Should Virat Kohli send Babar Azam a 'This too shall pass, stay strong' tweet?

I think Raturaj Gaikwad should do it.

Virat Kohli sends moral support to players of his level and caliber, not guys who wouldn’t ever represent the same level of team he features in.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Virat Kohli would have already messaged Babar personally regarding this.

To do it publicly would require Kohli to have a genuine sense of belief in Babar as a world class batter and potential great of the game which Babar felt for Kohli before posting that tweet couple of years ago. If deep down even Kohli thinks Babar doesn’t have it in him he wouldn’t make such a tweet. At the end of the day you do this for people you believe in, even as a fan.

I'd suggest Wiese or Muzarabani would be apt candidates to make this tweet. They would be good PSL buddies with Babar.

Kohli is kohinoor. Babar is patloon.

When Virat was struggling with his form, Babar sent him one.

I think Virat should return the favour?
He can? But what good will it do?

Virat Kohli is the definition of form is temporary but class is permanent? He's had lapses in form before? Like 2012 Pakistan series or his England series but he always bounced back?

He was always fit, confident, had good game awareness and had a mastery of his strokes. Losing a bit of concentration and mistiming is something that happens to almost every player.

He didn't have backfoot issues like babar, or a dad bod like babar or a loss of interest like babar, or had Strike rate phobia and proceeded tongive tweets like I'm a t20 anchorer. Nor was he afraid of Spinning wickets and begged ramiz raja for curation against Nepal haha.

Their is a huge gap in terms of fitness, Mentality and even fundamental skills. Kohli doesn't have backfoot issues, nor is lacking in stroke play or his ability to read spin.

No, VK won’t... because he knows this bad patch is not going to pass soon for Babar with his current fitness level, so better not to waste his tweet! lol

Why should Kohli acknowledge a hype job devoid of any work ethic? It will be an insult for him to acknowledge someone not even being close to his level.

What Babar wrote to VK, even though well intentioned, came across as condescending. Totally backfired on Babar big time since VK’s rise back in form corresponded with his own loss of form.

VK will do well staying away from all this. As Hitman once famously said in a presser, “Agar main Pakistan ka captain hota to salah (advice) deta, varna main kyu du?”

There is no real need but even if he did that, it won't make much difference for babar to get his form back.

What Babar wrote to VK, even though well intentioned, came across as condescending. Totally backfired on Babar big time since VK’s rise back in form corresponded with his own loss of form.

VK will do well staying away from all this. As Hitman once famously said in a presser, “Agar main Pakistan ka captain hota to salah (advice) deta, varna main kyu du?”

Babar saw the moment as a change of guard and felt it was his duty to send a few good words to his predecessor, now that he was the newly crowned King. 👑

Fake King as it turned out, but his intentions were pure.

Sad to see so much hate for Babar.

Yes , he is nowhere near as talented or intelligent or charismatic as the average Indian/Saffer/OZ batter but that does not mean Kohli would forget his gracious unassuming nice guy nature.

Sad to see so much hate for Babar.

Yes , he is nowhere near as talented or intelligent or charismatic as the average Indian/Saffer/OZ batter but that does not mean Kohli would forget his gracious unassuming nice guy nature.
Look, I would have understood if he had messaged his support to Kohli privately, but publicly making his failures official while offering sympathies doesn’t come across as gracious but rather condescending, considering Babar was then touted as successor to Kohli. The only saving grace to all this is knowing Babar’s command of English language, this was a social faux pas.

Look, I would have understood if he had messaged his support to Kohli privately, but publicly making his failures official while offering sympathies doesn’t come across as gracious but rather condescending, considering Babar was then touted as successor to Kohli. The only saving grace to all this is knowing Babar’s command of English language, this was a social faux pas.
One thing - you are right that it was most likely done by his social media manager .

Secondly, we can perceive it as whatever but I'm sure Bobsy would've done it in good faith even if it was him.

I don't think Bobs is the one to be condescending to anyone.

When Virat was struggling with his form, Babar sent him one.

I think Virat should return the favour?
Unnecessary taunt on Babar’s empathy for Virat. That was a magnanimous post from Babar even though he didn’t have to post. Babar is good player. His downfall is that he is not willing to work harder and harder like Virat did and still does.

Babar saw the moment as a change of guard and felt it was his duty to send a few good words to his predecessor, now that he was the newly crowned King. 👑

Fake King as it turned out, but his intentions were pure.

We don't know if Babar explicitly chose to do it, or he just rolled along with a decision taken by his social media PR team.

This is normal now. People now tweet public remembrances for their deceased parents, share love notes for their spouses, and offer condolences—all in the span of a single day. They seamlessly shift from sorrow to romance to anger, with just a change in topic or thread. We've evolved from animals to social animals to social media animals.

Nothing to feel bad about.

Unnecessary taunt on Babar’s empathy for Virat. That was a magnanimous post from Babar even though he didn’t have to post. Babar is good player. His downfall is that he is not willing to work harder and harder like Virat did and still does.
Social media mismanagement or not, have you ever seen another sportsman publicly commenting on the failures of their sporting rivals even with the intention of expressing ‘empathy’? Thats in bad form.

Kohli doesn't care.

You think he is sitting there in his London mansion watching Babar Azam bat against Bangladesh in Pindi?

Imagine!

Nvqmni3.png

Disclaimer: Photoshopped

This is normal now. People now tweet public remembrances for their deceased parents, share love notes for their spouses, and offer condolences—all in the span of a single day. They seamlessly shift from sorrow to romance to anger, with just a change in topic or thread. We've evolved from animals to social animals to social media animals.

Nothing to feel bad about.
I guess so. Just feels odd to me - if you want to communicate something directly to somebody message them directly, don’t make it a media circus of it. But I guess I am not one of those whose life is an open book on social media.

This too shall pass is definitely not from Babar. His PR has done it to prop him up given the massive popularity of Kohli. This artificial image boosting of Babar who doesn't have charisma like Imran khan is cringeworthy. Making him pose like model looks totally out of place.

Back