Simon Doull & Ramiz Raja regarding Ahmed Shehzad

in_cutter

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
This was during commentary.

Simon: "Personality wise, looks wise...I know exactly who is trying to be. You don't have to be a rocket science just work out that he wants to be Virat Kohli"

Ramiz: "yah the looks are not so...dis-similiar but I think it's the stats. We are talking 28 hundreds vs six"

Ouch

I would post the link to the vid but mods may not allow it.

Not an unfair comment at all. Shehzad has been poor for quite a while and has had enough chances. Have lost patience with him. Draft someone else in and send him back to domestics and nca.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

He is woefully out of form....in 2010 he and Milne were playing against each other...look at where they stand now....one progressd...other one is regressing

Both Shehzad and Umar Akmal are failures but how come Rameez never criticizes the green lipstick boy for his antics?

Not an excuse for his poor run of performance but he's also very unlucky , most of the time gets out with a stunning catch , when looks set for a big score.

the likes of Shehzad, U Akmal, S Maqsood need to be sent back to domestic cricket.

LOL why would he want to look like kohli? He might be a very good player but looks wise? Besides almost every other man is having this style nowadays.

Both Shehzad and Umar Akmal are failures but how come Rameez never criticizes the green lipstick boy for his antics?

Unlike Shezhad, Umar hasn't featured in the Test team for the last 4-5 years and in the ODI team for the last year, so he doesn't deserve criticism in regard to being picked in a format (T20) continuously because he is Pakistan's best player in T20Is.

Umar Akmal is a good player. Even i the scores 30-40 odd, I wouldn't mind him back as a lower-order hitter. Would be awful in case of a collapse but in the case of yesterday it would have been great to have him.

Unlike Shezhad, Umar hasn't featured in the Test team for the last 4-5 years and in the ODI team for the last year, so he doesn't deserve criticism in regard to being picked in a format (T20) continuously because he is Pakistan's best player in T20Is.

really? umar akmal the best T20 player? How many player of the match for him in T20s for PAkistan?

really? umar akmal the best T20 player? How many player of the match for him in T20s for PAkistan?

Name one player that's better than him in T20Is for Pakistan.

MOM are not necessarily a good indicator of a player's calibre, for example Afridi has the most MOMs for Pakistan in ODIs but yet we all know he is crap 80 % of the time.

Name one player that's better than him in T20Is for Pakistan.

MOM are not necessarily a good indicator of a player's calibre, for example Afridi has the most MOMs for Pakistan in ODIs but yet we all know he is crap 80 % of the time.

I am no fan of Afridi but he is thousand times better than Umar Akmal.

Here is the link to the video. Why do the commies have to bring it up when he's batting? These comparisons sound ridiculous. Rameez was clearly uncomfortable there..

There are a lot of things to criticise Shehzad about but it's silly to say he's trying to be like Virat Kohli - lots of young guys have that style of haircut, a short beard etc these days.

Some people try and act stupid, make fun of people who are down so that they feel accepted....

Ramiz looks like that to me....

Poor commentary overall....

Sharam nahi aati cricket ke baray mai batay kerte huwa Rameez - :moyo

btw, how can they be so sure that Shehzad wants to copy Kohli. Has Shezzy ever said something in this regard ?

btw, how can they be so sure that Shehzad wants to copy Kohli. Has Shezzy ever said something in this regard ?

In 70's every fast bowler wanted to be Denis Lillie... Hadlee, Imran etc....

Simon Doull and Rameez should actually go to Hadlee and Imran and tell them they ain't great....

Shehzad looks like Kohli and vice-versa - none of them can do anything about it.
Trying to look like Kohli - that is an incorrect statement unless Shehzad himself has said something like that.

Here is the link to the video. Why do the commies have to bring it up when he's batting? These comparisons sound ridiculous. Rameez was clearly uncomfortable there..
And now where goes the professionalism of Ramiz the Rambo Raja. He can show that to the one who can shut his mouth.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

For some reason i think Ahmed shehzad was trolling Ramiz raja on one of the PSL man of the match interview for his on air comments on Ahmed shehzad during pakistan vs new zealand.

ridiculous commentary. what he does outside of cricket and how he lives is his personal business.

Not an excuse for his poor run of performance but he's also very unlucky , most of the time gets out with a stunning catch , when looks set for a big score.

See that's where Kohli is different. He rarely plays the ball in the air and never before he is set

Shehzad looks like Kohli and vice-versa - none of them can do anything about it.
Trying to look like Kohli - that is an incorrect statement unless Shehzad himself has said something like that.

So you missed the part where he was copying the same hairstyle not once but twice, all of his tweets being similar to Kohli's, his photo poses being similar to him? There is a huge thread on this here

So you missed the part where he was copying the same hairstyle not once but twice, all of his tweets being similar to Kohli's, his photo poses being similar to him? There is a huge thread on this here - See more at: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...-regarding-Ahmad-Shehzad#sthash.0zAkkioG.dpuf

That's just an excuse. A good batsman is supposed to rotate strike consistently, pierce gaps and wait for a loose delivery, rather than playing airy shots.

Simon Doull was at it again yesterday, this time taking a cheap shot at Waqar Younis in the commentary box. Let me paraphrase the incident that happened during a demonstration of the grip on the ball by Waqar and Simon Doull:

Waqar: It depends on the size of the hand. Your hands are bigger than mine. This cricket ball looks like a ping pong ball in your hand.

Simon Doull: {out of no where} Another thing is that my nails are not as good as your. It helps... running the nails around the seam during run up.

Waqar {handling it like a gentleman with a raw smile}: Yes, to clean the ball.

Bitter and tasteless comments these. He maybe didn't like Waqar saying his hands are too big

Last edited by a moderator:

Shehzad facial hairstyle seems to go in line with Kohlis lol

Before it was haircut too

Simon Doull was at it again yesterday, this time taking a cheap shot at Waqar Younis in the commentary box. Let me paraphrase the incident that happened during a demonstration of the grip on the ball by Waqar and Simon Doull:

Waqar: It depends on the size of the hand. Your hands are bigger than mine. This cricket ball looks like a ping pong ball in your hand.

Simon Doull: {out of no where} Another thing is that my nails are not as good as your. It helps... running the nails around the seam during run up.

Bitter and tasteless comments these. He maybe didn't like Waqar saying his hands are too big

Lol seems like doulls feelings got hurt

Lol seems like doulls feelings got hurt

I was taken aback and I am sure everyone was, as these comments came out of nowhere! Just moments ago, Simon Doull and I believe it was Shane Bond in the commentary box that were praising Wasim and Waqar. I was so happy to see Waqar handling the embarrassing situation perfectly.

Gee, that's poor from Doull. Maybe he got offended by the big hands comment, but I don't think it's an offensive comment anyway..

New Zealand commentators are actually pretty bad, haven't seen a decent commentator from Kiwi land. They are hateful and stuck up.

I don't understand what Waqar said which could have offended Simon Doull

Commentary apart, really miss him in NZ squad. Those bouncers were dollies for him.

Back