Spoiler alert! India will lose the Test series 2024-2025 against Australia despite their current formidable form

Will India lose the Test series 2024-2025 against Australia despite their current formidable form?

• Yes, they will

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • No, they won't

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • It would be a draw

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
Aus chances to win are 80-20 in my opinion.

It will be too much to get owned by the same team three out of three times in your backyard in a long series.

I just want an entertaining series with cracking, high quality cricket being played. Will be great if we win again but won't be too bothered if we lose. Already won twice in a row there with the second one being a GOAT test series win in our history..so the wow factor is gone.

Before people bring up the WTC points..No I don't care about it now that we have broken the ICC title woodoo.

Indian team is in high Morales of late, Australia have improved a lot under Cummins. So its going to be some intense clashes

It will be too much to get owned by the same team three out of three times in your backyard in a long series.

This Australian team is not the same anymore. Their batting is quite weak. Warner has retired. Smith is not in the form of his life anymore.

West Indies beat this side. Even Pakistan got close in two games and effectively were in winning position.

I wouldn't be surprised if India wins the series again.

Australia has managed to drop a test to West Indies at home. Its more of an aspirational than rooted in logic of recent form.

Aus hv lost 4 out of their last 4 test series to Ind. (2 on Aus soil & 2 on Ind soil). They surely can't lose this time around. They are not minnow. Their losing quota is already complete.

I have a feeling Aussies may defeat India 4-1 this time. They are probably hurting after losing the last 2 home series. If not 4-1, most likely 3-2.
They haven't won a test series since 2015 against India, that’s 9 long years.

It’s a record somewhat, but this time we are in transition and they are in form atleast to defeat us in their country.

This Australian team is not the same anymore. Their batting is quite weak. Warner has retired. Smith is not in the form of his life anymore.

West Indies beat this side. Even Pakistan got close in two games and effectively were in winning position.

I wouldn't be surprised if India wins the series again.
If they could fix their batting woes then they would be formidable

Basically INdia is not going to win 3rd test series in a row in Australia. India is in rebuilding phase. Lot of youngsters coming through. Not sure whether India can create a Gabba miracle with youngsters again. Generally India raise their game against Aussies.

Basically INdia is not going to win 3rd test series in a row in Australia. India is in rebuilding phase. Lot of youngsters coming through. Not sure whether India can create a Gabba miracle with youngsters again. Generally India raise their game against Aussies.
As long as we have Pant and Bumrah in team, we are winning it :D

True Indians become 12ft McGrath/Gilchrist/Viv Hybrids whilst out boys shrink to 0.2 inch Tembas

I dont think so!

Inida has defeated Australia on their home soil when they were not looking that threatning as they are now so i think Inida will easily get hold of Australia now.

True Indians become 12ft McGrath/Gilchrist/Viv Hybrids whilst out boys shrink to 0.2 inch Tembas
We have usually had a decent record there , Kapil Dev’s team almost won a series in 80s but ended up losing close calls.
We drew one in early 2000s too ruining Steve Waugh’s retirement by retaining BG trophy.

But Gabba 2021 is the shocking of all with Natraj Sundar Shardul breaking the fortress 😂 ofcourse it was mostly due to Pant and Siraj.

We have usually had a decent record there , Kapil Dev’s team almost won a series in 80s but ended up losing close calls.
We drew one in early 2000s too ruining Steve Waugh’s retirement by retaining BG trophy.

But Gabba 2021 is the shocking of all with Natraj Sundar Shardul breaking the fortress 😂 ofcourse it was mostly due to Pant and Siraj.
India infact has higher W/L ratio against Australia ever since the Border Gavaskar trophy has been conceived :cool:
WTC final loss does hurt though :(

1720216022560.png

No team loses 3 test series in a row at home and particularly not Australia. One other thing in favour of Australia is that it's a very long 5 test series which generally helps the home side making a recovery if needed while the away side runs out of steam towards the end. Another factor in favour of Australia is the scheduling where the first 3 tests are in Perth, Pink ball Adelaide and Brisbane. This should give Australia a very significant home advantage and allow Australia to win the series comfortably.

The best India can hope for is a drawn series 2-2, though even a 3-2 series defeat will be considered a good effort for India.

Rohit
Jaiswal
Gill
Kohli
Pant(wkt)
Rahul
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj

Looks a pretty good side in my opinion.

