Soft/hard pressing on Asian bats

aussiejake

Debutant
Runs
Looking to buy a new blade, have narrowed down the options, but there is always doubts in the back of my mind of how the Asian manufacturers press the bats, and how this affects the bats life.

It wouldn't be asking too much to get 3-4 seasons out of a manufacturer like SS or SG's bats, right? I'm a normal local cricket player, training two nights a week and games on Saturdays.

Also, how do AS press bats, because I am currently using an AS V3 which hasn't hat any problems with breakage or cracks.

I guess I'm wondering whether to spend a fair bit more and get a harder pressed bat to last 5-6 years, or the much cheaper prices for Asian bats that will hopefully last a decent time.

Unless u hardly spend time on crease none of todays bat should last 5-6 years. One can get lucky but hard to predict.

All a matter of chance really.

wat bat weight range

Unless u hardly spend time on crease none of todays bat should last 5-6 years. One can get lucky but hard to predict.

All a matter of chance really.

wat bat weight range

Had my current AS for for 3-4 years I believe, which I'm happy with.

Bat weight of around 2.9lb.

Asians bats are more soft pressed so they will generally go good at the start but most will probably not last 2 seasons as they will crack and break (some may only last 1 season).
They are still good bats so it really depends if you want a bat that is ready to play or prefer one that will open up gradually (like Most English makes).
Give it a go - both CA and SS are good recommendations.

you could get something semi-customised and delivered to you for $299

yes to Australia grade 2 EW! reply if interested i can give you the details...

wasn't selling, the brand hasn't even been mentioned nor the company or contact details :)

Back