the same CBSE bullshyt as them. took the same exams, read the same books, and i was neither particularly erudite nor a prolific reader. and yet, there is gulf between fellas like @Champ_Pal, @cricketjoshila in how we perceive the world! so i have to ask, where did their knowledge become limited, and their critical thought process stagnate?

suddenly they parrot the same undemocratic, xenophobic, classist, communal trite that the likes of tyrants of the past have echoed. where i see a country that has potential but must evolve, they see a desire for contraction and isolation. where i feel democracy should lead to greater representation, they think that the poorly represented should leave the country.
Simple answer: We realized that we should do what muslims would do in our place. We are learning from them.

I was against Modi in 2014, voted against him. Didn't vote for him in 2019 either. CAA protests changed me. And from 2024, I am getting into active support.

Six Former Chief Ministers In PM Modi's New Cabinet

Six former Chief Ministers became part of the new cabinet of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who took oath at the head of a council of 71 ministers today. His cabinet of 30 ministers includes the three-time Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan, former Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Rajnath Singh and former Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal. From the NDA allies, there are Jitan Ram Manjhi and HD Kumaraswamy, who had helmed Bihar and Karnataka for short stints.

Before becoming Prime Minister, PM Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat.

Besides 30 Cabinet ministers, PM Modi's new team includes five Ministers of State with Independent Charge and 36 junior ministers. Twenty-three other ministers in the council have served as ministers in states, 39 have been former ministers at the Centre.

The council includes 11 ministers from NDA allies, who are also bringing a wealth of experience and expertise.

Indicating PM Modi's emphasis on continuity and experience, the cabinet's top line-up included Amit Shah, Nitin Gadkari, Nirmala Sitharaman, S Jaishankar, Piyush Goyal, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Dharmendra Pradhan, Bhupender Yadav, Ashwini Vaishnaw, Pralhad Joshi, and Giriraj Singh.

President Drpoupadi Murmu administered the oath of office to all the ministers.

The spotlight is on Chandrababu Naidu's Telugu Desam Party, which won 16 seats, and Nitish Kumar's Janata Dal United, which added 12 seats to the NDA tally. The BJP has won 240 seats -- 32 short of majority.

Around 9000 guests were present at the dazzling function at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Heads of state from India's neighbourhood and the Indian Ocean region -- Maldives President Mohamed Muizzu, Bangladesh Premier Sheikh Hasina, Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda', Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe, Mauritius Prime Minister Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, Bhutanese PM Tshering Tobgay -- and Vice-President of Seychelles Ahmed Afif were among the special guests at the function.

Among others attending the ceremony were Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar, Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud, TDP chief and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister-elect Chandrababu Naidu, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge.

Will the BJP now be able to lynch the muslims in streets and bulldoze their homes? Or organise riots like Delhi 2020?
It has already started in the 3rd term,

2 Men Transporting Cattle Lynched By Mob In Chhattisgarh: Cops
Raipur:
Two cattle transporters died and another sustained serious injuries under suspicious circumstances after being allegedly chased by a mob in Chhattisgarh's Raipur district on Friday, police said.

So far there was no evidence to suggest it was a case of mob lynching and autopsy reports were awaited, said a senior official.

The incident took place in the early hours under Arang police station area on Raipur-Mahasamund interdistrict border, Additional Superintendent of Police (Raipur rural) Kirtan Rathore told PTI.

On being alerted that three persons were lying injured below a 30-feet high bridge on the Mahanadi river, a police team was rushed to the spot, he said.

The truck in which they were ferrying cattle was found on the bridge.

Of the three men, one was found dead and the other two were in serious condition. They were admitted to a hospital in Mahasamund where one of them succumbed to his injuries, the official said.

The killed were identified as Guddu Khan alias Mohamed Tehsin (35) and Chand Miya (33). The injured, Saddam Kureshi, was later shifted to a hospital in Raipur.

All three hailed from Uttar Pradesh. Khan hailed from Saharanpur while Chand Miya was from Shamli district, the ASP said.

As per preliminary investigation, the three were heading towards Raipur from Mahasamund with animals when some people chased the vehicle.

The truck, found stationary on the bridge later, has been seized and the animals have been shifted to a cow shelter, the police official said.