Siraj

If mayank is good for couple of test matches, Perth and gabba. Perth will be ultimate to bully Aussies in their own backyard and land a psychological blow

If mayank is good for couple of test matches, Perth and gabba. Perth will be ultimate to bully Aussies in their own backyard and land a psychological blow
This guy won't last for more than 3-4 overs. He is injury-prone. India won't be taking any risks with such a guy on such an important tour.

India already has a great time to give tough time to any opposition in any condition. This is going to be an epic battle.

Indian Test side is just so dominant at home even in recent away Test tours, they had been a formidable and tough side to defeat. Also another amazing achievement by Indian team has been their feat of winning a series against Australia in Australia.

But bearing in mind the resurgence of Aussie dominance of old, I believe they will defeat the team India comfortably in a bilateral Test series in Australia, no matter how good the squad of India may be then.

So do you agree with above proposition or not? Share your thoughts below.
Agree, India remains the underdog in Australia. Normal service would be Australia - India 2-1 or 3-1

This guy won't last for more than 3-4 overs. He is injury-prone. India won't be taking any risks with such a guy on such an important tour.
Am used to aus bullying others especially in perth. i will like to watch one more ambrose kind of dish out to them.If mayank and kd can replicate Brett Lee and warne, it will make lots of painful memories relieve.

Am used to aus bullying others especially in perth. i will like to watch one more ambrose kind of dish out to them.If mayank and kd can replicate Brett Lee and warne, it will make lots of painful memories relieve.
Mayank is good enough for T20s atm. No longer format is going to help him. He might get injured and his career can be jeopardized.

I think BCCI knows that Mayank is not the guy suited for red ball atm.

Win or loss, this series is going to be another blockbuster one 🔥

India playing in Australia is cricket's most beautiful sight 👍🏻

Win or loss, this series is going to be another blockbuster one 🔥

India playing in Australia is cricket's most beautiful sight 👍🏻
1. Yashaswi
2. Rohit (c)
3. Gill
4. Kohli
5. Rahul
6. Jadeja / Sarfaraz / Vihari
7. Pant (wk)
8. Kuldeep
9. Shami
10. Bumrah
11. Siraj

Australia can't afford a 3rd straight series loss to India. I am pretty sure that the motivation to avoid this humiliation will be really strong and I expect them to come very hard at India. We might see some real green pitches this time, something that can backfire, but worth the gamble for Aussies.

Lol, They have their ICC finals, we have our Test series :D
No one cares about rubbish wtc one off test final. Its test for God sake. Series wins matters way more.

One offbtest that too in England kmao makes no sense. Should always be a series.

And last time aus beat India without jaiswal pant and bumrah in wtc final. No one cares.

Again only series wins matter

Australia can't afford a 3rd straight series loss to India. I am pretty sure that the motivation to avoid this humiliation will be really strong and I expect them to come very hard at India. We might see some real green pitches this time, something that can backfire, but worth the gamble for Aussies.
1000% will backfire if green pitches. Bunra shami mayank shiraj would love gree pitches.

Rohit
Jaiswal
Gill
Kohli
Pant(wkt)
Rahul
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj

Eww rahul. No thanks. Anyone but him.

Loser is what he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Four long months to go.

India has two home test series against Bangladesh and New Zealand.

There is only a 15-day gap between the last day of the New Zealand test in India and the first day of the Australia test in Perth, which I believe is a significant disadvantage. India will most likely start with a loss in this test series.

Does the Indian Cricket Team have the resilience to come back and win another test series in Australia? It's tough to imagine, especially with Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli both aging.

But then they have Burmah :bumrah
Last series India has won without Kohli and Rohit. India was without many of its star players. In fact, it has become a problem for India to make up 11 players as most of them are injured or not available. They had to include Natarajan as pace bowler, whom initially they considered as bowler for batsman practice at nets. The test where in they scored 40 and odd runs humiliated them and they have come back strongly with B grade team and still won the series. So don't take it granted and India can do wonders, either they may choke meekly or win against Hercules task

India is a good team and after winning the World Cup ( even though different format) their confidence will be high. Young players will come good this time as well like they did last time.

Will not be a one-sided contest in favor of Australia I am sure.

India is a good team and after winning the World Cup ( even though different format) their confidence will be high. Young players will come good this time as well like they did last time.

