Spoiler alert! India will lose the Test series 2024-2025 against Australia despite their current formidable form

Will India lose the Test series 2024-2025 against Australia despite their current formidable form?

• Yes, they will

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • No, they won't

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • It would be a draw

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Indian Test side is just so dominant at home even in recent away Test tours, they had been a formidable and tough side to defeat. Also another amazing achievement by Indian team has been their feat of winning a series against Australia in Australia.

But bearing in mind the resurgence of Aussie dominance of old, I believe they will defeat the team India comfortably in a bilateral Test series in Australia, no matter how good the squad of India may be then.

So do you agree with above proposition or not? Share your thoughts below.

Will be close, sitting on the fence with 2-2. We'll retain BGT.

Our batting looks much better on paper than it did in the WTC with Iyer/Rahane and Bharat hopefully gone. Seam attack needs a bit of work. It depends how good Shami is post comeback ( if he does return in the first place)

Should be an interesting series. Australia is pretty outstanding in home conditions but certainly not unbeatable unless the team playing them is Pakistan. I think West Indies showed that there are some real cracks in their side: Smith as opener...Green at 4...Mitchell Marsh, who the entire of Australia is convinced is somehow their answer to Ben Stokes eventhough he is a thoroughly mediocre test cricketer. If you can avoid being dominated by their pace attack, I don't see how you can't win a series against them. And India have already won a test against them with their C team.

That said, it definitely won't be an easy series for India's young batters. Their side is in a rebuilding phase and your first tour to Australia is never easy if you're a subcontinental batter. There's also a pretty good chance that Australia will dish out some spicy tracks like they did this summer.

Personally, I'd give the edge to Australia.

5 Test series away is a tough proposition. Not sure about winning it.

However , recently an attack full of trundling nobodies like Mir Hamza did give them a scare in a Test or two , so I'm pretty sure we will be competitive and certainly not comprehensively whitewashed.

5 Test series away is a tough proposition. Not sure about winning it.

However , recently an attack full of trundling nobodies like Mir Hamza did give them a scare in a Test or two , so I'm pretty sure we will be competitive and certainly not comprehensively whitewashed.
Solid point, 2 mediocre teams managed to strech the aussies and coupled with our good record in aus, there's almost no chance of a whitewash.

2-2 or 2-3

Current Australian team is being carried by its top class bowling attack. The state of most test teams is such that Aussies batting line up is not exposed thar often.

India has a good enough attack to exposes Aussies batting. Smith and labu are past their peak, rest of batting compared to previous Aussie teams is nothing to write home about

If like the last 2 series India put runs on board and push pressure back on Aussies then I can see Aussies crumbling under pressure again.

India in transition stage. They introduced so many debutants. So we fans are realistic. India has nothing left to achieve there.

Australian demolisher Pant is missing. ANy time they competed against with Pant and Ashwin they rarely win.

India in transition stage. They introduced so many debutants. So we fans are realistic. India has nothing left to achieve there.
Being a top team you would never want to lose, I think it will be a very competitive series, may be 2-2 or 3-2 to Australia.
Australian batting is struggling of late.

Transition stage or not, there is still enough experience in squad to do well. Main thing will be balance of side. If kohli returns that helps.

Also the younger Indian players that do play need to be fearless like jaiswal, sarfraz, jurel etc.. any players who are timid like padikal etc.. will just get exposed.

India will know from past experiences how many inexperienced players they cab select in an 12 for such a tour.

Australian demolisher Pant is missing. ANy time they competed against with Pant and Ashwin they rarely win.

You are making it sound like Pant has been facing Australia for 20-30 years.

It is unlikely Pant can repeat that performance over and over in Australia.

This side should have a decent chance there.

1. Rohit
2. Yashasvi
3. Gill
4. Kohli
5. KL Rahul
6. Pant/Sarfaraz
7. Jadeja/Ash
8. Shardul
9. Shami
10. Bumrah
11. Siraj

Depends on Shami's availability and Bumrah's fitness. We don't have coach Bharat Arun this time, that's a big minus. Rohit also isn't as good a captain as Kohli and Rahane, he doesn't know how to handle quicks.

Tactically we won't be as good as previous tours but our batting should do better. Kuldeep excites me the most because how rare it is to see a big turning wrist spinner who is that accurate.

All things considered I give a slight edge to Australia because of their fast bowlers and uncertainty over Pant, but should be a close series.

Depends on Shami's availability and Bumrah's fitness. We don't have coach Bharat Arun this time, that's a big minus. Rohit also isn't as good a captain as Kohli and Rahane, he doesn't know how to handle quicks.

Tactically we won't be as good as previous tours but our batting should do better. Kuldeep excites me the most because how rare it is to see a big turning wrist spinner who is that accurate.

