Saud Shakeel - A viable T20 option?

He was outperformed by Babar 57@143. Also in the first elimiator match he got out on zero. Failed to step up when required. Right now there is no indication he’s going to be better than Babar and Rizwan. He is also an accumulator just like them.
Saud for Rizwan in t20 at opening not babar.

Babar can go at 3, Shabzada farhan can go at opening along with Saud if fakhar is no longer a t20 option although fakhar needs one more run at opening

Saud for Rizwan in t20 at opening not babar.

Babar can go at 3, Shabzada farhan can go at opening along with Saud if fakhar is no longer a t20 option although fakhar needs one more run at opening
Yea that’s what I mentioned too. Babar must play at number 3. I’m just not convinced about Saud opening. I want Abdullah to open along with somebody else. Many we can try Abdullah and Saud and see how it goes or maybe we can try Abdullah and Fakhar. I guess at this stage we have to try different options and see what works. I want Abdullah Shafique to get a fair run at the top.

Yea that’s what I mentioned too. Babar must play at number 3. I’m just not convinced about Saud opening. I want Abdullah to open along with somebody else. Many we can try Abdullah and Saud and see how it goes or maybe we can try Abdullah and Fakhar. I guess at this stage we have to try different options and see what works. I want Abdullah Shafique to get a fair run at the top.
Saud is a better option to open then Abdullah at t20 because he plays unorthodox strokes.

Abdullah is better at odi because he has better defense, more elegenat stroke play and has the habit of playing extremly long innings that are crucial for Pakistan's success.

For t20 either you gotta be a massive power hitter, or you gotta be innovative, or both like Jos butler. Abdullah doesn't really have that for t20. Although I don't mind Abdullah becoming our all 3 format opener. He's been improving day by day defo the most improved cricketer over the last few months batting wise.

Back