Will not be a one-sided contest in favor of Australia I am sure.
In 2011 after they won wc they drew vs one of the strongest SA sides in history.

However the following year the 8 0 drubbing happened under dhobi.

But this Indian side takes tests very seriously unlike dhoni who gave preference to odi and t20.

I see India winning this. Even a half decent Pakistan team gave Aussies a tough fight recently. India has most bases covered anyway.

I see India winning this. Even a half decent Pakistan team gave Aussies a tough fight recently. India has most bases covered anyway.
I think the one thing you can say for the Australians is that they're pretty sure of their team combination

Khwaja
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
Marsh
Green
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

The holes are obvious though.
- Khwaja is 27/28
- Smith hasn't shown signs of settling into the opening role
- Will Marsh ever be a proper test batter?
- Green is and out of form

All this is papered over by their incredible bowling. The four have worked together for years now and hunt in a pack. With support from Green (and maybe Marsh?), they're a formidable group.

India on the other hand still have a few decisions to make.

How will Shubman do in Australia?
Who's the number 5 batter? Rahul? Sarfaraz? Padikkal? Patidar (heaven forbid!)?
Will Shami be fit in time? If he isn't who's the third pacer?
Ashwin or Kuldeep?

I think the one thing you can say for the Australians is that they're pretty sure of their team combination

Khwaja
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
Marsh
Green
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

The holes are obvious though.
- Khwaja is 27/28
- Smith hasn't shown signs of settling into the opening role
- Will Marsh ever be a proper test batter?
- Green is and out of form

All this is papered over by their incredible bowling. The four have worked together for years now and hunt in a pack. With support from Green (and maybe Marsh?), they're a formidable group.

India on the other hand still have a few decisions to make.

How will Shubman do in Australia?
Who's the number 5 batter? Rahul? Sarfaraz? Padikkal? Patidar (heaven forbid!)?
Will Shami be fit in time? If he isn't who's the third pacer?
Ashwin or Kuldeep?
Khawaja 27 28? 37 38 you mean

Anyway bowling attack going down under includes
Bumrah
Akashdeep
Siraj
Rana harshit
Shami if back from injury
Kuldeep sen
Nitish reddy

strong bowling attack

Khawaja 27 28? 37 38 you mean

Anyway bowling attack going down under includes
Bumrah
Akashdeep
Siraj
Rana harshit
Shami if back from injury
Kuldeep sen
Nitish reddy

strong bowling attack
Yes 37-38. My bad. I meant to say he's really getting old.

That's a decent list of bowlers but Indian Selectors are generally conservative. If Shami's fit, the attack likely to play is Bumrah-Shami-Siraj. That i'd be pretty confident in, If he's not though, the slot opens up and while the names you're suggested are interesting, most of them are very raw
Akashdeep's played 1 test
Harshit's played 7 first class games,
Kuldeep Sen's played 20 games and is just averaging 30
Nitish Reddy's played 17 and looks promising with a 23 average

It's perfectly possible the Indian selectors will play it safe and go back to names like Mukesh Kumar.

Pitches are gonna be bouncy...

Series is gonna be juicy...
Test retirements are queuing up... :akhtar
I think most of the old guard will hang on to the WTC finals...I'm assuming India and Australia make it. They have a pretty decent lead at this point

After that though, you'll see a major bunch of retirements
India - Rohit, Kohli, Ashwin for sure. Jadeja & Shami maybe
Australia - Khawaja, Starc, Smith? Lyon?

It'll be a major changing of the guard

I think most of the old guard will hang on to the WTC finals...I'm assuming India and Australia make it. They have a pretty decent lead at this point

After that though, you'll see a major bunch of retirements
India - Rohit, Kohli, Ashwin for sure. Jadeja & Shami maybe
Australia - Khawaja, Starc, Smith? Lyon?

It'll be a major changing of the guard
Biggest loss will be Ashwin and Jadeja at home and Bumrah overall.
rest are replaceable.

No spoilers to be honest.
Everyone expects teams like Ind-Aus to win home series 8 out of 10 times. I think India has already encashed those 2 out of 10 chances by winning last 2 series. All I want is a good fight from Indian players even if the result is 5-0 in favour of Aus.

Btw any idea if India can still make to the WTC final after losing BG trophy by 5-0 margin? Lol

No spoilers to be honest.
Everyone expects teams like Ind-Aus to win home series 8 out of 10 times. I think India has already encashed those 2 out of 10 chances by winning last 2 series. All I want is a good fight from Indian players even if the result is 5-0 in favour of Aus.

