Afghanistan vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | Hambantota | 22 August, 2023 | Pakistan Innings

Pak 3 down and Rashid yet to bowl

He already has Babar in his pocket even on Babar’s good days

Now he will be bowling to Chacha, Shadab, Mir

Playing against Afghanistan like this and we are hoping to win World Cup in India:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yep. You don't average 59 in ODIs by being a bad player of spin.

Babar's overall record against spin is excellent but he does struggle to pick the googly from wrist-spinners. His footwork isn't always as decisive as it should be. Imam's had a good gameplan so far by playing them largely off the backfoot.

Anyway the one thing I didn't miss about PP is the wrist slitting on the match threads. Please folks try to understand we can't be 350-1 every game. The other team is not here to drink tea.
Babar is great against pace which overcomes what he does against spin.

But is game against spin is a bit of joke considering how he was getting out to jayasuriya.

While I don't really mind babar getting out to spinners as long as he dominates pacer, but to claim him to be the best or better than kohli and than see him throw it to spinners doesn't sit right.

Babar is great against pace which overcomes what he does against spin.

But is game against spin is a bit of joke considering how he was getting out to jayasuriya.

While I don't really mind babar getting out to spinners as long as he dominates pacer, but to claim him to be the best or better than kohli and than see him throw it to spinners doesn't sit right.
Do you know that Kohli tends to get out from spinners more often than Babar? or are you also going to say that stats lie? :D

@heddie19 I would like to be logged on and comment at the same time but I can’t as I am using my phone to watch the match via live stream

Very sorry for Babar being useless against Afghanistan as usual

Pakistan were played 8 odi vs 2nd string team of NZ on the flat wickets so stats is misleading to judge any players

InshaAllah better sense will prevail

You need a proper batter of spin

My 3,4,5 would be:

Babar
Saud
Kamran

Don’t give 2 hoots about strike rate
Naa not Karman. The guy failed in recent a series. He couldn't pace his innings and after getting 40 or 50 he would get out. If you score 50s in list a games than in international you will only get 30. This is something I saw in asad shafiq. He also struggled to play big innings and never lived up to his potential.

Kamran ghulam isn't any good.

Naa not Karman. The guy failed in recent a series. He couldn't pace his innings and after getting 40 or 50 he would get out. If you score 50s in list a games than in international you will only get 30. This is something I saw in asad shafiq. He also struggled to play big innings and never lived up to his potential.

Kamran ghulam isn't any good.
Trust the guy man

FC average of 45+

Believe in him

Since 2003 (when I started watching cricket seriously)

This has to be the weakest middle order I have seen from Pakistan and probably the weakest by any team that has won the World Cup before

@heddie19 I would like to be logged on and comment at the same time but I can’t as I am using my phone to watch the match via live stream

Very sorry for Babar being useless against Afghanistan as usual
Thats cause Afghanistan has got great spinners in Rashid and mujeeb.

And its not surprising that he was getting out to mujeeb considering he made jayasuriya look atg.

But its a non issue cause babars impact on pacers is far greater.. wouldn't read much into it

Trust the guy man

FC average of 45+

Believe in him
Bro, we saw him play in A series. You saw him what he did against Zimbabwe. The guy isn't as good. If he is that he needs to perform in A series

Do you know that Kohli tends to get out from spinners more often than Babar? or are you also going to say that stats lie? :D
I wonder where were these stats when babar was getting slaughtered by jayasuria in the test series when Saud,shafiq and agha were all smashing him all over.

nearly a catch for Mujeeb.. The Chennai pitch will be similar to this one so we have good game at our hands in WC.

You seem to not understand. I can't ask you to get your head out of Babar so maybe plz stop picking up useless arguments

Pakistan’s best win in the 2011 World Cup was when Younis Khan and Misbah Ul Haq dealt with the Sri Lankan spinners with absolute class.

Two usually slow players but they knew how to milk, boss spin

You seem to not understand. I can't ask you to get your head out of Babar so maybe plz stop picking up useless arguments
Not picking up arguments just stating that what you seem to be true, stats say otherwise.

Bro, we saw him play in A series. You saw him what he did against Zimbabwe. The guy isn't as good. If he is that he needs to perform in A series
It’s two different settings, playing for the main side requires a serious step up in intensity

Yes he should have shown more intensity but I don’t doubt the guy will take the responsibility if given to him

Only 10 overs has been bowled by Afghanis and they are given 6 wides already

ODIs need more pitches like this not 350 road wickets with teams resting their frontline bowlers they give false perceptions to a batsmens ability where even Shai Hope who averages 25 in tests can average 50 in ODIs.

Wow salman 5 of 23 balls.....i know we are consolodating but i can see plenty of singles to be taken

These pitches also expose a batsman like Imam who’s currently striking at 60 and struggling to rotate strike and find the boundary.

Nothing Wrong with slow down,Pakistan just need a partnership here .240 is very good score on this deck

Nothing Wrong with slow down,Pakistan just need a partnership here .240 is very good score on this deck
This will have to be the case during the World Cup too

Imam is a key player for Pakistan. He has to bat through

On this Pitch if Pakistan bat for 50 overs they will get enough runs for their bowlers to defend against Afghanistan batting line up.
May be in trouble against better teams though.

It’s one thing to consolidate but since the last wicket fell 21 runs have been scored in 8 overs that’s not even 3 an over its not a test match.

And Rashid just need a ball to dismiss Agha .he is not good enough player to play for Pakistan in world cup.

Hun Araam eh?

Agha not picking the googly

Oh boy this is going to be a long 3-4 months for Pakistan fans

Still can't believe best player of spin in Pak Saud isn't picked to counter Afghan spin thread

Afghanistan spinners dominating our so called best top 4 in history.... yes because others didn’t play on road wickets against weak bowling.

I know conditions are tough but Agha's innings was a torture. Struggled to get the ball off the square.

No its not mandatory.

You live in England yet support Pakistan even if there is a game between both.

I love Afghan cricket. And want them to do well. For me if Pakistan losses a few series against the afghans its not the end of the world for me.

I want the Afghans to become a top 5 team.
Thn say, Afghan cricket only got better after pcb hired Misbah

Chachaa is here. Time to back Pakistan again only for chacha

very sad times. I seriously think UAE will give us a game in Asia cup if they are in it do not see us competing with any other team. Bowlers cant keep saving us all the time. Batting unit need to score

Let's see if we can bat fully 50 overs from here. Pathetic effort so far

Against any other team Pakistan would be in big trouble.

But Afghanistan do not have the batting to score more than 150 on this pitch.

Back