"Soldiers are martyred on the border, so we should not play cricket with Pakistan" : Gautam Gambhir

MoJoJoJo

Tape Ball Star
Runs
"Soldiers are martyred on the border, so we should not play cricket with Pakistan" : Gautam Gambhir

New Delhi: Asia Cup 2018 has kicked off in style at the United Arab Emirates on Saturday (September 15) with six teams fighting for Asian supremacy, but all eyes will be on India versus Pakistan contest that will be on the fourth afternoon of the tournament.

The two arch rivals of the game will face each other for the first time since Champions Trophy 2017 final. India-Pakistan contest have always garnered the most attention in ICC or Asia Cup tournaments amid no bilateral series since 2008.

And ahead of the high-octane contest, veteran Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir has lashed out at the cricket policy between the two nations. Gambhir reckons that amid degrading relation between the two neighbouring countries there should not be any India-Pakistan matches conducted even in ICC and Asia Cup competitions and if it is played then the government might as well give permission for a bilateral series.

Speaking to WoW Cricket, Gambhir said, "There should be a particular decision for the forthcoming contest between the two nations. It cannnot be that India can contest Pakistan in ICC and Asia Cup tournaments and not face them for a bilateral series. If the government permits India to play against Pakistan in the ICC event then give it for the series and if the series is not happening, then banish Pakistan completely. The answer will either be yes or no completely on cricket between the two countries.

The left-handed cricketer added that soldiers hold a position higher than an enthralling cricket contest between the two nations. Gambhir said, "The soldiers are more important to us, the government should first protect the boundary and then play cricket." He said, "On one side, soldiers are martyred on the border, so we should not play cricket anywhere with Pakistan."

Former Indian skipper Kapil Dev too was present at the show and he agreed upon the words of Gambhir, but also expects newly-elected Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan to improve on the relationship so that a possible bilateral series can start off soon.

https://www.timesnownews.com/asia-c...sri-lanka-leaves-jasprit-bumrah-in-awe/285148

Last edited:
Isn't he a politician now? He should lead a protest against BCCI and get them to "banish" Pakistan even in ICC events.

All I can say that in India maximum people hold the same view as Gambhir that cricket and terrorism cant go hand in hand. I hold a different view though as I think sports should be kept seperate from politics, but I am in minority.

All I can say that in India maximum people hold the same view as Gambhir that cricket and terrorism cant go hand in hand. I hold a different view though as I think sports should be kept seperate from politics, but I am in minority.

Then why do India and Pakistan encounter get so much viewership in India? Pakistan/India matches also seem to get a lot of Indian mainstream media attention.

If majority want to boycott Pakistan then wouldn't it makes sense to not watch the matches, get the viewership down and send a message to BCCI/TV channels?

Is this Gambhir the cricketer or politician? It all makes sense now why he used to give statements like these. :inti

Then why do India and Pakistan encounter get so much viewership in India? Pakistan/India matches also seem to get a lot of Indian mainstream media attention.

If majority want to boycott Pakistan then wouldn't it makes sense to not watch the matches, get the viewership down and send a message to BCCI/TV channels?

Do not ask logical questions which can not be twisted.

Also about CT - it is one meaningless tournament that no Indian cares about. It is only WC they care about, the rest of the games are being watched by aliens in India.

Do not agree with Gambhir here. No need to drag other people into our dispute.

All i will say that Modi Govt and they have to behave what they say and anti-statements are welcomed by BJP govt. Poor lads cant even spk their mind or heart.

It's virulent and absurd statements such as this which have turned the world into a squalid mess. I have no clue what has happened to some good old-fashioned common sense ? Gambhir and all like him are a disgrace.

If he feels so strongly about it, why didn't he sit out games against Pakistan whilst he was a player?

Hypocrisy is strong in this one. Needs to stick to crossdressing and leave the cricket business to the players who wanna represent their country

Bcci already has no relations with PCB.

ICC tournaments are important matches.

its a little odd how Pakistani politics and ex-cricketers generally encourage bi-lateral ties with India both politically and cricketing ties

Indian politics and ex-cricketers generally are the opposite.

its a little odd how Pakistani politics and ex-cricketers generally encourage bi-lateral ties with India both politically and cricketing ties

because it will bring revenue. indians politicians and ex cricketers think above money matters.