Autopsy reports of the killed men were awaited, ASP Rathore said. "We have asked doctors to provide a brief report as soon as possible. We are also checking the CCTV footage along the route. Till now we have no evidence to say it is mob lynching. Efforts are being made to identify those who chased them," he added.

The injured man was in no position to give a statement to police at present, the official said.

Will the BJP now be able to lynch the muslims in streets and bulldoze their homes? Or organise riots like Delhi 2020?
Lynching is a law and order problem, with cattle smugglers on one side and vigilantes on other side.
Bulldozer justice is secular justice. It doesn't see religion. Many times BJP supporters houses has been bulldozed by BJP govt.
Delhi 2020 riots prime accused in tahir hussain, a politician, still in jail.

Raipur:
Two cattle transporters died and another sustained serious injuries under suspicious circumstances after being allegedly chased by a mob in Chhattisgarh's Raipur district on Friday, police said.

So far there was no evidence to suggest it was a case of mob lynching and autopsy reports were awaited, said a senior official.

The incident took place in the early hours under Arang police station area on Raipur-Mahasamund interdistrict border, Additional Superintendent of Police (Raipur rural) Kirtan Rathore told PTI.

On being alerted that three persons were lying injured below a 30-feet high bridge on the Mahanadi river, a police team was rushed to the spot, he said.

Of the three men, one was found dead and the other two were in serious condition. They were admitted to a hospital in Mahasamund where one of them succumbed to his injuries, the official said.

The killed were identified as Guddu Khan alias Mohamed Tehsin (35) and Chand Miya (33). The injured, Saddam Kureshi, was later shifted to a hospital in Raipur.

All three hailed from Uttar Pradesh. Khan hailed from Saharanpur while Chand Miya was from Shamli district, the ASP said.

As per preliminary investigation, the three were heading towards Raipur from Mahasamund with animals when some people chased the vehicle.

The truck, found stationary on the bridge later, has been seized and the animals have been shifted to a cow shelter, the police official said.

Autopsy reports of the killed men were awaited, ASP Rathore said. "We have asked doctors to provide a brief report as soon as possible. We are also checking the CCTV footage along the route. Till now we have no evidence to say it is mob lynching. Efforts are being made to identify those who chased them," he added.

The injured man was in no position to give a statement to police at present, the official said.

Ah...same old insanity,,But what else could one expect from them

Raipur:

Strange.
Because now Indians are clearly realizing that all these are just ways to mislead them and get votes.
Perhaps RSS-BJP does not know any other way.

sometimes i wonder where things must have gone awry for kids such as this. i went to school in india till the 12th grade, studied the same CBSE as them. took the same exams, read the same books, and i was neither particularly erudite nor a prolific reader. and yet, there is gulf between fellas in how we perceive the world!

You don't live in India nor do you face the problems that many Indians do.

What poorly represented? Everyone gets the same rights in elections and FYI India rejected proportional representation Even before independence.

What poorly represented? Everyone gets the same rights in elections and FYI India rejected proportional representation Even before independence.
Nehru and Gandhi were against communal award. Nehru's blood Pappu 2, has spit on his ideology. Congress stands for the very things it opposed during pre and post independence.

Strange.
Because now Indians are clearly realizing that all these are just ways to mislead them and get votes.
Perhaps RSS-BJP does not know any other way.
Number of such Indians is increasing but only gradually. Hopefully, it'll be more 5 years from now.

RSS has never been this bad. I'd like to believe even now RSS isn't that bad an organization even now, just that its feku's black shadow have gorged them.

Number of such Indians is increasing but only gradually. Hopefully, it'll be more 5 years from now.

RSS has never been this bad. I'd like to believe even now RSS isn't that bad an organization even now, just that its feku's black shadow have gorged them.
RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat says "In polls, decorum was not kept"; emphasises on role of opposition :inti

Good to hear the praise for RSS.:thumbsup

The RSS are a bunch of pussycats who were the British foot-soldiers back in the day. And their IQ is even lower than their bravado.

The RSS are a bunch of pussycats who were the British foot-soldiers back in the day. And their IQ is even lower than their bravado.
You sure have a way higher IQ than me, but have you read your history, from primary sources?

