SS Platinum Reserve Custom Made

aravindhsha

Debutant
Runs
Hello guys.i had received my ss platinum reserve custom made bat.it took three weeks to make that bat and ss told me through dealer that they are looking for lighter clefts.my bat specifications are as follows:
Bat Weight:1150 grams upto 1200 grams(at most lightly possible for the specfications,1175 gm will be a decent weight)
Bat Handle:Round
Bat Back Profile:No Concaving,Traditional Style(Like GM Flare)
Bat Sweet Spot:5 inches to 9 inches from toe(Normal Middle Extended Sweet Spot)
Bat Face:Flat Or Slight Curve(Can Be Done According to the edge thickness)
Bat Edge Thickness:38mm+
Bat Profile Thickness:60mm+
Bat Size:SH
Bat Toe Shape:Square
Bat Cleft:The Lighter Cleft Among the clefts for the big profile of this bat(please try to get the lightest to keep the bat weight around 1150 grams)
Grains:10 Evenly Spaced Straight Grains Without Blemishes.

as i received my bat,the bat has slight bow(curve) in it with 37-38 mm edges and its weight is 1190 gm.

the main issue is that the punch and ping on this bat is not good and i am knocking it.i have seen many ss bats which perform when its brand new.i hope that my dear brothers coverdrive and knightrider would advice on this one.when i am not knocking the bat i felt more vibration just above the middle which also had some extra wood(not the splice,i mean just one inch above the sweetspot) and towards the toe,its vibration free which seems very weird since this is a middle extended sweetspot bat rather than a low sweet spot bats.can any one of the guys tell me what is opening of the grains or cricket bat?i have already had a ss gold edition and it doesn't had more vibration when i knocked it and it performed well right from the beginning(before knocking).after checking its ping and punch,i was concerned about it and when i went to pick the bat from the dealer,i have seen two new ca plus 12000 bats,one of which was 2lb 7oz and has 42 mm edges which also had minimum concaving(or no concaving),i checked its ping,i was amazed,it had a impressive ping and nice sweetspot.both looked similar.

Attachments

• IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 340
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 281
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 249
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Just to clarify, are you getting vibration from the sweetspot or above and below the sweetspot?

May be this one hard pressed, no worries, it will take time to open up but once it opens up it will go like gun.

Just to clarify, are you getting vibration from the sweetspot or above and below the sweetspot?

i receive very high unusual vibration whenever the ball hits just above the sweetspot and when the ball hits lower than the sweetspot,the vibration is very less.i hope your understand.

May be this one hard pressed, no worries, it will take time to open up but once it opens up it will go like gun.

i hope that it will hard pressing and it will go like gun with few net sessions.ok what is meant by opening?

i receive very high unusual vibration whenever the ball hits just above the sweetspot and when the ball hits lower than the sweetspot,the vibration is very less.i hope your understand.

I would say it will need more knocking in, in that area then. It should disappear, but you will get the odd vibration from the toe and up by the splice area.

As for 'opening up' just means the bat is getting more responsive as its being played in.

I would say it will need more knocking in, in that area then. It should disappear, but you will get the odd vibration from the toe and up by the splice area.

As for 'opening up' just means the bat is getting more responsive as its being played in.

yeah,its getting better and better,today played in bowling machine,the bowling machine operator guy was playing fun on me,i told him to bowl 65 mph but he set it as 85mph and fired a yorker,i was lucky to tap my bat down and i looked at my bat,its left toe was slightly damaged,how to repair it?i would upload pictures later.my bat has been knocked continuously for 2 weeks and played in old balls with spinners,this is the first time it would faced 85mph in a dimple balls.i was also hit in toe which made me to quit the session,it was suspected as a hairline crack in my toe.

Thanks for explaining what is opening up.

bat looks nice... i just bought one from india last year and gotta tell you that bat is awesome... great ping and great balance. my ss reserve have allmost 14 grains.. and ball flys. easily i would say the best SS bat..

Grains on the bat provide vital information like durability and performance. If you are looking for durability, anything around 8-11 grains would be ideal. Infact most of the leading manufacturers suggest 5-9 grains max. More number of grains 12+ will give better performance right from the start; The narrow grain indicates slow growth and results in a more responsive end product. On the other hand, wider grained bat will last longer. The wider grain indicates quicker growth, allowing an early felling and therefore giving a younger and hence stronger wood.

International cricketers usually have 12+ grains for quick performance, they dont care about the durability as they get the bat for free.

bat looks nice... i just bought one from india last year and gotta tell you that bat is awesome... great ping and great balance. my ss reserve have allmost 14 grains.. and ball flys. easily i would say the best SS bat..

Back