The Pakistan vs India group match in CT, apparently got record breaking viewership in India.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...v-viewership-history/articleshow/59168451.cms

I know CT is a major tournament but if the majority felt strongly enough against Pakistan, surely they could have missed just one match.

From the link you posted:

"In terms of viewership, the India-Pakistan match clocked a whopping 47.45 million impressions (total number of viewers at any time during the broadcast of the match) according to BARC India, the television viewership monitoring agency"

"Incidentally, India versus Sri Lanka match also fared well and clocked 34 million impressions"

Considering the fact that June 4 was a sunday and June 8 a working day the difference in viewership in India isnt that huge.
[MENTION=133315]Hitman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45053]cricketindiafan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=141520]troodon[/MENTION]
[MENTION=142162]Napa[/MENTION]
[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]

People like Gambhir are hypocrites. You hate Pakistan but cannot stop speaking about Pakistan, watching your team's match against Pakistan breaking viewership records, and listening to Pakistani musicians.

Because Kashmiri separatism and terrorism is happening in India and for decades.

Because Mumbai attacks happened in India.

"In terms of viewership, the India-Pakistan match clocked a whopping 47.45 million impressions (total number of viewers at any time during the broadcast of the match) according to BARC India, the television viewership monitoring agency"

"Incidentally, India versus Sri Lanka match also fared well and clocked 34 million impressions"

Considering the fact that June 4 was a sunday and June 8 a working day the difference in viewership in India isnt that huge.

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] buddy looks like its even the indians who think you are India's biggest fan.

Gautam didnt have a issue playing against pakistan when he was in the team and now he isnt hes become all self righteous

I think we should separate border skirmishes from cross border terrorism. Can’t classify both to be the same.

Gautam didnt have a issue playing against pakistan when he was in the team and now he isnt hes become all self righteous

Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to contest Delhi elections on BJP ticket.

He has to do something to win. :inti

It should be in time pass section.. by his logic ipl should be banned bcz Mallya owns RCB who steals crores of money from India and leave the country..

Indeed, it's quite revealing though, isn't it?
It's a silent acknowledgement and an admission of Pakistan's guilt in these cross border issues whereas all the accusations leveled at India about interference in Pak affairs , most people will take it with a pinch of salt.

It should be in time pass section.. by his logic ipl should be banned bcz Mallya owns RCB who steals crores of money from India and leave the country..
That will not serve any purpose and will not get as many eyeballs as the word Pakistan gets in a statement.

Then it makes me think that Indians are hypocrites, why? Because as you have said maximum people hold the same view as Ghamvir but these same Indians supported Pakistan against Bangladesh in Kolkata as if India were playing against Bangladesh. I just don't understand these Indians or their views towards Bangladesh or Pakistan. But I am against mixing politics with sports. Love for both nations from a true cricket lover, a Bangladeshi!

The principle is not that we won't play pakistan. The principle is that we will not play pakistan wherever possible. And this principle never bends.

:)))

Quite a convenient and two sided principle although befitting to the indian government.

Mallya didnot own RCB. United Spirits own RCB. United spirits is majorly owned by Diageo.

And terrorism and defaulting on loans is same for you? Isnt it?

I think we should separate border skirmishes from cross border terrorism. Can’t classify both to be the same.

The classification did not suit them for more than 50 years but due to their new found wealth they learnt new meanings such as cross border terrorism, principles. No benefit of reasoning this with logic to be honest.

The classification did not suit them for more than 50 years but due to their new found wealth they learnt new meanings such as cross border terrorism, principles. No benefit of reasoning this with logic to be honest.

Was there a time where Pakistan's GDP was more than India's?

So support by Pakistan to train arm and fund terrorists in India isnt cross border terrorism?

As much as it hurts me as a Cricket fan, I do believe that this is not the right time for India-Pak bilaterals.

As always Gambhir is weeping like a baby!:((:(( Obviously the BCCI are happy to play Pak in such tournaments. If he has a problem than tell the BCCI. As a Pak fan I am not desperate to play India either at all, anywhere.Hey, if your soldiers fire then of course we will retaliate and vice versa. We'll never know who initiates hostilities at the border.

It’s not like Indian soldiers are just standing there at the border, asking Pakistani soldiers to just kill them.

Indian soldiers receive their orders just like Pakistani soldiers do. Even Pakistani soldiers are killed by Indian soldiers.

Gambhir just can’t get over the hate he has made him. People like him are burden to the world. He shouldn’t exist.

