Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | Pallekele| 07/10/12 | 3rd Test | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Drive

Test Star
Runs
Sri Lanka ended Day 3 ahead. Pakistan now trail by 84 runs with 9 wickets left, with opener Taufeeq Umar back in the hut after an unfortunate decision. Pakistan's aim now is to get a lead of at least 200, whereas Sri Lanka would like to concede a lead of no more than 100-125 runs.

If Pakistan can erase the deficit with no more wickets or 1 more wicket (at the most) down, they can make a match out of this. Much also depends on the weather.

Adnan Akmal will be crucial for Pakistan, with both bat and gloves. Rain is also a threat, so every result is possible.

Any update on Adnan/Rain for today? Anyways, let's hope for the best.

Pakistan Zindabad! :pakflag2

Last edited:
Sri Lanka ended Day 3 ahead. Pakistan now trail by 84 runs with 9 wickets left, with opener Taufeeq Umar back in the hut after an unfortunate decision. Pakistan's aim now is to get a lead of at least 200, whereas Sri Lanka would like to concede a lead of no more than 100-125 runs.

If Pakistan can erase the deficit with no more wickets or 1 more wicket (at the most) down, they can make a match out of this. Much also depends on the weather.

Adnan Akmal will be crucial for Pakistan, with both bat and gloves. Rain is also a threat, so every result is possible.

Any update on Adnan/Rain for today? Anyways, let's hope for the best.

Pakistan Zindabad! :pakflag2

I thought Adnan was permanently out for the match? O_O

Humble interview by Samaraweera, admitting beaten hell of a lot of time and giving Junaid the deserved credit.

Need to erase the deficit with max loss of one wicket, then put up 220 more

Pakistan gotta bat at a healthier run rate! Only that way they can think of winning the match!

Best case scenario for which I am praying is to post 350 more today and bowl Lanka out tomorrow. Let's hope it happens!

Best case scenario for which I am praying is to post 350 more today and bowl Lanka out tomorrow. Let's hope it happens!

yup that seems like a best case scenario with chances of us scoring 350 in 90 overs are quite low. I think we will score more like 300 but if we do not lose many wkts than your best case scenario is possible.

The best thing here would be that Pakistan is all out by stumps todays with a lead of 250 .......that would be interesting.

yes if they are able last the whole day they will try to bat tomorrow and that will mean a draw. A full day is needed to take 10 wkts as pitch seems to have eased out.

Yes pakistan should bat out today and get as many runs as possible.

I guess this is how you get 16,000 posts in 2 years while I dawdle at a mere 8k in 7 years.......by saying the bleeding obvious.......:raja

Last edited:
I personally think Pakistan shouldn't look to bat out today and not try to get as many runs as possible.......:butt

anyone else annoyed as heck at the chanting

they're louder than the commies...

No point in batting out the whole day and getting just 220 runs , better be all out and get 270.

I think we should relax with the whole up the run rate thing, slow and steady first 2 sessions, and then if we are in a situation where we can go for it, you can look to really excel in the last session. I think 300 runs today would be good enough to make a match, 200+ 4th inning chase is always hard. But we cannot be overaggressive and risk a wicket or two, we can easily get out for 230 and set SL a chase of 120 = no hope of winning.

Last edited:
As I said:
Ironcat said:
Basically, use the morning to erase the deficit. Then score another 200 to 250 during the rest of the day.

Declare or bat till half of the first session of the final day, leaving SL hopefully with 300 to 350 to chase. We will then have ~2.5 sessions to get them out, which I think will put us back in control.

The key is to bat all day on the 4th day.

Hafeez needs to use his feet against Herath. He'll otherwise miss one sooner or later.

intention of Pakistani batsmen has been very positive this morning particular Hafeez

trail by 21 runs ..

how many of you wish Afridi was playing here?:p

I think it is too much to expect a Pakistan win now....It is only matter of Hafeez..If he can score big and quick.....you now Azhar ,younis and Shafiq....to expect aggression from them is not a possibility....
and from previous evening session batting has become easier...To get Srilankans out in around 70 overs with Taufeeq as keeper will require a miraculous spell from Ajmal or junaid..
And there is always a chance of a sudden monsoon shower...

and on above all ,you know mindset of our captain of playing safe....No indication ,no idea that how pakistan can win this....

This has been a good change to the pakistani batting, they are clearly 0.6-7 runs faster than the average rr they had for the past two years.

What can you expect. It's Hafeez. Chasing such a wide ball. Idiot.

But well played for his 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back