Spouse sponsor from Pakistan to Canada

sada90

First Class Star
Runs
hi guys just wondering any pak passion peer applied for Spouse sponsorship from Pakistan and is waiting or his or her case was processed recently .

here is my timing from CIC website

We received your application to sponsor .....on March......, 2012.

We sent you a letter on June..... 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

in june Case was forward to Islamabad Embassy and since then no words so far :(
I tried to contact Canadian Embassy in Pakistan via email since there is no phone no to call , and all response i got is your case is still processing , which looks like a forward email to me,
i just want to know if any one applied in similar time frame so i can check and tell wifey (eating my head every day and i am getting frustrated as well :(

It's a lengthy process, give it a 2 year time frame.

2 years to get a Canadian visa for a spouse? I'll bet it's a lot faster if the spouse is from a European country - or am I mistaken? Surely it's not a case of racism by the back door?

I agree with UP

for Pakistan it has to be 2 years minimum.

For some countries its 7 - 8 months.

Yeah it has become a lengthy process now if your spouse is from Pakistan although most marriage frauds are done by Indians here and their process is not as long .

Yep the process is longer for Pakistanis. My friend applied in November 2011, had a daughter born in May 2012, but still hasn't made much progress on the application.

if you are citizen, child born anywhere is canadian citizen..
apply child's passport in canada with the instruction to deliver in pakistan..
canadian high commission will deliver it...

only thing, one cannot have x-ray when pregnant, and immigration process require medical

Yeah it has become a lengthy process now if your spouse is from Pakistan although most marriage frauds are done by Indians here and their process is not as long .

The process for Pakistan visa takes time not only by Canada but other countries as well, marriage fraud is one reason , but is not the only reason.

I had a Nikkah on December 2019, it took us a long time to gather supporting documents and filling out the Application forms but i finally managed to courier the documents to the IRCC office on March 30, 2020. But who knew that Covid would come and completely wreck the world.

It has now been 9 months and i can see that vast majority of March, April, May, June applicants have not only received an email from the immigration authorities but also have made substantial progress on their applications, a few July applicants have made progress and some August applicants have received an email from the IRCC about their application. But i haven't received anything from the immigration authorities.

I called the IRCC authorities on their hotline and they told me that your application hasn't been processed yet. I contacted my MP and in November he basically told me that as per the immigration authorities, the age gap between me i.e. 35 years and my wife i.e. 20 years of 15 years is very unusual which is why they are spending a lot of time doing additional background, security checks on both of you and there is a high chance that both of you are going to be interviewed by the immigration authorities down the line.

But given that i have not even received an acknowledgment of receipt i.e. an email by the IRCC authorities that your application has been received by the immigration authorities, it appears that my file and the whole thing could actually end up taking another year to year and a half.

I went to meet my wife and my inlaws for a month in November and i could tell that her parents are under tremendous pressure from the rest of the family to complete the remaining wedding functions i.e. Mehndi, Shaadi, Ruksati asap as it is unheard of for a girl to be waiting for even 6 months after Nikkah let alone a year or a year and a half to two years. The problem in our culture is that once you complete the Ruksati, it looks bad for the girl to be living with her parents and family, and it is expected that she will be living in her new home.

I proposed to my parents in November about why don't we all temporarily move back to Pakistan from Canada, complete all the remaining wedding functions in December, get the honeymoon out of the way, i find some temporary work back home in Pakistan and we all live there till the visa finally comes after which we can all fly back to Canada together. Unfortunately my mom, given that she is extremely unwell and very sensitive to her childhood friends, colleagues seeing her in this state, refused and that plan went Kaput.

Other than me regularly contacting my MP, my hands are tied. In the worst case scenario, i might have to consider moving myself to Pakistan and living with my wife alone but i know my dad cannot take care of my mom alone and i have to be there to support him.

Long Distance relationships after a period of time when they are accompanied by uncertainty do take a toll. My wife unfortunately has to be at the receiving end of many comments from her immediate and extended relatives.

Wooh 2 years for spouse!! Mind-blowing
That's stupidity :shezzy2

My father's friend in his 60s married (second marriage) with an Indian in india (Urdu speaking)
I think it took them less than a year I would say around 6-9 months

Canada is too strict with this marriage imo

I had a Nikkah on December 2019, it took us a long time to gather supporting documents and filling out the Application forms but i finally managed to courier the documents to the IRCC office on March 30, 2020. But who knew that Covid would come and completely wreck the world.