All things considered I give a slight edge to Australia because of their fast bowlers and uncertainty over Pant, but should be a close series.
Rohit's captaincy is a big minus. He allows the game to drift too many times. Bowlers saved him. Rahane's captaincy was top notch in the 3 tests with under-strength sides.

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
Pant
Jurel
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Shami
Akashdeep

Rest of the squad: KL, Sarfaraz, Washington, Ashwin, Siraj, couple of other in form fast bowlers from domestic

For games at WACA, Gabba and D/N, we can replace Jadeja with an extra batsman in KL or Sarfaraz. Jaiswal will be the 5th bowler.

CA is taking no chance this time. Opening test in WACA, second test in Gabba, third is D/N in Adelaide before we move to MCG and SCG. They want to land finishing blows before Boxing Day test.

CA is taking no chance this time. Opening test in WACA, second test in Gabba, third is D/N in Adelaide before we move to MCG and SCG. They want to land finishing blows before Boxing Day test.

Seems like it.

Can't blame them. They lost 2 previous home series. They need to win this one.

I would be surprised if it is not 4-1 or 5-0 by the end of series.

Seems like it.

Can't blame them. They lost 2 previous home series. They need to win this one.

I would be surprised if it is not 4-1 or 5-0 by the end of series.
I don't think it will be 4-1, definitely not 5-0. Don't see them beating this Indian team in MCG and SCG. If West Indies can win one test there, I am sure India too can. Best case scenario for them will be 3-1.

Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon are at an age where performances can suddenly go south, or worse injury. There is a risk with carrying so many bowlers aged 35-36, even Boland is 34 now. I am sure Australia will induct some fresh blood for this long series.

I don't think it will be 4-1, definitely not 5-0. Don't see them beating this Indian team in MCG and SCG. If West Indies can win one test there, I am sure India too can. Best case scenario for them will be 3-1.
Things are much different now. But one thing for sure it would be India vs Australia WTC Final in 2025.

Aus should win it given how hard it is to win in Aus and also test match venue sequene for this tour. Also, bating is untested in Aus conditions.

3 consecutive times losing home series against the same opposition will be ridiculous. I thought second time was too much itself.

Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon are at an age where performances can suddenly go south. There is a risk with carrying so many bowlers aged 35-36, even Boland is 34 now. I am sure Australia will induct some fresh blood for this long series.

Indian batsmen just love Australian pitches. Even guys like Agarwal on boxing day test made debut made a couple of 50s. Gill will definitely enjoy the most. He destroyed Mitch Starc last time at the Gabba.

Aus should win it given how hard it is to win in Aus and also test match venue sequene for this tour. Also, bating is untested in Aus conditions.

3 consecutive times losing home series against the same opposition will be ridiculous. I thought second time was too much itself.
yup. I very much doubt India can do three-peat.

Indian batsmen just love Australian pitches. Even guys like Agarwal on boxing day test made debut made a couple of 50s. Gill will definitely enjoy the most. He destroyed Mitch Starc last time at the Gabba.
Everything is good but with retards like Dravid and Mbhambre at the helm, a negative, clueless, lazy captain like Rohit things will be much different.

Last time Shastri and Arun were so good, and Rahane made all correct tactical choices. Purely judged on captaincy what Rahane did that tour with limited resources is one of the most impressive feats I have seen. Rohit is the opposite of Rahane, you think he will bring Ashwin on 8th over of the test on a green top because of some moist patches? Rahane did that and reduced Australia 4 down before lunch the next test after 36 all out, you need to be brave and decisive in Australia.

Mental edge has also shifted in favor of Australia because of the WTC and WC finals. If you show psychological vulnerability against Aussies they will eat you alive. They are unlike any other cricket team in the mental department.

Everything is good but with retards like Dravid and Mbhambre at the helm, a negative, clueless, lazy captain like Rohit things will be much different.

Last time Shastri and Arun were so good, and Rahane made all correct tactical choices. Purely judged on captaincy what Rahane did that tour with limited resources is one of the most impressive feats I have seen. Rohit is the opposite of Rahane, you think he will bring Ashwin on 8th over of the test on a green top because of some moist patches? Rahane did that and reduced Australia 4 down before lunch the next test after 36 all out, you need to be brave and decisive in Australia.
True. World cup final was example. A team like Australia with Smith/Labu in the middle order should have been thrashed by India. Instead they surrendered meekly under Rohit.

If India wins, it will be a massive achievement winning three back to back away tours to Australia.

If India loses, it is fine. Australia are dominant at home and are searching for a series win vs India from 10 years so pressure is on them to win a series vs India, having lost last four test series vs India.

