Stanford (SF) bats - VA 900

AFT4B

Debutant
Runs
Salaam all,

Anyone used a Stanford (SF) VA 9000 laminate bat before?

Seem to be reasonable price on OnlineStockists... Opinions please.

Online Stockist sold a lot of these bats in a hurry but all of a sudden SF stopped making them. They no longer have these bats for sale. If you look again on site you can no longer purchase Stanford (SF) VA 9000 laminate.

SF Saphire and SF Impressive are available is two piece willow(laminated).

Last edited:
The reviews were very positive and there was lot of demand for these bats. Its old news now, SF stopped making these bats abt 12 months ago.

Nope but I was very close to buying it. I had a Champ grade 1 and CA Gel.

Ya. I still have CA gel but used it only once and the performance was very good, very powerful bat.

lol Majid bhai remember the crazy topic you had about the CA gel on another forum

Yes I remember Lekka absolutely went mad on both my laminated bats reviews topic. I said I was going to use it in match and then he started...

This was the 1st post and after this was pure madness. Topic has been archived

CAGEL.jpg

CAGEL1.jpg

CAGEL2.jpg

CAGEL3.jpg

CAGEL5.jpg

I received CA gel Laminated bat from Armie on (06/07/2010). 2.10/2.11, 40mm edges, 10 grains very good balanced pick up. The joint on the bat is done very well. Its barely noticeable and most of it is under the side sticker. I have put a little puma sticker to cover up the joint below the side sticker. I don't think anyone can tell the bat is laminated even if its looked at very closely.

Last edited:
Kinghtrider, what do you think of the SF Saphire? It's the other one I was considering from onlinestockist... But doesn't seem as big as the VA 900.

Also, I can't seem to find an online store that can supply the CA Gel?

I started training wit a guy who has the VA900 the bats edges are massive and weight seems reasonable, the profile of VA900 is interesting(its raised in the middle) if you do get one i would reccomend getting it as light as possible

ammo, thanks for the advise. I've sent onlinestockists an email to ask if they're still able to supply it. But am also interested to hear where I can pick up a CA gel...

Armie was selling CA Gel a while ago not sure if he still have them.

SF Saphire is a good bat, I have seen and held it few times. It is not very big in terms of edges but it picks up well for its low middle shape.

Kinghtrider, what do you think of the SF Saphire? It's the other one I was considering from onlinestockist... But doesn't seem as big as the VA 900.

Also, I can't seem to find an online store that can supply the CA Gel?

Hello AFT4B

The pictures you looked at of SF Saphire is of a normal bat its not laminated like VA 900 so that is why it looks smaller.
I had a SF saphire last season and it was a very good bat one of my best, very good looking grains, thick edges and very meaty bat. I used it for practice and around 10 matches and did very well with bat top score was 73. It was a bit of eye candy I remember whenever I use to take it out of my kit bag quite of lot of people use to ask where I got it from and wanted me to get the same bat for them. I did order 2 more saphire bats for my team mate and they both liked the bats.

Now its a good time to order the time as Ajit has recently started to update his website and he will reply to any questions you have.

Thanks Knightrider - you mind me asking why you moved on from it? (you said you had it last season)

Would you recommend it for the money? i.e. £125? Ajit has suggested a CHAMP or SM laminate but are slightly heavier - 2.12 to 2.13.

Yaara I gave the bat away to a friend Zimbabwe test player, he really liked the bat so I gave it to him and I dont usually keep bats for more then a season. I'm not a big fan of laminated bats so I would recommend a normal SF Saphire, its a very good bat for £125, some of other retailers are selling lower quality bats for much more. Also you can go with Ajit suggestions as he knows more about laminated bats but 2.12 to 2.13 would feel be a touch heavy.

Ajit said he wouldn't recommend the Saphire laminate and said he would be taking it off his site soon... to be honest I want to try one... may end up not thinking much of them...

You not giving any more bats away are you? ;-) or selling your Gel? :-D

Back