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] buddy looks like its even the indians who think you are India's biggest fan.

It is not about being a fan - I am a Pakistani and a very proud one, but I choose not to view things with green-tinted lens all the time. I prefer to be realistic, and I don’t see why some of our fans get upset when some Indian posters suggest that Pakistan-India rivalry has lost its sheen.

We should not be obsessed with India and try to move on like they have. As far as I am concerned, the rivalry is dead for me because there is no cricket between the two teams and Indian cricket has pulled well ahead of Pakistan in the last decade or so.

A principle is a principle. It doesnt bends.

Pakistan is only a terrorist state sometimes.

When 2 shiny points are flashed in front of their eyes, the GOI and the BCCI are willing to throw the prestige of the nation, their morals, and the feelings of the victims and their families in the gutter.

A poor and unwanted statement by Gambhir. There is a difference between patriotism and jingoism, but Gambhir has clearly blurred the lines. About time he removes the chip from his shoulder.

Then it makes me think that Indians are hypocrites, why? Because as you have said maximum people hold the same view as Ghamvir but these same Indians supported Pakistan against Bangladesh in Kolkata as if India were playing against Bangladesh. I just don't understand these Indians or their views towards Bangladesh or Pakistan. But I am against mixing politics with sports. Love for both nations from a true cricket lover, a Bangladeshi!

Supporting Pak over BD was cricketing reason bcoz Bangla fans did some pictures of Dhoni's behead pics and other shameful stuffs. At that time hatred towards Bangla fans were at its peak. Also Kolkata has some significant BD illegal immigrants...so they dont like BD that much. Other places of India and BD will get more support over Pak.

Was there a time where Pakistan's GDP was more than India's?

So support by Pakistan to train arm and fund terrorists in India isnt cross border terrorism?

I dont know about such time and i dont see how its linked with the discussion.

But the fact that after their new found wealth BCCI has learnt new words is an undeniable fact.

And for your second point, read the post below.

It’s not like Indian soldiers are just standing there at the border, asking Pakistani soldiers to just kill them.

Indian soldiers receive their orders just like Pakistani soldiers do. Even Pakistani soldiers are killed by Indian soldiers.

Gambhir just can’t get over the hate he has made him. People like him are burden to the world. He shouldn’t exist.

It is not about being a fan - I am a Pakistani and a very proud one, but I choose not to view things with green-tinted lens all the time. I prefer to be realistic, and I don’t see why some of our fans get upset when some Indian posters suggest that Pakistan-India rivalry has lost its sheen.

We should not be obsessed with India and try to move on like they have. As far as I am concerned, the rivalry is dead for me because there is no cricket between the two teams and Indian cricket has pulled well ahead of Pakistan in the last decade or so.

Your views lose their value when every Pakistan-India clash becomes the most hyped cricketing event of the year.

To refresh your memory, it wasn't the Pakistani side that made big claims and undermined India when the last time we met. It were the likes of Ganguly, Sehwag, Gambhir, Harbhajan, Rishi Kapoor etc. who made claims after claims against Pakistan. It was the Indian media that made videos and hyped the match against Pakistan. It were the indian channels who created videos like Mauka Mauka against Pakistan. It was the Indian crowd that engaged in fist fest against Pakistan after their humiliating loss. It was Indians who broke the record for highest viewership in the CT Final.

Do you see them doing any of these things against any other team? NO.

You call yourself realistic, out of all people you should be aware that its typcial shodi subcontinent mentality to show that you dont care about something to show lack of respect even though deep down you might be burning for that thing.

Indian fans, some of them engage in the same. They want to show they play against the big boys. That they are now in the club of Australia and England. That they have outgrown Pakistan.

However, the reality for them is different.

If anything we have probably outgrown them as our performances against the big boys are much better than theirs. :))

Your views lose their value when every Pakistan-India clash becomes the most hyped cricketing event of the year.

To refresh your memory, it wasn't the Pakistani side that made big claims and undermined India when the last time we met. It were the likes of Ganguly, Sehwag, Gambhir, Harbhajan, Rishi Kapoor etc. who made claims after claims against Pakistan. It was the Indian media that made videos and hyped the match against Pakistan. It were the indian channels who created videos like Mauka Mauka against Pakistan. It was the Indian crowd that engaged in fist fest against Pakistan after their humiliating loss. It was Indians who broke the record for highest viewership in the CT Final.

