Rumman Raees - good all-round cricketer from Karachi

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Rumman Raees Khan.

20 years old medium-fast bowler. Averages well under 30 with the ball inn all 3 formats.

Is quite handy with the bat as well as he averages 15 in first class, the potential is there.

The best thing is that he was the best fielder in the recent Faysal Bank division 2 tournament and the joint best bowler as well.

Looking forward to follow his progress.

Last edited:
have u seen him play or just hyping up with look of stats only??

from what i have seen of him t20 he is raw but does have some pace and a good bouncer.
bowls well on the flattest pitches in the country which is in karachi.

also rumman raees khan is a pashtun

from what i have seen of him t20 he is raw but does have some pace and a good bouncer.

Then worth a look indeed :afridi :younas

Last edited:
For some reason I read that as Human Race

Pakistan need to try out these kids in 20 20 , also organize more A tours , do that there potential can be seen in matches outside home.

Just wondering how is this important? cause i don't normally see posters coming out on threads about players and pointing that this player is Punjabi/Urdu speaking or whatever

Anyways getting back to the topic, his stats are certainly impressive and he should be in our A team so he can gain more experience.

Selected for Karachi Dolphins, don't know if he'll get a game (peoples were quite pessimistic about him), but his records don't say that he's particularly an all-rounder.

DID YOU SAY AVERAGES 15 WITH THE BAT?

I wouldn't be surprised if Wahab or Ajmal averaged as much or a little less

His batting is nothing to talk about.

Even Saeed Ajmal averages 12 in domestic cricket. Not to mention Raees plays on the flattest of wickets, so averaging 15 is pathetic.

Plus, Rumman bats 11th in United Bank's lineup. How in the world is he an all rounder?

^ he is first and foremost a bowler and he was named the best fielder in the recently concluded domestic List A tournament, hence the term "good allround cricketer". How often do you see pakistan fast bowlers being the best fielders in a tournament?

And of course 15 is not a good batting average at all, but he has played only 10FC matches so he can improve as a batsman.
And if you see the scorecards of last years FC matches you will see that the pitches are not flat at all. You find flat wickets in India where they pile up 600 for fun.

Last edited:
Refer to the Faisal Bank T20 thread. Dolphin fans not happy with his selection. :)

Emmad ali is of a similar age and batting ability but for me he is better as he is a southpaw and they can generate a better angle to right handers and if they swing the ball in then they are a world class prospect

the first thing that came up in my mind was Ramman Noodles :julian

bowling avg of 30? That isn't really good.

yeh really gone downhill, he played 1 game last yr in t20 and looked promising, but pace has gone downhill a lot
suprised karachi didn't give sohail khan a go

He was decent in this tournament, he has a good slower ball and is a good blower at the death but he needs too improve a lot if he wants to make a case for national selection

He's good but Salman isn't world class and I'm not sure he'll cause problems to better players. As for his batting, he's not an all rounder

Is Ruman Raees nephew of Inzimam? I think I just heard one of the commentators mentioning this.

They must have been talking about another player then.

Well, he's playing the Faysal Bank ODI final v Lahore Lions right now, and looks good. Has good pace and moves the ball both ways (getting lot of swing) though doesn't have great control (he's 21, only can get better from now.)
Got the in form WK-batsman Umar Siddiq (a LH) with an unplayable out-swinger.

Well, he's playing the Faysal Bank ODI final v Lahore Lions right now, and looks good. Has good pace and moves the ball both ways (getting lot of swing) though doesn't have great control (he's 21, only can get better from now.)
Got the in form WK-batsman Umar Siddiq (a LH) with an unplayable out-swinger.

Which was clearly not out as the there was a daylight difference b/w bat and bowl (According to one of the commentators)

Iam not impressed with this dude he is not very quick (around 127-132k) and doesnt get bounce at all , I remember Muhammad Ayub doger frustrated him by continously dancing down the pitch against him in the Quade Trophy match , in reply he bowled a bouncer which didnt rise at all and was easily played by Ayub Doger , That over was a huge turn off for me.

Saw him bowling in one of the T20 competitions in September. Don't remember too much but I do remember him ripping a stump out of the ground with a yorker!

not impressed by him at all.
same as imran khan junior (T20 wala)

Report indicates he's injured as well!

Just saw him bowling. ..doing really good and that so against Pietersen and Luke wright who is smashing the bash around the ground.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Good utility bowler and can give you 4 economical overs....

a updated version of sohail tanvir infact better than him

Unlike Tanvir he has just bowled 2 overs according to his field. Didn't try anything adventurous and just worked within his limitations

Unlike Tanvir he has just bowled 2 overs according to his field. Didn't try anything adventurous and just worked within his limitations

yeah thats the thing I like about him. Dont try to act like a superman if you are not.

Impressed with him.

Not the quickest but he was accurate and seemed to know what he was doing.

Definitely has potential.

