Stanford T20 | England v Middlessex | Antigua | 26/10/08

SameerM

T20I Debutant
Runs
Stanford T20: England v Middlessex

Anyone just see STRAUSS drop Flintoff to the easiest catch EVERRRR????

What the heck...?! I just switched over after seeing this thread and England are struggling away with just 80 on the board and with only 5 overs to go!

England players are sooo NOT suited to 20/20. Its their attitude since their club level days, where all players get into their mindset that they get all technical and are more suited to test match cricket.

Anyone just see STRAUSS drop Flintoff to the easiest catch EVERRRR????
That catch was as easy as they can get. Maybe too much flight or too easy to catch. Kartik dropped a simple slip catch too. That might be more easier as it came straight to him
This Hull (leg spinner) is spinning the ball well

It was strange that Pietersen was making an issue of Middlesex getting a left arm fast bowler for this series who didn't play for them last season. The big money for England is not dependant on winning against Middlesex. And Middlesex's key batsman Owais Shah is not playing for them

Last edited:
Eng 88-3 after 16.1 overs
and a chakkka by Shah

Last edited:
unbelievably the Middlesex team is really giving this England team a run for their money.. although the dropped catches might hurt them in the end...

I think it was Rauf shouting Freddie. Unless Kartik was relaying the message

3 runs in last over and one of them was a bye (overthrow too)
Eng 121-4 after 20 overs

Seems obscene that this cricket series is going ahead....given the current financial climate

It is obscence for the amount of money and the amount of cricket involved (forget the type of cricket). Just one match. For the other matches they are getting paid like Strauss (I am guessing each Middlesex player) will make $100K for each of match and then for them there is prize for winning the match

Last edited:
Pietersen drops a catch at extra cover boundry
Middle 33-1 - need 89 from 78 balls

I just started watching this, these kits are hilarious.

The England team look like they're about to go to bed and Middlesex look like a bunch of little girls

Middlesex played county season with these. They were pinkies when they won it. Only difference here is that the bats are painted black

12thMan said:
Middlesex played county season with these. They were pinkies when they won it. Only difference here is that the bats are painted black

In the Stanford T20, the bats have always been black!

Pink's the new way forward now! Pink balls will soon be seen crushing into the parks! :)))

Middlesex 48-3 after x overs. need 74 from 52 balls

Last edited:
Based on this performance Middlesex will be lucky to win a game in the Champions League and there's no danger of England getting to the finals of next years T20 WC

2 poor sides.

Which players will play for 'Stanford XI'?

18 to win off 6 balls

I think I'll be watching next weeks 'freak show' just hoping KP drops the catch off the last ball...and with it $20 million

Middlesex dont seem to have any big hitters in their side apart from Malan who's average

such a useless match..2 crap teams...120+ in T20 in nothing and Middlesex still couldnt chase it and well England once again have to thank the Pakistani Owais Shah for this victory

Y are englishmen such big loosers, in 20/20. They cant play 2 save their life. Their mentality is of test cricket, and are not born to play 20/20.

How could England just make above 120 against a CLUB team?!
That's even worse than Pakistan's batting in the Canada T20 Cup final... :p

Back