Rohit Sharma dropped from all formats for India's tour of Australia (2020/21)!

Ofcourse players will play IPl ROFL at BHag viru BHag.

Money mullah matters. They get paid 3-6 million per year with endorsements etc. Why wouldn't they play IPl. Money talks.

That's the issue however this fued is weird.

Rohit is the better short format captain by far.

Kohli is a good test captain.

I think there has been a feud brewing for a long time between Rohit and Virat.

This is the main reason and Shastri is clearly lying. Anyway expecting honesty from an oppurtunist cheerleader like Shastri is asking for way too much.

If Rohit is so badly injured he should not be in IPL, travelling with the team etc. and should be resting at his bed in Mumbai. But that is not the case, he is even doing occassional net practice and chances are he will play knock out matches for Mumbai Indians.

A hamstring injury takes maximum of 6 weeks to recover and we play our 1st test after 6 weeks. But the way Rohit been dropped from the entire tour and KL Rahul been made VC in a hurry raises suspicion. During Covid times with quarantine rules in place, atleast Rohit should have been in the squad and could have played when fit. But dropping him completely is very fishy.

I must have missed it - what is the issue between Kohli and Rohit?

When did a showdown ever take place?

My question as well!

Secondly what is it with KL Rahul? I havent seen much of him but he has a pretty mediocre average in tests. On the flip side, I read somewhere about Brian Lara praising KLR's technique. So is he really good or not?

My question as well!

Secondly what is it with KL Rahul? I havent seen much of him but he has a pretty mediocre average in tests. On the flip side, I read somewhere about Brian Lara praising KLR's technique. So is he really good or not?

Its a power struggle between them. Rohit aparently was not happy with team selections in world cup 2019 and rift got bigger on that semi final match. Rohit was unhappy with some of the decisions taken by Kohli/Shastri including batting order of Dhoni.

After that world cup semi final defeat, voices being raised to change the captain atleast in t20 format. Virat was not suppose to play on the LOI leg of WI tour which followed after the world cup and Rohit was meant to be the captain. But he makes himself available for the entire tour just so that power dont go in other hands.

From Jan 2018 until world cup 2019, Kohli was picking and choosing series. He hardly played any JAMLOIs including Nidahas trophy, Asia cup etc. and preserved himself for tougher away tours. But since that world cup defeat he has not missed any match for India since there were murmurs of giving the LOI captaincy to Rohit permanently.

Now they are slowly making KL Rahul Vice Captain to kill any competition to Kohli whatsoever.

Virat Kohli is a terrific batsman but a big time politician in dressing room. Remember how he ganged up with players to oust Kumble? Had he not been the captain, involved in all these dressing room politics and just played as a batsman like Sachin did, he would have broken many more records.

As far as Shastri is concerned, the only reason he is even in dressing room because he is the yes man of Kohli. He was hired with the clause in his contract that his only job is to nod his head anything King Kohli says and will get 14 crore ruppees a year for that. Hence he is known as cheerleader rather than coach. So what Ravi Shatri says is absolutely irrelevant.

Didn't Rohit unfollow Virat and Anushka on social media recently? There have been reports of tension for a while now. Surprised you have never heard of it being an India fan.

BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has confirmed that the injured duo of Ishant Sharma and Rohit Sharma will be considered for the Australia tour should they get fit. He is though more confident of Ishant getting fit in time for the Test series but is hopeful that Rohit will be able to prove his fitness too.

Ishant was ruled out of the IPL season after an abdominal muscle tear and Rohit has missed Mumbai Indians previous four matches on account of a hamstring injury. Both haven’t been named in any of India squads for the Australia tour that starts from November 27.

Ganguly said the duo is being monitored.

“We are monitoring Ishant and Rohit. Ishant is not completely out. He will become a part of the Test series,” Ganguly told Hindustan Times. “With Rohit, we want him fit for Australia. At some stage if he is fit, I am sure the selectors will rethink his position.”

Should they get fit, a flight will be arranged to send them to Australia, the former India captain confirmed.

The tour will start with an ODI series followed by T20Is.

The Tests start from December 17 with the first being a day-night competition, a first between India and Australia.

India played their maiden pink-ball Test last year at home against Bangladesh right after Ganguly became BCCI president.

The Indian cricketers were apprehensive of playing under the lights but the historic Test changed their mindset.

