Stanford Superstars v England T20 | Coolidge | 1/11/08

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Runs
66,918
95601.2.jpg


Match scheduled to begin at 17:30 local time (21:30 GMT)

Stanford Superstars Squad

LS Baker, SJ Benn, S Chanderpaul, LJ Cush, TM Dowlin, RR Emrit, ADS Fletcher, CH Gayle, CB Hampson, LOD James, SC Joseph, D Mohammed, KA Pollard, DBL Powell, DJG Sammy, RR Sarwan, JE Taylor


England XI

1 Ian Bell, 2 Matt Prior, 3 Kevin Pietersen (capt), 4 Owais Shah, 5 Andrew Flintoff, 6 Paul Collingwood, 7 Samit Patel, 8 Luke Wright, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Graeme Swann, 11 Steve Harmison.
 
20-20 for $20 million

The West Indies players need it more than the England players. I heard a couple of the Windies boys talking about how they will settle their parents debts etc if they won.

Unlike KP who has just bought a Penthouse in Chelsea.

So GO STANFORD SUPERSTARS!!!!

And I hope an English player makes a horrendous mistake that costs them the game - and it haunts him forever.

And that will be the 'legacy' of Stanfords 20-20 for $20 million.
 
Oxy why did you have to start this thread for this pantomime, pyjama match?!

Btw GO STANFORD 'SUPERSTARS'!

And please let Swann's last ($20 million) ball go flying got 6! :59:
 
Last edited:
Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Oxy why did you have to start this thread for this pantomime, pyjama match?!

Btw GO STANFORD 'SUPERSTARS'!

And please let Swann's last ($1 million) ball go flying got 6! :59:

Community Service :)

I think theres been one for all the other games.

I shant be contributing though
 
Difficult to choose who to support here as my support gets shown on the big screen and affects the game. I wouldn't want to play carrom with these group of players (or to narrow it down the leaders/seniors) of both teams
 
BREAKING NEW: All online links have been bought by an anonymous buyer for approx $20 million...........and 50 cents
 
I know its easy for me to say it since i won't be getting the money but it will be really nice if the all this money is given to some charity organization.
 
Oxy said:
20-20 for $20 million

The West Indies players need it more than the England players. I heard a couple of the Windies boys talking about how they will settle their parents debts etc if they won.

Unlike KP who has just bought a Penthouse in Chelsea.

So GO STANFORD SUPERSTARS!!!!

And I hope an English player makes a horrendous mistake that costs them the game - and it haunts him forever.

And that will be the 'legacy' of Stanfords 20-20 for $20 million.

HEAR HEAR

Well said
 
Go SuperStars,

Although this thread was started by me about 24 hrs ago :p
 
Apparently Jack Bannister, a cricket correspondent for a radio station in the uk, thinks the players have colluded between themselves to give the loosing team a share of the money. So whichever team wins will give a percentage of their winnings to the loosers. This eases the pressure on the players otherwise it might have been too much.

In any case, this is a unique match in that it is purely for the money and nothing else and for an unprecedented amount, and it will be interesting to see how the players are affected by it.
 
Last edited:
I really hope England gets crushed in this match :D
 
Living in the UK, its interesting that the media goes overboard whenever england win a few matches, only for the mood to become doom and gloom when they loose some. Am not sure how they will react to an english victory in this one, jealousy might prevent too much praise.
Kevin Pietersons record as captain
tests played 1 won 1
ODIs played 6 won 4 lost 1 (to newz) NR 1
 
Superstars 1 Chris Gayle (capt), 2 Andre Fletcher (wk), 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 5 Sylvester Joseph, 6 Kieron Pollard, 7 Darren Sammy, 8 Sulieman Benn, 9 Dave Mohammad, 10 Jerome Taylor, 11 Daren Powell.
 
ENGLAND WIN THE TOSS AND ELECT TO BAT FIRST

The last ball of the match can fly for 6 yet! :)
 
Right, here we go. Mike Haysman has the captains together. Heads it is, and England win the toss. And they have chosen to bat
 
"It's an unbelievable opportunity for the 22 players tonight," says Kevin Pietersen, who adds that there are "absolutely no dramas" in the dressing-room. Gayle admits he would have batted too, but is happy to have a go at chasing tonight.
 
Omar Malik said:
The first 10 overs will be the key here!


Kaisa hai Pardesi Babu?

Phir last key ten overs mein kia gilli danda khelin gaye?
 
On Sky Sports, its just shown Nasser, Atherton and some other commentator getting high catches on the pitch and they dropped half of them. They're now saying that as the ball goes above the lights it disappears from view and then reappears.
 
I've got 5Live with Arlo White and Agnew on the radio, eagerly awaiting the match in about 15 mins time.

Me thinks, England's complaints about the lights, the pitch and mid-week shenanigans could be pre-loss excuses, but feel confident they'll win. No problem for Stanford's team, they have his patronising/support and financial backing :)
 
too much buildup and this will not bring more viewers because eitehr they are watching or they are not. Haven't seen much ads either so it is not about making money from ads. just start the game. Toss took place 20 min ago
 
Afridi_Fan said:
Kaisa hai Pardesi Babu?

Phir last key ten overs mein kia gilli danda khelin gaye?


hahahaha! :)))

Main aik dam fit yaar tu suna kaisa hai?

Bhai, pehle 10 overs bhi important hain jitne last 10 so dekho agar England panicks or not! :p phir woh baad mein gilli danda bhi khel lein koi baat nahi! :p LOL!
 
Its live on Tensports, the website shows its live from 2:30 to 6:30

2:30 - 6:30 Stanford 20-20: Superstars v England


And the Highlights

9:30 - 13:00 Stanford 20-20: Superstars v England H/L's
 
Omar Malik said:
hahahaha! :)))

Main aik dam fit yaar tu suna kaisa hai?

Bhai, pehle 10 overs bhi important hain jitne last 10 so dekho agar England panicks or not! :p phir woh baad mein gilli danda bhi khel lein koi baat nahi! :p LOL!


I am fine as well man.Soon will be going downstairs to watch it on Dish TV
 
Afridi_Fan said:
I am fine as well man.Soon will be going downstairs to watch it on Dish TV


Good Good! Yeah it's better to watch this match on tele! Itna bada match jo hai! :p
 
iafzal said:
it is on ESPN360 folks

I could not find anything on Dish


And you could not find anything on Dish

O Bhai merey Chawalon ki dish per match thori he hota hai, I was asking abt Dish Tv :p
 
Omar Malik said:
Good Good! Yeah it's better to watch this match on tele! Itna bada match jo hai! :p


Banda is stanford ku utha he ley, paisa bara hai is key pass
 
Sammy bowling the 1st over and starts off with a wide!

hmmm, surprise for everyone to see him with the new ball!
 
Misfield and they pick up two!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top