Spoiler alert! India will lose the Test series 2024-2025 against Australia despite their current formidable form

Will India lose the Test series 2024-2025 against Australia despite their current formidable form?

• Yes, they will

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • No, they won't

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • It would be a draw

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
I agree but that guy got a great technique against pace and spin.so definitely a great prospect when ever he steps in.In duleep trophy he was the only guy to trust his defence and battle it out.iyer,gaikwad,ishan,Samson all perished trying to attack than to defend in tough situations.
For test cricket he has to play Ranji trophy for atleast 2 session and scored plenty of runs

37 Average in first cricket is nothing when 50+ or even 60+ average player's are waiting for their turn

For test cricket he has to play Ranji trophy for atleast 2 session and scored plenty of runs

37 Average in first cricket is nothing when 50+ or even 60+ average player's are waiting for their turn
Average Is not there but he has potential and still 22 only.lets see how he evolves. On the last day of duleep trophy,he was there standing against all the odds till the end on quite a spicy track with bounce, spin.

Average Is not there but he has potential and still 22 only.lets see how he evolves. On the last day of duleep trophy,he was there standing against all the odds till the end on quite a spicy track with bounce, spin.
On basis of just potential , player's are not selected in test cricket expect few but can Play in limited overs

For test cricket, players are needs to learn how to grind a long innings , mental toughness etc and its only comes by scoring plenty of runs at first class cricket for atleast two sessions .

India has won against Australia in Australia not once but twice, dude.

But I agree, Australia will be itching to give it back to India. And India will be eager to prove a point again (and get rid of the Travis Head bogie once & for all). As an Indian, I don’t expect India to win this series but nonetheless it should be a cracker of a series! For if India pulls it off, it will be the biggest loss of face for Australia
I am just going by law of averages. It's just time for us to lose really lol.

Hope for a draw though. 5 tests is way way way too long. It favours home team so much

Looking forward to some competitive Test matches as currently most of the ongoing Test series are just one sided

India still gonna go with Kl Rahul in this series???

I want to see sarfaraz in though.

India still gonna go with Kl Rahul in this series???

I want to see sarfaraz in though.
While Sarfaraz absolutely makes sense on domestic pitches, they are persisting with KL Rahul because in all probability he will play in Australia. Which does make sense, bcoz Sarfaraz is a bit suspect on pacy, bouncy wickets. India’s entire focus is on BGT and WTC at this moment.

While Sarfaraz absolutely makes sense on domestic pitches, they are persisting with KL Rahul because in all probability he will play in Australia. Which does make sense, bcoz Sarfaraz is a bit suspect on pacy, bouncy wickets. India’s entire focus is on BGT and WTC at this moment.
Rahul has been a failure in recent times. I would pick sarfaraz over him for the next series and then we can see.

Rahul has been a failure in recent times. I would pick sarfaraz over him for the next series and then we can see.
Rahul is also a mental midget. Weak player.
He is a serial loser

There is a stat. Whenever he played we lost the icc tourney. One tournament he dint play. Guess what happened we won an icc event.

Also he dint play bgt and then we won. Only time he did well was vs englad in drawn series. He is a fraud. He has all the shots but he mentally he is weakest mental midget I have ever come across.

Australia can't even find a proper opener for test cricket .

They tried cheater Smith as an opener but failed badly.

Now trying head

Australia can't even find a proper opener for test cricket .

They tried cheater Smith as an opener but failed badly.

Now trying head
Bro what issue do you have with smith and Warner?

Regardless I'm glad someone made a proper thread talking about how India will lose because of who their up against.

Last edited by a moderator:
India is going to win the third back to back series .

Australia didn't even won series against westindies at home so forget about winning against india.

They were Lost back to back series and third series lose is awaiting for them .

I am just going by law of averages. It's just time for us to lose really lol.

Hope for a draw though. 5 tests is way way way too long. It favours home team so much
Law of averages is not a physical law.

It is a made up concept just like law of attraction and spirituality.

India is going to win the third back to back series .

Australia didn't even won series against westindies at home so forget about winning against india.