“They played with it in India. They will be fine, don’t worry. Players got used to the white ball and ultimately they will be fine with the pink ball too. There will be a tough phase in the day, but they will get used to it. The white ball is also not easy to sight during twilight, but players have got used to it, we will see that happen here too,” Ganguly said.

He also feels that despite the return of their premier Test batsmen in Steve Smith and David Warner and the emerging Marnus Labuschagne, India are still capable of winning the four-match series against Australia.

“Australia in Australia is always tough. They will be a lot stronger with Smith and Warner back. Players like Labuschagne have become better. It will be a good test for India, but they are capable of winning. It will be a good series,” he said.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news...part-of-tests-doors-open-for-rohit-too-955327

BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has confirmed that the injured duo of Ishant Sharma and Rohit Sharma will be considered for the Australia tour should they get fit. He is though more confident of Ishant getting fit in time for the Test series but is hopeful that Rohit will be able to prove his fitness too.

Ganguly said the duo is being monitored.

“We are monitoring Ishant and Rohit. Ishant is not completely out. He will become a part of the Test series,” Ganguly told Hindustan Times. “With Rohit, we want him fit for Australia. At some stage if he is fit, I am sure the selectors will rethink his position.”

Should they get fit, a flight will be arranged to send them to Australia, the former India captain confirmed.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news...part-of-tests-doors-open-for-rohit-too-955327

Thanks for confirming DADA.
Our posters creating conspiracy theories in injuries.

What Kohli do with other's injuries?
Both Ishanth and Rohit injured while playing IPL matches

Ishant is expected to recover but 'Rohit should take it easy' is the message from management. Most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

Ishant is expected to recover but 'Rohit should take it easy' is the message from management. Most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

Depends on severity of injury, we cant compare Ishant's injury with Rohit's injury.
Gangluy said both should get fit, a flight will be arranged to send them to Australia

Rohit has missed Mumbai Indians previous four matches on account of a hamstring injury.
We know that he had same injury in past during nz series.

Depends on severity of injury, we cant compare Ishant's injury with Rohit's injury.
Gangluy said both should get fit, a flight will be arranged to send them to Australia

Rohit has missed Mumbai Indians previous four matches on account of a hamstring injury.

Hamstring can recover in 6 weeks. Why is he not in test squad then? I actually don't want hitman I test squad but its the principal of thing.

I actually don't understand this. As per Ganguly, Rohit is not fit for a tour which will end 3 months later and if he gets fit then a flight will be arranged.

But Rohit is fit enough to play in an IPL match??

I actually don't understand this. As per Ganguly, Rohit is not fit for a tour which will end 3 months later and if he gets fit then a flight will be arranged.

But Rohit is fit enough to play in an IPL match??

Clearly there is a gap.
Lets hope for the best.

Lack of trust leads to conspiracy theories. I have zero trust in kaptaan. Very duplicitous person.

Bud, are you not reading the news of rohit,'s medical report. Do you think selectors should take extra risk by including him for Australia tour which will be life threatening for him.
He should badly need to reduce the weight.

Typo...meant Rohit.

We are not sure about severity of injury but Ganguly and Shastri saying Rohit Sharma is in danger of injuring himself again if not careful.

No issues If he pass fineness test but we cant pick half fit players for long series.

It's good if he doesn't play tests, no idea why India were thinking of trying him again when they have some better younger prospects.

Bud, are you not reading the news of rohit,'s medical report. Do you think selectors should take extra risk by including him for Australia tour which will be life threatening for him.
He should badly need to reduce the weight.

I don't know enough to give opinion on a medical report that I haven't even read but I just dont trust kaptaan. I know his type of person, they are capable of going quite low. You should always be wary of high functioning psychopaths. They are scary and without empathy.

It's good if he doesn't play tests, no idea why India were thinking of trying him again when they have some better younger prospects.

Agreed. Rohit shouldn't have been given a test spot in first place but this is different matter altogether.

Tbf he did play well this year in tests albeit at home. however I don't mind him at number 6 in tests or replace him with Rahul at number 5 and have vihari at 6. pandya 7 if he can bowl otherwise pant.

Problem is freaking Rahane is vice captain so he will play.

I don't think Rohit should play tests but he definitely should have been in the LO squad. He could have been named in the squad then taken out if his injury was bad. But it doesn't seem like his injury was too bad.

Is he really injured? I seriously think there's something sinister behind the drop. This looks more like a ban covered in marmalade to soften the blow. Something doesn't make sense here.