Btw any idea if India can still make to the WTC final after losing BG trophy by 5-0 margin? Lol
Lol... India wont capitulate like England of 2013

In a long series with aging batters and only 3 test quality seamers in side, it is unlikely that India will have depth to keep competing with Aus.

To beat Aus, the 4th and 5th seamers should also be prepared to rotate in and not significantly reduce attack quality.

Aus for e.g. can afford to replace one of Starc/Hazlewood with Spencer/Boland throughout series if they are redlining and they will still be a gold level attack with backup seamers Marsh and Green giving main seamers breathers in between spells.

India's lack of a 4th seamer option and weaker backup seamers will tell as the series wears on and overs get into the legs. Unless an Avesh or Arshdeep starts delivering immediately like a young Siraj did in 2021 hard for the seamers to carry the attack over 5 tests.

Aus's main batters are also Head and Labuschagne who are at their peak age wise and reflex wise right now. They can afford a short dry spell from older batters Smith/Khwaja and can carry them till they invariably find form.

Meanwhile India are extremely dependent on Gill /KLR to stepup and have 400+ run series because the days of Kohli coming and single handedly scoring 500-600 in a series are long gone. Rohit never really had a big away series and unlikely to expect more than the odd good knock from him.

The Aus tail is also far better and can contribute regularly 30-40 runs more per inns and has greater stickability than Indian tail.

I think the series will be competitive for 2 tests but Aus will wear down and dismantle India over last 3 tests same as what happens to teams in long series in India.

3-0 to Aus with one rain draw and one slow pitch draw. India may nick a test if Aus has a horror inns versus Bumrah.

In a long series with aging batters and only 3 test quality seamers in side, it is unlikely that India will have depth to keep competing with Aus.

To beat Aus, the 4th and 5th seamers should also be prepared to rotate in and not significantly reduce attack quality.

Aus for e.g. can afford to replace one of Starc/Hazlewood with Spencer/Boland throughout series if they are redlining and they will still be a gold level attack with backup seamers Marsh and Green giving main seamers breathers in between spells.

India's lack of a 4th seamer option and weaker backup seamers will tell as the series wears on and overs get into the legs. Unless an Avesh or Arshdeep starts delivering immediately like a young Siraj did in 2021 hard for the seamers to carry the attack over 5 tests.

Aus's main batters are also Head and Labuschagne who are at their peak age wise and reflex wise right now. They can afford a short dry spell from older batters Smith/Khwaja and can carry them till they invariably find form.

Meanwhile India are extremely dependent on Gill /KLR to stepup and have 400+ run series because the days of Kohli coming and single handedly scoring 500-600 in a series are long gone. Rohit never really had a big away series and unlikely to expect more than the odd good knock from him.

The Aus tail is also far better and can contribute regularly 30-40 runs more per inns and has greater stickability than Indian tail.

I think the series will be competitive for 2 tests but Aus will wear down and dismantle India over last 3 tests same as what happens to teams in long series in India.

3-0 to Aus with one rain draw and one slow pitch draw. India may nick a test if Aus has a horror inns versus Bumrah.
Most of what you've said is true but I'm not pessimistic enough think 3-0.

Let's take batting. There's a lot of symmetry there

They have 2 aging lions in Smith and Khawaja. We have 2 in Rohit and Kohli
They have 2 in their prime stars in Head and Labuschagne. We have 2 in Pant and Jaiswal
They have 2 uncertainties in Green and Marsh. We have 2 in KL/Sarfraz and Gill
Their lower order in Carey & Cummins is decent but Jadeja is probably the best batter in either lower order and Ashwin/Kuldeep are not going to roll over

On balance, they're a shade stronger because of the proven quality of their in prime stars but I would back Pant & Jaiswal to come good.

Bowling they definitely have an advantage.

So yes, they should start as favourites but it's going to be a tighter series than you think.

What are you guys on about? No one from India is retiring after WTC. Nobody is retiring from ODIs either after champions trophy.
I hope they do. If they don't, we should be 'Andersoning' them.

- The Champions Trophy is the last prestigious ODI tournament before the next World Cup in 2027. The entire group of Rohit, Virat, Jadeja, Shami will be past or close to 40 by the time by the time of the next ODI World Cup. Why hang around for the most pointless exercise the world - bilateral ODIs? Win or lose...exit in a blaze of glory after the Tournament.