Mohandas, the apostle of non violence, campaigned both in WW1 and WW2 for Indians to fight for the British. In his letters he said that no Indian had co-operated more with the British them himself. Received kaiser-e-hind medal from British.

In his letter to Chelmsford, he ended by saying : I write this, because I love the English Nation, and I wish to evoke in every Indian the loyalty of Englishmen.

Opposed demand for complete independence when others were asking for independence.

Was the last to demand independence, when he turned 60 years old.

So who was the British foot soldier?

Don't bother to debate on him, your IQ will suffer huge damages from a sanghi.

When it comes to low IQ and sheer idiocy, it is the average 'secular liberal Indian leftist' who takes the cake these days. The discourses and arguments coming from some of them are either nauseating or hilarious, depending on one's mood.

From the Urdu Press: ‘Modi govt 3.0 faces coalition tightrope’; ‘Rahul Gandhi must step up to LoP role’​

Taking charge of the third term, the Narendra Modi-led government has signalled continuity in its functioning rather than opting for a reboot. And yet, a record high of a 72-member Union ministry was sworn in to launch its new innings, which reflected the imperatives of a coalition regime. Flagging these takeaways while mapping the changes in the wake of a remarkable poll outcome, the Urdu dailies have also kept their eyes on the churn it has set off in the Opposition camp.

URDU TIMES

Referring to the allocation of portfolios to the ministers of the new Modi-led NDA government, the Mumbai-based Urdu Times, in its editorial on June 11, points out that the BJP has retained critical portfolios like Home, Defence, Finance and External Affairs for its leaders, handing their charge to Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, Nirmala Sitharaman and S Jaishankar, respectively, who had handled the same in the previous Modi ministry too. “On the face of it, Modi’s new Cabinet does not reflect any major change from his previous ministry. But the question is, has nothing really changed in the new BJP dispensation?” asks the edit.

Source: The Indian Express

But Pakistan is the homeland of Muslims of SC. No?

But Pakistan is the homeland of Muslims of SC. No?
Yes those that made that choice. However there is no right of return policy like Israel ( or India's CAA)

Indian Muslims chose to enter a union with Hindus.

Now they will have to make their own homeland or make concessions.

When it comes to low IQ and sheer idiocy, it is the average 'secular liberal Indian leftist' who takes the cake these days. The discourses and arguments coming from some of them are either nauseating or hilarious, depending on one's mood.

I've yet to meet an RSS-walla that has an IQ of more than 90. I'll keep searching. The ones on the prowl here seem more interested in sniffing out the anti-nationals instead of engaging in rational discussions.

I did live in India, and I did face problems though neither I nor you have faced the problems that plague majority of Indians: a growing lack of access to economic opportunities, widening gulf of economic disparity, wealth inequality, gender based discrimination, and civil protections against search and seizure.

The difference is I can acknowledge this problems and am willing to sacrifice the position of privilege that I have enjoyed so that a greater number can benefit. You on the other hand want to the machine to turn harder and crush the underprivileged further because you lack empathy and sincerity and in large parts since you view the world through communal lenses.

Lenses given to you by your own parents who inherited them from their own parents…

Yes those that made that choice. However there is no right of return policy like Israel ( or India's CAA)

Indian Muslims chose to enter a union with Hindus.

Now they will have to make their own homeland or make concessions.
Guess you got called on the non-sensical “social contract” claim.

Regarding “concessions”, I can only imagine horror if govt not catering to you favorite sky daddy fairytale based rules.

Funnily they don’t seem to have a problem when western govts do that

Making a new homeland, that would be fun to watch…….

I did live in India, and I did face problems though neither I nor you have faced the problems that plague majority of Indians: a growing lack of access to economic opportunities, widening gulf of economic disparity, wealth inequality, gender based discrimination, and civil protections against search and seizure.

The difference is I can acknowledge this problems and am willing to sacrifice the position of privilege that I have enjoyed so that a greater number can benefit. You on the other hand want to the machine to turn harder and crush the underprivileged further because you lack empathy and sincerity and in large parts since you view the world through communal lenses.

Lenses given to you by your own parents who inherited them from their own parents…

1. Lack of economic opportunities? I thought it was unanimous that India is one of the few bright spots in the world in terms of economy.