Opener Rohit Sharma has said his “hamstring” is absolutely fine, allaying concerns over his fitness by returning to lead Mumbai Indians following a two-week injury lay-off.

“I was happy to be back, it’s been a while. I’m looking forward to play few more games here, let’s see what happens. It (hamstring) is fine, absolutely,” said Rohit at the post-match presentation after their 10-wicket loss to Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL on Tuesday.

Rohit missed the last four games before making a comeback on a day when BCCI president Sourav Ganguly, in an interview to PTI, advised not to rush his comeback from what he called a “hamstring tear”.

For the same injury, the Indian team selectors decided not to include Rohit in the squad for the Australia tour even as he returned to the Mumbai Indians nets, fuelling speculation on his fitness.

According to Mumbai Indians’ team management, Rohit suffered a hamstring strain in his left leg in the game against Kings XI Punjab on October 18.

When asked about his fitness status at the toss, Rohit said: “Looks like I’m fit and fine”.

Talking about the hammering Mumbai received at the hands of Sunrisers, Rohit said it was a game to forget ahead of the Qualifier 1 against Delhi Capitals on Thursday.

“Not the day we want to remember, probably our worst performance of the season. We wanted to try a few things, it didn’t go our way. We knew dew was going to play a factor and we wanted to take the toss out of consideration, but we didn’t play good cricket today,” he said.

Mumbai also rested key bowlers like Trent Boult and Jasprit Bumrah for the game.

The dew in the second innings once again made batting easier.

“They played good shots in the powerplay, and that helped them. If you take wickets in the powerplay, even if there is dew, it can put pressure on the opposition.

“It’s a very funny format. It’s always nice to forget what has happened, and focus on the present. They (Delhi) are a good side, so it will be a good challenge to face them,” added Rohit.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news...tely-fine-says-mi-captain-rohit-sharma-955435

Rohit Sharma turning out for his IPL franchise Mumbai Indians on the same day when BCCI president Sourav Ganguly advised him to not rush his comeback from a hamstring injury has given rise to a fresh controversy.

After missing four straight IPL matches, he was back to lead the defending champions in their final league match before the playoffs, against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Tuesday. This happened hours after Ganguly had said in an interview that Rohit is mature enough to risk an injury again by returning to competitive cricket.

This has cast further doubts over the extent of the India limited-overs vice-captain’s injury as he hasn’t been selected for the tour of Australia that gets underway later this month.

Former India captain and chief of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar has said the turn of events raises important questions.

He asked if Indian team physio Nitin Patel erred in diagnosing Rohit’s injury or has the opener turned out for his franchise despite being not fully fit.

“It’s intriguing that Rohit Sharma, the most accomplished batsman of Team India, who was only a few days ago declared unfit to tour Australia by the Indian team’s physio and hence not selected for the trip, is playing and leading MI in the IPL,” Vengsarkar told the Times of India.

“Now, the question here is, is the IPL more important to him than playing for India? Is the club more important than playing for the nation for him? Will the BCCI take a call on this? Or is it that the BCCI physio faltered in diagnosing Rohit’s injury correctly,” he added.

When asked after MI’s 10-wicket defeat to SRH, Rohit said his hamstring is absolutely fine. “I was happy to be back, it’s been a while. I’m looking forward to play few more games here, let’s see what happens. It (hamstring) is fine, absolutely,” he said at the post-match presentation.

With Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma featuring for the franchise in the ongoing Indian Premier League, despite injury concerns – chances of his travelling to Australia has increased. A final call in this regard will soon be taken, but reports suggest that the MI skipper could board the flight along with the Indian team on November 11 after the IPL finals.

“A decision will be taken soon in this regard. It’s only fair that Rohit stays with the team and does his strength and conditioning work under physio Nitin Patel and trainer Nick Webb. Let’s see how it goes,” the source added as quoted by InsideSport.

“I was happy to be back, it’s been a while. I’m looking forward to playing a few more games here, let’s see what happens. It (hamstring) is fine, absolutely,” said Rohit after their win over the Capitals.

According to Mumbai Indians’ team management, Rohit suffered a hamstring strain in his left leg in the game against Kings XI Punjab on October 18.

Rohit’s inclusion will undoubtedly bolster the Indian batting line-up, but it would be interesting to see if the MI skipper gets to make the XI straightaway for the ODIs or he is rested.