- Tests are trickier. Yes Kohli, Ashwin, Jadeja have some time left in them (Rohit I'm less sure). But when the drop off comes, it'll be steep. I'd love for them to exit with their heads held high. If not the WTC, maybe a year longer but the end is coming.

Loser
Meek
Mentally weak

Just all round loser.
We don't need him we have better players.

Not to mention selfish
These kond of players should just stick to ranji.
He is good in tests and has some impressive centuries in SENA countries. Even in the last tour of South Africa, he scored a century on a tough pitch.

He is good in tests and has some impressive centuries in SENA countries. Even in the last tour of South Africa, he scored a century on a tough pitch.
He will score in one innings and flop for the rest of the series. Exactly what happened in 2021 I believe and then recently in SA again.

When he scored last time india lost the game anyway.

To be frank you don't need a Nostradamus to predict that India might not win this time. It is very had to imagine a team going to Australia and winning 3 back to back series, so my money is on the Aussies to win this time. The one major thing though going for India is Australia's confusing strategy in Test cricket with Smith opening and missing someone like David Warner at the top. The other thing is that Virat and Rohit who are in the last stage of their careers want to achieve great things for the team, so they might give their all in this series. If we have Bumrah and Shami fit for the series it will be a tough one but I feel it will be difficult for us to win but again it will be a great surprise if we manage to do so.

Pls make prediction for PAK team also.

Was their spoiler thread to show PAK get knocked out by par time software engineer ? :rabada2

I really hope India try out Nitish Kumar Reddy as a #8 in a couple of the home tests before this tour.

Its a left field pick but he is a regular bowler for his state capable of pitching up 12-15 overs a day. His batting is bit raw but potential is there. He could come off like an Indian Aamer Jamal in those conditions

A guy who can bowl a couple of steady spells to rest the main seamers and can average 20-22 at #8 would really help India balance their team. Shardul is probably past his peak now and his style of bowling doesn't really work on Aussie pitches

India already win two back to back series in Australia. this time Australia will bring their a game. I expect Australia to win the series this time

India already win two back to back series in Australia. this time Australia will bring their a game. I expect Australia to win the series this time

Last time AUS lost because they chose not bring their A game? lol

Last time AUS lost because they chose not bring their A game? lol
I am saying winning 3 series back to back in Australia not easy. And this time rohit is the captain he make lots of blunder

Was looking at the series stats of last series

Labuschagne and Smith both topped batting avgs (scoring 739 at combined avg of 46) which marginally edged Indias best batters Pant and Gill (533 runs at combined 48)

Cummins & Hazlewood (38 wkts at 20-21) well outbowled Bumrah and Siraj (24 wkts at 28-29)

Where Aus saw significant underperformance was from

Specialist batters: Wade/Head and Warner/Burns averaging 20-22 over series compared to India having Rahane+Pujara avging 33-35 over series

Bowlers: Shockingly poor series for Lyon (9 wkts avg 55 to Ashwin + Jadeja combined 19 wkts avg 24) and Starc (11 wkts avg 40 vs Thakur+Saini+Nattu combined 14 wkts avging 31).

This time unlikely Lyon will fail so spectacularly and unlikely Ash/Jadeja will outperform so much.

Aus have upgraded batting with Green maturing, Marsh as a wildcard, Khawaja and Head upgrading themselves seriously from last time.

India will have Rohit and Virat but both on decline and Pant and Gill's test careers have meandered for different reasons. Even though total output bar is low, KLR will find it hard to match Rahane/Pujara experience and impact inns.

Want to be optimistic but unless Hazlewood strains a hammy and Smith has shockingly bad series hard for India to hold up against Aus

rohit and kohli are old now and wont be at their best, same goes for jadeja. australia will win, but not that easily though.
excited to see how jaiswal goes

rohit and kohli are old now and wont be at their best, same goes for jadeja. australia will win, but not that easily though.
excited to see how jaiswal goes

Australia will be without Waner and Smith is clearly past his peak as well. So are Starc and Lyon..

Goes both ways.

No, you said, ''this time australia will bring their A game''.
I said that to because Australia can't lose this time if they lose the series this time that will be a humiliation so Australia have to bring their a game

I said that to because Australia can't lose this time if they lose the series this time that will be a humiliation so Australia have to bring their a game

So the last two series they did not bring their A game?

