"Does the directive come from Babar, who wants to bat on a road & improve his stats": Simon Doull

True. But Babar needs to understand winning the matches is equally important. He stops telling curator to make such roads and try to prepare supportive result oriented pitches. Personal glories won't that matters.

How do you expect his team to win matches on those highways?

No media can transform a cricketer in to a star. A player turns in to a star solely because of his performance. The only cricketer in history to turn in to a star in his country with below par output is Shahid Afridi.

Your comment is laughable.

Laugh away Hitman Bhai but it's true. He was marketed well above his achievements. A good player presented as great.

Laugh away Hitman Bhai but it's true. He was marketed well above his achievements. A good player presented as great.

Such a shame that he received plaudits from the entire world, including King Viv. I guess the rest of the cricketing world was blind as well who got caught into the hype? Now tell me, whose opinion counts more? Yours, or the rest of the cricketing fraternity who rated him sky high? Don't flatter yourself. You opinion holds as much significance as as a certain choker's stolen wickets.

Such a shame that he received plaudits from the entire world, including King Viv. I guess the rest of the cricketing world was blind as well who got caught into the hype? Now tell me, whose opinion counts more? Yours, or the rest of the cricketing fraternity who rated him sky high? Don't flatter yourself. You opinion holds as much significance as as a certain choker's stolen wickets.

Of course my opinion holds no value but facts hold more weight than opinion of small bubble of "cricketing fraternity" that is prone to mutual backscratching.

I genuinely don't know who you are referring to in the last sentence.

A very weird commentator....

Today he was whining that look Shan Masood has played well, but they should retire him out and send in the hitters. Shan Masood was batting with a strike rate of 150+ at that time. What was the gurantee that Pollard (who is old) and Miller would strike the ball at a higher strike rate?

Simon Doull seems to have an issue with the strategy of some players even though a score of 200plus was made.

Best commentator in the PSL

Absolutely annihilating the last regime’s starboys

Striking at 150 on a track where Rizwan comfortably struck at 200

Rizwan of all people

Doully’s haters need to understand the game

A very weird commentator....

Today he was whining that look Shan Masood has played well, but they should retire him out and send in the hitters. Shan Masood was batting with a strike rate of 150+ at that time. What was the gurantee that Pollard (who is old) and Miller would strike the ball at a higher strike rate?

Simon Doull seems to have an issue with the strategy of some players even though a score of 200plus was made.

His supporters include people who think 8 off 5 balls is better than 40 ball 50

50 off 40 balls when you’ve being playing in the PP overs is unacceptable.

Yet, the same people that think 50 off 40 balls for an opener is decent are the same ones that blame the middle/lower order for not scoring 30 off 15 balls etc when they have to face spinners, harder to find gaps and when bowlers look to bowl more defensively using variations and bowling wide of the crease.

Simon Doull doesn't seem to know what should be spoken in private and what in public. He will cause a riot one day.

Simon Doull doesn't seem to know what should be spoken in private and what in public. He will cause a riot one day.

The gama maja style of commentary which sits well with some.

The gama maja style of commentary which sits well with some.

What about Sana Mir, Bazid Khan and Urooj Mumtaz constantly feeding us false praise. Also Sikander Bakht yes man too

50 off 40 balls is a poor innings, so is 8 of 5. However, the later gives others a better chance to step up and nullify that one failed innings whereas the former digs your team a much deeper hole.

What about Sana Mir, Bazid Khan and Urooj Mumtaz constantly feeding us false praise. Also Sikander Bakht yes man too

They are polite.

If you want village yokel commentary, go to a local farm fair.

They are polite.

They are dishonest whilst being polite

I guess we still need the colonisers to speak the truth for us in Pakistan

Keep at it Doully

They are polite.

The local commentators are scared to ask the difficult questions or criticise senior players or the tournament for the fear of losing their jobs.

I prefer the honest and probing assessment of the likes of Simon Doull who are not afraid to criticise players irrespective of who they are, are prepared to criticise umpires, are prepared to criticise over-rates and are prepared to have a go at captains over their decision-making etc.

If commentators are there just to agree with everything and just tow the party line, they may as well have robots commentating.

Last edited:
The local commentators are scared to ask the difficult questions or criticise senior players or the tournament for the fear of losing their jobs.

I prefer the honest and probing assessment of the likes of Simon Doull who are not afraid to criticise players irrespective of who they are, are prepared to criticise umpires, are prepared to criticise over-rates and are prepared to have a go at captains over their decision-making etc.

If commentators are there just to agree with everything and just tow the party line, they may as well have robots commentating.

There are people here who don’t want Doull to comment anymore in the PSL because he calls out their favourites

If he is removed, what difference would there between us and Modi media which gags freedom of speech criticising BJP or Modi?

They are polite.

I feel that the Pakistani commentators need to be objective. The problem is that their meal tickets are linked to what they say, thus being as milquetoast as possible is the safe bet.

Doull just tends to say what everybody’s thinking. I feel that helps create healthy debate.

The Pakistani commentators on the other hand, play it safe.

This is slightly disappointing, because Sikander Bakht does more thought provoking commentary when he does the domestics.

I feel once these lot are more established, you’ll see more forthright views.

There are people here who don’t want Doull to comment anymore in the PSL because he calls out their favourites

If he is removed, what difference would there between us and Modi media which gags freedom of speech criticising BJP or Modi?

He has nothing to lose.

He calls it how he sees it and isn't scared to voice his opinions. If PCB don't want him back at the PSL he has plenty of work around the world.

The local commentators though at the PSL are clearly scared to upset anyone for the fear of losing their job.

50 off 40 balls when you’ve being playing in the PP overs is unacceptable.

Yet, the same people that think 50 off 40 balls for an opener is decent are the same ones that blame the middle/lower order for not scoring 30 off 15 balls etc when they have to face spinners, harder to find gaps and when bowlers look to bowl more defensively using variations and bowling wide of the crease.

Those who score 40 ball 50’s are also able to score 60 ball hundreds and often play at strike rates of 150 and more.They provide the team with consistent runs. They win you matches and they win ICC awards.
But then 8 runs innings are loved by fans who hardly understand how the game works

Can we use the same logic for Indian team as well? :inti

Or for the fellow countryman Kane Williamson. He knows he can get away with rubbish suggestions like voluntary retirement here in Pak.
Is that how batsman is supposed to think when batting at 60 ? You cannot play a sport if you think you cannot perform in different situations. That’s psychology.

Back