Sri Lanka Premier League| Day 5 | 17/08/12 | Commentary & Discussion

3 down still 15 overs to go he should have stayed in how did it change the momentum when he batted only run a ball seriously love is blind.:malik

Went at an SR of 118. Came in when the ball was moving quite a bit, played a few lovely looking boundaries. Tried putting the bowlers on the back foot. Umar then was presented a wide swinging ball, he went after it and miscued the shot. It happens. It's T20 cricket.

its 62-4 and if this partnership stays then they can reach to 150+

Went at an SR of 118. Came in when the ball was moving quite a bit, played a few lovely looking boundaries. Tried putting the bowlers on the back foot. Umar then was presented a wide swinging ball, he went after it and miscued the shot. It happens. It's T20 cricket.

that does not change the fact he threw his wicket away after getting in with 15 overs remaining and 3 wickets down it was definetley not a knock the situation needed as you impled.

wayamba missed the trick by not playing razzaq. Obviously his bowling is not what it used to be but on this type of track even he would be a handful.

that does not change the fact he threw his wicket away after getting in with 15 overs remaining and 3 wickets down it was definetley not a knock the situation needed as you impled.

Well that happens all over the world by all players. Its T20 cricket. Cannot believe Umar is getting criticized more than Hafeez here.

People need to calm down and realise these things happen in T20 cricket.

I hope you guys all understand now why Malik should be playing and captaining instead of Hafeez in the LO formats

still poor performance from one of the finest T20 bowler in such conditions...and he is our leading bowler:facepalm:

well beggars cant be choosers...who would you rather have gul or sami/cheema/tanvir/arafat to be our leading bowler lol. We had asif and amir I guess that is why PCB wasnt looking to develop new talent cause they thought they were good for another 6 years. That backfired clearly.

well beggars cant be choosers...who would you rather have gul or sami/cheema/tanvir/arafat to be our leading bowler lol. We had asif and amir I guess that is why PCB wasnt looking to develop new talent cause they thought they were good for another 6 years. That backfired clearly.

I'd rather try someone like Talha. also Wahab should be given another go.He's been treated unfairly after world cup.

Umar gul has fewer braincells than a donkey. what a crap bowler. cant even use these conditions effectively.
I hate watching him bowl now.

I'd rather try someone like Talha. also Wahab should be given another go.He's been treated unfairly after world cup.

Talha should be given a chance yes. But wahab has lost his confidence. I saw him bowling in a moin khan t20 cup match, he was going for plenty of runs against ordinary batsmen. It looks like if he cant get it to reverse swing on any given pitch he forgets how to bowl at all. Gul is much better as of now. Just my unprofessional opinion though lol.

Talha should be given a chance yes. But wahab has lost his confidence. I saw him bowling in a moin khan t20 cup match, he was going for plenty of runs against ordinary batsmen. It looks like if he cant get it to reverse swing on any given pitch he forgets how to bowl at all. Gul is much better as of now. Just my unprofessional opinion though lol.

:junaid is the best fast bowler in the country now by a mile
:cheema is a good lo option

Gul should continue as of now I agree.but we should also try something new from other ends not just usual crap like Tanvir,cheema.I don't think they can win against quality sides.

Oram has bowled really well..kind of bowler you wish to have in such conditions.

:junaid is the best fast bowler in the country now by a mile
:cheema is a good lo option

Junaid is very good for tests maybe a future decent limited overs bowler too. Cheema I agree is decent, he should be selected ahead of Sami for sure. Hopefully anwar ali has some decent performances against aus. so we have other options.

and gul keeps getting tonked . short delivery for 4 and again an short and wide outside edge for 4.

Good decision by pakistan to drop him.

brilliant strategy by lul
bowling short and wide/short on leg at the death.....genius
glad we dropped him

To be fair to Gul he should of had a wicket the first ball, the keeper couldnt run to under the ball in time.

Back