That's how I see it.

I think as of now, Australia obviously with an advantage but things may change as we get close to the end of the year.

Rohit's captaincy is a big minus. He allows the game to drift too many times. Bowlers saved him. Rahane's captaincy was top notch in the 3 tests with under-strength sides.
Problem is even team management is quite slow to react and they won't interfere to let him know.it makes more cringeworthy to watch.Prime example is hyd eng second innings and no close field for jimmy in vizag ,when eng have to score 120 odd runs to win and with only one wicket.

Australia are the only team that can stop India from winning at home but having seen their batting during their home series against Pakistan, I highly doubt it.

With no Rishabh Pant, I would say Aus would win this series...

Would be good to see Aus win, one side keeps winning over and over is a little boring for me..

That would be excellent if Pant can replace Rahul for good.
Pant is looking completely out of shape to keep for another 8,9 months .so logically indian team will ask him to bat in aus and they will have to ask kl to keep for 5 test matches ,which is not possible due to his fitness issues. By that time dravid will be out and definitely kl won't get preference over Pant for xyz reasons

That was 4-5 years ago. Back then, Australia were low in confidence.

They are more well-gelled now under Cummins.
2021 was a full strength Australian team against India C team. Why would that Australian team be low on confidence?

I think with the induction of Jaiswal, Jurel, Sarfaraz we should be covered on the batting front. However what worries me is the pace bowling- Shami is aging and Siraj is extremely inconsistent. I would love to see more of Akashdeep going into this marquee series. Irrespective of result, this should be a great series.

I agree. Rohit has the same problem that Dhoni had - he does not have an attacking mentality in Tests. He prefers batsmen committing mistakes on their own and let the game drift rather than strategising attack. That is because he has never really played Tests. Rahane & Kohli both were seasoned Test players & had a great grasp over the game play.

I think with the induction of Jaiswal, Jurel, Sarfaraz we should be covered on the batting front. However what worries me is the pace bowling- Shami is aging and Siraj is extremely inconsistent. I would love to see more of Akashdeep going into this marquee series. Irrespective of result, this should be a great series.
I think bumrah should be rested for bng,nz matches.Akashdeep should be playing along with siraj/new bee who can bowl quicker (not prasid)

I think bumrah should be rested for bng,nz matches.Akashdeep should be playing along with siraj/new bee who can bowl quicker (not prasid)
Bumrah should never be playing against a pointless team like Bangladesh, rest him at all cost here. However is def need for NZ...

Indian Test side is just so dominant at home even in recent away Test tours, they had been a formidable and tough side to defeat. Also another amazing achievement by Indian team has been their feat of winning a series against Australia in Australia.

But bearing in mind the resurgence of Aussie dominance of old, I believe they will defeat the team India comfortably in a bilateral Test series in Australia, no matter how good the squad of India may be then.

Jeez luis. insecure much?

If it so happens that india cannot win thee seris in a row in Aus, no shame in that.

Want to to pull Pak's recent test record at home?

Jeez luis. insecure much?

If it so happens that india cannot win thee seris in a row in Aus, no shame in that.

Want to to pull Pak's recent test record at home?

Do you want people to praise India 24/7?

Looks like you lot can't even tolerate an opposing opinion. You want everyone to praise India at even a non-Indian site. Entitlement much?

Tough to win 3 consecutive test series in Aus. Ind hv already won 2 series back to back down under. Law of averages would catch up. Also, age is catching up with Indian pacers. Shami is 35 and is getting injury prone. The only team which has won 3 consective test series down under is SA (If I am not wrong).

Bumrah should never be playing against a pointless team like Bangladesh, rest him at all cost here. However is def need for NZ...
I see 3 points here.first is we won the last series against nz with out rohit, kohli,bumrah etc and we had out of form purane.Second we are back to good pitches concept as batting is firing again. We don't need bumrah on good home pitches unless it's a top contender.Third ,we need him fully fit and firing in all 5 matches in immediately following aus tour

2021 was a full strength Australian team against India C team. Why would that Australian team be low on confidence?
This is first time I have heard it. A team was low on confidence after,

1) Dismissing opposition team on 36;

2) Talisman of opposition team, it's captain abandoning the ship;

3) Shami too going out of tour due to his arm being broken.

Lol, people just don't learn.

India definitely win atleast 2 test match so don't know how we are going to lost the series . We are good enough to win another series in Australia.

They had Tim Paine as the captain. He was a poor leader. India took advantage of his poor leadership and ended up winning.

Under Cummins, Aussies seem more focused and capable. Cummins has brought old glory back to Australia (3 ICC trophies).

That was 4-5 years ago. Back then, Australia were low in confidence.