2. Wealth distribution is never equal. And India isn't a communist country that wealth creation is illegal.

3. What gender based discrimination?

4.India has one of the most powerful judicial system in the world where the government has no interference. India also has limitations on things like Freedom of speech. This is our law and every one has to follow it.

Sitting in some foreign land and talking about sacrifice in India to an Indian. This is really funny.

My grandfather arrived in Kolkata a year or so before partition. He left almost everything his parents had created. He worked his way through adversity to create a growing business that my father navigated through the quagmire of a communist regime. To this day where we employ 100s and help the country earn valuable Forex.

Me and my sibling independently earned degrees from some of the best colleges in India.

Privileges don't come easy, they come through sheer hard work of generations.

The lenses that my family gave me taught me to keep the country above everything. They also taught me to learn from history and not make the same mistakes.

Guess you got called on the non-sensical “social contract” claim.

Regarding “concessions”, I can only imagine horror if govt not catering to you favorite sky daddy fairytale based rules.

Funnily they don’t seem to have a problem when western govts do that

Making a new homeland, that would be fun to watch…….
Called for what?

Didn't you guys and Indian Muslims choose to live side by side?

And now you guys are feeling threatened that an Indian Muslim can have more than one wife while you can't.

Its all good and well talking about other people's 'sky daddy' but going through this thread it seems like Indian hindus are hurt because they feel they aren't properly able to follow rules based on "sky daddies".

Called for what?
That there was a contract. There was none. Ayesha Jalal implies that was Jinnah was trynig to get, a social contract. The rich muslims picked up ad left. The poor ones who couldn't stayed behind. Some moved to "muslim homeland" even decade after eg. asif iqbal
Didn't you guys and Indian Muslims choose to live side by side?
Wasn't that the case even before?
And now you guys are feeling threatened that an Indian Muslim can have more than one wife while you can't.
you and red-indian seemed to focussed on this polygamy thing.
Its all good and well talking about other people's 'sky daddy' but going through this thread it seems like Indian hindus are hurt because they feel they aren't properly able to follow rules based on "sky daddies".
If that is what you got, I'm afraid you have serious comprehension issues.

1. Lack of economic opportunities? I thought it was unanimous that India is one of the few bright spots in the world in terms of economy.

2. Wealth distribution is never equal. And India isn't a communist country that wealth creation is illegal.

3. What gender based discrimination?

4.India has one of the most powerful judicial system in the world where the government has no interference. India also has limitations on things like Freedom of speech. This is our law and every one has to follow it.

Sitting in some foreign land and talking about sacrifice in India to an Indian. This is really funny.

My grandfather arrived in Kolkata a year or so before partition. He left almost everything his parents had created. He worked his way through adversity to create a growing business that my father navigated through the quagmire of a communist regime. To this day where we employ 100s and help the country earn valuable Forex.

Me and my sibling independently earned degrees from some of the best colleges in India.

Privileges don't come easy, they come through sheer hard work of generations.

The lenses that my family gave me taught me to keep the country above everything. They also taught me to learn from history and not make the same mistakes.

I'm getting trust fund baby' vibes from this post.

I'm getting trust fund baby' vibes from this post.

I have a MBBS and MD from two of the oldest medical colleges in India. A fellowship to go with it and A very well paying job.

Yes my family is well off but that has nothing to do with it whatever little i have achieved

Even he is feed up with this now lol​

=====

Drop ‘Modi ka Parivar’ from social media handles: PM's request to followers​

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday thanked the people of India for their unwavering support in the recently concluded Lok Sabha polls and said that they can drop the slogan 'Modi Ka Parivar' from their social media profiles.

In a post on the microblogging site X, PM Modi said, "Through the election campaign, people across India added 'Modi Ka Parivar' to their social media as a mark of affection towards me. I derived a lot of strength from it. The people of India have given the NDA a majority for the third consecutive time, a record of sorts, and have given us the mandate to keep working for the betterment of our nation."

PM Modi's post on X.
"With the message of all of us being one family having been effectively conveyed, I would once again thank the people of India and request that you may now remove 'Modi Ka Parivar' from your social media properties. The display name may change, but our bond as one Parivar striving for India's progress remains strong and unbroken," he said in a post on X.