You call yourself realistic, out of all people you should be aware that its typcial shodi subcontinent mentality to show that you dont care about something to show lack of respect even though deep down you might be burning for that thing.

Indian fans, some of them engage in the same. They want to show they play against the big boys. That they are now in the club of Australia and England. That they have outgrown Pakistan.

If anything we have probably outgrown them as our performances against the big boys are much better than theirs. :))

Blue tinted lens :))) :)))

I understand the point you are trying to make but its irrelevant in this context. The millions that watched the Pakistan match clearly don't feel the need to shun Pakistan cricket So those people would not skip a match just because Pakistan is playing no matter what day. If people were boycotting Pakistan it would show up in ratibns and viewership stats.

Those saying that majority of Indian viewers hate Pakistan so much that they won't watch a match that features them are wrong.

Off topic but i found it funny that you tagged so many posters for "back up" and chose to include Mamoon in a list made up exclusively of Indian posters lol. What are you implying?

[MENTION=146990]El Generico[/MENTION] you might want to read this.

It's this kind of blind jingoism that's the reason behind our conflicts.

This genius rubbishhead is not aware of the fact that casualties occur on both sides. In fact the toll is higher on our side as even Innocents are targeted in the Indian occupied Kashmir.

But this guy only watches TV channels that spread one sided propaganda.

Both sides lose.

Last edited:
Supporting Pak over BD was cricketing reason bcoz Bangla fans did some pictures of Dhoni's behead pics and other shameful stuffs. At that time hatred towards Bangla fans were at its peak. Also Kolkata has some significant BD illegal immigrants...so they dont like BD that much. Other places of India and BD will get more support over Pak.

I thought Gamvir was also talking about cricket because of your soldiers are dying on the border.
Is Kolkata part of India? Is Dhonis behead picture more important to Kolkata people than dead body if your soldiers? Then these kolakata people are not patriot like Gamvir is.
And there 10 lakhs illegal Indians in Bangladesh who are earning millions of dollars from Bangladesh, but still we don't hate Indians for that. Funny how Indians see others. They don't have any common criteria of hating other nations.. They just flip the coin and decide whom to hate today i.e Bangladesh or Pakistan or others...hahaha

Great post. Agree with pretty much all your points. Mamnoon and Indian posters here can claim what they want but the response by the Indian media, TV ratings and even the significant presence of Indian posters on this forum contradicts their point

Anybody who is not hindered by bias can see that India vs Pakistan is still the biggest rivalry for both countries.

Last edited:

Outgrown them? Performances against the big boys are much better?

I don’t see the point of such statements.

They have more trophies, longer stints at the summit of the Test rankings, and their performances against the big boys are comfortably better than Pakistan across all formats except England in Tests.

Against all other teams in all formats, they are way ahead of us and have been for about 15 years now.

India is actually one of the big boys in cricket now and Pakistan has not been a match for more than a decade. They have been ranked in the top three in all formats consistently for a long time, while we have been 6th and 7th consistently, barring a few occasions.

Indian cricket leapfrogged Pakistan cricket in the mid 2000s when the 90’s generation cricketers faded away, and their achievements in the last 15 odd years are far greater.

It is a fact that India is a bigger and more important cricketing nation than Pakistan and there is no point in denying it.

If the shoe was on the other foot, if Pakistan had achieved what India has achieved in the last 15 years, would you be claiming that India has outgrown us?

As far as whether the Indian public takes Pakistan seriously anymore or not, well, I am not in India so I am not in a position to dispute what the Indian posters here say.

I don’t see any problem if they think Pakistan vs India is not a big deal anymore. India is just another team and there is no point in getting agitated and pulling up numbers if they don’t view this rivalry from the same lens as our fans do.

I don’t see any problem if they think Pakistan vs India is not a big deal anymore. India is just another team and there is no point in getting agitated and pulling up numbers if they don’t view this rivalry from the same lens as our fans do.
So if the numbers clearly contradict their point, it shouldn't be pointed out?

The Indian posters can personally feel what they want but most claim to speak for the entire country. So its worth pointing out that their views' don't align with stats or the general mainstream reaction.

Outgrown them? Performances against the big boys are much better?

I don’t see the point of such statements.

They have more trophies, longer stints at the summit of the Test rankings, and their performances against the big boys are comfortably better than Pakistan across all formats except England in Tests.