It has now been 9 months and i can see that vast majority of March, April, May, June applicants have not only received an email from the immigration authorities but also have made substantial progress on their applications, a few July applicants have made progress and some August applicants have received an email from the IRCC about their application. But i haven't received anything from the immigration authorities.

I called the IRCC authorities on their hotline and they told me that your application hasn't been processed yet. I contacted my MP and in November he basically told me that as per the immigration authorities, the age gap between me i.e. 35 years and my wife i.e. 20 years of 15 years is very unusual which is why they are spending a lot of time doing additional background, security checks on both of you and there is a high chance that both of you are going to be interviewed by the immigration authorities down the line.

But given that i have not even received an acknowledgment of receipt i.e. an email by the IRCC authorities that your application has been received by the immigration authorities, it appears that my file and the whole thing could actually end up taking another year to year and a half.

I went to meet my wife and my inlaws for a month in November and i could tell that her parents are under tremendous pressure from the rest of the family to complete the remaining wedding functions i.e. Mehndi, Shaadi, Ruksati asap as it is unheard of for a girl to be waiting for even 6 months after Nikkah let alone a year or a year and a half to two years. The problem in our culture is that once you complete the Ruksati, it looks bad for the girl to be living with her parents and family, and it is expected that she will be living in her new home.

I proposed to my parents in November about why don't we all temporarily move back to Pakistan from Canada, complete all the remaining wedding functions in December, get the honeymoon out of the way, i find some temporary work back home in Pakistan and we all live there till the visa finally comes after which we can all fly back to Canada together. Unfortunately my mom, given that she is extremely unwell and very sensitive to her childhood friends, colleagues seeing her in this state, refused and that plan went Kaput.

Other than me regularly contacting my MP, my hands are tied. In the worst case scenario, i might have to consider moving myself to Pakistan and living with my wife alone but i know my dad cannot take care of my mom alone and i have to be there to support him.

Long Distance relationships after a period of time when they are accompanied by uncertainty do take a toll. My wife unfortunately has to be at the receiving end of many comments from her immediate and extended relatives.

My cousin brought his wife from Pakistan to Canada and it took like 2 and a half years but this was a little before Trudeau came to office so I don't know if things changed but that seems to be the usual processing time for Pakistan so nothing unusual in your case, also you need to factor in the pandemic into all this, even for the US where it only takes 6-9 months to bring your spouse from Pakistan, one of my uncles is having to wait more than a year cause of the pandemic slowing down work.

That said, what is unusual about your case is that you haven't had the rukhsati and none of the usual desi wedding events which are actually used to support your case, the US and Canadian authorities usually want photographic evidence, they usually won't give a visa just cause of a nikkah so that could be the biggest obstacle for you. As for the interview cause of the age gap, everyone I know who sponsored their spouse to bring them to the US and Canada had to do an interview at the embassy so that's expected. They will wanna see your relationship, to verify if it's not a sham marriage to get a visa and in addition to that they may want to see if your marriage wasn't a forced one and that the girl isn't a victim.

Canada seems to take a lot of time for processing spouse visa. 1 to 2 years is way too long.

In Hong Kong, it usually takes at most 6 months if your documents and salary slips are in order. However, you get permanent residency after living here for seven years which is very long.

My friend sponsored his wife and it took around 9months to a year I think, it has gotten much better than in recent years.

It took my wife 4 months to get her UK spouse visa which I thought was a bit too quick given the circumstances.

Documents were submitted in August 2020 and received Visa in December.

And now she expects me to come during the pandemic, hell na.

Sorry to hear this Savak. This must be really tough for you and her. You've come this far and just a little bit more. Keep your chin up and inshallah this too shall pass.

Wooh 2 years for spouse!! Mind-blowing
That's stupidity :shezzy2

My father's friend in his 60s married (second marriage) with an Indian in india (Urdu speaking)
I think it took them less than a year I would say around 6-9 months

Canada is too strict with this marriage imo

Canada generally doesn't interview for spousal immigration, unless they see any red flags for visa fraud. It generally wouldn't take 2 years in most cases.

Back