They were Lost back to back series and third series lose is awaiting for them .
Let the series conclude and then we'll talk. Your so called cheater might just be your biggest downfall.

Never get overconfident with your team, it backfired on you in 2023 and backfired on me in 2024.

I have a feeling India will lose, Australia have always put this team back in its place when they decide to go overboard

Let the series conclude and then we'll talk. Your so called cheater might just be your biggest downfall.

Never get overconfident with your team, it backfired on you in 2023 and backfired on me in 2024.
Won't it be a shock to this generation of Aussie cricketers to win a test series against India? Most of them have never seen that. Only a couple of veterans.

Won't it be a shock to this generation of Aussie cricketers to win a test series against India? Most of them have never seen that. Only a couple of veterans.
It won't be a shock. Australia doesn't take cricket as seriously as any other team. That's why they have zero pressure.

Although Warner is kind of an exception. He in the past has let his anger get to him

It won't be a shock. Australia doesn't take cricket as seriously as any other team. That's why they have zero pressure.

Although Warner is kind of an exception. He in the past has let his anger get to him
Maybe but it's been ten years. They seem to building it up hugely in their minds making stupid statements while India's been playing it cool and staying in the moment.

I had sort of chalked this one as a loss in mind given the weaknesses in our batting line-up but seeing how the Ozzies are overreacting, I think I've swung back the other way and made India slight favourites.

Maybe but it's been ten years. They seem to building it up hugely in their minds making stupid statements while India's been playing it cool and staying in the moment.

I had sort of chalked this one as a loss in mind given the weaknesses in our batting line-up but seeing how the Ozzies are overreacting, I think I've swung back the other way and made India slight favourites.
That's fair. In recent times Australia is acting in such a way, no denying it.

I still know they'll be back, it's nothing new. Pointing was probs the biggest example of this. Started off as a nice guy, once he went on a winning streak, eventually that ego got into his head. And he got a rude awakening.

Thankfully post retirement ipl and other commentary toles and ca positions have mellowed him down

Australia won't take cricket seriously yet they can use sandpaper sp they can win the matches:ssmith

Whatever are the record of smith ,he always known for cheater to me .
I give up, you people are too stubborn in your own ways and the amount of disrespect you have to the international teams besides your own.

You need to learn how to respect international test ATG's who have made a mark and won a tournament for their country.

Steve smith's left foot is more successful then you can ever be.

What's going right for India is that Green won't be available as allrounder so they may have to give an unproven Aaron Hardie a debut.

India smashed Lyon and Starc on the last 2 tours while taking less risks against Josh and Pat. That will continue .

Also, Pat Cummins is in decline as a Test bowler. Not the same force he was maybe even 18 months.

With some sound planning, we can make the Aussies sweat profusely.

Pressure is all on Australia.

To embarassed the whole proudly cricket country infront of whole world is very low for any cricketer .

What's going right for India is that Green won't be available as allrounder so they may have to give an unproven Aaron Hardie a debut.

India smashed Lyon and Starc on the last 2 tours while taking less risks against Josh and Pat. That will continue .

Also, Pat Cummins is in decline as a Test bowler. Not the same force he was maybe even 18 months.

With some sound planning, we can make the Aussies sweat profusely.

Pressure is all on Australia.
Green was wicketless whole series against india at home ,although he batting is improved.

No, Cummins is not declined at all but top of the game.

Starc is definitely declined so is cheater Smith , Khawaja and marnus but they are playing at home so that's the only advantage they have.

This is such a weird Series to even have prediction properly.
IMO All results are possible from 5-0 to 0-5 one sided affairs to 2-2 or 3-2 close wins.
The only thing I can think of is there can be a maximum of 1 draw with these two teams involved.

Green was wicketless whole series against india at home ,although he batting is improved.

No, Cummins is not declined at all but top of the game.

Starc is definitely declined so is cheater Smith , Khawaja and marnus but they are playing at home so that's the only advantage they have.
Green's accurate bowling helps freshen up the attack. They won't have that.

Cummins has become a much more hittable bowler since India tour last year.