Against all other teams in all formats, they are way ahead of us and have been for about 15 years now.

India is actually one of the big boys in cricket now and Pakistan has not been a match for more than a decade. They have been ranked in the top three in all formats consistently for a long time, while we have been 6th and 7th consistently, barring a few occasions.

Indian cricket leapfrogged Pakistan cricket in the mid 2000s when the 90’s generation cricketers faded away, and their achievements in the last 15 odd years are far greater.

It is a fact that India is a bigger and more important cricketing nation than Pakistan and there is no point in denying it.

If the shoe was on the other foot, if Pakistan had achieved what India has achieved in the last 15 years, would you be claiming that India has outgrown us?

As far as whether the Indian public takes Pakistan seriously anymore or not, well, I am not in India so I am not in a position to dispute what the Indian posters here say.

You ignored all of my post and focused on the last point which i said in jest.

I would like if you answer that major part of the post

and also:
Which of their achievements (other than an ODI WC) are far greater than Pakistan? Please tell us.

Argument was never about how intense the rivalry is, it was about India not caring when they play Pakistan-even though all the evidence suggested otherwise. I'll be the first to admit we haven't been good in the last few years, and India has been one of the best. But to suggest India treats Pakistan matches without any care or importance is factually incorrect.

The Indian posters can personally feel what they want but most claim to speak for the entire country. So its worth pointing out that their views' don't align with stats or the general mainstream reaction.

Its called posturing and pys ops. Thats what Indian posters engage in all the time. Their behavior on non-indian forums is different from their behavior in indian websites. Talking about not all but most of them here.

When Pakistan's case on BCCI was hot regarding the MOU the whole contingent was engaged in psy ops. It doesnt yeild anything tbh but maybe in their head they are playing as an extension to their government and its bodies.

You will notice similar behavior from chinese as well.

The explanation for the numbers of have been fairly reasonable. Besides, our posters sound agigated and annoyed when some Indian posters do not consider it to be a big rivalry anymore, and that is what I find perplexing.

If someone does not believe in something, why get annoyed? Why fight tooth and nails to change their mind?

Our posters give the impression that they are extremely desperate for this rivalry to remain what it is, as if the sky will fall down if India stops considering Pakistan as its main rival.

Move on, India is just another team.

Argument was never about how intense the rivalry is, it was about India not caring when they play Pakistan-even though all the evidence suggested otherwise. I'll be the first to admit we haven't been good in the last few years, and India has been one of the best. But to suggest India treats Pakistan matches without any care or importance is factually incorrect.

Agree, i would also prefer if [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] responds to my points wrt to the last champions trophy final rather than telling us how India is a better team than us which we are not interested on this thread.

The explanation for the numbers of have been fairly reasonable. Besides, our posters sound agigated and annoyed when some Indian posters do not consider it to be a big rivalry anymore, and that is what I find perplexing.

If someone does not believe in something, why get annoyed? Why fight tooth and nails to change their mind?

Our posters give the impression that they are extremely desperate for this rivalry to remain what it is, as if the sky will fall down if India stops considering Pakistan as its main rival.

Move on, India is just another team.

The posters sound agigated because they smell fake posturing and lying.

When the reality is clear for all to see, it definitely is annoying to see the other speaking something else.

Again, if they don’t believe that the general public cares about Pakistan as much as they used to, what is the point in arguing with them to a point where you sound desperate?

That is what some of our fans have been doing over the last couple of days, you can see foam coming out of their mouths because certain Indian posters are not agreeing with them over the status of this rivalry.

Why are we so desperate for them to change their minds?

Sports and politics should never meet. Should never have any boundaries in sports and entertainment.

Funny thing is. Why do they allow Pakistani singers like Atif to sing songs in bollyood which is heard my thousands and loved by them - isn’t that going against Indian nationalism? Am sure some of the soldiers listen to hindu film songs and Atifs voice being heard into their ears and they enjoy the wonderful voice.

Who are they?

The indian posters on Pakpassion?

Or these people?

You ignored all of my post and focused on the last point which i said in jest.

I would like if you answer that major part of the post

and also:
Which of their achievements (other than an ODI WC) are far greater than Pakistan? Please tell us.

Apart from the World Cup, their performances in bilateral ODIs against the quality teams have been much better. That is why they are consistently ranked in the top three in ODIs while we have been in the lower half of the rankings for almost throughout this decade. In 2015, we were ranked 8th. When was the last time India were ranked that low?

