Shaun Marsh suffers injury on finger but expected to recover for series against Pakistan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Cricket Australia has provided the following update on injured Australian batsman Shaun Marsh.

Bupa Support team Physiotherapist David Beakley said: “Shaun re-injured his left little finger on day one while fielding.

“Subsequent x-rays have shown a similar break to the previous one and he will now require surgery to stabilise the bone fragment.

“At this stage, all going according to plan, we expect Shaun to be available for selection during the Commonwealth Bank Pakistan Test Series.”

The National Selection Panel have added Queensland’s Joe Burns and South Australia’s Callum Ferguson to the squad for Hobart.

Cricket Australia has provided the following update on injured Australian batsman Shaun Marsh.

Bupa Support team Physiotherapist David Beakley said: “Shaun re-injured his left little finger on day one while fielding.

“Subsequent x-rays have shown a similar break to the previous one and he will now require surgery to stabilise the bone fragment.

“At this stage, all going according to plan, we expect Shaun to be available for selection during the Commonwealth Bank Pakistan Test Series.”

The National Selection Panel have added Queensland’s Joe Burns and South Australia’s Callum Ferguson to the squad for Hobart.

There is no way he will be back for the Pakistan series after getting the bone pinned.

The recovery time is too long - the First Test is in 5 weeks - but also he will have played no First Class cricket.

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Smith*
4. Ferguson
5. Voges
6. Burns/Nevill+
7. Nevill+/Marsh
8. Starc
9. Siddle
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Smith*
4. Ferguson
5. Voges
6. Burns/Nevill+
7. Nevill+/Marsh
8. Starc
9. Siddle
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

I wrote a thread about this which was too similar to this one and got replaced.

I think that Ferguson is there in case the selectors think that they just can't keep Mitch Marsh at Number 6 with a Test average of 23.

The problem is that the Aussies have to win one or both Tests, and if they go down from 4 quicks + Lyon to 3 quicks + Lyon they risk burning out Starc.

The selection of Mennie over Bird showed that they are very nervous about runs from the lower order. I'm not sure that Mitch Marsh is safe.

Whereas, personally I think he adds great balance to the team.

I wrote a thread about this which was too similar to this one and got replaced.

I think that Ferguson is there in case the selectors think that they just can't keep Mitch Marsh at Number 6 with a Test average of 23.

The problem is that the Aussies have to win one or both Tests, and if they go down from 4 quicks + Lyon to 3 quicks + Lyon they risk burning out Starc.

The selection of Mennie over Bird showed that they are very nervous about runs from the lower order. I'm not sure that Mitch Marsh is safe.

Whereas, personally I think he adds great balance to the team.

Mitch Marsh is safe because he is selected as insurance for the quicks breaking down mid test.

Its pretty horrible selection policy and quite cowardly but it is what they are doing

No matter who play Pak going to be 1st Asian team to thump Aussies in a test series in their backyard.

Mitch Marsh is safe because he is selected as insurance for the quicks breaking down mid test.

Its pretty horrible selection policy and quite cowardly but it is what they are doing

Yeah, there is the alternative that Ferguson is just a standby replacement for Voges' hammie.

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Smith*
4. Ferguson
5. Voges
6. Burns/Nevill+
7. Nevill+/Marsh
8. Starc
9. Siddle
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

If there is even a tiny bit of purchase on the surface, Yasir will eat these guys alive. Quite an average Aussie side to be honest.

Warner and Smith are the biggest threat.

If there is even a tiny bit of purchase on the surface, Yasir will eat these guys alive. Quite an average Aussie side to be honest.

Warner and Smith are the biggest threat.

We're whitewashing bro :yk2 or getting white washed :danish No in-between

Stupid selection policy. Essentially they go into battle expecting the worst. What kind of thinking is that?

Back