BCCI has already announced the squad that will tour Australia and Rohit’s name is missing in the list and that is what raised confusion as minutes after the announcement, the MI skipper was seen batting in the nets and then he played for Mumbai as well.

Now, MI is on the verge of playing another final and they also have the chance of defending their title successfully as they await the winner of Delhi Capitals and Sunrisers Hyderabad.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news...alia-tour-after-ipl-2020-finals-report-956005

Ofcourse players will play IPl ROFL at BHag viru BHag.

Money mullah matters. They get paid 3-6 million per year with endorsements etc. Why wouldn't they play IPl. Money talks.

That's the issue however this fued is weird.

Rohit is the better short format captain by far.

Kohli is a good test captain.

Yeah playing before an important tour like Australia where your absence can change the outcome of a series. It's ok to be blinded by IPL but you need to start giving importance to International Cricket because that is where you will be remembered not in a useless Pyjama League. :inti

Yeah playing before an important tour like Australia where your absence can change the outcome of a series. It's ok to be blinded by IPL but you need to start giving importance to International Cricket because that is where you will be remembered not in a useless Pyjama League. :inti

No my boy, they play IPl for money. When you earn millions to play IPl you will play it. Maybe Indian cricketers are not patriotic and don't care about tests? Why would they when they are filthy rich already? Maybe some do but I don't blame them for prioritizing IPL due to more financial gain.

Not me though. Even if I were rich I would priroitize tests. I would die for my country in tests over IPL anyday.

The BCCI Medical Team has been monitoring Rohit Sharma’s fitness and has briefed All-India Senior Selection Committee on the same. In consultation with Mr Sharma, it has been decided to rest him for the ODIs and T20Is in Australia to regain full fitness and he has been included in India’s Test squad for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

The BCCI Medical Team has been monitoring Rohit Sharma’s fitness and has briefed All-India Senior Selection Committee on the same. In consultation with Mr Sharma, it has been decided to rest him for the ODIs and T20Is in Australia to regain full fitness and he has been included in India’s Test squad for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Well done for playing him against the moving ball where he is basically a sitting duck

A settlement. :))

Kaptaan gets to keep his LO captaincy safe and rohit gets his career back.

Looks all right to me Sharma

Just scored 50 in IPL 2020 final.

"Don't Know What Was Going On": Rohit Sharma Breaks Silence On Controversy Surrounding Hamstring InjuryRohit Sharma spoke about the hamstring injury during the IPL, which became a matter of intense speculation after he returned to action within days of being left out of the Australia tour.

The hullabaloo over his hamstring was confusing as well as amusing for Rohit Sharma, who says he always knew that the injury was not that serious and he would be battle-ready for the tour of Australia. India's white-ball vice-captain, in a detailed conversation with PTI, opened about the left hamstring injury during the IPL, which became a matter of intense speculation after he returned to action within days of being left out of the Australia tour earlier this month. He was subsequently added to the Test squad.

"I don't know what was going on, to be honest and what all were people talking about. But let me put this on record, I was constantly communicating with BCCI and Mumbai Indians," Rohit said.

He hit a match-winning knock of 68 off 50 balls in the IPL 2020 final against Delhi Capitals, playing through pain. Rohit is currently doing strength and conditioning work at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru before heading to Australia.

"I told them (Mumbai Indians) that I can take the field since it is the shortest format and I will be able to manage the situation quite nicely. Once I made my mind clear, it was all about focussing on what I needed to do," he said.

"Hamstring is feeling absolutely fine. Just started the process of getting it nice and strong. Before I play the longer format, I absolutely needed to be clear in mind that there is no stone that is left unturned, that's probably the reason, I'm at the NCA," Rohit added.

For Rohit, the chatter on the outside regarding his injury and his subsequent participation in the IPL play-offs, didn't matter much.

"So for me, it was not a concern what x, y or z was talking about like whether he would make it to Australia," he said.

"Once the injury happened, the next two days all I did was to figure out what I can do in the next 10 days and whether I will be able to play or not."

Unless one goes to the ground, one won't know how the body is shaping up, feels the five-time IPL champion captain.

"But every day, hamstring (degree of injury) was changing. The way it was responding was changing, so I was feeling quite confident that I could play and that is the communication that I had with MI at that point.

"I told them that I think I will be okay to play just before play-offs. If there is any discomfort, I won't be playing the play-offs."

