S Africa v West Indies | World T20 Super 8 | Oval | 13/6/09

Inswinging Yorker said:
probably but its a perfect batting strip full of runs and lightning fast outfield

Then maybe WI have a shot.. i didn't follow the match so far. But they need Gayle to go crazy in the powerplay and put on at least 50-60 runs.

Gayle and the exciting Fletcher batting.

Gayle off the mark with a couple.

Slow start from WI giving respect to Steyn

Cant afford to delay the acceleration too long

Fletcher gone.

Clean bowled for a duck.

2 ducks in a row for Fletcher.

I hope Windies dont play safe, their only chance is if the have a crack at this total.

And they lost fletcher.

If fletcher was playing for pakistan....fans would have been baying for his blood right now and the management would sent him back home

Cracking shot by Simmons. This time gone for 4.

Too short and wide by Steyn.

Mansoor_Ahmed said:
If fletcher was playing for pakistan....fans would have been baying for his blood right now and the management would sent him back home

And WI fans would be doing the same to Fletcher.. Indians fans were even doing it to their captain... we aren't the only ones

Sparhawk said:
And WI fans would be doing the same to Fletcher.. Indians fans were even doing it to their captain... we aren't the only ones

I dont think WI fans would react the way some of us have reacted to Salman Butt or Afridi after yesterdays game

Gayle led to his own downfall.

This match and the last - Gayle has looked too conservative - he normaly plays his shots but he hasn't.

Mansoor_Ahmed said:
I dont think WI fans would react the way some of us have reacted to Salman Butt or Afridi after yesterdays game

Butt is one of the worst players to play 20-20 cricket.

He should be no where near the team.

oh man. Gayle gone. I guess only thing left is for WI to score as much as they can - atleast 160 which will be very difficult

Cracking shot by Simmons for 4.

Two in form batsman for West Indies.

Too short and Simmons plays the pull shot.

Another 4.

Good over so far for West Indies.

Pitched up and Simmins hits it over cover for another 4.

4 boundaries in the over with one ball to go.

Mansoor_Ahmed said:

Let me check...

Just like i thought. Theres a thread called Fletcher can't bat on the WI cricket forum where posters are asking for him to be sent home :asif

A single - simmons tries to smack it BUT hits the ground and finds the fielder

14141 so far from the over

Back