Source: India Today

BJP vs BJP In Western UP After Poll Results, And Now A Press Note Twist

The blame game between BJP leaders Sanjeev Balyan and Sangeet Som in the aftermath of the party's poor poll show in western Uttar Pradesh has taken a new turn. A press note with Mr Som's letterhead has accused Mr Balyan of rampant corruption, but the former has now said he issued no such statement.

The two leaders have been targeting each other after the BJP suffered a big setback in politically-significant Uttar Pradesh in this election and lost several seats in the western part of the state. The BJP lost Saharanpur, Kairana, Sambhal, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar and Nagina seats in western UP.

Mr Balyan, a Jat leader who won Muzaffarnagar seat in the last two elections and was a Union Minister in the second Narendra Modi government, lost to Samajwadi Party's Harendra Singh Malik this time. Responding to the media's questions on Mr Som's remarks in the run-up to the polls, Mr Balyan earlier said he hoped that BJP leadership would take action "against those who openly campaigned for Samajwadi Party".

Hitting back, Rajput leader and former MLA Som said he is a dedicated worker of the BJP. "I work for the lotus symbol, not for any person. The party gave me the responsibility to ensure victory in Sardhana seat. Despite difficult circumstances, BJP won the seat. He (Balyan) should introspect why he lost the election," he said at a press meet.

Amid this exchange of barbs, a press note under Mr Som's letterhead has accused Sanjeev Balyan of large-scale corruption. The note alleges that the former Union minister has invested in property abroad after making huge money as a central minister. This letter also mentions a plot in Australia and claims Mr Balyan bought the plot with the help of his acquaintance Sanjeev Sehrawat.

Mr Balyan has trashed the allegations and Mr Sehrawat has sent a defamation notice to Sangeet Som. Mr Sehrawat has also put out a statement in which he has trashed the allegations and said he had no such deal with Mr Balyan. He has said the allegations have maligned his image.

Mr Som has now said that no press note was distributed during his interaction with the media on Tuesday. He has alleged that someone got the note printed under his letterhead and distributed it at the press meet as part of a conspiracy.

A police complaint has also been registered, seeking a probe into the matter. Police have filed an FIR and are scanning CCTV footage of Sangeet Som's press meet.

Ajit Doval To Take Charge Of National Security A Third Time

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his historic third term, has reposed faith again in his most trusted advisers -- Ajit Doval and PK Mishra. Mr Doval, 79, has been reappointed National Security Adviser. Mr Mishra retains his position as the Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister.

Mr Doval was appointed the NSA a decade ago when PM Modi swept to power with a massive mandate. He became the country's key interlocutor for neighbouring countries. He also handled the external intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).

The appointment was inevitable, given Mr Doval's formidable reputation as the country's premier security expert.

The first policeman to be decorated with the country's second-highest peacetime gallantry award, Kirti Chakra, Mr Doval retired as Director of the Intelligence Bureau in 2005. His field experience is staggering, making him a legend in the country's intelligence circuit.

He was part of several counter-terrorism operations in Mizoram, Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir. He infiltrated Amritsar's Golden Temple during the Operation Black Thunder of 1988, posing as a Pakistani agent and came back with vital intel on the terrorists holed up inside. He was among the officers who negotiated the release of the passengers of the hijacked plane IC-814. He also did a six-year stint in the Indian High Commission in Pakistan.

His appointment as the chief of the Strategic Policy Group -- meant for inter-ministerial coordination and integration of inputs -- in 2018 made him the most powerful bureaucrat in the country. The group includes the NITI Aayog vice chairman, the cabinet secretary, the three military chiefs, the Reserve Bank of India governor, the foreign secretary, home secretary, finance secretary and the defence secretary.

Over the last decade, Mr Doval has been the Centre's pointsperson in countering the face-off with China in Ladakh and Doklam. He is also India's special representative for resolving the boundary issue with China.

There will be plenty on the NSA's desk as he resumes charge.

Mr Doval's reappointment comes as the Centre confronts a series of terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir following the Union Territory's first election after the scrapping of Article 370 in 2019. A record number of people voted in the recent general election in the absence of any boycott call in Kashmir Valley.

Was curious to know the real truth regarding it as Social Media is abuzzed with the posts saying that BJP's loss was because of Dhruv Rathee Videos?

Any Indian friend who could shed light on it.

Back