All Rohit needed was three and half weeks to get ready for Tests and he fails to understand what the fuss was all about given that the series starts December 17.

"Of course, there is still some work that needs to be done on my hamstring. That's why I didn't go to Australia for the white-ball leg as there are back-to-back games. Around 6 games in 11 days," he said about the limited overs leg beginning November 27.

"So I thought if I get to work on my body for 25 days, I can probably go and play the Test matches. So it was an easy decision for me and I don't know why it became so complicated for others," he said.

Rohit also spoke about his enduring relationship with his IPL franchise Mumbai Indians. The five-time champions, he said, were not created overnight.

"Yeah, we have a (Kieron) Pollard, a Hardik (Pandya), (Jasprit) Bumrah but has anybody thought why this team is successful?" he asked.

"Lot of people, I hear say that can he (Rohit) do it with other teams? Firstly, why shall I need to do it with other teams? There is a certain way this franchise wants to go and same direction I want to go as well, both as a player and leader," he explained.

"Did this team become good overnight? No. It's just that this franchise doesn't believe in chopping and changing. And every player, including Rohit Sharma, was available (2011) at auctions. Just that MI picked and believed in building a team."

He was extremely proud of MI getting New Zealand pacer Trent Boult on board, which worked wonders for them. Boult was released by Delhi Capitals before the players auction, a decision that they would probably regret given how effective he was this year.

"Trent Boult was with Delhi last year and before that with Sunrisers. We needed someone to provide wickets upfront and who could swing the ball," Rohit said.

"We strongly pursued him and got him from Capitals, something I am proud of."

It was a tough year on all counts but Rohit said the franchise provided an environment that created memories of a lifetime while being locked in a bio-bubble due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"MI in a year where everything was uncertain, created a happy space for us. 80 days in a bio-bubble never felt claustrophobic. Every little aspect was taken care of and the preparation started in June in a bio-secure environment with all net bowlers and Indian players," he said.

Rohit also touched upon his IPL leadership and spoke about the freedom he gives his players by letting them evolve as individuals. He cited Suryakumar Yadav's composure while dealing with India rejection as an example.

"We were sitting in our team room and I could feel he was dejected. But I didn't go and speak to him. It was he who came up and said, 'Don''t worry I will get over it and win the matches for MI'.

"And when he said that I also realised he is heading in right direction not only in terms of IPL but in his overall career. There are a lot of India games and his time will come.

"If you ask me, my philosophy is mind over matter and that's what works for me."

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/roh...amstring-injury-2328369?pfrom=home-topstories

"I don't know what was going on, to be honest and what all were people talking about. But let me put this on record, I was constantly communicating with BCCI and Mumbai Indians," Rohit said.

"I told them (Mumbai Indians) that I can take the field since it is the shortest format and I will be able to manage the situation quite nicely. Once I made my mind clear, it was all about focussing on what I needed to do," he said.

"Hamstring is feeling absolutely fine. Just started the process of getting it nice and strong. Before I play the longer format, I absolutely needed to be clear in mind that there is no stone that is left unturned, that's probably the reason, I'm at the NCA," Rohit added.

For Rohit, the chatter on the outside regarding his injury and his subsequent participation in the IPL play-offs, didn't matter much.

"So for me, it was not a concern what x, y or z was talking about like whether he would make it to Australia," he said.

"But every day, hamstring (degree of injury) was changing. The way it was responding was changing, so I was feeling quite confident that I could play and that is the communication that I had with MI at that point.

"I told them that I think I will be okay to play just before play-offs. If there is any discomfort, I won't be playing the play-offs."

"Of course, there is still some work that needs to be done on my hamstring. That's why I didn't go to Australia for the white-ball leg as there are back-to-back games. Around 6 games in 11 days," he said about the limited overs leg beginning November 27.

"So I thought if I get to work on my body for 25 days, I can probably go and play the Test matches. So it was an easy decision for me and I don't know why it became so complicated for others," he said.

Answered to conspiracy theory posters in this thread

"Don't Know What Was Going On": Rohit Sharma Breaks Silence On Controversy Surrounding Hamstring InjuryRohit Sharma spoke about the hamstring injury during the IPL, which became a matter of intense speculation after he returned to action within days of being left out of the Australia tour.