In Tests, their ranking has been much better as well. We have mostly been 5th or 6th, and were number one for a month in 2016. On the contrary, they have spent a long time at the top of the rankings.

This is actually a laughable discussion and akin to arguing that the earth is flat. India have done much, much better than Pakistan in the last 15 years or so.

The much hyped and awaited 2003 World Cup encounter was not only the end of an era for the 90’s cricketers, but it also signaled the shift in balance of powers - both teams went in oppositions directions after that.

Apart from the World Cup, their performances in bilateral ODIs against the quality teams have been much better. That is why they are consistently ranked in the top three in ODIs while we have been in the lower half of the rankings for almost throughout this decade. In 2015, we were ranked 8th. When was the last time India were ranked that low?

In Tests, their ranking has been much better as well. We have mostly been 5th or 6th, and were number one for a month in 2016. On the contrary, they have spent a long time at the top of the rankings.

This is actually a laughable discussion and akin to arguing that the earth is flat. India have done much, much better than Pakistan in the last 15 years or so.

The much hyped and awaited 2003 World Cup encounter was not only the end of an era for the 90’s cricketers, but it also signaled the shift in balance of powers - both teams went in oppositions directions after that.

You have again ignored that major part of the post. I feel that your discussion on which team is better is diverting the topic. So i am refraining from replying.

It's a silent acknowledgement and an admission of Pakistan's guilt in these cross border issues whereas all the accusations leveled at India about interference in Pak affairs , most people will take it with a pinch of salt.

Yes it reveals we have bigger hearts

Who are they?

The indian posters on Pakpassion?

Or these people?

And that third grade actor Raju Shrivastav what he did at the wagah border and he was crying after the match:dw

I don't see how one follows from the other. You are looking at it from the lens of how Indians treat conflicts, rivalries and diplomacy. Most of the world isn't like that. Most Pakistanis appear to agree that India is highly involved in supporting terrorism in Pakistan, but can separate sports from politics.

Last edited:
Personally believe that sports should be separate from politics.

But it takes a great amount of courage to follow and hence why lots of people agree that India should not play Pakistan.

Maturity comes with time.

But sadly it usually comes on deathbed for most.

Poor and insensible comments form Gambhir. Never liked him as a cricketer. He always looks so grumpy on the field. So, it's not surprising that he has said something like this

Feel it could work the other way round, play a series, which has every chance of being well contested/spirited - and let it be an example of what’s possible.

It’s a travesty that we haven’t seen a test series, somewhere/somehow. Three tests in India? So be it. Would love to see our quicks in whites, tearing in to bowl.

i think boycotting india is an excellent idea. what better way to internationalize the kashmir issue by simply refusing to play india in multilateral tournaments, especially the upcoming world cup. we should show solidarity with kashmir by boycotting india.

Again, if they don’t believe that the general public cares about Pakistan as much as they used to, what is the point in arguing with them to a point where you sound desperate?

That is what some of our fans have been doing over the last couple of days, you can see foam coming out of their mouths because certain Indian posters are not agreeing with them over the status of this rivalry.

Why are we so desperate for them to change their minds?

You are right you can't make people understand who don't want to understand.

It may have come across as desperation but only because it is rather surprising how people are willing to disregard facts, obvious things, and common sense because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Pakistan is only a terrorist state sometimes.

When 2 shiny points are flashed in front of their eyes, the GOI and the BCCI are willing to throw the prestige of the nation, their morals, and the feelings of the victims and their families in the gutter.

Pakistan is not important enough for India to give up on league points in a multi-national tournament.

Just like how Pakistan is not important enough for India to bother playing bilaterals with Pakistan. As you can see, BCCI is doing fine without playing Pakistan while PCB is begging BCCI for money.

And you know what they say - beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:
First learn the difference between begging and demanding something that you were promised. There was an agreement, so it is the BCCI who are in the wrong. I respect PCB for standing up for themselves against the wrongdoers.

First learn the difference between begging and demanding something that you were promised. There was an agreement, so it is the BCCI who are in the wrong. I respect PCB for standing up for themselves against the wrongdoers.

Its an MOU it's not a contract. BCCI doesn't owe PCB anything. If they did, PCB could have done something about it. The fact that they have failed to do so proves that they were simply begging for money.

Back