Still takes wickets but gets hit around a LOT more than he used to.

To embarassed the whole proudly cricket country infront of whole world is very low for any cricketer .
Azhar got a biopic made about him, I don't see you complaining and asking for a ban on your own country.

If you were consistent, India should have been banned in totality after your filth

IMO All results are possible from 5-0 to 0-5 one sided affairs to 2-2 or 3-2 close wins.
The only thing I can think of is there can be a maximum of 1 draw with these two teams involved.
Trolling aside ( due to certain poster) this is going to be closed fought series. Australia is slightly favourite due to home conditions and 5 match long series always favour home team.

Azhar got a biopic made about him, I don't see you complaining and asking for a ban on your own country.

If you were consistent, India should have been banned in totality after your filth
I don't gave a dam about Azhar .i never talk about him .

I never respect fixer and cheater .

Green's accurate bowling helps freshen up the attack. They won't have that.

Cummins has become a much more hittable bowler since India tour last year.

Still takes wickets but gets hit around a LOT more than he used to.
For test cricket accuracy is matter. Cummins can be hit but soon he will take out any player's if they attack him .

Aaron Hardie is going to Play as an all-rounder role if Marsh and Green unfit to bowl

Most important things is Australia Pacers( Starc, Cummins Hazelwood) are very athletes so they can Play all tbe five test without any breakdown. We dont have that luxury , Bumrah most likely Play 3 or max 4 test so is any other Pacers .

For test cricket accuracy is matter. Cummins can be hit but soon he will take out any player's if they attack him .

Aaron Hardie is going to Play as an all-rounder role if Marsh and Green unfit to bowl

Most important things is Australia Pacers( Starc, Cummins Hazelwood) are very athletes so they can Play all tbe five test without any breakdown. We dont have that luxury , Bumrah most likely Play 3 or max 4 test so is any other Pacers .
Aaron hardie alone is going to clean you guys up

Trolling aside ( due to certain poster) this is going to be closed fought series. Australia is slightly favourite due to home conditions and 5 match long series always favour home team.
Yup, even if result gets lopsided to something 4-1 or 3-1 matches will be closely contested.

I am going to have lots and lots of fun this series. Just watch. It's the end of Indian test cricket as we know it
Yes just like how they perform against india at home or away from last decade. Not a single test series win against india.

Now soon you as always change goalpost from test cricket to limited over. :ssmith

Yes just like how they perform against india at anywhere from last decade. Not a single test series win against india.

Now soon you as always change golpost from test cricket to limited over. :ssmith
I won't. I'll watch the series with you, till the end. Theik hai? And if you win, you have my permission to troll until the next ct 2025 where I'll get you out?

If I lose I won't say a word, however you better hope India wins this test series and wins ct 2025 eliminating Australia warna only God can save you from me and my team.

I won't. I'll watch the series with you, till the end. Theik hai? And if you win, you have my permission to troll until the next ct 2025 where I'll get you out?

If I lose I won't say a word, however you better hope India wins this test series and wins ct 2025 eliminating Australia warna only God can save you from me and my team.
@Devadwal

Test 1 22-26 nov: Australia wins by an innings and 200 runs

Test 2 Australia wins by 10 wickets

Test 3 Australia wins by 140 runs

Test 4 Australia wins by 8 wickets

Test 5 Australia wins by an innings and 368 runs

@Devadwal

Test 1 22-26 nov: Australia wins by an innings and 200 runs

Test 2 Australia wins by 10 wickets

Test 3 Australia wins by 140 runs

Test 4 Australia wins by 8 wickets

Test 5 Australia wins by an innings and 368 runs
And now its time for wake-up from dream

Kehna kya chahte ho aap?

Cummins in his last 15 Tests has averaged 27.5 with the ball with economy of 3.53 .

His pace is down and accuracy is not what it used to be

At least have semi-realistic scenarios if you're going to try to troll Indians! Else it's no fun.
I am not trying to troll Indians, I am trying to troll only one Indian because he keeps hating on steve smith who's a cricketer that not only I admire but is considered an atg test cricketer within India as well

Incorrect sir, I was thinking about the format.
Genuinely I have a question for all Indian posters in general.