They are more well-gelled now under Cummins.
A team that lost captain whole bunch of players were "high on confidence". A team that bowled a side out for 36 was low on confidence. We heard it all lol You merely state your "wish" rather than "logical prediction". You are going to keep saying "inida will lose india will lose". At some point you will get lucky.

I guess time will tell and can’t wait for the series to start. I hope India are brave with team selections and avoid selecting mental midgets like KL Rahul or too good to play Test cricket Iyer, Kishan etc.

My big worry is Dravid as a coach and also who will be captain? I hope Rohit sticks around till then. Otherwise if Bumrah or Rahul are made captain, there is no chance for India.

They had Tim Paine as the captain. He was a poor leader. India took advantage of his poor leadership and ended up winning.

Under Cummins, Aussies seem more focused and capable. Cummins has brought old glory back to Australia (3 ICC trophies).
THe cummins team that lost a test to a much lower ranked West Indies team? lol YOu should restrict your analysis to Bangladesh/Afghanistan/Srilanka not bigger teams.

THe cummins team that lost a test to a much lower ranked West Indies team? lol YOu should restrict your analysis to Bangladesh/Afghanistan/Srilanka not bigger teams.

Cummins team won the WTC by beating the daylight out of your team. Windies win was an anomaly.

Cummins team is likely to beat the daylight out of India again (both in next series and in WTC final).

Don't tell me what to do.

Cummins team won the WTC by beating the daylight out of your team. Windies win was an anomaly.

Cummins team is likely to beat the daylight out of India again (both in next series and in WTC final).

Don't tell me what to do.
We beat the daylight out of cummins team in the test series lol No beause you have no clue about either Australia or INdia. Your only knowledge here is "India hate" nothign else

Australia have a habit of winning somehow. I remember in the world cup I kept saying 2023 Australia was the weakest wc team they ever sent but I 100% feel like their gonna win lol.

Australia have a habit of winning somehow. I remember in the world cup I kept saying 2023 Australia was the weakest wc team they ever sent but I 100% feel like their gonna win lol.
More of INdia botch up. Rohit dropped the ball. A capable captain would have steamrolled Australia.

Cummins team just could not beat a much weaker West Indies team. A rookie bowler blew their team away.

LOL. One win doesn't mean anything. Even Hartley won England a game against your team. Hartley got a 7-fer.

Check what Cummins team did to your team in WTC final.

More of INdia botch up. Rohit dropped the ball. A capable captain would have steamrolled Australia.

According to you, when India win, it is India's credit.

When another team win, it is India botching up.

Learn to give credit to opposition.

LOL. One win doesn't mean anything. Even Hartley won England a game against your team. Hartley got a 7-fer.

Check what Cummins team did to your team in WTC final.
So same applies to WTC final . One match doesn't define who is superior in test cricket so winning a test series is way important than one of the test match . India won last 4 test series against Australia ( 2 in Australia and 2 in india ) .

So same applies to WTC final . One match doesn't define who is superior in test cricket so winning a test series is way important than one of the test match . India won last 4 test series against Australia ( 2 in Australia and 2 in india ) .

You are comparing a WTC final to a regular Test.

Pressure is different during a WTC final.

You are still going nuts over a win that happened over 4-5 years ago.
Ind won the test series down under in Jan 2021. How is that 5 yrs ago? U hv nearly doubled the 3 yrs to 5. Having said that, I genuinely don't think Ind would be able to beat Aus in Aus this time. Aus are too good a team to be beaten thrice at home by the same team. Moreover, Cummins is a smart pro-active captain. Indian test team is caught in an age trap. Too many players (Kohli, Rohit, Shami etc) are 35+ and into their decline.

Wait for a ridiculous response :) You won't be disappointed.

You are comparing a WTC final to a regular Test.

Pressure is different during a WTC final.
If WTC final consenting 3 test match series than it can be said that whoever win the WTC final series is best test team .
India lost first test against Australia both home and away still won the both the series and same with England also where india lost 1st test match but end result were 4-1 to india favour.

If WTC final consenting 3 test match series than it can be said that whoever win the WTC final series is best test team .
India lost durst test against Australia both home and away still noth the series and same with England also where india lost 1st test match but end result were 4-1 to india favour.

If INdia had our Australian killer Pant he would have destroyed. We went with that useless Bharat. Imagine Pant vs them. Also dropping of Ashwin was a cardinal mistake. One of the biggest match winner against Australia

I expect a series line of 3-1 in favour of Australia.

I'll be happy with India winning one test, one hard fought draw and one close contested defeat.

It'll be the close contested defeat which will hurt us the most. We'll be cursing some inexperienced batters for throwing away their wickets that could've resulted in 2-2 series line.

Back