Impressed with him.

Still, it would be a hard decision whether to play him or not, because Russel did not bowl well. ISL can't play Watson, Russel and Raees, one of them will have to be dropped for a spinner.

Irfan is an international bowler, and proven odi bowler, so he cant be dropped, russel showed his batting skills today. Raees might have to make way for a spinner.

Still, it would be a hard decision whether to play him or not, because Russel did not bowl well. ISL can't play Watson, Russel and Raees, one of them will have to be dropped for a spinner.

Irfan is an international bowler, and proven odi bowler, so he cant be dropped, russel showed his batting skills today. Raees might have to make way for a spinner.

Raees can't be dropped for a spinner. You have to play an emerging player and he's one. The other emerging player Islamabad have is Amad Butt, also a pacer.

Raees can't be dropped for a spinner. You have to play an emerging player and he's one. The other emerging player Islamabad have is Amad Butt, also a pacer.

oh yes you are right there

Husain Tallat is another another emerging.

So maybe Russel might have to sit out? Sucks if that happens.

Wasn't that impressive saw him earlier in a domestic match too and he was doing the same bowling legside.Let's see after some matches where he stands.

Impressed with him.

I disagree, i think the novelty factor will run out if he hasn't got anything more then bowling a leg side line.
On a pitch where the ball comes on he will get slaughtered bowling that line and at his speed

Why are you voicing your support for Irfan when he has been the most rubbish bowler in today's game and in last odi against New Zealand ?

Russel , Watson & Rumman are far better T20 bowlers than current sorry state of Irfan.

Irfan took 2 wickets in 2 odis against FATA & Rawalpindi region team. In those two matches sadaf hussain took 8 wickets. Can't you take a lesson from it ?

Kamran Ghulam should replace Irfan in playing eleven next game.

Why are you voicing your support for Irfan when he has been the most rubbish bowler in today's game and in last odi against New Zealand ?

Russel , Watson & Rumman are far better T20 bowlers than current sorry state of Irfan.

Irfan took 2 wickets in 2 odis against FATA & Rawalpindi region team. In those two matches sadaf hussain took 8 wickets. Can't you take a lesson from it ?

Yeah Irfan is absolutely done. He has not swung the ball in months

10000000% brother.

Irfan is a good character but he's done for T20s. He can't bat, he can't field, and he's way way too expensive these days. Isn't adding utility in any way.

Hussain Tallat is a b_kwass signing. He was exposed in QEA trophy final where he has so many technical issues in his batting.
It was a huge mistake by PSL franchises signing imran butt & hussain tallat. Could have selected deserving players like Fakhar Zaman etc.

I hope Dean Jones , Wasim Akram & Tauseef Ahmed don't give even a single game to Hussain Tallat. I blame Hasan Cheema & Rehan ul Haq for picking hussain tallat & Khalid Latif.

No way Andre Russel sits out. He needs to bat in top 6 for islamabad. He is a world class fielder and great hitter. He can bowl 140 plus and can bowl good bouncers yorkers and slower ones. Today his body language was down. He was sent too late to bat with 4 overs remaining only.

Irfan will be dropped next game. No other change expected.

Yeah Irfan is absolutely done. He has not swung the ball in months

10000000% brother.

Irfan is a good character but he's done for T20s. He can't bat, he can't field, and he's way way too expensive these days. Isn't adding utility in any way.

Can't say whether he is finished or not but he is totally short of gas. Bowling 15 kph slower than what his speed was 1 year ago. He has no rhythm, runup is not in order, delivering ball too early in delivery stride , biomechanics , follow through all over the place hence no accuracy in line and length. Wrist not behun the ball hence no seam movement nor angle.

If he can sort out these 5,6 issues than he will be back with a bang.

He is 34 and age is catching up.

Just play Kamran Ghulam for a batsman. He is an allrounder.

he is was best bowler in T-20's against england lions and i think man of the series also and was almost certain for new Zealand tour but fell ill and had to back out , i think he should tried in t-20 wc.

Bowling really well at the death, completely tied up big hitters like Afridi and Tamim.

Rumman Raees you're awesome! I cannot believe the selectors opted for Anwar instead while we had Raees in the camp as well.

He is a pretty decent bowling allrounder for the ODI and T20 formats.

Mods [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] change title of thread because rumman raees is pure bowler not allrounder

Rumman Raees you're awesome! I cannot believe the selectors opted for Anwar instead while we had Raees in the camp as well.

He is a pretty decent bowling allrounder for the ODI and T20 formats.

Allrounder? He has very poor batting stats in domestic cricket, don't think he is too much of a batsman,

This guy is too mature. He knows what he is doing, knows where to bowl, sets his own field. Bowls at the right area, doesnt do something which he cant do. He uses the skills he has till the fullest.

Im in love with this bowler

Really impressed should be selected in t20 Squad for Asia cup

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back