I'm fully aware of the fight I started for this series and I'm fully aware of the trolling that ensue assuming I lose.

But what happens incase you lose? What's the plan? What's the excuse? Because I'll be chucking it down hard. Ain't gonna let anyone live with their constant trolling of beating aus at home in the past.

Genuinely I have a question for all Indian posters in general.

I'm fully aware of the fight I started for this series and I'm fully aware of the trolling that ensue assuming I lose.

But what happens incase you lose? What's the plan? What's the excuse? Because I'll be chucking it down hard. Ain't gonna let anyone live with their constant trolling of beating aus at home in the past.
Losses are lessons, painful lessons and we move on trying to improve.
Overall, we are optimists, we are improving. :)

Losses are lessons, painful lessons and we move on trying to improve.
Overall, we are optimists, we are improving. :)
Well I've already backed myself. I'm the only aussie representative here and unlike Indian fans who are so use to seeing aussie fans being friendly and just agreeing with them, Ain't happening with me.

It is my duty to make sure India remains no 2.

No 2 and they should be happy with the silver medal

Aus beating us dont erase that we won twice there and they were not to able to win the series in past decade
That's fair. And I 100% agree with you. The past cannot be erased. However it goes both ways. It goes for the 2023 final, wtc 2022 as well as india's past 11 year botches most notably 2015 semi final beating and 2017 ct beating.

But fair play, past cannot be erased.

Well I've already backed myself. I'm the only aussie representative here and unlike Indian fans who are so use to seeing aussie fans being friendly and just agreeing with them, Ain't happening with me.

It is my duty to make sure India remains no 2.

No 2 and they should be happy with the silver medal
I expect atleast 3 wins for India, 3-1 or 3-2. Anything less will be a disappointment for me and you can freely troll me :)

It will be a blockbuster series for sure. No way to predict it. Both have good bowling line ups and aging batting line ups.

Without the damping factor, his ICC rating would be 930+.
So yes its one of the best starts in test careers.
I like jaiswal as a batter lol. It's just people jump the gun too much with me.

I just think putting him > every left handed batter from Asia when he's barely played is a bit too far.

I remember people claiming similar things about Gill and that fell flat, Granted I always found Gill medicore whereas jaiswal I found to be gun.

As for Travis, I keep mentioning Travis to remind Indians of that trauma.

I am riling up a massive crowd for this BGT series. It's me vs the world 🫠. Just like 2023 and 2024. Sadly I lost 2024 but it doesn't matter. Cricket's greatest rivalry will continue. Because frankly pakistan has lost that with India.

It's now India vs Australia as the new rivalry and I think even Indian fans agree on this. They get more nervous, anxious, excited and have more respect for the aussie side then Pakistan.

I like jaiswal as a batter lol. It's just people jump the gun too much with me.

I just think putting him > every left handed batter from Asia when he's barely played is a bit too far.

I remember people claiming similar things about Gill and that fell flat, Granted I always found Gill medicore whereas jaiswal I found to be gun.

As for Travis, I keep mentioning Travis to remind Indians of that trauma.

I am riling up a massive crowd for this BGT series. It's me vs the world 🫠. Just like 2023 and 2024. Sadly I lost 2024 but it doesn't matter. Cricket's greatest rivalry will continue. Because frankly pakistan has lost that with India.

It's now India vs Australia as the new rivalry and I think even Indian fans agree on this. They get more nervous, anxious, excited and have more respect for the aussie side then Pakistan.
That's why I said that Australia series will be his true test. :)

Look India might or might not win in Oz, but one thing's for sure it will be a riveting series and will give a tougher fight to Oz than any of the visitors for sure.

Now coming to banter,
sure I understand folks bring in Nov'23 and CT17 to rub India but why don't they bring up from 36 AO to marauding, pillaging, ransacking, demolishing the Aussie Fortress- the one place where Ozzie Roos always felt safe, it was their sanctum sanctorum.

