South Africa vs Australia | 3rd Test | Cape Town | 03/03/14 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsupdoc

Test Star
Runs
So Australia is leading by 302 runs. Looks like it's going to be an easy victory for Aus.

Poor Smith, going to retire in an empty stadium to a heavy loss to a series defeat and with a side in decline.

It would be Interesting to see when Clarke declares.

That might be before lunch, the way Warner is going :afridi. He just smashed Steyn out of the attack, taking 17 from the over :nehra.

77 not out from 57.

Warner has improved so much , never though he would do this well in test matches. Averaging @ 46 currently .

Warner, meanwhile, is on his way to becoming the first man since Kallis to score two centuries in a Test in South Africa

Warner could be set for dual hundreds here. I wonder how many Clarke will think is enough before declaring? There is still so much time left in this game to gain a result, S.A would have to dig deep to save this match now.

Good start. I think Warner now has the record for most runs by an Australian opener in a series against South Africa

Doolan is not a better choice than Hughes

Aus should have sent some one else at 3 in current situation. Quick 40-50 runs by some one would have helped a lot.

Last edited:
Good start. I think Warner now has the record for most runs by an Australian opener in a series against South Africa

Thats some feat considering how good S.A new ball bowlers have been down the years.

It might be an issue of time- there are still 160 overs left in this match, and chasing 450 would be more feasible if you're only required to score at less than 3 rpo.

Very strange tactics from Aussies since 1st wicket fell, warner has gone into his shell.

Aussies still in control, but will they be more aggresive after lunch?

Very strange tactics from Aussies since 1st wicket fell, warner has gone into his shell.

Aussies still in control, but will they be more aggresive after lunch?

Boof looked very unhappy

SA commies are so arrogant. No matter how good their team is, it isn't easy to have those 4th innings miracles every time. They're making it sound so simple.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Aus 242/2

Watson and Warner smashing it to all parts.

2nd hundred of the game for warner looks like Aussies will declare soon and S.A will have to bat well to save match

Aus lead is 486 now.. maybe dec 500 ahead?

Why Vern has bowled so little? I didn't see any injury report for him.

Every single fielder is on boundary. I haven't seen that any time in test match.

Poor stuff from SA, they have given up and conceded that the Australian batmen are too good. Bowling wide of the stumps so the batsmen cant hit the ball and all the fielders on the boundary is not what a quality team would do.

510 runs. It was a torture to see SA bowl here. 120-130 runs in the last 15 overs. Aus has dominated every single session in this match. Now SA has to counter it otherwise match is gone.

510 to win, Looks more like 142 overs to survive here for S.A would be an epic effort if they see this out for a draw.

Smiths last test inns coming up.

And Smith's last inning sis over

2/12 from 3 overs

S.A looking down the barrel already the Aussies have been relentless in this game.

Another failure for Smith in his last inns.

12/2 and looking at a real pasting here.

What an absolute pasting this is going to be, seriously what's happened with Australia in the last six months? Some of the most aggressive and unapologetic cricket that I've seen from anyone since the early Noughties (and that was from one of their own previous teams!)

What an absolute pasting this is going to be, seriously what's happened with Australia in the last six months? Some of the most aggressive and unapologetic cricket that I've seen from anyone since the early Noughties (and that was from one of their own previous teams!)

Team got some much needed mongrel injected, Warner and Smith progressed as players and DK sorted out Johnson.

Cricket fans in Australia responded overwhelming in favour of Clarke's comments to Anderson because they saw that it was the sign that the team had the right attitude.

Funnily enough after been very unpopular with the Australian public for years despite trying to be those comments made Clarke a hero overnight.

Game could be over at this rate, S.A reign as top side in world come be coming to end over next year or so.

This is demolition of the unkindest kind. No team would like to face Australia under these conditions now. South Africa, I think are feeling the pinch of losing Kallis. Loosing a 57 average batsman is no funny affair.

S.A will need to find two openers, An all-rounder to replace kallis, also looks like quite a few middle order spots are up for grabs in team as well.

Never has tuk tuk been this enthralling. These two really hanging on. Plan would be to get to stumps without losing another wicket and then bat normally tomorrow, speeding up or slowing down in the last session as is needed.

I am going to stop watching this game now. Every freaking session has been one sided by a huge margin.

Faf and AB needs to do a Adelaid here. That's the only hope. It will help a lot if nightwatchman can hang in for some time.

With Amla's departure, I don't see SA drawing this one without rain.

So it's faf and ab again looking to bat the day on a flat pitch.

Guess the difference this time is the form of johnson and we have 5 bowlers instead of the 3 were down to in adelaide, well hopefully it's the difference this time.

So it's faf and ab again looking to bat the day on a flat pitch.

Guess the difference this time is the form of johnson and we have 5 bowlers instead of the 3 were down to in adelaide, well hopefully it's the difference this time.

Yaah, 5 bowlers will make a huge difference. With 5 bowlers, you just need one inspired spell and it's lot easier to produce because all of them can go all in.

If the ball reverses in the first 90 minutes might make a big difference as well, we didn't get much going at adelaide but if we can pick up a couple in the first session before the new ball that could be the key.

SA were still 4 down when we got the new ball in that other game, i think if they are 6 down this time we can get the job done.

If the ball reverses in the first 90 minutes might make a big difference as well, we didn't get much going at adelaide but if we can pick up a couple in the first session before the new ball that could be the key.

SA were still 4 down when we got the new ball in that other game, i think if they are 6 down this time we can get the job done.

That will kill the game for all practical purposes. Couple means , you got either AB or Faf.

If SA manages to save this game by 2-3 wickets then putting Doolan at 3 will look like a huge mistake. That dude wasted one hour in my opinion. I was hoping for him to bat even longer.

Last edited:
Never seen RSA such confused and mentally tortured before! Lol they r here n there!

Last edited:
Should be a great last day, any other team in this spot and i would feel we are all but home but faf ab and even duminy have all played series turning knocks againt us in the past.

16 runs of 100 balls from devillies. so it means abd just denied playing shots. i have never imagined such a innings from him.

Don't think that there will be any heroics this time. The top order folded meekly as usual. I'll run naked through Hillbrow if Australia doesn't win from here.

I'll run naked through Hillbrow if Australia doesn't win from here.

Bet taken because it's one sided ;)

16 runs of 100 balls from devillies. so it means abd just denied playing shots. i have never imagined such a innings from him.

He has done it earlier.

i think morning session would decide which way the match would be heading towards

With 5 bowlers, Aus can wrap it up even if SA loses no wicket in the first session. Yes, the first session is very important if SA wants to save this game but it won't necessarily kill the chance for Aus. One brutal spell from Johnson and it will be over. I have hopes from AB and Faf to play out time but not sure about any one else.

Last edited:

You must have missed adelaide, 33 runs of 220 balls for ab.

It it somewhat of a forgotten innings due to faf's ton but without ab the faf innings would have been in vain.

You must have missed adelaide, 33 runs of 220 balls for ab.

It it somewhat of a forgotten innings due to faf's ton but without ab the faf innings would have been in vain.

yes i definitely missed that.rarely anyone discuss about that. but abd always gives me a impression of aggressive batsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back