South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | Cape Town | 24-11-2013 | South Africa Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalhaSyed

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Anwar Ali & Bilawal Bhatti have managed to push Pakistan up to a respectful totoal!

The two had a fearless approach at the crease and it paid off as they managed to lift the Pakistani side to a respectable totoal.

South Africa need 219 to win in 50 overs.

Will it be enough?

218 is enough IMO

But Pakistan must bowl and field well. The opposition have some quality batsman

Mazher Arshad gives this foreboding statistic for Pakistan: Three times Pakistan have batted first in ODIs at Cape Town before and the scores were: 43 all out, 114 all out, 107 all out.

Shows that this is a fantastic score!

I would think it's not enough, unfortunately.
de Kock and Amla are bad enough. But there's Smith and Kallis to contend with too.

I would think it's not enough, unfortunately.
de Kock and Amla are bad enough. But there's Smith and Kallis to contend with too.

And de Villiers.

Miller's no mug with the bat either.

Put Duminy in the picture and they have a useful team.

It's given us a chance.

Let's hope that partnership gives us the psychological edge going into the start of the next innings.

SA still favourites.

It's a slow wicket, 250 would have been a good score. They don't have to take too many risks chasing this score.

It will all be down to getting early wickets.

I don't see South Africa winning this, the bowling that Pakistan has and i have a feeling Anwar will trouble Smith

We tend to win when defending these kinds of tricky totals. Saffers will be overconfident. A few tight spells and wickets in the middle from Afridi and Ajmal and the pressure will be on.

Hoping Anwar bowls well or else we will be stuck with Razzaq and Tanvir

if we can get 2-3 wickets in the first 10 overs and keep their rr to around 3 then the pressure will be on South Africa. I still think SA are too good a side to lose though

Can't ask for more than 100% from them, if they do that than no one should be disappointed.

SA have a strong front 6.

They also have a long tail of 5 batsman.

The tail is Miller, Steyn, Morkel, Philander and Tahir.

A couple of quick wickets and we are well in this game.

Junaid bowling to Smith as the SA innings gets underway

Not enough score on the board. Atleast it is something to fight for but under 250 par score days are over.

Look at the batting line up. Smith, kock, amla, abcd, dumney. Too many class players. 219 is not enough. But pakistan wont feel too bad if they lose this match, the first innings was paisa wasool for fans.

Just checked SA' batting

Amla
Kockwala
Smith
ABCD
Duminy
Miller

now thats a batting lineup which is as strong, if not stronger than that of India well atleast in these conditions

Faeez: "Strange new tactics by Pakistan sending the tail early and the actual batsmen at no.8 and no.9."

:))) :)))

First 10 over is vital

The pitch gets flat as the day progresses. Amla and Smith needs to be dismissed Asap

How many times Amla has been bowled in recent history :facepalm

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | Cape Town | 24-11-2013 | South Africa Inning

Get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back