A castle where Ozzie Roos stared and hunted down all foreign invaders- but the tables were turned on them and that too by a ramshackle cast of reserves and a single Gladiator call Pant- he literally pulled the pants off the Ozzies.

India will an ODI tourney finals in the future BUT no other team can replicate what Indians done to Ozzies.

The mental scars of it, having your pants taken off at home to a cast that will never be assembled again- the humiliation.

:viru

I am not trying to troll Indians, I am trying to troll only one Indian because he keeps hating on steve smith who's a cricketer that not only I admire but is considered an atg test cricketer within India as well
I'm no hater but Steve Smith is a tough cricketer to like. Whether I look at his batting aesthetics, his personality or obviously his ethics. Now there's no denying he's a great batter - that 2016-17 series is etched in my mind but...he's not a batter or a cricketer that makes your heart race. Root and Williamson are the same but they're such gentlemen and their technique so orthodox that I'm still a fan.

That said, I don't think this is a series for the old guard - Warner, Rahane & Pujara are gone already and Kohli, Rohit, Khawaja and Smith are on their last series. The young guns will have to step forward - Pant, Jaiswal, Gill, Labuschagne, Head (relatively).

I think we have the better young batters but their aging lions are in slightly better shape. It'll be fun.

I'm no hater but Steve Smith is a tough cricketer to like. Whether I look at his batting aesthetics, his personality or obviously his ethics. Now there's no denying he's a great batter - that 2016-17 series is etched in my mind but...he's not a batter or a cricketer that makes your heart race. Root and Williamson are the same but they're such gentlemen and their technique so orthodox that I'm still a fan.

That said, I don't think this is a series for the old guard - Warner, Rahane & Pujara are gone already and Kohli, Rohit, Khawaja and Smith are on their last series. The young guns will have to step forward - Pant, Jaiswal, Gill, Labuschagne, Head (relatively).

I think we have the better young batters but their aging lions are in slightly better shape. It'll be fun.
Yeah it'll be a great series and I look forward to it.

And yes I understand the criticism on Smith, I just don't agree on hating him forever for the sandpaper thing.

Unlike The pakistan trio especially amir who still have an ego to this day, Warner and smith returned as saints.

Yes these 2 maybe hiding it, but at the very least no drama bazi is caused.

Other then that I disagree. In his prime he was striking 70 ball 100's. Dud it against India in 2015, struck a 62 ball 100 in 2020.

Even has a killer 211 where he single handidely won a test game agaisnt England.

He's a genuine treat to watch especially in test.

But yes he's on his last legs and has mellowed down. Isn't what he once was, his test and odi struggles are clear with his drop from t20 being the end of that.

He'll soon be gone from cricket in all formats

Look India might or might not win in Oz, but one thing's for sure it will be a riveting series and will give a tougher fight to Oz than any of the visitors for sure.

Now coming to banter,
sure I understand folks bring in Nov'23 and CT17 to rub India but why don't they bring up from 36 AO to marauding, pillaging, ransacking, demolishing the Aussie Fortress- the one place where Ozzie Roos always felt safe, it was their sanctum sanctorum.

A castle where Ozzie Roos stared and hunted down all foreign invaders- but the tables were turned on them and that too by a ramshackle cast of reserves and a single Gladiator call Pant- he literally pulled the pants off the Ozzies.

India will an ODI tourney finals in the future BUT no other team can replicate what Indians done to Ozzies.

The mental scars of it, having your pants taken off at home to a cast that will never be assembled again- the humiliation.

:viru
I was trying to think of an equivalent for India - Delhi - the old Kotla now the Jaitley stadium? I can't remember when we've last lost there. I would've said Chepauk but England breached that fortress and of course there that heartbreaking loss to Pakistan in 1999.

I was trying to think of an equivalent for India - Delhi - the old Kotla now the Jaitley stadium? I can't remember when we've last lost there. I would've said Chepauk but England breached that fortress and of course there that heartbreaking loss to Pakistan in 1999.
Fair question not sure, more knoweldagle folks might point out an Indian fortress.

But as the awaam says India pitches are rigged, and Ozzie pitches are fair, therefore I woulnt be hung up on an Indian fortress. Main thing's Gabattoir nick's been retired.