The hullabaloo over his hamstring was confusing as well as amusing for Rohit Sharma, who says he always knew that the injury was not that serious and he would be battle-ready for the tour of Australia. India's white-ball vice-captain, in a detailed conversation with PTI, opened about the left hamstring injury during the IPL, which became a matter of intense speculation after he returned to action within days of being left out of the Australia tour earlier this month. He was subsequently added to the Test squad.

He hit a match-winning knock of 68 off 50 balls in the IPL 2020 final against Delhi Capitals, playing through pain. Rohit is currently doing strength and conditioning work at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru before heading to Australia.

"Once the injury happened, the next two days all I did was to figure out what I can do in the next 10 days and whether I will be able to play or not."

Unless one goes to the ground, one won't know how the body is shaping up, feels the five-time IPL champion captain.

All Rohit needed was three and half weeks to get ready for Tests and he fails to understand what the fuss was all about given that the series starts December 17.

Rohit also spoke about his enduring relationship with his IPL franchise Mumbai Indians. The five-time champions, he said, were not created overnight.

"Yeah, we have a (Kieron) Pollard, a Hardik (Pandya), (Jasprit) Bumrah but has anybody thought why this team is successful?" he asked.

"Lot of people, I hear say that can he (Rohit) do it with other teams? Firstly, why shall I need to do it with other teams? There is a certain way this franchise wants to go and same direction I want to go as well, both as a player and leader," he explained.

"Did this team become good overnight? No. It's just that this franchise doesn't believe in chopping and changing. And every player, including Rohit Sharma, was available (2011) at auctions. Just that MI picked and believed in building a team."

He was extremely proud of MI getting New Zealand pacer Trent Boult on board, which worked wonders for them. Boult was released by Delhi Capitals before the players auction, a decision that they would probably regret given how effective he was this year.

"Trent Boult was with Delhi last year and before that with Sunrisers. We needed someone to provide wickets upfront and who could swing the ball," Rohit said.

"We strongly pursued him and got him from Capitals, something I am proud of."

It was a tough year on all counts but Rohit said the franchise provided an environment that created memories of a lifetime while being locked in a bio-bubble due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"MI in a year where everything was uncertain, created a happy space for us. 80 days in a bio-bubble never felt claustrophobic. Every little aspect was taken care of and the preparation started in June in a bio-secure environment with all net bowlers and Indian players," he said.

Rohit also touched upon his IPL leadership and spoke about the freedom he gives his players by letting them evolve as individuals. He cited Suryakumar Yadav's composure while dealing with India rejection as an example.

"We were sitting in our team room and I could feel he was dejected. But I didn't go and speak to him. It was he who came up and said, 'Don''t worry I will get over it and win the matches for MI'.

"And when he said that I also realised he is heading in right direction not only in terms of IPL but in his overall career. There are a lot of India games and his time will come.

"If you ask me, my philosophy is mind over matter and that's what works for me."

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/roh...amstring-injury-2328369?pfrom=home-topstories

Good that he cleared off all the rumours going around. The problem was that Rohit's name was omitted in all formats of the game in such a big tour. BCCI and selectors should have atleast announced his name in the squad in test format and mentioned that, he is rested from LOI series to attain 100% fitness level for Test format.

During IPL matches he said he was absolute fine and fit to play.

Now he saying he was not sure about his fitness.

Indian fans of Rohit have been hatching far more theories in social media posts. Still, one question remains. Why did Rohit wait so long to clear this up?

His reply

"I don't know what was going on, to be honest and what all were people talking about.
But let me put this on record, I was constantly communicating with BCCI and Mumbai Indians," Rohit said.

These guys are always active in social media and saying dont know what's going
Well played.:14:

His reply

"I don't know what was going on, to be honest and what all were people talking about.
But let me put this on record, I was constantly communicating with BCCI and Mumbai Indians," Rohit said.

Well played.
:14:

Exactly lol. :inti

His reply

Well played.:14:

Why would he try to stop all the negativity that was being directed to Kohli for his exclusion.
There’s obviously a rift between them .

Why would he try to stop all the negativity that was being directed to Kohli for his exclusion.
There’s obviously a rift between them .

Obviously Rift is there., forget about his rift with kohli.

My point is he should have clear this earlier when everyone blaming BCCI that they were not sync with MI on injury part.

He said he was absolutely fine and ready to play before playoffs when commentators asked in IPL.
Now he saying

I don't know what was going on, to be honest and what all were people talking about - This is ridiculous statement.

