Rohit Sharma slams broadcaster for privacy invasion

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
India captain Rohit Sharma has criticized local broadcaster for airing a video of him chatting with his former Mumbai Indians teammate Dhawal Kulkarni and others before a recent IPL match.

Two days after MI's final league match of IPL 2024, Rohit responded to the incident, stating that his privacy was violated by the broadcaster, who was more interested in getting exclusive content for views and engagement.

What is your take on it? Is Rohit Sharma's reaction justified?

Broadcasters are really desperate and have no sense of boundaries or ethics. And in India I imagine its more of a problem than the rest of the world.

Though its a little different, I'm not a fan of the PCB media team making videos of stuff like Shaheen giving a gift to Bumrah. It's like if it doesn't happen on camera, it doesn't happen at all. You can't do something out of the goodness of your heart... everything has to be caught on camera.

To be honest, the Indian media is quite cringe worthy. I haven't seen any media like this in any other country.

Indian fans are now in a dilemma, whether to defend Rohit here or there media.

To be honest, the Indian media is quite cringe worthy. I haven't seen any media like this in any other country.
This isn't just an Indian media or even cricket problem. This is a societal problem all over the world. Everything is about social media and getting clicks or likes. There have been so many stories of people getting themselves into dangerous positions just to get some intrusive footage of a sportsperson or even yelling obscene things to try and capture a reaction.

What the hell was he talking about that made him get so offensive?

maybe about Hardik Pandya? :unsure:

lol

Star Sports reacts after Rohit Sharma lashes out at IPL broadcaster for airing private conversation despite objection

Rohit Sharma, on Sunday, accused IPL broadcasters Star Sports of airing a private conversation.

The Indian Premier League broadcaster Star Sports released a statement after Rohit Sharma made scathing allegations on the channel that he was "breaching" his privacy despite his request not to record a video. The broadcasters stated that they didn't air the audio of any personal conversation involving the senior star.

A video went viral in which Rohit was seen asking the broadcasters not to record the audio of him having a chat with former Mumbai Indians star Dhawal Kulkarni. Meanwhile, after the clip went viral, Rohit posted a note on social media and accused the channel of airing a private conversation and breaching his privacy.

In a statement Star Sports clarified "No audio from this conversation was either recorded or broadcast. The clip, which only showed the senior player requesting for the audio of his conversation to not be recorded, got featured in Star Sports’ live coverage of pre-match preparations and lacked editorial relevance beyond this," it added.

"A clip involving a senior Indian player and his post on social media have gained prominence since yesterday. The clip, taken during a training session on May 16 at Wankhede stadium, for which Star Sports had authorised access, momentarily showed the senior player in conversation with his friends on the sidelines," Start Sports stated.

The broadcasters asserted that the audio of the conversation was not recorded.

Source: Hindustan Times

He can slam them now knowing his career will be over soon. Same broadcasters are the reason why he and Kohli have always had to be in the India team sheet regardless because of the huge dollars they dish out to BCCI

He can slam them now knowing his career will be over soon. Same broadcasters are the reason why he and Kohli have always had to be in the India team sheet regardless because of the huge dollars they dish out to BCCI
The best players on the team are only there because of the broadcasters? 😂

The best players on the team are only there because of the broadcasters? 😂
Well… yeah I do think broadcasters demand certain players to feature in order to retrieve a lot of their investment through marketable players.

Well… yeah I do think broadcasters demand certain players to feature in order to retrieve a lot of their investment through marketable players.
I mean to an extent sure, but they do back it up with performance unlike guys like Afridi who managed to somehow play for 20 years by showing up once or twice a year.

I mean to an extent sure, but they do back it up with performance unlike guys like Afridi who managed to somehow play for 20 years by showing up once or twice a year.
If ARY Group pledges to pay PCB $1B for a 5 year agreement to attain rights to air all of Pakistan’s matches…and they demand that they want Babar Azam as the captain of Pakistan in order to make this pledge,

The PCB will keep Babar as captain for the next 5 years. That’s how they will operate

If ARY Group pledges to pay PCB $1B for a 5 year agreement to attain rights to air all of Pakistan’s matches…and they demand that they want Babar Azam as the captain of Pakistan in order to make this pledge,

The PCB will keep Babar as captain for the next 5 years. That’s how they will operate
If the PCB had a spine they would say no,

But in all honesty that means you've done an awful job in building up your brand.

Look at the UFC in how they put building the company over their fighters, and now regardless of who is on the card, tickets will still sell for insane amounts because people want to see a UFC event.

At the end of the day your talent will come and go but the only constant will be the crest on the front of your shirt.

Back