Yeah it'll be a great series and I look forward to it.

And yes I understand the criticism on Smith, I just don't agree on hating him forever for the sandpaper thing.

Unlike The pakistan trio especially amir who still have an ego to this day, Warner and smith returned as saints.

Yes these 2 maybe hiding it, but at the very least no drama bazi is caused.

Other then that I disagree. In his prime he was striking 70 ball 100's. Dud it against India in 2015, struck a 62 ball 100 in 2020.

Even has a killer 211 where he single handidely won a test game agaisnt England.

He's a genuine treat to watch especially in test.

But yes he's on his last legs and has mellowed down. Isn't what he once was, his test and odi struggles are clear with his drop from t20 being the end of that.

He'll soon be gone from cricket in all formats
For sure aus are favourites to win. Home conditions in 5 tests series always favour home teams.

4 tests then I would say equal. But 5 tests aus has a big edge.

I think aus wins 2-1 or maybe 2-2 deaw. Outside chance of india winning if they have fully fit bowling attack. Our batsmen are in tranaition phase. I can guarantee one game will be washed out for sure.

If we pick harshit, nitish and mayank as reserves then there is a chance india can win. We need bowling back ups. All depends on their fitness levels.

Nitish would be good cause he can offer bowling and can bat well. Does play pace ok. Shardul might be looking at the bowling ar spot as well. Has a knack of getting wickets and slogging bonus runs.

Is steve smith not a test atg and one of the best test players of all time?
The best test batsman from Aus after Bradman and the top 3 test batsman in the last 30 years. A proper top tier ATG in test format who is a contender for a spot in all time test XI.

Sandpaper did not help his batting, so it's irrelevant for his stature as a test batsman.

The best test batsman from Aus after Bradman and the top 3 test batsman in the last 30 years. A proper top tier ATG in test format who is a contender for a spot in all time test XI.

Sandpaper did not help his batting, so it's irrelevant for his stature as a test batsman.
ATG batsman, one of the very best but dubious morals.

ATG batsman, one of the very best but dubious morals.
Well, he won't get into my morals all time XI.

---

Joke aside, I think Aus should win this series. 5 tests series is very long and if you see sequence of venues put by Aus for the first 3 tests, Aus has a huge advantage. It's not unintentioanl, it was done by design to avoid losing 3 back to back test series at home. Losing 3 long test series in a row at home will be too much.

I will be surpised if it's not Aus win. Yes, Indians surpised me last time as well by repeating the series win in Aus, but that was probably one of the best test series performance by any team. Those kind of performacnes don't happen often.

Aus players are hyping it by lots of giving statemetns and it's understandable due to many of them have not won against India even at home. Sure, India is a top class test team so expect them to give good fight, but my money will be on Aus.

Well, he won't get into my morals all time XI.

---

Joke aside, I think Aus should win this series. 5 tests series is very long and if you see sequence of venues put by Aus for the first 3 tests, Aus has a huge advantage. It's not unintentioanl, it was done by design to avoid losing 3 back to back test series at home. Losing 3 long test series in a row at home will be too much.

I will be surpised if it's not Aus win. Yes, Indians surpised me last time as well by repeating the series win in Aus, but that was probably one of the best test series performance by any team. Those kind of performacnes don't happen often.

Aus players are hyping it by lots of giving statemetns and it's understandable due to many of them have not won against India even at home. Sure, India is a top class test team so expect them to give good fight, but my money will be on Aus.
Offcourse they will line up the venues where they have got highest chance of winning, that is fair play and no complaints. India & other teams should do the same.

Oz are odds on to win the series, will be a miracle if it stays a draw or India win, not expecting it. The previous 2 tours have removed A from SENA for India and only S remain.

As long as we give a good fight to Ozzies, then its fair enough for me. Rest is all banter except for Mamoo...

Let’s be clear- there is no shame associated if India lose a closely fought series in Australia to Australia, bcoz it’s a given that strong teams are supposed to win home series. However, far greater loss of face for Australia if they lose this one.

Back