Hitman back to toeing the company line after flirting with it. IPL high wearing off?

According to Boria Majumdar, Rohit Sharma himself opted out of the Limited Overs Series against Australia and wanted to play the Test series. He returned back to Mumbai with MI because his father had COVID19.

BCCI confirm Rohit Sharma has cleared a fitness test, and will join the rest of the team in Australia.

He'll undergo another fitness test after his quarantine period before a decision is taken on his participation in the Test series.

Wishing Hitman the best to pass the second fitness test and clear quarantine soon in Australia

Rohit Sharma has been given a detailed programme to follow during the two weeks quarantine - He will be reassessed by the medical staff after quarantine period and then call will be taken about his participation in the last 2 Test against Australia.

India have announced their playing XI for the third Test against Australia to be played in Sydney from Thursday. Right-arm pacer Navdeep Saini will make his Test debut while Rohit Sharma is set to play his first red-ball game for India in over a year.

The much anticipated return of Rohit, who has been a revelation since being promoted to open innings in Test, will certainly boost the touring party that drew level at one-all in Melbourne after losing the series opener in Adelaide.

Rohit has been included in place of Mayank Agarwal who has been dropped after struggling in the first two Tests.

“We are excited to have Rohit back, he is batting really well in the nets. Rohit will bat at the top of the order,” India captain Ajinkya Rahane said during a press conference on Wednesday.

There was a three-way battle between Saini, Shardul Thakur and new-comer T Natarajan for the third pacer’s slot which became available after Umesh Yadav was ruled out of the remainder of the tour owing to an injury sustained during the second Test.

On expected lines, Saini has made the cut who has so far represented India in seven ODIs and 10 T20Is since his international debut in August 2019.

Saini has played 46 first-class matches in which he has taken 128 wickets at 28.46 including four five-wicket hauls.

Apart from the two changes, the remaining of the playing XI remains the same.

Meanwhile, Rahane said India have prepared plans against the returning David Warner who missed the opening two matches as he was recovering from a groin injury. “David Warner is a quality player and we respect him, and we have plans (for him),” he said.

India Playing XI: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (captain), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Navdeep Saini, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news...xi-for-3rd-test-vs-australia-in-sydney-964843

he is going to be a walking wicket on SENA pitches as an opener

Given how Shaw and Agarwal have batted, anything Sharma scores will be a positive.

The side will benefit from his leadership and experience.

What a joke of a selection and lol at that batting position in test!

Not only does he struggle against seam and swing, but he does not have any match practice since ipl. And he is opening the batting vs starc and co.

The scg better be as slow and spin friendly as everyone says it is otherwise hitman will score less runs than Shaw

Rohit Sharma is a fabulous LO player but fans,media, and Indian selectors are acting like his some game changing test match player. We have seen enough to know he isn't. I find it baffling he is seen this way and that he walks straight into the team . Remember he is coming back from a muscular injury and has not played much first class cricket for months. Also has been exposed in the Southern Hemisphere and that was in the middle order. Imagine what can happen when he is opening.

India should have stuck with Agarwal.

Hope Rahane has a last minute change of mind and sends Pujara to open.

We could easily go 3/2 with Rohit and Gill opening. Gill is already due a failure and Aussies would have likely worked him out now. Hope I'll be proven wrong.

So?New ball swings everywhere

Yeah but still should had come in place of Vihari than Mayank.. its not white ball

He can score heavily if he able to manage first 10 overs with new ball.
But his stats telling different story.

Rohit Sharma in Test Cricket

vs Starc + Cummins + Hazlewood
91 runs, 1 Out

vs Lyon
103 runs, 5 Outs

Hope Rahane has a last minute change of mind and sends Pujara to open.

We could easily go 3/2 with Rohit and Gill opening. Gill is already due a failure and Aussies would have likely worked him out now. Hope I'll be proven wrong.

I'd have preferred to open with Vihari and Mayank in MO. Still can do one if those

He can score heavily if he able to manage first 10 overs with new ball.
But his stats telling different story.

Rohit Sharma in Test Cricket

vs Starc + Cummins + Hazlewood
91 runs, 1 Out

vs Lyon
103 runs, 5 Outs

That's a big IF

Also those runs were in middle order.Expectedly he struggled vs Lyon :))

Looked good whilst he lasted but staying power is limited in Tests.

Need to learn to bat long overseas. Can't be rated as a good test player until he does that.

Back