South Africa v England | 2nd ODI | Centurion | 22/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Africa 1 Graeme Smith, 2 Hashim Amla, 3 AB de Villiers, 4 JP Duminy, 5 Alviro Petersen, 6 Albie Morkel, 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Ryan McLaren, 9 Roelof van der Merwe, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Charl Langeveldt

England 1 Andrew Strauss, 2 Jonathan Trott, 3 Kevin Pietersen, 4 Paul Collingwood, 5 Eoin Morgan, 6 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Luke Wright, 9 Tim Bresnan, 9 Adil Rashid, 10 Sajid Mahmood, 11 James Anderson

Bresnan to Smith, OUT, there's the breakthrough, good line outside off, Smith pushes with a half-open face and sends a comfortable edge to first slip...he was trying to steer that to third man

GC Smith c Strauss b Bresnan 12 (21b 2x4 0x6) SR: 57.14

Anderson to de Villiers, OUT, that's a Collingwood special...he marks becoming England's most capped ODI player by pulling off a blinder at backward point as de Villiers cuts in the air. It came out of the middle, but Collingwood dived to his left and got both hands to the catch...that's a wicket for the field

AB de Villiers c Collingwood b Anderson 2 (10b 0x4 0x6) SR: 20.00

Wonderful start by Eng but SA just has a habit of getting themselves in trouble for nothing

England really doing well right now. The big wicket now will be Jean Paul Duminy. Mahmood into the attack and gives 4 runs to Duminy, twice!

Had it been Pak batting in this situation , I would have predicted a total of not above then 200 . SA still give that Aura that they can cross 300 .

Amla has an ODI average of 49 and still he is not a tregular in the side.

May be most of his games are against Zimbabwe thats why

Luke Wright strikes, Duminy gone at 111.

The nelson strikes.

111/3.

Afridi_Fan said:

And also that because there wasn't any space for him , Gibbs/Smith/Kallis . With openers like these who needs Amla ;/ .

Sa Titanic seems to be sinking at the moment . Only Morkel the lifeboat can get them home from here .

Last edited:
Afridi_Fan said:

No most of his games are against australia

Rubbish Morkel out again with the slog sweep shot. How long are the Proteas going to persist with this incomptent nicompoop

Afridi_Fan said:

Huh, he's played ONE odi against Zimbabwe.

Wassixpakistani said:
Had it been Pak batting in this situation , I would have predicted a total of not above then 200 . SA still give that Aura that they can cross 300 .
Thats quite a stupid thing to say, considering Pakistan are pretty much the kings of wrestling themselves out of the mire and coming back to win from the most unlikely of positions.

But then again, continue on with the inferiority complex.

Proteas 250. I think thats about 100 short on a 350+ wicket.

England should win this with ease

Khalil said:

Competitve score considering the position they were in.

Khalil said:

if amla too had to flop today it would have been very embarassing for our saffers...but i am looking forward to KP's and Trottys performance 2day

cricket_fever said:
if amla too had to flop today it would have been very embarassing for our saffers...but i am looking forward to KP's and Trottys performance 2day

I feel so for Amla. They are going to drop him the moment Kallis is fit again. He seems to be the yoyo player in the Protea squad.

Lethal said:
Competitve score considering the position they were in.

Proteas have only two good bowlers in Steyn and Langerveldt. I cannot see the Proteas winning

England should disappointed with themselves to an extent that they could have bowled SA out for under 200 or around about that total. SA have the firepower in their bowling line up and it's a decent total for them let's see what happens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back