Home summer Tests are usually the top priority for Australian cricketers (even more than ICC events) because that is when they are the most relevant sporting teams in the country. If they won't bring their A game there , what even is the point?

Could be very difficult since first 3 games are toughest -Perth,D/N at Adelaide and then the Gabba one.by the time ,series reaches MCG and SCG, series could be close to being over.
3-1/4-1 to Aus.
Has anyone won a D/N test or heck even survived it in Australia so far?

I am saying winning 3 series back to back in Australia not easy. And this time rohit is the captain he make lots of blunder
Rohit is actually a very dumb test captain. Good for loi but average in tests.

Kohli is the better test captain. Hope rohit proves us wrong though.

I think aus takes this 3-2.

Rohit is actually a very dumb test captain. Good for loi but average in tests.
Kohli intimidates opposition to make blunders in the longer format. In longer format, its easy to rectify a mistake and comeback even after a session too in some cases.Sadly both Rohit and Rahul lacked plan b in most of the cases.Lets hope gambhir can fix it.
am really hoping Jaiswal, Gill,Pant can make most of the maximum for a good series.

Big 3 team players know about each other very well. It comes down to form and adaptability. India does not have consolidators in this line up. Everybody is bit of a stroke player. So don't rule out dramatic collapses. Guys like Pujara and Rahane could stonewall a bit when needed. You don't see that in this line up. Boom or Bust line up.

Big 3 team players know about each other very well. It comes down to form and adaptability.
Not still sure about Gill but jaiswal can stuck as he has shown in eng series. In worst cases we should interchange kl to 3 and Gill at 5

Not still sure about Gill but jaiswal can stuck as he has shown in eng series. In worst cases we should interchange kl to 3 and Gill at 5
Temperament plays a very vital role in Australia rather than technique. Because you don't get tested technically much here unless it is a pink ball test or some drop in pitch. Generally true in nature where good bowlers get rewarded for persistent line and length. Temperamentally good batsmen can negotiate such phases without worrying about technical errors like Pujara did in 2018. Quiet often opposition succumbs to the relentless pressure inflicted by their pace attack. India on a very good batting track can potentially collapse if they don't display temperament. It will be a huge learning curve for lot of batsmen. Guys like Rohit, Kohli have to lead the way.

India is going to give a tough fight and I would say that it is 60-40 in favor of Australia atm. At home, Australia always has the advantage and to beat them at home is not easy. India did it last time and they can do it again but they have to play their best and select the best possible squad.

In a public appearance, Shardul Thakur revealed his true feelings about the tour when asked what India's famous win at The Gabba in Brisbane meant to him. India had won the four-match Test series 2-1, he said:

"The way they treated us was very horrible, For four or five days, there would be no housekeeping service in the hotel. If you wanted to change the bedsheets, you would have to walk up five floors when you're tired,"

"I heard some interview from Tim Paine. That man was absolutely lying, he was just saving himself by making up things in the media," said Thakur. "But I know the truth - Virat (Kohli) had left - and Ajinkya Rahane and Ravi Shastri were regularly fighting with Cricket Australia to give us what we wanted,"

"For the first time ever, we did not even look at the Australians after winning. We wanted to tell them 'Go and sit back in your dressing rooms',"

India' s best XI for this series would be :-

Rohit
Jaiswal
Gill
Kohli
Rahul(wkt2)
Pant(wkt1)
Jadeja
Shami
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Siraj

Now, we need couple of 140+ kph hit the deck bowler because these three pacers can't carry 5 tests. The first three tests will itself require us to play 3 or 4 man pace attack.

In final two test, we can play two spinners- Jadeja, Ashwin and Kuldeep to chose between.

Virat's form is a sign of concern for India. But at home, they are a tough team to beat anyways.

India' s best XI for this series would be :-

Rohit
Jaiswal
Gill
Kohli
Rahul(wkt2)
Pant(wkt1)
Jadeja
Shami
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Siraj

Now, we need couple of 140+ kph hit the deck bowler because these three pacers can't carry 5 tests. The first three tests will itself require us to play 3 or 4 man pace attack.

In final two test, we can play two spinners- Jadeja, Ashwin and Kuldeep to chose between.
What wrong sarfraz have done to not find a place .

Back