"Shane Watson has the best technique in Australian team" : Shoaib Akhtar

Abdul

ODI Debutant
Runs
Shoaib Akhtar speaking on TV:

Australia have never done well in Sri Lanka on turning tracks, if we go by their record there historically.

Hayden and Langer were good players against spin and especially, Langer liked to feast on the spinners but he couldn't do well against Muralitharan.

I think Steven Smith is all talk. Watson has the best batting technique in Australian team.

If Darren Lehmann wants to keep his job, then he has to revamp the Australian Test team.

I used to shine the ball with the suncream from my face.

Fast bowling is not about just about the bowling. It's all about the attitude. If you don't have the attitude, you can't be a fast bowler. When you're running in, you have the ownership of the ground. All of the newer bowlers in cricket lack this.

Winning matches for your team is what makes you a good fast bowler.

South Africa have changed themselves drastically over the last five years.

Hashim Amla is very lame as a captain.

AB de Villiers doesn't have a understanding of Test matches as a captain.

Shoaib Akhtar speaking on TV:

Australia have never done well in Sri Lanka on turning tracks, if we go by their record there historically.

Hayden and Langer were good players against spin and especially, Langer liked to feast on the spinners but he couldn't do well against Muralitharan.

I think Steven Smith is all talk. Watson has the best batting technique in Australian team.

If Darren Lehmann wants to keep his job, then he has to revamp the Australian Test team.

I used to shine the ball with the suncream from my face.

Fast bowling is not about just about the bowling. It's all about the attitude. If you don't have the attitude, you can't be a fast bowler. When you're running in, you have the ownership of the ground. All of the newer bowlers in cricket lack this.

Winning matches for your team is what makes you a good fast bowler.

South Africa have changed themselves drastically over the last five years.

Hashim Amla is very lame as a captain.

AB de Villiers doesn't have a understanding of Test matches as a captain.

Is that legal?

I think Shane Watson's pads attest to how good a batting technique he had.

Shoaib surely can't be serious...

CeT2-HoVIAAhnTk.jpg

He does have a good technique. Against Pak luck also seems to favour him as well.

I have no idea what has gotten into Akhtar these days.

Please, just focus on bowling and bowling alone. Coach young bowlers, tell us your spicy interesting stories from the bowling days et al.

You don't have any idea about batting/batsmen or anything apart from bowling.

If he thinks Watson has the best technique in Australia, shoiab can't be taken seriously

i can't remember langer ever dominating the spinners tbh. i know he had his struggles against murali but it's not like he dominated the others.

Smith doesn't talk loads anyway so I don't know what Shoaib is thinking

That statement meant that Smith doesn't perform - when he clearly does and better than everyone else in the world in Tests.

Shoaib's lost the plot. Watson has the best technique. Smith's all talk. Try it the other way round Shoaib and see if that works.

He sounds just like me when I am on troll mood. :akhtar What a character, need more honest comments from Rawalpindi express. Smith really isn't anything special, his captaincy is defensive and he can't motivate the team, make Warner Captain. Smith looks like Mushfiq nowadays :yk

So what the deal is Shoaib auditioning for a role in the PCB management.

Dear Shoaib,
Shane Watson has retired from Test cricket.

Yours faithfully,
Junaids

:))

The biggest LBW candidate of them all.

Of all Aussie batsmen, he's the one Akhtar had to pick?

Call him whatever you like but he's their best batsman alongside Smith. So it's possible Akhtar meant to say Warner.

Averages 27 in Lanka, 24 in India, 37 in England, 26 in West Indies, 13 in New Zealand.

Was watching the show yesterday. Honestly, couldn't bear that how badly was the show going on with everyone having no idea what they are talking about. The host has almost nothing to like about and the guests, Rashid and Shoaib seemed clueless with all their opinions.

Few things I noticed in those 20 mins of watching

1) They were constantly saying how all NZ bowlers bowl over 150k including Boult, Southee and Wagner :/. They said even Anderson bowls over 145 regularly and the host seemed to be attesting to that. Further, they showed the wickets highlights of each bowler and Rashid was analysing that the batsmen are beaten for pace, which is 150K plus. Whereas the speedometer in the scorecard regularly clocked in mid 130s.

2) Shoaib analysing each bowler as 'Tagra', 'Jaan marta hai'. He first said that Southee is the only bowler not permanent in the team and NZ are investing in him to make him a part before suddenly changing his statement saying that they are building their bowling around Southee and he is the spearhead. When his confusion was evident, he said sometimes Southee is the spearhead and sometimes Boult is the spearhead.

3) Rashid said that Asad should move back to 6 as he already got 2 pairs on no.3 (Actually, its only one) although he has scored a 100 too. The host again confirmed and said yes that he had got a couple of pairs but was clueless regarding Asad Shafiq's 100 at 3.
I know that mistakes happen, but it is their job to be well prepared for their show. Especially the host who always seem to boast his knowledge and how he remembers the stats (Many times providing wrong stats with no one to counter as the guests too dont know). If we normal followers remember such things, its his job to be well prepared before giving out something.

After watching 20 mins, I thought its better to get some sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong here?

Shoib said Watto has the best technique among the present batsmen in Australian line up Just like one can say that Darren Bravo is best among West Indians. May be it's true considering the fact that present Australian batting line up is not that good; even a walking LBW candidate can be regarded best among them! :narine

Some more quotes from Akhtar:

"I don't think NZ bowlers will allow any freedom to Sharjeel if he plays in this match"

"They brought back Shane Bond as coach and tasked him to prepare 10 fast-bowlers in domestic cricket as back-ups for the senior team"

Last edited:
What's wrong here?

Shoib said Watto has the best technique among the present batsmen in Australian line up Just like one can say that Darren Bravo is best among West Indians. May be it's true considering the fact that present Australian batting line up is not that good; even a walking LBW candidate can be regarded best among them! :narine

Well Watson isn't in the Australian team for one

If I had to pick a current Australian batsman with the best 'technique', I would go for S Marsh.

i can't remember langer ever dominating the spinners tbh. i know he had his struggles against murali but it's not like he dominated the others.

there is a famous youtube video where Langer talks about Shoaib Akhtar..praises his pacee. Talks about a particular match where he said he was happy to be standing in the non strikers end, when Punter was getting 150kph thunder bolts from Akhtar. Langer called it the fastest over in test cricket he had ever seen...so..i guess, Akhtar is scratching that buggers back.

Back